He was right

By zeal136

Step into Hazel Justice's zany life. She has got the looks and the brains. She's funny and childlike but seri... More

Before you begin....
Welcome to Hazel-town!
Immature? Me? Puh-leeze!
Oh boy!
Once upon a stranger
Chasey! Chase! Chase!
You don't mess with me!
This means war!
Spin the bottle
There goes my Sunday!
We, the chatty girls!
The gift hunt
Déjà vu!
Burned, bitch! Burned!
Follow me, slave!
Of neon monkeys, leprechauns and minty kiss
I did WHAT?!
Stupid questions
Tit for tat
Hey
Quack! Quack!
I'm sexy and I know it!
The crash
The angel vs dumbasses
Hot and cold Tyler
Naked singing beauty
His girl
Oppa Gangnam Style!
BAZINGA!
Cat fight...sorta!
Tyler Tyler everywhere!
Meet the Justice League
My sugar bunny....huh!
Mother effing heels!
Don't cha?
Playing Cupid
That four-letter word
Finally found one!
Lights! Camera! DRAAAAAAAMAAA!!
Yo!
Drip! Drip!
Crybaby
Tagged his
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
I might just poison him!
He was right
SEQUEL
Look who's back!!!!!!!!
Epilogue

Chocolate flavored kiss

38.1K 1.5K 562
By zeal136

It was Friday and time was running out fast. I was tired and confused as hell.

Damn it! What do I watch on TV??

I was surfing through the channels and looking for something interesting. Just then Keeping up with the Kardashians flashed on the screen.

“What do you think she’d like to have?” Tyler asked me as he took the seat next to me on my couch. We had come straight to my place after school and were taking some time off to relax. “I mean you must know if she wants something,” he said and looked up at me expectedly.

Okay so let’s play ‘What did I do next?’ Your options are:

a) Launched myself at Tyler and started cuddling him to death!

b) Looked at him with wild eyes and smacked him right on his left eye.

c) I stood up and left.

Ting! Ting! Ting! Ting!

You’re absolutely……WRONG!

Booooooo!!

I changed the channel!

I said I was looking for something interesting and not something unrealistic and absurd!

“Uhhh…” I thought about it for a good minute. What could she possibly want? Even I needed to get her something! “I don’t know!” I shrugged. “Maybe we should ask her?”

“Yeah, that’s right! We’ll walk up to her and ask ‘Ash what do you want for your birthday? You see, we’re planning to throw you a surprise birthday bash!......Oops! SURPRISE!!’” I looked at me with a straight face after he tried, and might I add, terribly failed at doing an impression of me.

To be me, you gotta have sarcasm dissolved in the blood running through your veins and the fine quality voice box. And I DON’T HAVE A GLASS-CRACKING SHRILL VOICE!! Don’t listen to Derek! He’s just jealous!

I rolled my eyes and asked, “Do you have any ideas?”

“How ‘bout we send her for a trip to Paris?” he asked and looked at me as if he was expecting me to pat his back and reward him with a cookie!!

Dude, you’re funny!

I snorted and said, “As far as I know, your father’s name is Adam Knight. I’m sorry if I’m wrong but you sound like it’s BILL GATES!!” See? The sarcasm? It’s present in every atom of my body….along with pink glitter!!

His broad smile wavered. “Don’t let your mouth write checks that your ass can’t cash!!” With that I finished my master piece!! BANG! What a dialogue!!

This time it was his turn to roll his eyes. He shrugged and said, “I don’t know. What do you think? Shampoos? Conditioner? Some scented soaps? A perfume? Oh wait….how about a foot scrub?”

“Really, Tyler? That’s all you could think of? You’re gonna gift her toiletries??” He was impossible!! I had not come up with anything from myself and here I had to think of something from him too.

There was so much burden on this innocent soul! Poor me!

“I know I suck at all this! I know I can’t just gift her chocolates. I mean, come on! It should be something nic- HEY how ‘bout a pet? A cat? A dog? A mouse?.....An alligator?” he asked with the same enthusiastic expression as before.

“Alligator- NO! But a cat or a dog, YEA…” Hmm….a pet? “……NOOOOOOOO! “ I shook my head. “I don’t think she’d like that! Pft!”

She’d LOVE that!! I finally found something!! YAYYYYYY!!! Thanks Tyler.

 Hehehehehehehehe……

“Think of something-“

“YOU’VE GOT A PHONE CALL FROM YOUR BEST FRIEND! RING! RING! RING! YOU’VE GOT A PHONE...." My phone started ringing and I didn’t even have to look at the caller ID to see who it was.

“Damn it! It’s Ash!”

“Pick it up!” Tyler said in a hurry.

“Heyyyyyyy Ashley!!” I said nervously and laughed.

“What’s cooking, Hazel?”

