Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 30

9.3K 419 220
By Just_for_a_change

I think if I have to stand one more second of this, I might go insane. Yesterday, after Blaze's interrogation, I decided to stay with the group the whole day. I want to start a rampage already.

But be optimistic, I am still avoiding dad.

Like a coward.

My wolf added. I wanted to growl at her. But she is the one who enables me to do that so... let's not confuse ourselves. Moving on.

How do I describe school in one sentence?

If you have seen a day, you have seen them all. How do teens stand this? It really is beyond me.

All the classes were the same.

Amelia was still trying to reach me. Jason trying to annoy me. And Stacey, well just being Stacey.

I am trying to do what Sam told me to. And I found a lot of things about these people. It's true, Sam already molded me, but there are still some things I could learn from them.

Ok, I thought I would eat my own arm off before I said this, but Stacey is admirable as she is a very, very, VERY curious person. Ok now, that seems kinda obvious. But I am not talking about the normal healthy kind here. It is 'knowledge is my food' kind. Despite the appearance of the chipmunk she actually eats very little. In fact, I think she eats just to appease Drake. The girl never feels hungry. She is the nosy, annoying, sometimes offending and yet amusing kind. It is like all her questions are well planned and let me tell you, she is always one step away from actually offending someone.

She is not the nerdy, high IQ kind that Jason is. But she is his sister after all. Some traits should be there. She is just eternally curious. She is like a dog after a bone when she finds something interesting.

That girl has her sights on me. I know weird questions are already scheming in her puny mind. But pigs will fly before I give her anything. I nicely remove myself out of situations where she might focus all that attention on me.

All I can say is, she should feel privileged that I choose her over eating my own arm off.

The only other person she can't seem to get to is Raven. She has my respect for that. In fact, I think Raven is my least 'hated person' in the group. Even though she tries to mock me every chance she gets. To be fair, I do it too. It is a mutual understanding. Our way of communication. And it sure keeps things interesting in the least. She is a worthy opponent, words only of course.

She is quiet most of the time and unlike me, doesn't even hide the fact that she doesn't appreciate her questioning. Her crush on Drake also doesn't help the situation. She rolls her eyes most of the time, huffs and won't even look Stacey's ways. One time she even puffed smoke onto her face. Did I forget to mention she smokes?

I am kinda fine with it but the rest of the group is not. Even though no one really calls out, you can feel the pressure building every time she whips one out. They should calm down. The girl has issues, let her deal with it her way.

Who knows, maybe I would have been 'that weed kid' if it wasn't for Sam. Honestly, I don't know what I would become without him.

Then there is Jason. Huh, what can I say? His only job seems to be to annoy Stacey and annoy me. I understand why he finds the chipmunk so entertaining, but me? I am not even that fun to annoy. All I can think about every time he approaches me is the 100 ways I get to kill him when I can the chance. I don't think he would share my idea of fun.

Nonetheless, he is entertaining to Zian because he gives her the adrenaline rush of killing someone. She loves the anger he brings out in her. Real smooth and messed up, I know.

Zian is really quiet nowadays. I am a bit worried about her. Are all wolves like this? She is there to support and give me strength physically and mentally when I need it, but is this normal? Should I be worried?

Zian was always different anyway. For one thing, she came out prematurely. She lost some of her beauty sleep thanks to my ever-loving mate. And that has to make a girl cranky. Plus the absence of our mate has to have messed her up some way by now.

I also found that Jason's last name is 'Mavis.' It is really feminine and mushy, but apparently, it is a family name. I am a sucker for culture and heritage so I don't speak much on it. Personally, I think such a huge, muscled, tattooed guy being called Mr. Mavis will be the biggest of ironies.

When I walked with the group, I also realized that most of the time they were getting dirty stares from my cousin and her gang. Sierra and Lilly are like the 'it' girls around here.

And frankly speaking, I am slightly disappointed to see that I am not at the center of their attention anymore- Stacey is.

Ever since she 'snagged' Drake as Sierra terms to the rest of the gang. Apart from me, I don't think anyone heard it. Maybe Raven. She always has the same look on her face and I think she will gladly join the banshees for their cause, as long as she got Drake. They are all vulnerable that way.

