The Older Potter // HP Older...

By Ilvermornist

Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Mag... More

Part 1
TRAILER
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121

95

4.7K 171 160
By Ilvermornist

C H A P T E R 95

Christmas break was only a week away and end of term exams were finally here.

It was Saturday night and there Samantha sat in the library hidden beneath a dozen books. Marcus was sitting next to her but could barely see the top of her head due to the large pile.

Even though they were next to each other, there was a feeling of immense awkwardness that neither of them wanted to talk about. Marcus couldn't help but wonder what was going on between them. Here he was, finally feeling like he had it all. But now, Marcus felt like he had nothing.

A part of him kept telling himself that Samantha was under a lot of stress due to tests, assignments, and the tournament and would feel better after this was over. But the other part of him felt like Samantha was starting to regret being with him or that her feelings were drifting away.

The past few days were completely confusing him because when they were together, it felt like two friends hanging out. She didn't show any affection or have her usual charismatic self. Something was off and Marcus couldn't help sigh at her actions.

However, she was also stuffed away in the library so Marcus really couldn't judge her full actions.

Samantha was completely oblivious to the inner conflict inside Marcus. She was only focusing on tests, the review packets in front of her, the egg, and briefly Cedric. Lately, Cedric has been occupying her mind since they've been studying together. She only had Potions with Marcus but during that time, Viktor was her partner so she would study with him.

As her mind went between the numerous things on her to-do list, she did not notice someone walking into the library. A certain Hufflepuff with golden brown hair walked in to grab a book for Herbology. As he took the book he needed off the shelf, he saw Marcus and Samantha. Samantha had just smiled at Marcus and placed her hand on his for a moment or two.

Cedric narrowed his eyes and started to tightly clutch the book he was holding. A loud sigh then escaped his lips which caught Marcus' attention. Their eyes locked for a second before Cedric ducked his head behind the bookshelf. He knew Marcus saw him but didn't want Samantha to.

Marcus felt a feeling of satisfaction that he was with Samantha now instead of Cedric. Then Cedric's warning came into his mind and so did a small inkling of revenge and cunning. Even though he was at Durmstrang, he was still a Slytherin.

"What are you looking at?" Samantha asked Marcus when she looked up from her Transfiguration homework.

Marcus turned to her and smiled. "The most beautiful girl in the world."

Samantha laughed lightly. "Smooth," she replied and went to turn back to her book but felt Marcus' hand on her cheek, turning her face towards his.

He leaned in and pressed her lips firmly against his. Her eyes fluttered closed and her hands went to his neck, bringing Marcus closer. She then realized that this was the first time they've kissed in a few days. And Merlin was this a kiss.

Marcus nudged his chair closer to hers so he could rest his hands on her waist and bring her as close as he could.

Cedric peeked from behind the bookcase and his breath hitched in his throat at the sight before him. He then turned on his heel and stalked out of the library.

The kiss continued for a few more moments before Samantha pulled away and stared up at Marcus with a smile. The emptiness inside was slowly fading away and was being replaced by her usual butterflies. This was the feeling she remembers when being around Marcus. For the past few days, Samantha kept wondering where they went and if this was the right decision. But now, her feelings were coming to the surface again.

Slowly but surely....Samantha's memory was coming back.

• • • • •

"She was what?!" Luke reiterated when Cedric told him what he saw in the library.

"Kissing Marcus."

"And she wasn't repulsed or pulled away immediately?"

Cedric clenched his jaw and shook his head briskly. "No."

Luke pursed his lips and stared sadly at his friend who was being consumed by jealousy and envy. He hated that Cedric was feeling this way. He hated how apparent jealousy was and how it made such a kind person seem not so kind. Cedric was very hard headed and strong in his feelings that his care for Samantha was making his own character turn ugly. As much as he wanted to tell him to snap out of it and forget it, he couldn't. Everyone gets caught up in their feelings at some point and gets blinded. Luke would have to watch his best friend suffer and then hopefully get out of it on his own.

"So I assume they're together?" Luke asked slowly, unsure of what Cedric's reaction was going to be.