“Huh?”

“What’s happening? You all are hiding something!!”

Trapped!

Trapped like rats!

“Whaaaaaaaaat? Noooooooooo! Pssshhh!” I said and giggled again. I looked at Tyler with a tensed expression. I didn’t want to spill anything!!

“Oh really?”

“Uh huh!” I replied instantly.

“Then what were you doing with Tyler all day, huh?”

Trapped!

Trapped like more rats!

“What was I doing with Tyler?” I wiggled my eyebrows and looked at him. He drew his palms together and I narrowed my eyes as I tried to figure it out. When, I guess, I finally did, I said, “We were…studying?” I looked at him for approval and he sniggered and nodded.

“Oh really? “

“YEAH!”

“Hazel, tell me what’s going on or else….or else I swear I won’t talk to you. Derek is acting strangely as well. What’s wrong??” she asked again.

Always the best at nagging!

I sighed and said, “Fine!” Tyler looked bewildered and poked me and mouthed ‘WHAT THE HELL?’ I clicked my tongue and slapped him. Does he think I’m THAT crazy?

Maybe I am! But well…

“Derek….he wants to break up with you,” I said in a sad tone but smirked at Tyler. His expression changed and he looked like an amused monkey as he gaped at me with disbelief and mouthed ‘BITCH!’ That earned him another slap but he started laughing and so did.

“What?” she hardly whispered.

“Bitch, relax! I’m kidding! OH SHIT! Norah just fell into the toilet again!!!”

“Hazel! Haze-”

“Bye! Bye! Bye!” I said and cut the call and started laughing with Tyler. “Now she won’t disturb us for a while!”

***

The next afternoon I was sitting on the porch stairs of my house with my new friend. He was so soft and so so cuddly. And the way he was wiggling when I was tickling his belly……AWWWWIIIIIII!! HE’S SO CUTE!!

But don’t go on his looks. You see, looks can be deceptive!!

“Mr. Kat say purrrrrrrr!” I said and tickled him once again.

But all I got was a simple “Pur!

He was lazy as hell!!

“Mr. Kat SAY PURRRRRRR!! Roll your Rs kitty-“ He growled a little. I gulped and said, “I mean Mr. Kat. That hurt your ego, huh? That hurt my baby’s ego, huh?” I said in a baby voice and tickled him again. “NOW SAY PURRRRR…..ROLL YOUR Rs….purrrr….rrrrrrr!!!”

He looked at me with the same bored and lazy expression. “Pur!

“SAY PURRRRRR OR NO FISH FOR A WEEK!!” I growled.

Purrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Hmmm…..he’s smart!

And yes!

Hmmm…..he’s a foodie!!

I have found the perfect gift for Ashley!! She’s gonna love me the most!! She’s sooooo gonna love Mr. Kat as well. She-

“Hazel!” I heard my name coming from a distance.

Oh fuck! Tyler!

I looked at Mr. Kat and said, “HIDE!” and pushed him behind me and covered him with my blouse. Ooohuuu!! His fur was tickling me. “Don’t move now!”

Tyler is gonna kill me for stealing his idea! I just know it!!

“Here you are! See what I got her!!” he said and held out a bag for me. He was very confident. Hmm….what could it be?

I opened the bag and took out a small box out of it. I was in a hurry cuz Mr. Kat was scratching me. I opened it and saw a charm bracelet. “Wow! Tyler, it’s really pretty!!” His smile widened and he started nodding his head. It was actually quite beautiful but we all knew she was gonna love Mr. Kat the most.

Ouch! Mr. Kat scratched me again!

“I know, right? Caroline helpe-“

I stood up and blocked Mr. Kat behind my legs. “Yeah, well, YOU NEED TO GO!” I said and started pushing Tyler away.

“What? Why?”

“I’ll call you. Just goooooo!!” I said hurriedly.

“O…kay,” he said. I knew he was confused but I could not let him stand there for any longer.

He had his back to me now and was just about to turn towards his house when…..

Meooowwww!!

Fuck!

Tyler stopped dead in his track and turned around with his eyebrows knitted together. “What are you doing?” he asked and grimaced.

I had my hand hanging down by my wrist loosely and I was licking the back of it. “Meeeow! Meoow! Hehehe!” I said. “I’m a cat! See?” I licked my hand again.

He kept staring at me like I was crazy. Doesn’t he know I’m the Catwoman?!

“Are you sure you’re alright?” he asked skeptically and ran a hand through his hair. “You don-“

“I’M FINE! GEEZ TY-“

Meeeoww!!

Fuc- oh screw it! I’m busted!

“YOU LIAR!! YOU…YOU….THAT WAS MY IDEA, HAZEL!!”