Even Jason. No matter how straightforward the guy is, there are just some parts of him I can't understand.

Like the longing look on his face when he says Blaze and Jem. Or the forlorn expression he has when he sees Amelia and Hails.

How very pathetic. These puke worthy moments. Isn't it time for him to grow up yet?

I can stand everything about the banshees- except their loose nature. You know exactly what I am talking about. I hate how they lose their dignity and sleep around with every were with a few muscles to go by.

It is disgusting really. They are the exact reason why this world needs a cleanup. I know my mate's not an option anymore. But Sam has given me hope again. And I for sure know that it should be with one person and only one. No matter what I went through, I would never, EVER hand over my dignity to a person like that. Ever. Even if it meant my survival. That's how disgusting it is. And I know, it can break a person in some ways, but I will never resort to that low a standard of evil. I like to have some class in my evil doings. That's what I like about Sam he is conserved and unpredictable but very intimidating and wild at the same time. Primitive yet complex. Evil in a whole new level. Like a real controller. It flowed around him like a thick cloak of confidence and identity.

And yes, I know I am no pure virgin to say this, but at least the fact that I am not isn't my fault. It wasn't a willing decision to hand over my pride like that. I accept it for what is was. That's that. Sam knows what is best for me and if he ordered one of his men (or his brothers or himself or god knows who, I don't care) to rape me, then so be it. It is done, no pondering over it. Period.

It is for a good cause anyway. If I am ever in a situation someone threatens it, then I won't have anything to lose. No one will ever guess that the alpha kings' mate had lost it so early.

So like I said, it has some advantages.

Anyway, now I take special care to stay under the radar. Especially Mr. Hawk's classes. Yeah, I think he deserves that name really.

The way his searching gaze locks on me whenever he presents the class a question 1 step ahead of their level. They think he is being challenging. I know the truth. He is trying to draw me out. Nope. Nada. Not happening.

He even called me when he presented the question on the board today. But I think I acted the innocent, dumb girl really well here.

I might have looked a bit confused even. Still, I wonder whether every time he looks at me, he knows that I know all the answers to his questions.

At least other subjects are going fine. Only Mr. H seems to be the threat here. He will lose his interest soon, I hope.

This time by the time lunch rolled by, I made sure to scoot out without anyone noticing. Out into the alley where I met Zarine. I admit a small part of me is concerned. How is she doing? Is she ok? Did anyone... no I wouldn't go there.

I can't wait for Sam to dig up something about her.

The smell hit me just as bad when I went in. However, what caught my attention was the look on their faces when they saw me. They looked almost hopeful. Like I was some kind of light in this shadow. Some of them try to touch me as if to see if I was real. And despite the wretched smell, I stayed put. Not showing any emotion.

Tears glistened in some of the women's eyes. And a child tugged at my hoodie, looking at me hopefully. I warily looked at her and pulled out a green apple from my bag.

Today, when I packed lunch I made sure to take some extra. By extra, I mean a lot. My bag was heavy with fruits and what not. Some of the pack members who saw me would wonder where all the food goes. But I can't care less about what they think.

Especially, when the way the little girl's eyes lit up was totally worth it.

Suddenly, the little girl who I helped last time came bounding up to me yelling

"ANGEL!"

She immediately hugged my legs and I stood their awkwardly. I am really bad at shows of affection.

Did she just call me... angel? This kid has a funny picture of angels. One wearing a hoodie just tells a lot of things you know.

"Um... I am pretty sure I am not an angel." I said, hopefully, she will understand. I am far from the concept really. But I admit there was something warm in my chest when I saw her eyes look up at me with admiration.

"Yes, you are. Mommy says angels are good people who don't know they are angels. She tells me that everyone can be an angel. So yes, you are, you are an angel."

Almost on cue the people around also seemed to have picked it up. A lot of shouts were heard.

"ANGEL, ANGEL!"

Now I am a bit irritated.

"I AM NOT an angel," I growled

The crowd looked scared by it.

