Confessions

“Oh, err  ...” This is awkward. Hermione was looking at Ginny; Malfoy was still leaning on her.

“So?” she said in a rising voice. Malfoy stood up.

“I’ll … I’ll go then …” he said then went off to his bedroom leaving Hermione with a glaring Ginny.

“Ginny”

“I know. So, that’s what my brother meant when he said ‘be happy’” she said in a cold voice.

“Well, I don’t know how he knew about it but … I, I think so.”

Happy?”

“ I … I don’t know.”

“Hermione, of all people-?”

“Why is it him? Yeah, I also don’t know … it just sort of … came.”

“Came?”

“Came. We were just talking then he called me beautiful and we seem like were having such a really good time and then the next thing I knew, his lips touched mine.”

“So that wasn’t your first kiss?”

Hermione shook her head, “That was the fourth.”

“And you’ve been kissing him while you’re dating my brother?”

“I know! Don’t make me feel guilty, Ginny. That’s why I broke up with him.”

“I’m not making you feel guilty, Hermione.”

“Then …”

“Are you sure about this?”

“No … yes  ... it’s complicated.” She sighed.

“I trust all of your decisions. Hermione, if it weren’t for you, my Harry wouldn’t be here.” She said and then hugged Hermione.

“It’s just so complicated. I mean, I’m in love with Ron, then he goes up and kiss me, and then suddenly I enjoy his attention.”

“I want you to be happy with your decision. Ron loves you, Hermione. He could forgive you right now for every wrong thing you’ve done because we both know that there are worse things. He would understand what you did, Hermione. Just please, consider the fact that you know him more than Malfoy.”

“Now Harry’s mad at me too.” She sighed. “Right now, I want Malfoy. Maybe I’ll just kill myself.”

“Don’t say that! Harry’ll come around soon.”

“Yeah, sooner than Malfoy and I’d be ending up.”

“Really, Granger?” a drawling voice said behind her.

“Oh! Malfoy.”

“What?”

“Nothing …”

“You two done talking?” he said coldly at Ginny.

“Were still talking, Malfoy.”

“Hurry up then.”

“And what if I don’t hurry up?”

“I’m calling McGonagall.”

“Running to a teacher now, eh Malfoy?”

“You two, stop being harsh.” Hermione interrupted.

“Right,” said Ginny then turning to Hermione “I’ll go now, in case some stupid childish jerk calls a teacher.”  Then went off to the portrait hole, shutting it heavily.