Astoria Greengrass

The cold chilling winter easily went snowing down to Hogwarts just the day after the match. Everyone was staying inside the castle where there are warm fire places to breath. Herbology subject was no good, they were freezing at the green houses when a Hufflepuff turned out cold and fainted in the spot, Professor Sprout dismissed the class immediately.

The following two weeks were the ones who kept the Head Students and Prefects busy, students’ mischiefs were running in the corridor, most especially at night. Hermione had sent all the students she caught in detention back at Wednesday night, Malfoy only laughed at her side.

“That’s the third one! Haven’t you got anything good to do, Draco? Or would you prefer to laugh all night?”

“Maybe, if you stayed like that all night.”

Hermione withdrew her wand. “Say it! I’ll hex you, Draco! D’you prefer to laugh all night?”

Draco’s eyes widened and then his hand swished into his robes before surrendering casually and laughing. Hermione haven’t noticed anything.

“Whoa! Easy, beautiful. D’you prefer me to laugh all night?”

“I would if you wouldn’t stop being annoying.”

“Just … just let that wand down would you?” Hermione had heard the slight fear in his voice. Draco was still afraid that someone would hurt him.

“Just do your duty as Head Boy, would you?” Hermione said casually then lowered her wand.

Before midnight, Hermione and Draco were back in there common room, doing the usual and one last kiss before they bade goodnight. Hermione once again slept in Draco’s arms.

Saturday came and the lists of the students who were going to stay at Hogwarts were passed to Hermione and Malfoy, Draco signed up at once knowing he has nowhere to go. Ron and Ginny signed up too, so does Harry, wanting to spend their last Christmas there. And Hermione also had no more choice. Luna and Neville however, were going.

An only day away before the Christmas Holiday starts …

“Draco …” Hermione put down her book and threw herself into Malfoy’s loving arms, as gentle as it was, Hermione enjoyed it even more.

“Yes, my love?”

“I love you …” Hermione closed her eyes, letting her head rest on his arms

“I love you too, beautiful.” hugging her tighter.

Hermione smiled, eyes still closed, taking a deep breath as she took in the love Malfoy was giving. His warm gentle hands, playing her hair, it’s all so comforting. Hermione never knew this, never knew that this pathetic cockroach even know what love means.

They were at the Head Common Room when the door suddenly opened. Hermione remained still as Draco turned his head to the portrait door. After a few moments, Draco wasn’t still speaking.

“Who is it, Draco?” Hermione asked as she opened her eyes and sat up.

“Oh,” she looked at the girl standing and smiling sweetly at them, the brown-haired one.

Hermione stood up quickly.

“Hello,” she said in the friendliest voice she could ever muster, Draco just looked at her and then sat up again.

“You must be Astoria, Draco has told me about you.”

The girl smiled. “You do, Draco?”

“Asty, what are you doing here?” Draco sneered.