The little girl has some guts. She still didn't waver or look scared as she stared at me. I am sure my canines were out by now. Huh. Growing in the slums messes up your danger meter a bit I guess. If it was anyone else they would be running in the opposite direction.

I took deep breaths to calm myself and everyone watched with bated breath as my canines receded. I crouched down to the girl's level.

"What is your name?" I ask.

"Emily."

"Listen, Emily, I am not an angel because angels are mythical creatures and biologically speaking I am a werewolf. So yes, I am a werewolf." I try my best explaining it to the five-year-old. Is this the way to explain it to a five-year-old?

She looked at me confused for a second before she nods her head.

"Ok, but then you should be a good werewolf then. Coming out to help us and all." She smiled a tootsie smile.

And for a while, my vision blurred thinking of the worst things I have done and the things I plan to do. She won't see me as an angel then.

I am embarrassed to admit that a small part of me wished to be the great person she made me out to be. But I am not and that's that.

"Not really," I said.

"I think I am a monster." I smile a sad smile. I am pretty sure only she heard it though.

Her eyes widen a little. That ought to keep her away for good.

When or if the time ever comes, I will make her death as painless and quick as possible. That is the most I can give her.

"Emily!" a woman shrieks.

Ugh screeching women everywhere, I hate this.

Immediately Emily is scooped up and I meet the familiar eyes of the woman I saw the last time.

"I am truly sorry for whatever she said to you. She can be a handful sometimes."

She says. I grunt in response, noticing the crowd has departed when she came and behind her was Zarine. I could already feel the slight pull but it was gone just as it came.

"Zarine dear, can you escort her to the alpha?"

"Yes, mom." She mumbles her bored gaze fixed on me.

Mom? That explains why she was there and saw me when I helped the woman and Emily.

I remembered the bag of apples I bought and turned back to see it laying there empty. Oh well.

"Come on," Zarine said exasperated and I could feel Zian bristling at her tone.

She began to walk without waiting for me and I followed catching up quickly.

I took a breath of the putrid air, holding it in my mouth before puffing it out. The old stains on the wall were still there. This was deeper than I came in before.

"So home sweet home huh?" I said, glancing at Zarine before going back to observing the walls around me.

"It won't last." She blurted out.

"What?"

"It won't last. Their love for you. It won't last. It will all go away when they find out who you really are. They will hate you." She said.

I looked at her amusedly. This is turning out to be way more interesting than I thought.

"And why is that?" I asked incredulously.

"Because you are the reason we are here. It is because you were so inadequate."

Did this little brat just call me inadequate? Zian started growling for the first time since we met Zarine and that is saying something. I could feel my canines lowering again.

Deep breaths Zara, deep breath.

First, she tells me I am at fault for whatever messed up reason they're here in this hell hole. Then she goes up and calls me inadequate. To say I am imagining 1000 beautiful ways to kill her is an understatement.

Before I could say anything we reached a building. It looked to be the biggest around here. Certainly not the best though with its crumbling walls and other insects and what not. Air was also the worst here. It seemed old and decayed like it's been stuck here for a while. Probably due to the lack of air circulation.

Zian took me to the door and turned to look at me. I looked at Zian darkly. She will have to wait.

I pushed through the rags that barely passed for curtains and went in. The smell of dust was very prominent here. But there were murmurs and footsteps that could be heard.

I could feel the presence of 8... no 10 men in there. All of them quite powerful. Three I could easily distinguish as an alpha's.

Wait, three?

Huh.

Might be difficult to take them down. Physical methods won't be enough.

Zian said and I rolled my eyes. Just like my wolf to be on her guard in every situation. Quickest escape routes, strategies, assessing quickly any weak spots of our opponents and even the landscape to notice things to use if it came down to it. As far as Zian is concerned even the walls and the freaking floor is a weapon. I can't complain as I am the same. It goes without saying that Sam taught me this.

The only time I didn't have to do this was when I was with him.

I pushed through the next set of rags to barge into some kind of meeting. All 10 sets of eyes focused on my glorious redheaded self.

"Welcome Zara, we've been waiting for you." Said a blonde boy... who looked 17, no 18?

