Bitten But Alive (The Walking...

By chibicandimei

When it all began, you,being one of the best soldiers,helped get as many people as you could out of multiple... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68

22

14.8K 436 81
By chibicandimei

New Plans & New Problems : Part 1

~~~

( Your POV )

~~

Well gee,that's a first,I felt myself smirk underneath my mask as I stared at everyone who seemed to be doing something of importance,this is the first time I have never been shot or aimed at.Only for a few moments I noticed Shane look up in his questionably curosity,possibly sensing my presense,and he met my eyes.He just stared,his eyes unblinking before he turned away to continue with his miscellaneous task,Strange man.I went back to my previous thoughts as I headed towards them,I know I shouldn't get used to not being aimed at as a walker but I kinda like it.I laughed silently as I noticed two semi familiar heads continuously looking over at me,one of them I recognized as Glenn so I sent him a slight wave.Not even a second later I noticed a smile stretch across his face as he waved back,cute.

I was still far from their spots but not even half way across the land I began to smell open flesh,with this I stopped my footsteps and began to sniff the air.

Ive always wondered if I look like a dog when I do this?

Maybe just a bit.

I closed my eyes and angled my nose up towards the sky for a better chance of tracing the smell,my brows furrowed as the scent began to become faint.What the hell?

I opened my eyes to search the area for any sign of a walker,but there was truly none,there was also no where for one to hide.Unless,my eyes slowly circled the farm seeing the different small barn structures,could there possibly be one hidden there?

I changed my direction and began to make my way to the structure,it was quite aways from my current position but it didnt take a trained eye to see that the front of the barn was locked.Why would the family have it locked,even if there were walkers in there why wouldnt they just ,kill them?

Maybe - "Hey Y/N!"

I turned around to see Glenn waving me over,this got Ricks attention and he suddenly pointed at me while speaking to Maggie and Hershel.He better not be telling them that I'll help them with something.I shuttered as I remembered the blonde woman trying to get me to do maiden work as well as forcing me to wear that frilly apron,I aint helping that household.

"I'll have to explore later then,"I muttered to myself as I began to jog over to them,with my hurried pace I made it across the field and to the group in no time.So close, I thought as I felt a hand grip onto mine pulling me back before I reached Glenns crouched form.

I recognize this hand,I sighed before turning my head to the side to see Shane avoiding eye contact,his hand didn't let go though."What do you want?"

His fingers seemed to twitch at my annoyed tone before tightening around my hand,"Where the hell were you huh?"

I let out a sarcastic laugh that caused him to turn and look at me,his eyes met my glaring ones,"See,that right there is none of your buisiness."

"Why were you heading over there,"I was confused until he used his head to point in the direction of the locked barn.

Instead of twisting the top portion of my body to face the barn I turned around completely,this thankfully made Shane release his hold on me."I-,"I paused questioning if I should tell him my thoughts,in the end I decided there was nothing worse that could happen between us."I dont trust it."

With that I twisted around and began make my way to Glenn and a nervous looking Carol,I now wonder if Shane will take what I just stated to heart? I looked back at him for a second to see him glaring at the barn,the dumb ass better not cause any trouble,or I'll personally kick his ass.

( Shane POV )

I was on my way out of the RV with a bag set for travel to find Sophia when Lori just happened to be heading straight into the RV,we basically crashed into each other outside the door.We both shared a smile and just stared,no words were exchanged at first.I might as well say something.

"I hear he-" I cleared my throat before continuing,"I hear he woke up,"I said as we continued to stand at an even distance apart from each other,I looked down at my feet not expecting a response.I had been prepared to leave the group,all I needed was the right moment to leave.

At my mention of Carl a smile came up onto her beautiful face,"Y-Yeah,he's in and out but yeah,"she ended with the brightest smile I had seen on her in the past days,Carls near death really seemed to take a toll on her huh? "He'll be alright."

We both awkwardly laughed as our eye met but as soon as they did I looked back down to the floor,I sighed before looking back up at her with a smile,"That's good,I'm glad Carls alright."

With that we both nodded at each other before I walked passed her,but my mind was still focused on what she had said to me not too long ago,so before she could enter the RV I stopped my footsteps and looked back at her,"Did you mean it?"

