Saving Charlotte (Now on Radi...

By JaneKiley713

16 year old Charlotte Moore seems like the average high school girl; good grades, great friends, and somewhat... More

NOW ON RADISH
NOTICE
Saving Charlotte
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue
Notice!!
Recent Events

Chapter 9

9.8K 290 34
By JaneKiley713

Father wasn't home when DSS came to the house. The two agents who went through my house ordered me to pack up my things and move in with Annalise and Ashton permanently. They found all his drugs and alcohol and deemed him unfit to take care of me. The men said they'd have the police put a BOLO out on my father. Annalise was my legal guardian, apparently, from that day forth.

Daniel, Ashton and Annalise were with me as I packed up my entire room. I honestly felt like there was a weight lifted off of my shoulders as I packed up the last box of my things. I'd never have to come back here ever again or see his stupid face or have any more beatings. I was free.

We put everything in the back of my Volkswagen and drove down to the pizzeria in the downtown area for some dinner. Ashton forced Daniel into the booth with him as Annalise and I slid into the booth across from them. We ordered a large pepperoni pizza for the table and started chatting away.

"So, Daniel, you have a little less than a month in high school, right?" Annalise asked, giving him a cheeky smile. Daniel nodded and reached across the table to take my hand.

"No, actually, senior sign out is at the end of May. Just two more months, Mrs. Robertson," Daniel replied.

"Anna, Daniel. You're practically family now that you and my Charlie have... well, whatever you guys have together." Annalise replied. Daniel nodded and smiled at her.

"Yes, Anna." Daniel mocked. "While you are all here, I would like to ask Charlie a very important question."

"Danny?" I questioned with a smile. "You already asked me to your senior meet. What else is there?"

"Prom," Daniel said simple. "Charlotte Moore, will you go to Prom with me, as my girlfriend?" Beside me I heard Annalise squeal in delight while Ashton gave Daniel his best Dad glare he could muster. I stared at Daniel, unable to find the words to answer him. So I nodded my head yes. Daniel grinned from ear to ear as he leaned across the table and kissed my lips lightly.

"Danny!" I scolded lightly. "Not in front of my mom!" Daniel chuckled and shook his head softly.

"Oh goodness, Charlotte, you are old fashioned." He commented.

"Good." Ashton grumbled as he took a swig of his soda. "I don't want any hanky-panky going on during Prom night." I turned towards Ashton with one eyebrow raised to my hairline.

"So all that stuff Mary told me she had planned for Prom night was—"

"Charlotte!" Ashton hissed with a glare. "Not in front of Mom!" I laughed at Ashton and shook my head.

"No can do, Ash. I'm evil." I replied.

A month passed and it changed from the end of March to the beginning of May. To be honest, I was getting nervous. I had a few weeks left with Daniel until Senior Sign-Out, and then three months until he left for Amherst. He knew something was up by the way I acted whenever college was brought up. I would get through this. It'd only be one year until I would graduate and be with Daniel.

It's his senior meet today, and honestly, I'm a little nervous. Not because I thought his team was going to lose, because I knew they weren't, but because of the people on the team. These people hated me with a burning passion because of the years Daniel hated me. I didn't want them to reject him because Daniel was dating me. Their feelings would be biased. I didn't want that. I needed to find a way to get them to like me. Annalise always told me that food was the quickest way to a man's heart. Maybe I could win over the whole team with some baked goods.

Daniel found me at noon, in my kitchen, tugging at my hair. What was I going to do!? His meet was in two hours and I've hit a flipping roadblock. Daniel's team members will hate me, and then Daniel will hate them, and then they'll hate Daniel. It's like a domino effect I tell you.

Daniel came up behind me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist, pressing his lips to the back of my neck. It relaxed me a little, but not enough. "Beautiful," He mumbled against my skin. "What's wrong? You're tugging at your hair."

"Well, thank you, Captain Obvious!" I snapped, and then sighed. "I'm sorry. I just don't know what to make." Daniel spun me around in his arms to face him. I gave him a sheepish smile as he caressed my cheek with his hand.

"Why do you want to make something?" Daniel asked as his chocolate eyes bore into mine.

"So your team mate will like me." I mumbled.

"Beautiful, what are you talking about? They do like you." He said, kissing my nose softly. I rolled my eyes with a slight shake of my head.

"No, Danny, they don't. They're putting on an act because they like you. They don't want you to be mad at them." I said. Daniel wrapped his arms around the underside of my thighs and lifted me up to sit on the counter. I squeaked and wrapped my arms around his neck tightly so I couldn't fall.

"Charlotte Moore, I don't give a damn if my team members like you or not. I don't give a damn if Peyton has all of them hooked on her pinky fingers and gets them to egg this house. As long as I am here and I hold a place right," Daniel tapped the place over my heart, "here, everything will be okay." I smiled softly and leaned in to kiss him. Daniel kissed me back and looped his arms around the small of my back. His fingers dug into the small of my back, making me scoot closer to him. His kisses were intoxicating.