However, I could feel the strong alpha vibe coming from him. Wait, I think I have heard of him... Curt that's his name. Blonde and young. We need to learn all the pack politics. Curt was currently 22. He had to take over since his parents died in a car crash or something. Sources say he was more than efficient though. He took over when he was 20.

Whoa, he barely looked a day over 17. He is one of the youngest alphas in history and by the looks of it, I bet he is wiser than Blaze.

I nod my head assessing others around the room.

He points towards a middle-aged black haired man next to him.

"This is my beta Bronn. He is really thankful that you helped his daughter Emily the other day." He tells me a wink and playful grin adorned with dimples.

Huh, no wonder Emily had that kind of power over the people here. Beta's daughter and all.

Bronn looked like a quiet, reserved man who liked to observe everything around him. I gave him the same respectable nod.

Then he pointed towards the other alphas in the room. One was another brunette. He looked to be in his 50s. Very serious too. But you could say he was wise looking at his eyes.

Then there was a red-headed alpha who kinda looked like he was high but appearance says otherwise.

I know all of them without introductions. The redhead is Derek. And ever since I heard of him I have wanted to fight him. He is apparently one of the most skilled fighters in history.

You'd never guess that looking at him though. Lounging on his chair, eyes focusing nowhere and puffing out smoke rings.

Such a waste. Why do all geniuses end up like this? Derek is only 25.

But I bet he can fight even in that state.

He sure as hell will be fun to take on.

Zian sneered. Sharing a bit of adrenaline to me. If it came down to it we have got ourselves a problem. Untangling ourselves from the situation might not be easy. Especially with Derek here.

The brunette Zonn is alpha of the Black mountain. He had a son who died at birth. He is currently without an heir. But he still looks able to lead a pack. Now that I notice he has a prominent nose. Like Cleopatra. Besides you need a nose like that if you want to look down at somebody like he is doing right now to me.

Derek leads Red Alps. Curt is the alpha of the East wing and Zonn is the alpha of black mountain.

Classy names if you ask me. But they are the oldest packs still standing. Legend has it that all other packs are branches of these three. After all, they are directly made by the moon goddesses' hands. They also consider themselves to be superior and more pure-blooded than the rest. Which may be true I suppose. Especially Black mountain. Being born in any of these packs itself is a privilege. Even an omega from these packs has the uttermost respect from everyone.

Seriously people treat you as if you poop gold if you are a direct descendant of these packs.

So let's not even think about alphas.

I think the only person they respect otherwise will be Blaze.

And if I had to take a wild guess from Mr. Grumpy face's expression, I'd say he is darn sad that Blaze wasn't born in Black mountain.

Hah, take that you old bat.

I let Curt introduce all of them even if I knew them. Always better to let people underestimate me.

"Oops, where are my manners? Zara, please take a seat." Curt pointed towards a chair that seemed to have been left only for me. Bit of a klutz I see. Though rumors have it that he is very intelligent, in science I mean. His pack has some medicines that are unbelievable thanks to him.

I took the seat right next to Derek, who didn't bother to spare me more than a side glance before puffing out some smoke.

Inexperienced in the drug myself I wanted to cough. Ugh.

Zian growled. My wolf may not be an alpha, but she has alpha blood. He is hella dominant. And she takes disrespect from no one. Period.

Zonn looked at me with a slightly disgusted look on his face before perching his nose high in the air.

What? My dressing style not good enough for his highness? He should see my cousin in that case.

Besides, I am not the one living in a slum.

"Would you like something to drink? Or..." Curt started

"Let's cut to the chase. Why are you all here?" I snapped, already irritated by the disrespect from the other 2 alphas. If I had my way, their heads would no longer be connected to their bodies.

The last thing I need is a walking tornado.

9 sets of eyes peered at me with shock (except Derek, he is in smoke land.). That's no way to speak to an alpha.

Curt just laughed it off, though everyone could hear it was strained. I guess he was the one working hard to keep this dysfunctional group together. I think I just added to his problems 10 fold.

"Quiet a feisty one huh?" Curt said when he saw no one else shared his idea of humor.

He turned to Zonn who said

"She needs to learn some manners."

