Absolution (Riders Of Tyr #4...

Bởi AdelinaJaden

"I'll wait." Those were the last words he spoke to her and he damn right meant them. Runner fell for the wil... Xem Thêm

1. Exodus
2. Judges
3. Shots
4. Fear
5. Pain
6. No
7. Drunk
8. Back
9. Hangover
11. Fitting
12. Honeycomb
13. Coward
14. Favor
15. Jars
16. Deal
17. Angel
18. Trouble
19. Orders
20. Hunger
21. Date
22. Watching
23. Restrain
24. Trap
25. Traitors
26. His
27. Breathe
28. Confession
29. Ready
30. Praying
31. Prepare
32. Out
33. Gunfight
34. Standoff
35. Safe
36. Justice
37. Wedding
38. Epilogue

10. Games

50.1K 2.2K 520
Bởi AdelinaJaden

Runner

Of course, she wouldn't remember! That was the single best kiss of my life, one I will never forget but she will never know. For her, it was just a drunk, hen-party game and nothing more. I am a fucking game, one she can freely toy with. She treats me like a goddamn yo-yo, pulling me in and pushing me away.

No more. I do not like games. I am not like my brothers and their Valkyries that were doing all kinds of immature shit, avoiding their feelings, hiding from the truth. Yeah, I am a player but even then, I am not into pretending that I am in love or something. Usually, it's a pretty straightforward deal of "I want to fuck. You?".

With Magda, it was more. The first time that I wanted more. Don't get me wrong. I wanted to fuck her. I had to be blind or something to be passive before her long legs, those full breasts and her huge lips. In fact, I had spent quite some time fantasizing about each of those features when she was first brought in.

But then there were those eyes, those big, fathomless eyes, vast like an ocean and I felt the urge to explore them, discover her. And I fucking told her so, straight up. I was open with her and she chose to play. Well, I am done playing and she better get that in that pretty head of hers soon enough.

"Well, brothers," Daniel walks out into the bar. "How do we feel about Magdalene being back?"

"I know someone who might have an opinion on the matter," Tor pats me on the shoulder. "How was the preacher girl, man?"

"Brother, I have warned you, haven't I?"

"You did and I backed off and you ate her face and took her in your room. So, my turn?"

Tor smirks ironically, waiting for my explosion. Wouldn't want to disappoint my King. I smile back at him and then I take one step to be in his face.

"Tor, you will pretend for the rest of your life that Magdalene does not exist. She is not there, she is none of your concern, you will not speak of her or look at her."

"Is that right, brother?" Tor challenges me. "Cause she seemed pretty wild last night. I like them wild."

I chuckle and take one deep breath.

"I like you, brother. We have shared a few women you and I, fucked them real good. We make a good team, don't we?"

"We sure do," his eyes are twinkling.

Tor thinks I'm going to share Magdalene like she's some random bitch. If he weren't my King, he'd be dead by now. I smile wider and I make a point of showing off the knife I have on my belt. It's not as big as Rage's but it can do real damage. And I am the quickest motherfucker with it.

"That is why I am letting this one comment slide," I get in his face. "From now on, when people talk about Magda, your answer will be Magda who?"

"Dropping like motherfucking flies," Tor shakes his head disappointed. "I'd better take the rest of the brothers out of here and fast."

"You and Magdalene?" Daniel is in my face.

Daniel was the one that recruited me back in the day. He saw a fast thief that tried to get away with his bike and instead of killing me on site, he gave me a thrall cut and the rest of my life with it. He is the father I never had and I trust him with my life. But right now, I got no answer to give him. Me and Magdalene what?

"Take care, Runner. She is a troubled soul."

"But you are not fucking her, Daniel," Tor smiles wickedly. "Runner here does and she seems like a sweet pussy."

I throw an angry glance at him but he takes it with a smile. He bumps my shoulder and walks into the kitchen and I follow him. It a good thing that Tor is a cold motherfucker that never picks drama over a bitch. I would really hurt him if he kept his pursuit.

I walk in the kitchen and I see that the Valkyries are sitting at the island and they all wave at me with wide – too wide – smiles. And amongst them, Magda, with her head dropped on her hands and her body tightened in despair.

Tor glances at Magda and the shoulder that is revealed as my large t-shirt rolls down, at the endless legs coming out of those damn shorts. Then he shakes his head, glances at me and winks and sits right next to Bjorn. I am relieved that I didn't have to put Tor's pretty face on the hotplate.

"Good morning, Runner," Ava gives me her trademark side smile, the one that reeks of trouble.

She told her, I know instantly. Magda's head swings up when Ava calls my name and her big, blue eyes meet mine. No games, I remind myself and I stand my ground. Magda swallows, her eyes go mega-wide and she shakes her head almost in disgust. Got it! As I suspected, she was told or remembered and she regrets it. It's OK. It's perfectly OK.

"Morning, Ariadne," Tor's voice cuts through the thick silence.

I turn and Tor is bent over Bjorn's arms and wiggles his fingers at the baby. Better that than ogle Magda.

"You are so cute, yes you are!" Tor says with a sweet voice. "You are so cute and all I got to do is wait 17 years for you."

I sense movement and Ava pass by like a lightning with something shining in her hand. She grabs Tor and with a spectacular move has a butterfly knife straight on his scrotum. OK, I am not the quickest with a knife in here.

