Life: Unexpected

By someone_random111

Life. One word. Thousands of meanings. As John Lennon once said, "Life is what happens when you're busy makin... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
IMPORTANT
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29

8

79 4 8
By someone_random111

ASHLEY

It's been a month now. Isaac has taken over the business. I never thought he would, to be honest.

And within another month, I would be known as Mrs. Ashley Kington.

"Barbecue at Sarah's in an hour, darling." my mom informed me, peeping her head into my room.

I nodded and wore my ripped high-waisted jeans, a grey top, and my white Adidas shoes. I put my hair up in a messy bun - which I was very proud of. I grabbed a white small bag to put my basic necessities. Then, I looked at the mirror. Should I put on some makeup..?

I decided to just put some eyeliner because I was already happy with my long eyelashes and some-what clear skin.

"I'm ready!" I called out.

"Great! Let's go!" exclaimed my mom. We drove together in one car.

I can't believe Sarah is going to be my mother-in-law.

This fact literally just hit me now, like one of those weird realizations that hit you in the middle of your shower or in the bathroom. Anyways, we soon arrived at the Kingston's' place. I saw that Jason was in the pool with Hunter. Damn it, I should've brought a swimsuit. Oh well, I'm not really in the mood to swim. I looked around. Where was Isaac?

"Isaac is at his own house. I don't know if he'll make it." said Fred.

Man, was this guy physic?

I shrugged. Why is this bothering me so much? I should be happy he's not here. I spent my whole time with Hunter and Jason. Every time I joined my parents, they brought up the wedding. So, Hunter and Jason were forced to be with me.

They were still in the pool while I was sitting outside. They started splashing water on me. I got up and ran, closing my eyes (BIG MISTAKE). I bumped into something hard. AND NO I KNOW IT'S NOT A FUCKING WALL! IT'S DEFINITELY A HUMAN.

What I didn't expect was the face I saw when I opened my eyes. It was...Isaac? I seriously had thought he wouldn't come. So, why was he here? Anyways, I completely ignored him and went back by the boys.

I saw Isaac walk over to our parents and sit by them. He started engaging in a conversation with them. He looked way more mature ever since he started in the business. It was kind of hot.

"Why aren't you going by your fiance or whatever?" asked Jason.

"Oh my God, dude! I heard them having sex a few weeks ago. I still can't forget it. Ugh. My young and innocent ears..." said Hunter

"No, we didn't..." I didn't know what to say. We didn't have sex.

"Sure, girl. Save us the excuses for later, please." sassed Jace.

I rolled my eyes. I hate explanations. They could believe in whatever they wanted to. I didn't care.

"Oh wait. That makes sense, now!" exclaimed Jason.

"What?" Hunter and I asked in unison.

"The other day, mom was talking about you being pregnant. And she gave this speech on condoms, protection, and birth control. I was like, 'WAZ HAPPENING? SOMEONE SAVE ME!'"

"I'm not pregnant. Gosh, I don't understand if she wants me to be or not. Sarah keeps asking me if I'm pregnant but she gives lectures on protection. It's not like I'm going to pop out babies every goddamn year." I was annoyed and frustrated.

"Okay. This convo is getting a little weird. I'm going to go eat." said Hunter.

They walked by our parents, while I locked myself in the bathroom. No one would notice, anyway. Probably. Hopefully. 

Thank God I had my phone.

I wasted time on my phone and finally decided that it was time to come out before the others get suspicious.

I bumped into someone as soon as I got out. Obviously, Isaac.

"You were in there for a while. You alright? Are you actually pregnant? Because we didn't... and by who?"

"Oh my God." I heaved, going back outside.

He followed right after me. Wasn't he going to use the bathroom?

We sat by our parents.

"Oh! There they are! Come here, guys. We were talking about a short vacation to Turkey before the wedding. Just to cool off a little. How does that sound?"

Ugh! I love Turkey. It's so beautiful! But, I know there's a catch. There's always a catch.

"Sure." responds Isaac.

"Ok, then! We'll arrange the tickets." said my mom.

What? How about my opinion?!

I rolled my eyes and sat down. Isaac put his hands behind my waist. I didn't notice that I sat next to him. I got up and asked Sarah if I could lay down somewhere because I was feeling a little off. She nodded and told me to pick any room. I already knew this house like the back of my hand. I went inside the room that faced the backyard. This way, I could see what people were doing. Even better, if I opened the window, I could even hear what they were saying.

I got up and opened the window. Then, I heard the door click open.

"Seriously, Isaac?" I asked, annoyed.

"Sorry. Wrong person." smirked Hunter.

"OH! Sorry. Haha."

"Yeah, I couldn't see you around. So, I just came to talk like we used to when we were younger."

We soon started talking about childhood memories; ranging from sad, to dramatic, to funny ones. I laughed so hard at one point that I fell on top of him.

And..

On perfect timing, someone slammed open the door.

"What's going on here?" asked a very angry Isaac.

Hunter was still laughing his ass off. I got off of him and sat on the couch. Suddenly, the floor became very interesting.

"What's going on?" Isaac repeated.

"We were just talking about our childhood memories." said Hunter.

"On top of each other?"

Hunter opened his mouth to start explaining but I interrupted him, "You don't have to explain anything, Hunter. It's not his business, anyway."

"What do you mean? Let me fucking remind you that we are getting married within a month. How does that not make it my business?" replied Isaac, in an annoyed tone.

"Okay, guys. Chill." Hunter tried to keep us from arguing.

"We need to talk, about the other day." said Isaac.

"No, we don't. " I replied.

I'm not being annoying. There was literally nothing to talk about. He used me. That's all there was to it. You can't find an excuse for this.

I left the room and headed back outside.

"Ashley, we're leaving. Get your stuff." my mom informed me. I nodded and grabbed my bag.

After kissing Sarah and Fred goodbye, we left and drove back home.

"I think you should start packing for the trip. We're leaving in 2 days." my dad informed me. He knows how indecisive I could be when it comes to packing.

"Wait. In 2 days? As in, not tomorrow, but the other day?" I asked.

"Yup." my mom confirmed.

Why so soon?

As soon as I got home, I headed straight to the shower. Then, I wore my short shorts and a loose crop top. I brushed my hair and applied moisturized. I took out my luggage and picked out the outfits I would wear this week on my trip. I won't let Isaac ruin this trip for me. I will enjoy myself in Turkey. I loved it there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64 1 30
Life is full of curveballs and you can't really plan for everything can you?
262K 7K 34
Death the kid has had a massive crush on you for ages, and you felt the same way. A story that has romance devotion and real love.
864 142 30
Two girls. Both think they are alone in the world until they bump into eachother. A friendship blooms and soon enough they're bestfriends. Bestfrien...
471 48 36
It all started with a crush...