“WHOAAAAAAAAA! What are you talking about?” I said and acted all goody-goody and innocent. Mr. Kat was clinging to my leg and was rubbing his face slowly on my leg.

Perk of having silky smooth skin!

“YOU BOUGHT HER A CAT? A PET? When I asked you, you said she wouldn’t like that!”

“THIS IS RIDICULOUS! LIAR! LIAR! YOUR ASS ON FIRE!” I said and pointed at him like I was reprimanding a kid.

There! I see the smoke!

But probably that’s coming from my ass!

Meeeoow!

“OH, WILL YOU SHUT UP!” Tyler boomed at Mr. Kat but instead of launching at him like a tiger, he just ran away over the fence! That lazy prick! That coward!

“MR. KAT!!” I called after him and started running after him. He couldn’t run away! Not before Ashley sees him and he scratches Tyler!

“HAZEL, WAIT!! I’m coming!” Tyler called and started following me.

We ran across the street and looked in every nook and corner of the whole block!! But we just couldn’t find him! “Hey kitty!” Tyler called out loud.

“HIS NAME IS NOT KITTY! HIS NAME IS MR. KAT. Cat with a K! Now, FIND him!” We looked around for like another hour or so and when we could see no progress, we came back home. I was really dejected and angry.

“You scared him away! How could you do that! YOU ASSHOLE!”

“ONE DOLLAR IN THE CURSE JAR!” came a voice from inside my house. Damn! Mum was home!

“How could you! He was just a harmless little cat! YOU CRAZY PIECE OF SHIT!”

“ONE DOLLAR IN THE CURSE JAR!” I winced as I heard her command once again.

“Hey! Stop saying like it’s my fault! I didn’t know he would run away!” he said and raised his hands in defense.

“How will we find him now? What the fuc-“ I grimaced as I realized what I had spoken and waited for her call again.

But she didn’t.

“What the fuck?” I tried once again.

Nothing!

“What the fuc-“

“THREE DOLLARS IN THE CURSE JAR!” Oh, great!

“Shit!” I winced again.

“MAKE IT FOUR!”

“FINE,” I said dejectedly.

She is just so clever! There are parents who are just mean….and then there are parents who are super cool. My parents lie in neither of the categories. They have their own unique one: Hazel’s parents!

It’s not easy raising a kid like me!

I pointed at Tyler’s pocket. “What?” he asked with his eyebrows arched.

“Didn’t you hear her? You owe me all those dollars!” I said and took out his wallet from his pocket.

“Hazel!”

I raised my hand to silence him and took out all the bills that were inside and handed them to him. Only a few cents were left inside. “Here,” I handed him the wallet and took the bills from his hand.

“Hey!” he said and tried to snatch them from my grip. But I moved my hand away.

“I’m gonna need all these if I have to work with you for the whole day,” I said and turned to go inside.

He snorted and said, “Take this too then!” I turned back to look at him. He was holding his wallet in the air.

“Nah! Keep the change, you filthy animal!” I said and chuckled.

“HAZEL, WHY IS THIS KITTY SIITING ON MY SOFA AND WATCHING THE KARDASHIANS?!” mom yelled from inside. My eyes brightened and I looked at Tyler. He was beaming too.

“His name is not Kitty, Mrs. Justice! His name is Mr. Kat! Cat with a K!” Tyler shouted back and looked at me with a cheesy grin.

Yaaaaay!! Ash is gonna love me!!

***

“Invites?”

“Sent!”

“Food?”

“Ordered!”

In the evening I and Tyler were busy seeing if everything was done. We were almost done. We had done everything that was on our to-do list.

“DJ?”

“Done!”

“Drinks?”

“Check!”

“Cake?”

“Uhh…cake?” he asked and looked at me. I looked back at him and our eyes widened.

“WE FORGOT THE CAKE!!” we chorused and looked at each other like it was finally the apocalypse.

“HOW COULD WE FORGET THE CAKE?” he asked and banged his hand on the kitchen counter.

“WE’RE SCREWED! WHERE WILL WE GET THAT BIG OF A CAKE FROM, BEFORE THE PARTY!!” I said and started pacing in my kitchen. I expected some kind of a response from Tyler but when I didn’t get any, I looked at him and found him to be in deep thought. “You think you can do anything?”

He looked at me and pursed his lips into a thin line. “I can bake,” he said and shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, “Tyler this is not a time to joke!”

“No, really! I can bake. You can ask Caroline. She says I’m pretty good at it!”

I looked at him and shook my head. “I don’t know!”

“I’ll make one and you try it, okay?”

“Sounds like a plan!” I said with fake enthusiasm and clapped my hands. “I want chocolate truffle!”

“Alright!”

“But please don’t burn my place down!”