"Chocolate Chip Cookies," He mumbled against my lips.

"What?" I asked, pulling back slightly.

"The guys like Chocolate Chip Cookies." Daniel explained. I smiled and nodded, pressing my hands to his chest and pushing him back.

"Shoo, Daniel. I need to get baking." I said, hopping off of the counter. He laughed and retreated to Ashton's room to hang out with him.

Daniel wound his arm around my waist as we walked over to his team members. The other team was not here yet, but they would be soon. There were a lot of other girls there with their boyfriends, which made me more nervous by the second. I didn't fit in with these girls; they were on a whole other level of beautiful. I was just... me. Daniel turned his head and kissed my temple lightly, reassuringly.

"Charlie, Beautiful, relax." He mumbled, adjusting my glasses. I smiled slightly and nodded as I leaned into my wonderful boyfriend. We reached the group of people and all heads turned towards us. I felt my cheeks burn more and I gripped the Tupperware container of cookies tighter. Breathe, Charlie.

"Hey guys," Daniel said as he grabbed hands with one guy and pulled him into a side hug. "You all know Charlotte, right?" He asked even though I'm sure he introduced me to half of them and the other half gave me hell for years on end. The group nodded and offered me fake smiles. I sighed inwardly and prepared for the worst day of my life.

"What do you have there," A big guy, I think his name is Cote, asked.

"Chocolate Chip Cookies," I said quietly, but at the guys heard me. They immediately let go of their girls and rushed at me as I opened the Tupperware. By the time Daniel pulled me away, there was only one cookie left. Daniel smirked at me as he picked up the cookie and we shared it.

"These are amazing!" One of the guys exclaimed with a mouth full of food. I blushed as I scooted closer to Daniel.

"These are better than Bridget's brownies!" Another exclaimed. "Dude, don't tell his mom that!" A third called. I giggled at the large group of boys. They were actually... nice. But I couldn't say that about their girls just yet. Daniel slid behind my back and held me tightly, pressing his lips to my neck as the track boys raved on about my cookies.

"Soo, I told you they love you." He mumbled against my skin.

"Don't speak too soon, Danny." I mumbled back, placing my hands over his. I felt Daniel smile as he squeezed my waist lightly. "Good luck, Danny." I whispered to him.

"I don't need luck if I have you here." He said. So cheesy, I thought.

*

*

*

They won the meet 80 to 65. I was so proud of my Daniel. After the boys cleaned up, we went back to Daniel's house for a party. I was nervous now. The pool in the backyard was clean and ready for swimmers, and I was afraid of some drunken idiots trying to drown me again. Daniel assured me that he wouldn't let that happen, but I still had that sneaking suspicion. All of the boys from the track team, and their girlfriends, had carpooled to Daniel's house, a few of them stopping at the Liquor store for some illegal booze. Daniel and I had gotten to his house early to set up some snacks by the poolside.

"Charlie, you have nothing to worry about, I promise." He said for the twentieth time this hour. I groaned and banged my head against the wood picnic table.

"You say that now Danny, but what happens when you're a little buzzed and a completely hammered friend of yours tries to throw me in the pool, again?" I questioned. Daniel sighed and grabbed my waist to pull me up against him.

"It's simple then, Charlotte, Beautiful. I won't have more than one beer. In fact, I won't drink at all. I'll be completely sober just for you." He vowed as I looked up at him. By the way he was looking at me; I could tell that he meant what he had said. I nodded my head slightly and rested it against his shoulder, looping my arms delicately around his waist.

"Thank you," I whispered as people loudly started filing into the back yard.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

I'm sorry this chapter is a little short, but it's been so long since I've updated, I just wanted to get it out there. I promise I will update Max and Emma within the next week, then TGITMS and Ms. Dreamer. So, I can't wait for The Fault In Our Stars to come out!!! I've been stalking Ansel and the movie and John Green on Instagram for new updates!

Heads up: My dance season is coming to an end on May 23 (A friday) and will not start up again until September. Track is also ending on Memorial day, or next Tuesday. I will only have Karate now, six out of the seven days of the week.

Well, I'm tired and half dead. Goodnight.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 544 36
In case you came here to read a happy story about a happy person having a happy life, I suggest you simply go read something else. This is not a happ...
376K 7.1K 33
"But there's one rule" he says. I turn to him. "Yea? What is it?" "Don't. Fall. In. Love" ** Knox Bailey Archer. Archer. The worlds most feared word...
84.6K 1.6K 35
"Fuck, Roxy...." Leo whispers out breathily and I let out a plead as once again the beautiful colors of orange and blue from the sunset spill over ou...
2.4K 58 18
Charlotte is your average teenage 16 year old trying to get through High School until she meets someone that she didn't know that will turn around he...