Cedric sighed loudly and sat back on the couch in their Common Room. "I have no idea. This is all very confusing. Here she is kissing Marcus but then only a day ago she was hanging out with me like she wasn't with anyone."

"Well was she flirting with you? Because I don't see anything wrong with her actions if she was only hanging out with you in a platonic way," Luke reasoned. The last thing he needed was for Cedric to confront Samantha over something he cooked up inside his jealousy brain.

Cedric pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes for a moment. "Maybe not...full on flirting but—"

"Then but nothing," Luke interrupted. "You can't accuse her of coming on to you when she wasn't. If she is dating Marcus or not has no matter. She's allowed to have guy friends. I don't remember you badgering me for hanging out with Samantha when you two were dating."

Cedric hummed in annoyance. "Ok ok, I get it. I'm making something out of nothing. But I do think she still has feelings for me."

"Cedric—"

"No, Luke. I am certain she still has some feelings for me."

"I bet it's anger, like mine are becoming," Luke muttered.

"Pardon?" Cedric said, coming out of his thoughts.

"Nothing, Ced. Just don't do anything to make her angry at you."

"Trust me, Luke. I won't."

• • • • •

With the tournament and the Yule Ball coming up, everyone found it harder to focus on their tests which started this week.

Everyone year five and above was stressing because their tests meant just a little more than anyone else's.

Sunday night, the Gryffindor Common Room was packed yet quiet. Each couch and chair was filled with someone either reading a book or working on a review packet. But someone was sitting on a chair by the window not working on anything.

Harry didn't have any exams to worry about since he was a champion and unlike his studious older sister. Ron and Hermione were quietly working on Potions since they had their exam the next day. Harry stared out the window and kept thinking about his dream and how the voice he recognized was Lucius Malfoy.

Every day he thought about just how odd everything seemed and how something wasn't right. The question of who put his name in the Goblet was always apparent and nagged his innermost thoughts every evening.

He looked around the room and saw Samantha sitting by her group of friends. She was reading a Herbology book and was writing down small notes on a nearby parchment. They haven't spoken much over the last few days due to him wanting to leave Samantha to study. He knew he would see her once break started and would discuss more about his dream and the horcrux hunt at the Riddle House.

Harry looked back at Ron who was now obviously looking at Hermione's Charms work. That was more like Ron.

Fred and George were supposed to be studying for their Charms test but kept thinking about the prank they wanted to pull before everyone left for the first part of the break. It was different this year since everyone would be returning Christmas Eve for the Yule Ball the following night. So they only had a week instead of the usual 2-3.

Angelina, Alicia, and Lee were all working on Muggle Studies so the two couldn't bother them. Samantha however they could persuade to take a break and help them plan something.

They looked at each other with wide grins and looked at Samantha expectantly. She felt eyes on her and glanced up to see the bright blue eyes of Fred and George. She knew that look and set down her quill. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, you can," Fred spoke.

"With our prank idea," George continued. "We want to prank each house and will need to visit their Common Rooms."

"What kind of prank are we talking about?" Samantha asked.

"Well we can't go into their Common Rooms, as much as we would like it would be too risky," Fred started. "So our next best bet is to plan something as soon as they exit their Common Rooms to go down to breakfast."

"And what are you going to plan?"

Fred and George grinned. "This is something we've been planning for a while and have been developing the blue prints for. We have a general idea but we want to test out a smaller version," George spoke as people started to clean up and head to bed.

It was nearing eleven at night so slowly, groups of students were saying goodnight and heading to bed.

"Smaller version? Should I be worried?" Samantha asked with a raised eyebrow. She's seen this look on the twins numerous times but this time seemed extra mischievous.

The two scoffed. "Of course not," Fred said.

"And why now? Why not save this for the end of the year?"

"Because we have to test it," George said. "We'll know for sure how it will look if we see the smaller version."

"But I have to study—"

"No, Hermione," Fred said rolling his eyes. "No more studying. You have been cooped up in the library for the past week and have been so busy due to the tournament. It's time for a small break before exams. Free your mind before you end up staying here all night."

Samantha bit her lip.

"And when was the last time you pulled a prank? Hm? This tournament and school have been corrupting your rule-breaking nature. Sirius is probably very disappointed," George added, his face forming into fake disapproval.

