Another Train Ride

A girl with bushy brown hair and brown eyes stepped out of the between King’s Cross station and Platform 9 ¾, followed by a tall, thin, freckled faced boy with flaming red hair. Another boy with jet black hair, round glasses and bright green yes behind it, stood waiting for them and a girl with flaming red hair and brown eyes held his hand.

“Where’s Neville and Luna?” asked the boy with glasses.

“Dunno, they said to meet them here.” said the bushy haired girl.

The freckled face boy smiled down at her.

“What?”

“I love it when you say ‘dunno’, Hermione.”

“Oh, Ron, you know where I would have got it.” She smiled and giggled.

There they are!” the red-haired girl said, pointing at a round faced boy and a girl with dirty blond hair.

“Ginny!” Neville said, approaching the other four, pulling Luna behind him.

“Hi Ginny, Harry, Ron, Hermione.” The dreamy voice of Luna said, as she nodded at them.

“What about me, Luna?” Neville said teasingly but breathlessly.

“Neville … wrack spurts got you? We’ve been together for half an hour.” Luna said wisely.

Neville stared at her for a moment. “I’m joking, Luna …” he said shyly.

“Shall we find a compartment on the train then?” Harry said.

All nodded except for Hermione, her eyes had fallen at a thin, paled-faced boy at the other side of the station, for one moment, she thought she caught his gray eyes.  Draco Malfoy was holding hands with his girlfriend, Pansy Parkinson. They seem to look upset, but it was probably about Malfoy’s parents being thrown to Azkaban. Hermione suddenly felt pity towards the mean boy who had called her ‘mudblood’, and had made their life near as hell right before the war.

“Hermione, come on …” Ron’s voice whispered in her ear.

With a start, Hermione walked, hand in hand with her boyfriend- Ron, still lost in thought about Malfoy. She shrugged and tried to focus on where they were going.

They found a compartment near the end of the train. There were people running everywhere, all over the train. It seemed fuller than their last train rides, but it was probably because some people are going to start their year again, including Hermione, Ron, Harry, Luna and Neville, or some first years are just going to start their year.

Just as Hermione was going to sit, a boy with light brown hair, fourth year by the looks of it, approached their compartment.

“Excuse me, but Ms. Granger,” he said shyly. “Professor McGonagall wants to see the Head Students.”

Hermione smiled at him. “Sure, where can I find her?”

 The boy caught her eye and blushed, “The compartment near the driver.” He said as he looked down at his feet.

“Thanks,” said Hermione. He rounded at Ron, expecting the boy to go but he did not move.

“And Ms. Granger,”

“Call me Hermione,”

“Errr, can I have your autographs, the three of you.” He said, still looking down at his feet. “I mean, my little sister wants one, and I just thought …” he stopped.