Lost in Wanderlust

By boot_books

{ Highest Ranking #35 in Humour } 1st Place Winner - The Blueberry Awards || 2nd Place Winner - The Hidden Ge... More

1. The Packing
2. Pillow Fight
3. The Beginning
4. The Hilarious Incident
5. The Flight Scenes
6. The First Day
7. The Safari
8. Panorama Route
9. Piece of POOPSHIT
10. Just Bonfire Stuffs
11. Are You On Stupid Pills?
12. To be 'Lost In Wanderlust'
13. You're a POTTERHEAD!!!
A/N
14. Eavesdropping is a bad habit!
15. Are you like checking me out?
A/N : BAD NEWS
16. Almost Dead
17. "We've Planned Something"
Tagged
18. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 1
19. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 2
20. Spooky Enough
21. The Creepy Cowshed
22. The Escape
24. A Peak Into The Past
25. "We're Going Home!"
26. Parting Ways
27 - The Final Route

23. Always Bounce Back

68 11 13
By boot_books

Mom always used to tell me that eventually everything will be fine. It doesn't matter even if you're going deeper and deeper in your problem, you'll always bounce back. We all see those motivational quotes on Instagram nowadays and save it for the rest of our life and never really use it.

I've grown up listening to all these sayings but never implemented them in my real life. I never felt the need to. My life has always been as normal as it can possibly be. I never thought these sayings would work in real life. These quotes and ideas don't work in real life. But today, life has taught me that it's necessary to implement it in your real life. It always does help.

***
2 hours ago

Seeing those men in front of my eyes left me with my tongue tied. Fear lit in my eyes, my whole body shivering. This is the worst that could ever happen to me. I saw my friend's faces and they all looked like they've lost hope.

Seeing Jennifer and Aria like this, a rage emerged in my soul. I cannot lose my best friends at any cost. I will do anything that could help us. I don't want them to lose their amazing life. I am not giving up on this so easily. Not yet.

I looked around carefully to find a way to get ourselves out of this mess. While my eyes were searching around, I saw that there was fence in the backyard, but that fence was not so high and if we somehow manage to get the men distracted, we can climb up the fence and save ourselves. I just had one problem which was the biggest concern. One of us would have to hold on these men while the others escape. I couldn't take any risk. There was no other way. I thought this was our only chance when we are not tied up and the men were talking among themselves.

I looked at Jake, "Listen to me very carefully. They don't understand English..." And so I explained my plan to Jake.

"Are you insane? We cannot pull this off Sofia!"

"Jake please. These is the only option we have. We have to take this risk!"

"But who will stay here while others run away? At no cost I'm letting any of you girls stay here."

"I'll stay." We heard Zac.

"What? No. You are not doing this Zac. I am staying. You all go ahead." Caleb immediately interrupted.

"Shut up both of you. I am staying." Jake said asking both Zac and Caleb to run away with us.

"Jake listen up. Girls will need your help. I'll stay here. I know how to tackle them okay? So please just go along with them." Hearing this from Zac, my respect for him grew a lot more.

We all agreed with this and prepared ourselves for the run.

"I'll stay here with Zac."

"What? Jen, are you crazy? You cannot stay here please." She has gone insane. "Listen Jen, we all care about Zac and we will come back for him. Okay?"

Jen nod her head positively and I let out a deep sigh. We decided to run one by one carefully without getting noticed by the men. We all came closer and formed a group with the boys blocking the way for them to see us girls. Aria was the first one to tiptoe towards the backyard and climb over the fence.

Next it was Jen, "Zac, I'm waiting for you. Promise me you'll come back." I saw tears sliding down Jen's cheek.

"Jen, I promise I'll come back."

And then, Jennifer followed Aria and crossed the fence. It was my turn next. I felt really guilty. I felt I shouldn't have thought of this plan. I couldn't see Zac risking his life for us. I was looking at Zac with teary eyes when I heard Jake's voice, "Sofia, go. Now." And I slowly made my way towards the fence and joined Jennifer and Ariana. We moved towards the direction in which we were supposed to run.

We ducked and kept our eyes on the boys. We waited for a few minutes but none of the boys moved. "Why are they moving out?" What the hell were they doing?

****
Jake's POV

"Guys, go towards the fence!" Zac said.

Caleb and I looked at each other and smiled. "You fool, you really think we'll leave you alone here?" I wasn't going to leave my best friend here in danger and flee away like a coward. We just pretended so that the girls can be safe. We guys don't need to speak in order to convey something. Words are not necessary for us. We can talk with our eyes!

"You guys!" Zac nodded his head.

"So, what's your plan to escape Caleb?" I asked.

"Umm what about we make a run and take up a fight?"

"Sounds like a plan!" I smiled.

We always just do random things. We never plan. Because as they say, 'Not having a plan let's you exceed your limits.'

"Ready?"

"Let's show these bitches who we are!" Zac smirked.

"Run!" With this, we made a run towards the fence and by this time, the men noticed us and chased behind us. As we reached the fence, Zac and I made a huge jump and crosses the fence. I turned back to see Caleb and he was still struggling with the fence. "Dude, what are you doing? Just jump over!"

"You think I'm doing this voluntarily? My leg is stuck between this fucking fence!" Caleb answered.

I saw the men coming closer but when they were merely 5 feet away. They were showered with stones. I followed the direction in which the stones were being thrown from and it was the GIRLS!

We took this opportunity and freed Caleb's leg and quickly made a run towards the girls. "Come on come on, run!" The men were still behind us. We kept running deep in the forest and hid behind a tree trunk. 

"Are they gone?"

"I guess Sofia." I answered.

"I just wanna get out of this place!" Jen cried.

After a few minutes when we were sure that the men were not following us, we made our way towards the hotel. Luckily Caleb had network in his phone and we knew that we were going in the right direction. Just when we were heading downwards, we saw a car going downwards. The man driving the car asked, "Want a lift?"

And those words sounded like the sweetest sound ever. At that time, he was like a God to us who have come to rescue us. I know it sounds cheesy but trust me at that point of time when we were all drained, it was not less than a strip club to us. Uh, well at least to us boys!

Surprisingly all of us were quiet in the car. None of us uttered a word. Honestly, I know it's my fault. I know it's because of my ego that we landed in such a huge danger. But I did everything I could to compensate for my mistake and save the girls. I hope, I just really hope the girls would forgive me. I sighed resting my head on the headrest and closing my eyes.

****
Present

Sofia's POV

My mind was racing with thoughts. Everything that has happened in these last 24 hours has left a huge impact on me. I just want to forget this ever happened but I don't want to forget what it has taught me. Together we can overcome any misery.

Jen and Aria were sitting beside me with me in the middle. They were as quite as I was. I held both of their hands and smiled. They both smiled back and rested their heads on my shoulders. I hope everything will be fine now.

***

A/N
Hey guys, here's another exciting chapter. I dedicate this chapter to eve_j_agirl Thank you for your immense support!

Question of the day,
Do you think everything will be fine now with them?

Lastly, I wish all of you my lovely readers a very happy and prosperous new year!

Don't forget to read, vote, comment and share this story.

Lots of love,
Boot_Books

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 3.5K 47
***Complete***Book 3 in a series involving the same group of friends** Andrew Miller had a difficult upbringing and as a result his friends are his f...
7.5K 479 28
Matilda Brown has never seen the world outside of the walls. Her community is relatively small, at least compared to the outside world, and yet she's...
136K 10.6K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
238K 13.9K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...