A Weekend Away // l.s.

By aussie_direction

❝ I think sometimes, a new place can give you a new perspective on things and, well, you being here with me h... More

Description
Prologue
VOLUME I
Volume i - Chapter 1
Volume i - Chapter 2
Volume i - Chapter 3
Volume i - Chapter 4
Volume i - Chapter 5
Volume i - Chapter 6
Volume i - Chapter 7
Volume i - Chapter 8
Volume i - Chapter 9
Volume i - Chapter 10
Volume i - Chapter 11
Volume i - Chapter 12
Volume i - Chapter 13
Volume i - Chapter 14
Volume i - Chapter 15
Volume i - Chapter 16
Volume i - Chapter 17
Volume i - Chapter 18
VOLUME II
Volume ii - Chapter 19
Volume ii - Chapter 20
Volume ii - Chapter 22
Volume ii - Chapter 23
Volume ii - Chapter 24
Volume ii - Chapter 25
Volume ii - Chapter 26
Volume ii - Chapter 27
Volume ii - Chapter 28
Volume ii - Chapter 29
Volume ii - Chapter 30
Volume ii - Chapter 31
Volume ii - Chapter 32
Volume ii - Chapter 33
Volume ii - Chapter 34
not an update
Volume ii - Chapter 35
Volume ii - Chapter 36
Volume ii - Chapter 37
Volume ii - Chapter 38
Volume ii - Chapter 39
Volume ii - Chapter 40
Volume ii - Chapter 41
Volume ii - Chapter 42
VOLUME III
Volume iii - Chapter 43
Volume iii - Chapter 44
Volume iii - Chapter 45
Volume iii - Chapter 46
Volume iii - Chapter 47
Volume iii - Chapter 48
Announcement
Volume iii - Chapter 49
Volume iii - Chapter 50
Volume iii - Chapter 51
Volume iii - Chapter 52
Volume iii - Chapter 53
Volume iii - Chapter 54
Volume iii - Chapter 55
Volume iii - Chapter 56
Volume iii - Chapter 57
Volume iii - Chapter 58
Volume iii - Chapter 59
Volume iii - Chapter 60
Epilogue (Part 1)
Epilogue (Part 2)
THE END
OTHER STORIES

Volume ii - Chapter 21

8.8K 400 352
By aussie_direction

Niall POV

Zayn's really cute.

I really like him.

And I don't really know how it happened. I thought I liked girls but...

Well, I like Zayn and he's not a girl so I guess I'm bi? I don't really know, and I don't really care.

All I care about is that I really like Zayn and I'm happy.

I sighed happily as I bit into my sandwich and looked to the water to see Liam and Gemma coming out, arguing about something.

"Are too,"

"Are not,"

"Are too!"

"Are not!"

"They are too!" Liam said as he sat down onto the sand, not caring that he was dripping wet and was probably going to be covered in sand sticking to him in a few moments.

"Oh my god, Liam. They are not, now drop it!" Gemma said, giggling as she sat down between me and Liam.

"Who's not what?" Zayn asked, looking up at the two of them after he swallowed. Gemma sighed.

"Harry and Louis. That's who." She said.

"What about Harry and Louis?" I asked, suddenly intrigued once I'd heard by best friend and my brother's names.

"Liam thinks they have a 'thing' going on or something," Gemma said, rolling her eyes at him playfully "Which they don't"

"Gem, they do. It's painfully obvious." Liam retorted, making Gemma gasp backhand his chest lightly.

"Well what do you guys think?" Gemma asked, turning her attention back to us. "C'mon, Niall! You're Harry's best friend and Lou's brother! You've got to know something..." she trailed off, silently asking me to continue.

I put my sandwich down on top of the plastic it was wrapped in, thinking about whether or not to say something. I mean, both of them have been blabbing on about each other to me ever since we got here and I know they've kissed. Multiple times. In front of me.

So I think it's safe to say that I know the most about their relationship.

It was actually really cute and I totally ship them but I wasn't sure if they wanted the others to know yet.

If it was the other way around and Harry was about to tell people about me and Zayn, which he would because he doesn't know, but that's besides the point. Anyway, If it were the other way around, I wouldn't want them to be telling other people for me. I would want to explain myself.

"I, um," I started.

"C'mon Niall! Please?" Gemma begged. "I just want to know."

I huffed and looked to Zayn, who nodded, so I took that as a sign to talk.

"Fine. They like each other, like a lot. And they've been spending a lot of time together, like alone." I started but was interrupted.

"Yeah, we know that!" Gemma exclaimed.

"Yeah, I think that part is pretty obvious."

"Well, yeah. That's all i know." I lied, shifting my weight side to side uncomfortably. "That's all they've said to me. As far as I know, neither of them has actually acted on their feelings so... yeah."

