Greystone (BTS Fanfic AU)

By nndang

What happens when Kair, a trained assassin, is sent to kill the king? Should be easy right? Other than the fa... More

Rumor says they're bulletproof
I don't trust her.
Can I sleep with you?
A Proposition
It's in her best interest.
Maybe you'll survive
The Perfect Person
You wouldn't want that
An Act of Mercy
NOT AN UPDATE. A/N
Your Majesty
Not Ever
A lot of this and that
It's almost time
He wants me dead.
You're just asking to get killed.
Their Mistake
Stay Here
Yoongi the Princess
I don't kill people.
Horseshoe
Nightmare
Shoe Size
Dangerous
Unless he dies,
That Dumbass
I really li-
Let go
Help
Begin
Go
Deja Vu
The Dal I Know
One Reason
Button Nose

Moonchild

881 55 11
By nndang

Staring dazed at the orange sun slowly retreating behind the lavish green hills in the distance, I waited for RM at the fountain circle. After our short yet irritating conversation, he and Jin left to 'handle some business' and told me to meet them at the water fountain in the town's center at dusk. The soothing whisper of water flooded my ears and, for a brief second, I felt at ease. Maybe I was losing my touch.

The circle was filled with villagers rushing in and out of shops, probably preparing for dinner and the rest of their night. Dusk created a calming yet vibrant glow that shown on each of the villagers' pleasant faces. It was intoxicating. Watching them wave bye to each other and wander off in different directions with the subtle reassurance of seeing each other the next day captivated me. It was a mundane security that I wanted to invite into my life but couldn't.

"Dal."

"Bout time," I replied without drawing my eyes from the carefree villagers.

I lied and told him some random name that just popped into my mind. Well, maybe not too random. I was used to staring at the moon from wherever my missions had brought me. For some reason, I felt like it was the only thing that kept me sane, despite how crazy my life had gotten.

I mean, if you went from living a luxurious lifestyle to living on the streets as an orphan to somehow being trained as an assassin, then you would need something to keep your humanity in check.

However, RM really surprised me when he told me that my name suited me. He said I reminded him of a 'moonchild'. Whatever that meant.

"Are we leaving now?" I reluctantly got up from my comfortable people-watching position on the fountain's stone rim.

"You are." Reading the stupidly confused look on my face, he continued. "I still have some business to take care of here, so I've asked someone to accompany you to the capital."

Did that mean the king was still here?

I debated whether I should pester him to let me stay with him in town but decided that it would seem incredibly suspicious and would've triggered his internal alarms. Suddenly, a blur of blonde flashed before my eyes and latched onto a very unfazed RM.

"Here he is now," RM stated, pointing to the man that was clinging tightly onto his back.

Playfully curious eyes popped out from under a mess of blondish white hair. Once they met mine, his eyes turned into small rainbows on his soft, pale face.

"I'm Jimin. Nice to meet you." His voice had a delicate, lighthearted feel to it.

"I'm Dal. Nice to meet you." I subconsciously bowed.

He let out a small, infectious laugh that complemented his soft appearance. "No need to be so formal. We're friends."

"Friends?" I knew I didn't have much experience in the friendship realm of things, but heck I barely just met the guy.

Viciously nodding his head, he replied, "RM's friends are my friends."

I raised my eyebrow at RM, who gave a casual shrug. Finally pouncing off RM's back, Jimin approached me. I felt his eyes take me in, but I couldn't blame him because I did the same. First impressions were crucial, after all.

Boyish charm and charisma oozed from him. For some inexplicable reason, I felt welcomed, despite our sudden meeting. The warmth and joy emanating from him enticed me to open up to him, though I knew I never would. But, hey, the lure was still there. I wondered what he thought of me, too, as I let his eyes roam my body and slowly rest on my curves. He subtly bit his rosy lips, darkened his eyes, and ran his fingers through his hair before quickly replacing it with his elated expression.

"I look forward to getting to know you," he sang, grabbing my extremely heavy bag.

Good luck with that.

--

The walk to the capital was long. Very long. But I guess Jimin's presence made it more bearable than it would've been.

He felt obligated to talk the majority of the time because I was quiet and not feeling sociable. Usually, that would've ignored the heck out of me because no talk is better than small talk, but he had an undeniably lovable personality that probably made it impossible for anyone to hate him.

Plus, it was interesting to learn a variety of trivial quirks about him. His favorite colors were light blue and black. I found out he was extremely empathetic because he cried when I told him a lie about how my dog died. He was also extremely considerate, and during our 18-hour journey, he constantly asked if he was walking too fast or if I wanted a break or if I wanted him to carry me. All of which, I lied and denied.

Apparently, the words 'short' and 'small' were his trigger words due to one of his friends but he wouldn't say who.

However, every time I mentioned his family or his past, he would subtly change the subject. Of course, we weren't that close yet, but I had to try.

And he had the kind of laugh that could light up the darkest nights and soften the hardest hearts.

Who knows what I'll do with this information, but it was still nice to have a friendly conversation with someone without constantly plotting how to kill them.

Based on my own observations, I discovered that Jimin had a duality to him. A special kind of duality that made you want him to cuddle with you one minute and then rip your shirt off and toss you in bed the next.

Or, that could've just been me.

We reached the Greystone wall by midday the next day; thanks to the constant traveling and only necessary stops. I took time to take in the wall. I knew it was already too late to turn back by now (not that I would've in any case), but the cold wall had an intimidating feel to it. One that would make any one shake and tremble.

But I wasn't just anyone.

"Dal?" Jimin's voice broke through my trance.

I nodded and walked with him towards the outer metal gates that protected the castle and the nobles' secrets.

He pulled out the silver chain around his neck to show the slightly frightened guards. "She's with me."

The guards tossed hesitant glances at me.

"Is there a problem?" The soft high voice that I grew accustomed to in the past day was suddenly laced with authority and dominance.

"No, Sir Jimin. Welcome back," one of the guards finally spoke up and pulled the heavy gates open for us.

Once inside, I heard the gates clash as it returned to its resting position.

The black and grey castle was anything but welcoming. It was gorgeous, no doubt, but it was a dark beauty, a cold one. The castle had two rectangular towers on the west and east ends and a solid rectangular base in between them. Minimal windows reflected the king's paranoia. The castle grounds were filled with yellow-brown grass and loose vegetation with one solid stone pathway that led directly to the castle's aged wooden doors.

In a moment of quick realization, everything became real to me. My mission was within reach, yet a strange uneasiness settled in my gut. Maybe it was just the years of constant worrying that were finally catching up to me, a sort of PTSD.

"Jimin!" An oddly familiar voice piped.

I turned my head to the right and shielded my eyes from the blaring sun caressing the figure that was prancing towards us. As he approached, I instantly recognized the burning red hair, trustworthy eyes, and sun-kissed skin.

He shot me a funny, doubtful gaze and looked at Jimin for answers to his unasked question.

"What is she doing here?" A cold voice bellowed behind me.

"You know her?" The red head inquired curiously.

"Yoongi, Hoseok. RM chose her," Jimin declared while shooting the other two men a knowing look. "...himself."

Whatever that meant.

---

[A/N]

Yay! Christmas update~

Sorry if this chapter was a bit on the dull side. I really needed a transition chapter from Kair's (Dal's) village/ outside life to her castle one. I hope y'all still enjoy and have a wonderful holidays with everyone/thing you love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 38.2K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
330K 9.9K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
614K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
248K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...