Excuse me?

I gave him a blank stare hiding the turmoil within. He held my stare with a glare. If looks could kill he will be 6 feet under dining with Lucifer and his minions. And I don't mean me by any chance no, I mean the old bat.

"Anyway, as you asked why are we here. Well, it's a long story." He chuckled.

I raised one of my eyebrows telling him that we have nothing but time. Who cares if I skip a class or two?

"Coincidentally, it's all connected to you."

That piqued my interest.

"Well, the feud between our pack and the alpha king started 3 years ago right after you decided to disappear from the face of Earth." He looked at me accusingly.

I didn't flinch. Nor will I explain. He sighed as if dealing with a stubborn sibling and continued.

"Our packs, areas you already know are the most ancient packs which mean we respect pack laws, traditions and culture more than any other."

You think? I don't think Zonn will even let mates date until they are 20 or something. Sierra would have a fit. I mentally chuckled at the thought.

"So when the alpha king asked us to sign the alliance with him, well we refused."

I think I know where this is going.

"We cannot accept an alpha king without a mate. Because without one, he simply isn't mature enough. However, that law can be overlooked if he hadn't found his mate yet. But he had you. And he made the most foolish decision by rejecting you."

Whoa, even though I knew this was coming it was still a shock. These 3 packs went against Blaze for me. I am bit, a teeny, tiny bit flattered. So many political issues because of me. It suddenly made me feel important and wanted. Petty, I know.

I had more power than I thought. Now Zian's words made sense. But she still called me inadequate. The nerve.

3 powerful alphas of ancient packs. The hardest to accept was Derek. He seemed like a go with the flow kind of guy if anything.

"Why? Why is it such a big deal? Jem is his chosen mate."

I saw Zonn's face snap up at the mention of Jem.

"That sorry excuse for a female is nowhere good enough to lead a pack, let alone the whole of werewolf kind." He spits out. Looking at me for the first time.

"And we don't allow prostitutes to lead our pack. Not now, not ever." He said going back to his high and mighty self. Head held high.

"Besides, the pathetic thing can't even shift. How are we going to accept that? Like I said, so many of these problems wouldn't have arrived if he was born in my pack like all the other kings. I would have taught him the laws of our world and everything would be fine. He wouldn't dare ask us to submit with a prostitute draped across his arms." he justified.

Hm, now that think about it, it will be difficult to accept someone like that wouldn't it?

I am not alone in my hatred for Jem. That's good to know. Potential ally was the only word in my mind right now. I smirked. This is very good. Very, very good. Sam will be really pleased.

Blaze has run into some problems I see. Interesting. How come none of the other packs know about this though? I bit my tongue from asking as Curt continued.

"At first it wasn't such a big deal. He tries to negotiate with sweet words, flattery, gifts anything to make us accept the girl. But you know for us, laws are laws." He sighed.

"Who Blaze?" I asked stupefied. I can't imagine Blaze trying to please anyone.

"No, his father."

Oh. Of course, alpha would take advantage of Blaze's power.

I smirked. I should have seen it coming. Blaze can't care less about anyone's acceptance.

"He even pulled some strings and got us more power over the wolves who go out into the human world."

Wow, these people are saints if they refused that. Wolves who went out into the human world was controlled by the alpha king only. No compromises on that.

And it was every alpha's dream to control these pack members. To bring weapons and what not. The alpha king's direct control over these pack members is the reason why there isn't much shady business going on in the were world.

No black market. And no involvement in the underground. The first werewolf those criminals laid eyes on was me.

Vampires are a regular there though. In fact, they thrive on it.

"But laws are laws." Zonn sighed. So tight and loyal.

"The disagreement was kept a secret among all the alphas and the king. So when they suddenly unleashed a war on our unsuspecting people. Well..." Curt drawled on.

War? This came to a war. Did Blaze unleash a freaking war on innocent women and children just because of this? How could he? His insensitivity knows no bounds. He isn't fit to be king no matter what the moon goddess thinks. He is a selfish bastard. Innocent women and children suffer because of him.

I could feel warm blood seeping out of the wounds from the nails digging into my palms.

