Motorcycle Girl: Book Two

Par paperandpen444

Nathan and Odeletta continue their lives in New York City. WIth five people in one house, each one bringing h... Plus

Chapter 1: Frost
Chapter 2: Annalise
Chapter 3: Plans
Chapter 4: She's Everything
Chapter 5: Harassed
Chapter 6: Makeup
Chapter 7: Run
Chapter 8: Shell
Chapter 9: Falling
Chapter 10: Lonely
Chapter 11: Drunk
Chapter 12: Bitter Reminiscing
Chapter 13: Five Missed Minutes
Chapter 14: Bail
Chapter 15: Confronted
Chapter 16: Lawyer
Chapter 17: Thinning Patience
Chapter 18: Verdict
Chapter 19: Secrets
Chapter 20: Chicago
Chapter 21: Questions
Chapter 23: Nightmare
Chapter 24: Dead End
Chapter 25: Unwanted Visitor
Chapter 26: A Beautiful Mess
Chapter 27: Fight
Chapter 28: Distance
Chapter 29: Butt Cards
Chapter 30: Seatbelt
Chapter 31: Chicago Ghetto
Chapter 32: Bodacious
Chapter 33: Secret
Chapter 34: Eight Weeks
Chapter 35: Throwback
Chapter 36: Settling
Chapter 37: Amanda Baldwin
Chapter 38: Space
Chapter 39: 110%
Chapter 40: Coping
Chapter 41: 4:26PM
Chapter 42: Not Tired

Chapter 22: Darlin

6.2K 248 8
Par paperandpen444

She left at one in the afternoon and it's nine at night.

Night at night and we haven't heard a word.

Panic is an understatement.

"I should've made her let me go with her." I say, pacing. "I mean, what if that guy has her?"

"What guy?" Gwen asks.

"That's a long story." I grumble. "Why isn't she answering the phone?"

"Maybe she's just out trying to get some air." Mason says.

"No, something is wrong." I snap. "Something's wrong."

"Okay, let's calm down a bit." Matthew says. His voice is smooth and cool. "First things first, if something bad were to happen, who is her emergency contact in regards to medical thing?"

"Me." I say. "It's me. It's been me for a few years."

He just points to the outlet that has the phone charges plugged into it.

I turn my ringer on and plug the phone in, sighing.

"Second, and I mean this without meaning to hurt anybody's feelings but Odeletta lived in the woods for years. If something is wrong and she's not injured, she'll be fine."

"But it's winter." Aunt Rosalie argues.

"She lives through five Illinois winters in the woods." Gwen says calmly. "She's a smart resourceful girl."

"She had the proper materials for winter then." I argue.

"Nathan, sweetie, we met in winter and she came to me in jeans and a t-shirt and a jean jacket that was too light for her own good."

"That was when we knew her surroundings." I argue. "She knew where she was, where she could hide."

"Okay, that's true." She sounds worried now. "I'm sure she's fine."

"Something is wrong." I snap at everyone.

"Guys, respectfully, when Nathan went to jail and he was basically missing, we tried to tell Odette everything was fine but she insisted something was wrong." Harper says.

"It's like twin telepathy or something, and I'm telling you guys, there is something wrong."

"Okay." Gabe sighs. "Say something is wrong, what do we do?"

"We can't call the police until one tomorrow." I say, anxiety settling in. "What if that bastard has her?" I clench my fists. "I swear I'll freak the fuck out."

Odeletta

The cold winter air nips at my face as I walk down the street, the small slab of metal clutched in my right hand, my left hand holding Lucia's right handlebar, dragging her alongside me.

Shivering, I zip up my leather jacket as high as it will go, glancing down at the compass.

I was mad they they were all talking shit about Lucia so I left.

I was going on a ride to clear my head and ended up at Ninham Mountain State Forest.

I was just cruising along on my bike, enjoying the ride when suddenly, the engine cut out.

When I try to start her, she won't work.

She shouldn't need gas and she's not leaking.

There's no cell reception out here and even if there was, I don't have any power in my cell to call for help.

I know from experience how dangerous winter nights are.

Back when I was a kid in the winter at night, I had proper warming supplies that I'd steal from Dick's Sporting Goods.

I was not a bad kid or anything, I just didn't have the money to get what I needed.

Gwen probably thinks I'm avoiding her.

Bitter, I stop walking, letting out a defeated sigh.

One thing I never leave the house without is a compass, just in case.

The air in the mountains is much cooler than in the city, and I feel dread when it starts snowing.

I stomp walking over to Lucia. I do her tickle and turn the choke, slamming my foot down on her starter.

Nothing.

"Come on, do not fail me now." I mumble, trying again.

Still nothing.

In the mountains at night is dangerous even for me.

There's mountain lions and other predators like coyotes and a ton of other mammals I'd rather not meet.

I'm thirsty, hungry, and exhausted.

Not to mention I can't stop shivering.

I try to power my phone on one more time before I sight in defeat, stopping next to Lucia.

I open up her pouch on the side and search her.

There's nothing in here except for my wallet. I drop my phone in there and sigh.

Shiver, my jacket doing nothing to warm me.

I look at the trees draping over the road.

I find some old moss hanging from a branch.

I drag Lucia closer and walk over to the tree.

I look at the large trunk and sigh, scaling the trunk easily, using the strength in my arms to climb up.

I stand in the center, looking at the branch that the moss is on. I knock on it, making sure it's not hollow.