Samantha rolled her eyes but sighed at what he said. George was right. This year she's been focusing on different things instead of what she usually does. "Yeah...you're right."

"We always are," Fred spoke and then stood up. "Now come on, we have a prank to plan."

Samantha shook her head slightly and then packed up her things. She put her bag by the window so it was out of anyone's way. Then her and the twins left the Common Room.

"So where are we going?" Samantha asked as she followed Fred and George to the staircase.

"First we're going to Ravenclaw tower, then to the Hufflepuff Common Room, then down to the dungeons to the Slytherins to get an idea about where we want to place the mini swamp," George explained in a quieter tone since they were watching out for teachers and prefects.

Samantha nodded and then stopped. "Mini swamp?!" she reiterated, her eyes widening. Did she hear that correctly? "What is a mini swamp?"

"It's a swamp only smaller than usual," George said simply as they reached the floor of Ravenclaw tower.

She rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance. "I get that you git, but what actually is it?"

"It's a combination of a lot of things. Gross mud, magical trees, maybe some creatures. We haven't pin pointed exactly what we want to feature. We just know we want it to be in Gryffindor colors and hard to clean. So this is why we're checking out the locations. To get a better idea of what we want," Fred explained.

Samantha looked at Fred strangely but shook her head. "Ok, whatever you say."

They looked over both Ravenclaw tower and by Hufflepuff with ease. All the twins had to do was note down a few key points by the location and discuss what they wanted to add. Now it was the Slytherin Common Room down in the dungeons.

It was pitch black due to it just passing midnight. As Samantha and the twins neared the dungeons, Samantha's heart started to race and her mind started to fill with thoughts. She paused for a moment at her sudden of behavior.

Why was she acting like this?

She stared around the corridor and felt an urgent sense of deja vu. She's been to this corridor a thousand times so why the sudden feeling.

As they reached the Potions classroom, that's when it hit her. The memory flashed through her eyes like a storm. Samantha remembers being here, only a few nights ago, and a definitive thump. She stopped fully and stared at the door before Fred and George noticed her movements.

"What?" Fred asked as Samantha was lost in her thoughts.

"Oh nothing, I thought I spotted something," she said, trying to wonder why this odd memory was coming to her just now. Memories usually didn't hit her like this and in jagged motions. Usually when someone remembers something it's in one fluid form.

Fred and George nodded and then walked ahead of her to scout out the stone wall in front of the Slytherin Common Room. Samantha stayed behind and leaned against the cold stone, trying to form the memory that was stuck inside her mind. Why all of a sudden did she remember coming here at night and not too long ago? Surely she would remember something like that. She would have to ask Fred and George once they got back to their own Common Room.

Suddenly they heard footsteps coming and a shadow getting larger and larger around the corner. Samantha turned quickly and started to head towards the nearest hideout but was too late.

Cedric was doing his prefect rounds and once he rounded the corner, he was very shocked to see Samantha and the twins. Although once he saw them, the shock went away because it was very much like them to pull a prank on the Slytherins.

He looked at Samantha who was giving him a blank expression. This was it, the perfect opportunity.

"Hello there," Cedric said.

"Hi Cedric," Samantha said as the twins neared them.

"Prefect rounds?" George asked.

Cedric nodded. "Pulling a prank?"

Fred and George nodded.

"Now I won't say anything if you two head on back to your Common Room."

"Two?" Samantha asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I was wondering if I can talk to you...alone."

Samantha glanced at Fred and George who were opening their mouth. "Ok," she said before they could say anything.

"But—"

"Just go on back," she said to them. "I won't be long."

The two nodded and then gave a curt nod to Cedric who said a brief goodnight.

"So what's going on?" Samantha said, leaning on the nearby window sill.

"Well I wanted to talk about us," Cedric said firmly. He couldn't beat around the bush. He had to just spit it out.

"Us?" she responded with a confused look. "What about us?"

"You know, you and me. What we are. We've been hanging out recently and studying and I want to make sure we're on the same playing field," Cedric spoke, carefully picking his words and when to mention that he saw her and Marcus together.