"It wasn't one of our most proud moments but we had to save the innocents. That was our priority and so we submitted." Zoon continued.

"Not fully though, they get the vast lands of what our pack used to be. And we will be forced to live in these slums where the king can keep an eye on us. That is until we accept his chosen mate and him and submit to them. It seemed like the best option at the time. To save many lives. Although we have lost so many to illness. The conditions are very unhygienic here." The alpha ended sadly.

I can't believe the conditions that Blaze has put them in. The way he treated them and what he is forcing them into living.

These glorious packs reduced to such levels.

I could feel the heavy sadness coming from the three alphas. Concern for their people mixed with it. At this rate, they won't last. They will be reduced to nothing. I could feel my hatred for Blaze and Jem multiplying tenfold.

"You have proved yourself to be capable. People around here already respect you a lot. Thanks for bringing the food in. We were running short." Curt smiled at me gratefully. I could feel the sincere warmth in it.

I nodded.

"She might have proven herself to you. But I am not convinced. A few happy pack members are not enough for me. Yes, you do show the capabilities of a queen. But I need more than that." Zonn challenged me looking directly at me.

I held the chair handles tightly to keep Zian in. A rational part of me even realized he is right. A queen in some terms is equal to the alpha king. I should prove myself to him, their people but mostly to myself.

"You are the only one who can calm the raging darkness within the alpha king's heart. Only your light can balance his darkness. You are the moon goddesses' choice and soon the king will realize it too." Zonn continued.

I will die before I get together with Blaze. Besides, I didn't have that much 'light' left in me per se. In fact, I might be darker than Blaze. After all, they are yet to see the true monster I have become. But they don't need to know that. With time, they will know.

Biologically, males have darker minds that females. Mates are important to us weres as they balance each other. Its some genetic coding from the moon goddess herself. That's why every male needs his mate with him.

Besides, an alliance with the vampires might be unthinkable to them. We are mortal enemies after all. They are going to hate me more than Blaze if they knew my chosen mate is a century old vampire.

Why did this generation's king and queen need to be so messed up? Seems like fate is playing games with us.

"What are you going to do about it? Do you have any plans to confront him?" I asked the alphas. I could feel the other men in the room half of them who I don't bother to remember shift uneasily at that question.

"Well, currently as you can see, we stand no chance. We don't have the men to fight. There is lack of food and too much disease to go around. But we are working on it. We were waiting for you to come in. And the people already like you. You can be a major motivation for them."

I nodded my head. But that's just lame. They just sat around and waited for me. What if I never showed up here? I guess they will drag me in any way.

But I am not surprised. These are ancient packs and don't like losing members. Which means they always take the best, safest routes. Even though the chance of said route existing might be the same as a fairytales'.

I guess they were actually expecting the moon goddess to same them or whatever. They need to learn to take things into their own hands and not hesitate to get it dirty. But the fact that he hides the condition he puts the women and children in here just to remain a hero in the people's eyes just ticks me off the wrong way. Surely, there will be a big revolt if they knew. These are the much respected ancient packs after all. Thus all the secrecy.

I mean the fact that Blaze is hiding their current state from the community shows how weak they are. They should be offended. Which I am sure they are.

What was I thinking? War and ancient packs don't mix. But they did root for me. So I have to help. Besides, it will be fun to torture Blaze in any way possible.

My idea isn't that small-scale though. It can impact the whole werewolf community on a whole. And chances of getting caught can increase. Staying under the radar can be difficult and Sam might murder me. But oh well, I am in need of some action anyway. I am ready to get in the game. Finally.

"If you are up for it, I have a plan." I offered.

All the wolves in the room look at me interested.

"Since we don't have enough manpower for a subtle attack I was thinking of a more subtle yet powerful attack. Powerful enough for a blackmail that is."

"Yes... go on" Zonn said leaning forward in his chair to rest his head on his clasped hands on the table.

I knew I had all these ancient alphas the moment I said 'manpower.' So predictable. I could even see that Derek has peeled his eyes off the ceiling to give me a tome of his day.

"I was thinking of a DOS."