I looked to Zayn for some comfort, who seemed to sense my distress, so he slipped an arm around my waist and pulled my close, letting me rest my head on his shoulder. I felt him lightly kiss my hair, sending shivers down my spine.

God, I love it when he makes me feel like this.

"oooOOOOooo." Gemma sang, "You two are getting pretty cosy."

Zayn chuckled and pulled me even closer as I turned my head to her and flashed her my cheesiest smile.

"Is this a thing now?" Liam questioned Zayn with a smile, letting him know it was okay.

"I guess you could say that," he commented, laughing when he saw my face.

I love to make him laugh.

And I love the feeling I get when he looks at me.

"That's really cute, guys!" Gemma commented as she leaned into Liam, letting him hook an arm around her waist, mimicking Zayn and I's position.

I cleared by throat after I swallowed and gestured between the two of them.

"What about you two, huh?" I asked curiously, raising an eyebrow as I sat up, out of Zayn's grasp.

Liam and Gemma looked at each other and smiled before she blushed and buried her head in his shoulder, letting him reply.

"Uh, yeah, we are." He said, looking down at her affectionately and giving her a light squeeze.

Zayn cooed as he leant forward and put his head on my shoulder.

"But seriously," he said. "What do you guys think of Harry and Louis? Like, do you think they're dating or something?"

Great. So now we're back to this.

Thanks Zayn.

I silently cursed him as I shook my head.

"I don't know," Gemma commented. "I mean, it's pretty weird, my brother and my ex, like, I don't know..."

Well that was a very insightful comment, Gemma. Thank you for sharing.

I've never been a big fan of Gemma's. After all, if it wasn't for her flaunting Louis around all the time they were together, I wouldn't have had to have seen my best friend so upset all the time.

"Well I think there's definitely something there," Liam announced. "The way they look at each other and the way they speak to each other, not to mention all the alone time they've been having lately. If there not already together, I'll bet anyone 10 quid they will be by the time this trip is over."

"I'll take you up on that!" Zayn replied only to be met with questioning looks from the rest of us. I turned by body so his head was thrown off my shoulder.

"Please explain." I stated.

"Well, it's just, Louis isn't one to move fast. I'm not denying there's anything there, I'm just saying that Louis takes things slow and I doubt he'll make it official anytime soon." Zayn clarified.

"Yeah," Gemma piped up "I remember it took him ages to grow a set and ask me out!" she said, making us all laugh at his shy nature when it comes to relationships.

"So I will accept that bet, Li." Zayn said after we'd died down, making me look up at him.

"Alright, 10 quid." Liam replied with a smirk.

"Game on." Zayn responded, just as confidently.

"You're going down mate," Liam snarled with a grin as he stuck out his hand to shake on the bet, making Gemma and I laugh.

I don't know why, but suddenly, after this conversation, I felt like I was much closer with them. I don't know if it was because I felt like I had a weight lifted off my chest now that Zayn and I had finally told someone about us, or because now we had all bonded over a common subject, but I definitely felt more comfortable around them.

I smiled to myself as I thought about today and how great I felt while the conversation continued around me.

"What makes you so sure?" Zayn asked, incredulous at his friend's confidence as he took his hand. "We're his two closest mates, you know how he is."

Liam shrugged, nonchalant, as he leant back from the shake.

"This one's different. I can tell."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch and our little cool off in the water, we all got up and continued our hike. Liam and Gemma lead, like before and Zayn and I walked behind, but we weren't as separated as before.

After our little bonding session on the beach, talking about relationships and such, I felt like we were closer as a result.

It made me happy. Since Harry's off with Louis all the time, I felt like I had more friends to keep me company.

And Zayn. Zayn's company is great too.

I looked up, expecting to see Gemma's back as we walked but instead all I could see was blonde. She had stopped and I had walked straight into her back, her hair all over my face.

Ew.

I spat it out as I stepped back grimacing.

"Gem! I-" I started but was cut off her clamping her hand over my mouth.

"Shh! Look!" she said, keeping her hand where it was and grabbing my hair and moving my head to look past her and into a clearing.

I wanted to scream at her cause it really hurt, but she still had her hand over my mouth. I tried squirming out of her grip but it was no use.

She really is strong for girl.

I eventually gave up, pouted, then looked around.

We were standing slightly back from it, so the trees and bushes covered us, protecting us from view. Liam and Zayn were standing beside Gemma and I, staring as well.

It wasn't until then that I got a good look at what I was supposed to be seeing.

It was Harry and Louis in the clearing.

And it didn't look good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 1K 16
Exactly what the title says!!
517K 31.8K 52
❝What's a 'Lost Boy'?❞ ❝You're a Lost Boy!❞ ❝But... I'm not lost?❞
701K 28.7K 26
❝Marry me.❞ ❝What?❞
6.5K 490 11
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « Maybe a crazy woman, in the right moment in time, was exactly what Louis needed to mend his life and realize the things he lost...