We gathered all the ingredients and got to work. He made the batter while I pre-heated the oven. He finally set the batter in the tray and put it in the oven and after a ting, he removed it from there and we were ready for the tasting. He cut a neat slice for me and put it on a plate. I looked at it and then at him apprehensively and poked the piece of cake with my fork.

Hmm….

It was neither over-cooked nor under-cooked. It looked mouth watering and the smell was amazing too. I cut a small portion and after blowing at it once I put it in my mouth.

Mmmmm……yummmmm!! It was so tasty!! It just melted into my mouth and left a sweet taste behind. It was spongy and fresh and it was so much better than what they had got for my birthday last year. My eyes were closed as I was savoring the taste.

I opened them and looked at Tyler who was looking at me as if I were Gordon Ramsay!

“It’s okay. It’ll work,” I said and looked at him.

He smiled broadly and said, “You love it!”

“I didn’t say that!” I said and shook my head.

“I know you do!”

“Okay fine! It’s amazing! Can I have more?” I said and launched at the plate still in his hand.

“Sure!”

After that he started baking more cakes. The size of the baking tray was not that big so we were doing many small cakes, as many as we could manage from the quantity of ingredients we had. He would bake and I would wait for them to cool down and then do the frosting. We had been working for around three hours when the ingredients were finally exhausted but we were still short of cakes. Tyler wiped his hands on his jeans and came towards me. I was frosting a cake on the kitchen island.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m riding a horse! Can’t you see? I’m working on a fabulous cake here!” I said and nodded towards the cake.

“Don’t do it this way!” he said and brought his arms around me from behind while holding my hand, the one with the frosting tube, and started moving them the way he wanted.

“No! I’ve been working just fine and Tyler YOU’RE SPOILING IT! STOP!” I shouted and tried to free my hand. I was thrashing my hand so that he let go but he didn’t.

“Nobody wants to have all frosting and no cake!” he said and kept moving my hand. “This way you’re wasting the frosting too!”

“No, I’m not!”

“Yes, you are!” I thrashed my hand once again but….

I gasped as our hands squished the cake. He removed his arms immediately from around me and stepped back. My mouth fell agape and I was staring at him angrily.

“TYLER! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?” I yelled at the top of my lungs and started hitting him on his chest. “You idiot! We are already two cakes short! And now this!!” I kept hitting him until he had his back pressed to the opposite counter. I raised my hands again to hit him but this time he stopped me and grabbed my wrists. I gawked at him as he smirked at me.

For a moment his hold loosened and I tried to hit him again but I noticed his blue eyes darken as he pushed me backwards, causing my back to crash into the kitchen island. I looked at him nervously and found him staring deep into my eyes. He was standing just a few inches from me. “Ty-“

But before I could say any further, he cupped my face and crashed his lips onto mine.

I was appalled and feeling completely out of my wits. I didn’t even dare to move. I felt him smiling through the kiss as he pulled away to look at me. I sucked in a sharp breath and looked at him. It all happened so fast that it was still a bit hard for me to believe. His smile wavered and changed. He was still smiling but this was not just a smile….it was so much more. It was a mix of mischief and….want.

His gaze fell on my lips again. And as mine dropped on his, he weaved his hands through my hair and pulled me closer as he once again captured my mouth with his. This time it triggered every nerve inside me. A shock bolted through my body as his lips moved on mine.

He moved his hands to my waist and lifted me up and put me on the counter and as he pushed himself on me while he pushed me further, the empty bowls fell off the counter but neither of us stopped. My traitorous body moved in response to his every action. I intertwined my fingers in his hair and lost control over myself. He slid his tongue inside my mouth and our tongues fought for dominance.

He felt warm. He smelled great. He tasted like….chocolate; like chocolate was dripping down his lips. I wanted more and more. And I didn't want this to stop.

“HEY GUYS! YOU’RE DO- Oh!” Our heads snapped in Derek’s direction. “I’ll come later!” he said and walked out.

I immediately looked at Tyler and jumped off the counter. We breathed heavily for a while and avoided each other’s eyes. “I’m sorry. See you tomorrow, “ I said and ran to the stairway and straight into my room.

What just happened?

________________________________

A/N: Hehehehehehe.....I like messing with their heads ;)

This chapter was not planned...it's just a reward for you all as HWR now has 1000 plus votes and over 7000 reads!!!!!! :D :D

Now, COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU WANT SUCH CHOCOLATE FLAVORED KISSES MORE!! ;)

- Aastha <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 4.7K 41
What happens when you put two senior students of the opposite sex alone together in a house? Nothing. Especially when Kristel Merrick and Tyler Kins...
215K 13.1K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
13.2K 1.4K 34
~~~~~ One thing that most definitely hasn't changed is the power of those bright hazel eyes to reduce me to a puddle of mush. And I can't help but th...
17.9K 1.7K 39
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...