"A DOS?" Zonn asked confused and I rolled my eyes at having to explain it to the old bat but Curt beat me to it.

"A DOS or the Denial of service attack is um... something you can launch from the internet. She can restrict their access to certain websites and servers and such. You know to block their access where needed. I am a science guy. I don't know IT field old that much." He said rubbing the back of his neck embarrassed and blushing.

Why is he blushing?

"It's basically what he said." I continue.

"I am going to deny the alpha kings' and the whole werewolf communities access to the internet and blackmail them into giving you better-living conditions. That's the most we can bargain for right now"

More than that I risk my identity more. Can't forget my father is here and he is a skilled hacker. This will be tricky to get by.

"I will install a ransomware demanding better living conditions for you and that will instantly alert the whole of the werewolf community as to what is happening. As Blaze is controlling the only server the werewolves use, everyone will know without delay. And that I presume will be of advantage to you." I said with a stoic face.

"I don't get it, the loss of internet can be a disaster for teens like you but how will it affect the pack that badly. It won't be much of a blackmail."

A dumb man said from the other side of the table. Bran or Dave or Sean or something I think his name was.

"You forget the importance the internet to the king. Without it, he won't have any contacts let alone control over the wolves in the human world."

His eyes widen in realization to my true plans. This will be the biggest blow the pack ever faced. Blaze is not going to have any control over those wolves and their families will freak out. Wolves needed to be kept under a tight check. Blaze will be forced to give in.

It's the least I can do to help the people who literally sacrificed their homes for me.

Zonn seems to love the idea and he is about to clap his hands in glee before he stops and reigns in the emotions. Curt is making googly eyes at me and Derek smirks at me.

"Won't Dex be a problem? Your father is the best hacker around isn't he?" Derek drawls for the first time. So they know my family history. Of course, they know.

I notice his words are slurred and mushed together. Is this guy always high? Wolves don't get drunk easily.

"I will take care of it," I said nonchalantly. Though it is not that easy. He is a big problem.

I immediately whip out my mobile and say in my most formal voice.

"Lexi activate."

This is the only way to unlock her with other wolves around.

"I got another meme for you." Lexi's voice fills in.

And all the wolves around me looked at the phone in awe and fascination.

"Not now Lexi. I need the coding for DOS that I have already saved in your system." I say formally.

"Ooooh, girl so serious. Which is the lucky server getting attacked? Wait I will guess, it is the werewolves' right?"

"Lexi" I groan exasperated.

"Okay, okay geez," she says and everyone around looks taken aback with her informal tone.

"I could use one of these Siri and Cortana don't understand what I say sometimes." One of the men in the room mumbles. I am guessing he is like a typical guy. Gets excited about technology.

"I know I am better than them." Lexi retorted haughtily.

All the men in the room watched the exchange with a smile on their faces.

"Which phone is this? I want to buy one for myself as soon as I am back on my feet."

"She is not in the market as I coded her. She is for my personal use only." I stress my personal as like I said I am possessive of her. And I don't like or want to share Lexi.

"And Lexi, get to work," I said, gritting my teeth. Maybe I need to tone down her playfulness a bit.

The poor wolf looks taken aback by what I said. So does all the alphas but none of them say a word? I think they took the hint.

I know just how powerful Lexi is and they don't need to know that. Only I get to use her and that is that.

Besides, she is our best chance to go anonymously. Like I said, she is an offense app for such purposes. Only I can trace it back to her. Besides we use a different server so we will still have the internet. And don't forget her connection with Lex if something goes wrong. Not that it will.

Of course, they will trace it back to these ancient packs but it is not like they have anything much to lose.

She opened the coding that is already in place. I typed a long message for the alpha king stating my conditions and making sure that the people in the pack won't be confused by the message. I passed the phone around to the alphas so they can see the message that is going to pop up.

Derek waved it off uninterested. Curt read it quickly and approved hastily before handing the phone back to me and brushing our hands in the process and Zonn added a word or two of his own.

I nodded satisfied before running the program.

I got into the werewolves server and sure enough, the attack has been launched. No more internet for you suckers.