"And you'll be a castrated 40-year old by then," Ava growls.

"Wow, tiger mommy," Tor jokes.

"Ava, come on!" Iris pleads.

Lysa gets up to separate those two while Bjorn is laughing loudly. That leaves Magda and me alone. Magda is fumbling with her fork and bites her lower lip and that doesn't help at all. This woman has the magical ability to make me forgive her everything.

"Magda?" I try. "You OK?"

She says nothing.

"Magda?"

"Can you just please leave me alone?" She hides her face in her hands. "Please?"

My breath stops. Leave her alone? She came to me last night, all doe-eyed and lip-licking and now that I worry about her she wants me to stay away? Fucking... I have to get away from that woman or she'll be the end of me. I am not cut out to be a fucking victim, it might turn ugly. So, I turn my back on her without saying anything and turn to Wood as if nothing has happened.

I grab my breakfast and head back to my room. There I find my boots and her clothes, clean and folded. Clothes. That's an understatement. It's that damn swimsuit that had me cross-eyed and that flimsy cloth that did a lousy job covering her. I place the plate on my nightstand and I lie on the bed with my hand on my head. I am on the same pillow that she slept, the same sheets that wrapped her body. Her scent, that pure, natural scent of hers fills me and I moan.

I watched her most of the night as she was lying in my bed. Haven't been through a most hellish night in my life. I was hard from the moment we kissed, all through the cold shower I gave her, painfully so as I stripped her down and all that time I wanted to smack my stupid head. She was drunk and helpless and shot and not in a position to be a sexual fantasy.

But being a dick, I was hard then and I am hard once more, engulfed in her smell, the memory of her soft lips on mine and her tongue dancing with mine. This is not all her fault, I am being a masochist of a grand level here. How else can it be explained that lingering hope that maybe Magda and I...

"Runner?" Magda knocks on the door.

You've got to be kidding me! I get up and go to the door without thinking. She is here to pick up her clothes and leave. The wedding is in a couple of weeks and then she will be off to wherever she'd rather be. I open the door wide. Her hands are in fists but her head is held low.

"Tar told me he left my clothes here," she looks up finally.

"Yeah," I motion her to the bed.

She walks in and I leave the door open though all I want to do is close it, lock it and keep her here. I twine my arms over my chest to keep them from stupid, crazy ideas and I watch as she picks her things up. Bending a bit to offer a splendid view of her ass in those skintight shorts.

"Runner," Magda takes one step closer to me, "I am sorry if I..."

"No problem."

She nods and looks down. And her mouth forms an O. What? Only a few seconds after I realize what has her cheeks go red. I am still fucking hard and very obviously so. This should be enough to make me lose all excitement but her look on me, those inflamed cheeks, her hitched breath only makes me twitch in my jeans. Now, she will run or puke or just walk away and I can take care of my business before I explode.

But she does none of those things. She pouts her lips decisively, throws her clothes on the floor and closes the door. And then turns to me.

"Runner, I have a problem."

I swallow. I was not expecting this and though I know this might be one of her games, I can't ask her to go.

"Do you now?" I say as calmly as I can.

"You see, I was informed that we kissed last night."

And that is a problem for her. Good to know. At least she is saving me the embarrassment of turning me down in public.

"I don't remember it all that well. I was drunk as your boots are well aware."

"It's OK."

I don't need to hear actual words to know that she is not interested. That shit was pretty clear when she walked out on me and just minutes ago when she asked me to leave her alone. Why won't she leave already?

"No, Runner, it's not OK," she pulls closer. "I want to remember."

Come again?

"Oh, yes," she purrs. "I want to know how it is to kiss you."

My body reacts fast but I am strong enough to stop it. I yearn for her, my arms pine for her and my lips are itching to feel her but I am not so eager to be pulled in again. Each time, each little time, I lose something and I don't like it. This may be funny to her, a joke, an adventure but I am not into shit like that, not with her.

"No," I stop her advance. "This shit," I wave between us, "it has stopped being funny."

"I..." Magda struggles.

"Is this a joke to you? Some grand way to pass the time and laugh with your new friends? Toy with poor Runner that begged you to stay? Well, I am done playing and begging. Find another way to fill your time, Magda."

Her jaw drops and she leans back. That's right, game over. I pick up my half-finished breakfast, make myself comfortable in the armchair and I start eating, focusing on my plate. My insides are trembling but I keep my head level and I stuff my mouth.

Magda opens and shuts her mouth a few times but says nothing. She just picks up her things, opens the door and closes it behind her lightly. I hear her footsteps go down the corridor and then I am left in my fucking peace. Only then I throw my plate at the wall and scream deep in my throat.  

Someone is seriously pissed...

Don't forget to comment and vote. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.4M 113K 50
Astrid is running from a monster, the man who kidnapped her and forced her to breed his heirs. But she's escaped his clutches. Finding herself fleein...
2.3M 59.4K 44
Being a foster kid, she couldn't wait to be able to leave the group home. Finally eighteen, and the help of her mentor at the group home, she was abl...
554K 23.3K 44
"Choose. Her or the club." Briac demanded thrusting the gun in my hand as I looked back at her. The Riders are my family but she is the love of my li...
3.3M 133K 57
Not even one night passes by when the nightmares don't visit him. He learned to live with them, hide them deeply, accept all the guilt of the things...