At the Room of Requirement

A/N: So far, this is the best chapter i've ever wrote, so ... I hope you enjoy this the way I enjoyed writing it :)

Once again, All rights belong to the most awesome author of all time, J.K. Rowling.

--

 It was a rainy evening when they arrived at Hogwarts.

“Not the best start of year, all in all, after all.” Harry said when he looked down at the almost flowing lake and the huge rain coated outline of Hagrid leading the first years to the boat.

Ron was silent after the encounter with Malfoy; it was when the feast started when he finally spoke.

“Hermione, do you love me?” he said in a cold voice, quite unlike his own.

Hermione slopped all the pumpkin juice on her robes after what Ron had just said.

“What?”

“You heard me,” he said glumly. “You’ll be spending an entire year in partnership with Malfoy; I mean you can’t even sleep in our common room now.”

Hermione smiled, Ginny giggled. “Ickle Ronnie’s jealous.” She said, imitating her twin brothers.

“Oh shut up,” he said, ears turning scarlet. “Answer me, Hermione.” He said, with a pleading note in his voice.

“Ron, you know I love you. And don’t worry; I’ll be spending all my time in the Gryffindor common room. I would sleep in the couch if you want to.”

“No!” Ron said quickly, turning bright red. “No! You can sleep in your common room. It’s just nah, okay, alright I’m just … jealous.” He sighed.

“Don’t be. I love you, okay?” Hermione said sweetly.

Ron smiled, “I love you more, Hermione.”

They ate and laughed until the last bits of crumbs disappeared and the plates and goblets were once again gleaming.

They barely listened to what Headmistress Professor McGonagall was saying about the new Transfiguration teacher called Professor Cieka Pevensie and a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher by the name of Rico Claridad. It was until they heard the names of the Head Students that they came into focus.

“It’s true then, Malfoy’s the Head Boy.” Ron said bitterly.

“Hermione, just be careful when your with him.”

“Ron, there’s nothing to worry about. I mean, even pigwidgeon can beat him,”

Everyone laughed.

“So what should we do now then? You know, in our first night back.” Harry said.

“Go to sleep. I’m pretty tired.” Ron said.

“I dunno, Ron. I was looking for some bonding time with us friends.”

“Gryffindor common room then?”

“Hang on, what about Luna?” Neville said.

Hermione looked at Neville suspiciously. “I mean, she’s our friend too.” Neville muttered.

“We could invite her to our common room,” Ginny suggested.

“No, Ginny, we can’t. No one not in Gryffindor has entered ours for years so, we can’t invite her in.”

“But Luna’s our friend, what’s wrong with that?” Ron said.

“Has anyone among all of you ever bothered reading Hogwarts; a History?”