She stopped and turned to look at me,her arm resting against the side of the door,"What?"

I continuously flickered my eyes to the side as I addressed her obvious confusion,could she have forgotten so easily? "You said to stay....Did you mean it?" Her face suddenly changed,possibly cause she remembered,"Look,if you didn't just say so.But do it now,I need to know."

I expected her to think about,give a few moments of silence before giving me her final answer but instead she made a small change in her face before saying,"I meant it."

I stayed quiet for a few seconds,"All right then,"with that I turned around and walked away,this time without looking back,I kept my eye forward and at a good time as I noticed Y/N staring off somewhere,what the hell is wrong with her? I was going to gladly ignore her when she suddenly began to walk in the direction she was staring,curiosity got the best of me though as I attempted to trail what she was staring at but all I saw was a barn? Strange girl.

"I'll have to question where she ran off to."

(Your POV )

"Hey Glenn,anything super important that I missed?" He looked up at me with his dorky yet cute smile and shook his head no,"That's good to know." I then crouched down next to him to observe what he was doing,I never really found a need to set up tents,or to even have warm clothing or blankets for the night,but then again,humans have those necessities.Not people like me."Want some help?"

He gave me another smile before pointing with his head to the other side of the tent,I gladly stood up and walked over to that side,before I could physically help with anything though I noticed a set of feet suddenly make their way in between me and Glenn.Looking up I realized it was Maggie,and then I remembered seeing Rick point at me before,what did he agree me to this time?

Both Glenn and I stood up straight once we noticed her,she addressed him first,"I hear you're fast on your feet and know how to get in an out,"she then turned her focus to me,a more trusting look in her eyes,not complete trust but this is well enough honestly."An I hear you are the best to have around when danger appears."

I lightly cocked my head to the side as she focused her attention back onto Glenn,"I got a pharmacy run in town,you in?"

"Uhh-" Glenn didn't get to finish or answer in his awkwardness as suddenly Dale come up to Maggie addressing her as 'Miss' sense he hadn't met her yet,"Miss? What's the water situation here?"

Maggie instantly ignored Glenn and I's presence as she placed her full focus onto Dale,Glenn watched her in confusion,"We got five wells on our land,the house draws directly from number one.But number two well is right over there,"she stated as she pointed straight ahead at a small structure I hadn't even noticed until now."We use it for the cattle but it's just as pure,take what you need.Theirs a cart with containers in the generators shed behind the house,"having finished with her answer to Dale she suddenly looked at Glenn and I with a monotone face,"I'll go saddle up your horses then."

With that she walked away,no hesitation in her voice no matter who she's talking to,sad to say I find it a tad intriguing,"It has been too long since I last rode a horse,"I said loud enough for T-Dogg who was behind me,Dale and Glenn to hear.

"Wait wait,"I raised my eyebrow as I noticed Glenn's rather adorable confusion,"Did she say horse?"

I sighed as I lightly slapped the back of his head,"Yes,Glenn,she said horse." I laughed internally at his slightly horrified face,he must have never been on a horse,not even once before all this."Don't worry Glenn,it's really not as bad as people trick others to be."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded monotony before turning around and snickering as a thought crossed my had,"Well,at least minus the smell."

He groaned loudly at my words,it is true though,for me that was the worst part,god I still remember the first time I stepped into the stables I almost threw up cause of the smell.I shrugged before going back to my previous spot on the tent,"Come on Glenn,sulk later,we need to at least help set up one before leaving."

MERRY CHRISTMASSSSSSSS!!!!!!

And NO,this isn't a christmas special,this is literally the upload I should have put up a week ago but I didn't cause I'm a procrastinator,their no way to defend that at this point.

Anyway,tomorrow(or today,technically) I am uploading a Christmas Special,Imma stay up all night just to get it done so you better fucking like it XD I'm joking I'm joking

I hope you love it,but I doubt it.

CKS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 2.1K 95
𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃...
23.9K 1.3K 80
After the world fell apart there was only one thing left to do for Alden; survive. He'd never imagined to be responsible for someone else their life...
5.1K 223 12
𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒' birthday when the world changed...and she changed along with it.
38.9K 613 32
(A NEWER, BETTER, UPDATED AND CONTINUED VERSION IS CURRENTLY BEING UPLOADED. CHECK OUT THE BOOK OF THE SAME TITLE ON MY ACCOUNT FOR A BETTER VERSION...