Samantha paused for a moment and stared up at Cedric whose grey eyes were illuminating by the moonlight shining through the window. "I...uhm...well we have been hanging out but only platonically," she said, trying to figure out how she was going to drop the bomb about Marcus.

"Right. Well have you been hanging out with...other platonically? Or just me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Look I saw you and Marcus last night...at the library...engaging in a serious kiss that seemed to never end," Cedric blurted out.

Samantha's eyes widened for a moment and started to blush. He didn't notice due to the dim lighting. "Well we are dating."

Cedric swallowed. "That's what I assumed but I wanted to hear it from you."

"Then here I am confirming it."

He started to scratch his chin. "Although I can't help but go back to you calling our little study session a "date" and how you weren't so keen to tell me about Marcus."

"Well—you see—"

"No no, if you were so set on us being just in the platonic zone, then you wouldn't have done those things," Cedric continued.

"But—I was—"

"Actions speak louder than words, Samantha. Surely you can understand that."

"Just listen to me—"

"You aren't over me. Just admit it. You may be with Marcus but that doesn't me you still don't have some kind of feelings for me. Our study sessions were a great time. We were laughing, having great conversations, working well together," Cedric added and taking a step closer to Samantha who was merely staring up at him with a blank expression.

She was so shocked at Cedric's outburst and didn't know what to say. The past few days were such a blur and couldn't believe that Cedric was piecing this together. He stopped and let her soak in what he said. As she listened to him more and more, she was starting to see his point and his train of thought. Even though from her point of view what she was doing wasn't wrong, she could see how her intent might lead Cedric on.

"Cedric—" she started but was caught off by him yet again.

He closed some more space between them and took her cheeks in his delicate hands, guiding her eyes to his. "Just look me in the eyes and tell me you have no feelings for me. I want to hear it straight up. Do that and I will drop it and move on," he whispered.

Samantha stayed frozen in his grasp as her heart beat started to increase. His hands were warm and his thumbs were caressing her cheeks softly. She looked into his grey eyes and saw sincerity and admiration. He was staring at her intently and watched her eyes flicker to his lips which were pursed in expectance. His heart started to beat quicker because he was anticipating her next words.

"Just tell me," he whispered again. "And I'll leave you alone."

In her mind she was telling him, but her mouth couldn't find the words. She was so entranced by the way Cedric was looking down at her. Their faces were mere inches away and she slowly moved her hands to his wrists, resting them there, and not moving them away.

"Why aren't you telling me?" Cedric softly asked.

"I—I don't know," she stuttered, staring at his still very handsome face.

Cedric nodded slightly. "Yes, yes you do. You know exactly why. It's because you can't say it, because it's not true."

"I—I—"

"And I'm going to prove it," Cedric spoke before capturing her lips with his.

WHOA! Another change in events we have!! Memory is slowing coming back but Cedric has swooped back in! We've all been consumed by jealousy so we have to relate to him!!

Now please please read what I have coming up here!

First, Happy New Year!!

Second, I know updates have been lacking but I've been focusing on school!!

Third, I'm very happy to announce that I've been chosen to be a part of KellyAnneBlount  's Wattpad Block Party Winter Edition!! I'll be a featured author and get to interact with readers and share a special chapter and there will be giveaways!! More info, please check out the book!

I'll need some help with the special feature. I can share basically anything having to do with reading, writing, editing, and things like that.

I want this to be not only beneficial to me but to you! This story is my magnum opus and want you guys to enjoy as much as you can! So please please share your ideas! It can be a special preview, a chapter coming from a different scenario, or anything else creative. I have until January 15th to submit so comment comment comment! You guys know I love your feedback and will answer you right away!

With this excitement, I feel much more inspired to write! Maybe I'll make this a 400k special since we are nearing that!

I love you all!!
Until next time,
<3 Sam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 1.1K 51
❝I was just looking for an empty compartment and what do I do? I get pulled into the biggest shit show of my life.❞ ❝Sorry.❞ ❝It's okay, I...
367K 8.3K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
310K 13K 39
Like always, please turn away from this if you haven't read the previous books! Since Harry and Anna had gone to Hogwarts, it's been crazy. From the...
40.5K 861 66
The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living with her awful relatives in a world of bori...