When it sounds healthy and solid. I climb up onto it, pulling myself across it on my stomach. I grab the moss and stuff it into my coat.

The last thing I want is for it to get wet.

I hop out of the tree and walk over to another one.

I find two sturdy looking branches still attached to the tree and I grab them and yank, snapping them off.

I walk over to the edge of the road and kick the snow away from the dead grass with my combat boots.

When I've cleared an area, I rest the sticks on the ground and go gather up dead leaves and moss, scaling multiple trees.

I find the driest pieces of wood I can.

When I have a large supply, I put the moss on the ground and grab the sticks.

Bracing one with my left hand, I grip the other with my right and rub it quickly on the other one, my movements hard and quick.

After about thirty seconds, it catches, lightly the moss.

I blow on it, throwing some leaves and twigs into it until I have a warm glow in my face.

My stomach growls loudly and I sigh.

I wish I had a fucking cheeseburger right now.

Cheeseburger, an ice cold beer or a hot chocolate, and Nathan.

I frown, realizing I have to go yet another night without him.

I missed him so much last night. After waking up from a nightmare about him dying in a plane crash, I couldn't go back to sleep.

I'm exhausted.

I rest back against Lucia with a low sigh.

I can't go to sleep. There could be all sorts of murderous creatures out there.

Looks like I'm pulling an all nighter.

Nathan

I didn't go to sleep.

Nobody did. Last time she didn't come home without word, something was wrong, and now everyone agrees something is wrong.

I've been glued to my phone, waiting, watching.

She has to be okay."

"She's probably in a warm hotel nestled in bed." Jackson says.

"I hope." I mumble.

She's fine. She has to be, right?

Odeletta

The moment the sun started to peek out of the ground, I kicked a load of snow on my fire and got up and started walking.

I got stranded around three yesterday. This is a state park. I thought for sure I'd have seen a park ranger but I saw nobody.

So I walked.

I walked so long, saw random animals, tried to start Lucia more than once, desperate for power.

I have a pounding headache and I'm exhausted.

I walk.

And walk.

And walk.

By the suns position, I can tell it's two in the afternoon when I finally reach the end of this retched forest.

I walk Lucia along the sidewalk, straight to a diner.

Parking my bike outside, I go in and get food and water.

I ate fast and pay the lady.

"Where is the nearest car part store?" I ask the woman.

"Sweetie there ain't a car part store for about a half hour by car." She points behind me.

I stile a groan.

"Thank you." I say.

I get out and start walking again.

It's already three or so now.

I find a shitty Motel 8 and walk in, leaving Lucia outside.

"Do you guys have a phone I can use?" I ask the greasy guy behind the desk.

"Are you a guest?" He asks, not looking up from his magazine.

I glance at the name.

Playboy.

Isn't that some sick American magazine of porn?

"No." I drawl.

"Then the phone's broke darlin'."

I narrow my eyes.

"Don't call me darlin."

"Don't tell me what to do, darlin."

I grit my teeth.

"Connard." I mutter.

"What's that?" He asks.

"Check google translate." I respond, spinning on my heel and walking out.

When I see him pull out his phone, I grin, grabbing Lucia and walking off.

He's going to find that connard is not a compliment.

I walk to a sketchy grocery store across the street.

"Can I use your phone?" I ask the guy.

"You can if you suck my dick." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"I'd rather eat dog shit." I reply, my voice flat and bored.

I turn around and walk out.

I grab Lucia and walk off.

There's no other shops around, so I walk miles upon miles of just trees until I find a house in a field.

A farm maybe?

It looks like a slaughterhouse and I decide against going there.

I have quite the right hook but my fist can't do much when there's a knife to my throat or a gun to my head.

I keep walking.

And walking.

And walking.

Soon enough, the sun starts going down again, and just before I think about stopping, I find a blue house with a red door and white trim.

It's my only hope.

Being probably much more than two hours away from home with nobody knowing where I am, I'm sure not going to pass up the chance to see Nathan, who probably called the police by now.

I walk up, leaving Lucia in the driveway next to a black Dodge Grand Caravan.

I ring the doorbell.

I hear a baby start crying and I cringe.

I hope I didn't wake their infant.

The crying stops, and a moment later, a women pulls open the door, a baby in her arms. She has the bottle balanced between her breasts.

"Yes?" She asks.

"Do you have a phone I could use?" I ask.

"Sorry hun, I forgot to pay the bill." She frowns. "My phone doesn't work anymore."

"What kind of phone do you have?" I ask.

"Android." She says. "There's not much reception here anyways." She frowns. "You look tired. Do you want to come in? Have a bite to eat? You look like you could use a drink."

"No, that's okay."

"Are you sure? I've got wifi at least...and an iPad. It works for shit but you might be able to contact your husband."

"Husband?" I repeat.

She points to my ring.

"Fiancé." I say, laughing nervously.

"It's alright, what am I going to do with a baby, right?"

She's a skinny girl anyways, I can take her.

"Alright." I give in. "I guess I'll come in."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

4K 66 22
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘵𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘰𝘴𝘦...
7.4K 322 49
A collection of many NatePat scenarios with funny moments and steamy times, plus a little bit of angst for the lovelies. Enjoy!
73.6K 994 38
Was written 2 year ago! This one is exactly like the first one I wrote and it will probably have the same amount of chapters! Please feel free to giv...
15.1K 425 29
╰┈➤✧˚ · .𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍✧˚ · . _________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘨𝘶𝘺�...