I showed it to everyone sitting around and got claps and whistles. Though not what I expected from them, I am a little bit pleased inside. I can imagine Blaze's reaction when he sees this. It is not just their internet that will crash, it is the whole werewolf society. Even I am excited to see the results of this.

So I have gained their liking. Good. I looked at Zonn but he still didn't look convinced. Of course, his approval isn't important to me but potential allies are. And besides Zian and I are up for a challenge anytime. I know exactly how he wants me to prove myself. Through combat.

And I will, gladly.

The scent in the room is giving me a headache. All the weres mixed together. So I nod to Zonn to take a short break. I leave and go to the balcony I noticed when I entered. Not a good view but fresher air. I deactivated Lexie for some peace of mind.

I heard a machine hum behind me before I turned. And there... sat curt. Remember when I called him a walking tornado? Well, make that a sitting one.

His wheelchair stopped at the entryway. I didn't notice this at the meeting.

"Not a fan of large groups huh?" he asked trying to make conversation and rubbing his neck which I noticed he did often.

He noticed me looking at his legs confusedly so he said

"This happened in the war." He mumbled looking away.

Oh.

I wonder how many lives Blaze destroyed. Anger and hatred renewed in me. I looked away from him. He can no longer keep the alpha position. He can't fight physically and sooner or later someone will challenge him. He will have to forfeit. I am surprised he is still alpha. Either his pack is extremely loyal or no one finds his post very attractive in the current situation.

"They annoy me too sometimes, but I guess I learned to live with it." He said.

Is this guy for real? He lost his freaking legs thanks to Blaze. Is he always this... nice? Or is it just me. I noticed that he was always patient and nice with me even when I disrespected him. Doesn't he get angry or what?

I find too good people hard to read or understand. I guess he is that kind. I also notice now that he is handsome. Not hot, blaze-like handsome, but your sweet next door neighbor king. His personality and dimples just added to the whole charm.

I decided to test his patience again.

"Still, it's kinda dumb that you didn't have any plans before I showed up. It's kinda dumb if you ask me. What were you planning to do? Starve yourself to death? " I asked.

He winced but grinned again.

"Not exactly..."

"You wouldn't even know if Blaze planned an attack on you."

"Hey! I think we will. We do have a spy there you know." He said in a childish yet playful tone.

"Really, who?" I asked skeptically.

"My cousin." I actually scoff at that.

If your cousin is anything like you, he won't last.

"She," he said

"Huh?"

"She, it's a she. And I think she is more than capable of looking after herself." He said chuckling like it is some kind of private joke.

"Who is it?"

"She is here already." He said and turned to the entryway.

And standing there with a scowl on her beautiful face is none other than Raven.

Hey guys! You guys are absolutely amazing to have waited this long I am so sorry for the long wait. I was really busy these days. And I can't tell you when the next update will be either. That's why I made this chapter longer than usual.

Anyway, next chapter I am going to give you a choice. Do you want Raven's story (background and her past), or Blaze's reaction to the DOS? The option with the most votes will get the next chapter. And remember guys, you can only choose one.

You know the usual drill- vote, comment and follow.

You guys have been amazing with your support. I am sorry if I don't respond to your comments and otherwise. I will try my best. But no guarantees. I am reading everything though.

And this time I have got a shower thought for you guys instead of my usual memes.

Moon goddess is supposedly the most powerful being in werewolf books. She is considered a god as she decides the fate of each and every werewolf as well as their mates. She decides their stories and how they end up with each other pairs. So, does that mean that moon goddess is actually a personification of the writers themselves?

This has been nagging me for some time now. And it kinda blows my mind a bit. How the writers themselves are involved in the story as a usually non-existent but ultimately very powerful character. ;)

Hope that I have blown your mind too.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

905K 19.7K 31
#303 in werewolf What would you do if your mate rejected? What if her mate through you into a spider pit? What if you did something worse....and acce...
162K 5.2K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...
773 39 19
When you are a werewolf, you care about only three things: The first one is your pack, second one is your family and the third and most important one...
6.9M 190K 37
You know how in every story, the girl gets rejected and tries to make her Alpha mate all jealous with another dude and in the end her and her Alpha m...