Afterwards: A Life Is Strange...

By Jsbier

THIS IS A CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE STORY: You get to choose how you want things to go, Just like in the actu... More

Notes From the Author
Chapter 1/Episode 1: After
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20/Episode 2: Leaving
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38/Episode 3: Life Is Weird
Chapter 39/Episode 3: What If?
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Notes From the Author Pt. 2

Chapter 30

399 8 0
By Jsbier

"Chloe, you need to calm down. Take a deep breath, ok?"

"But Max, I think something else is going to happen! Something bad. I don't know what it is, but that bad vibe she was talking about wasn't a lie." I don't know why Chloe would lie about something like this, so I don't have a reason not to trust her. She trusted me when I said I could reverse time, and that seems pretty far out there. "What do you think we should do?" She asks.

"I think you might be a little stressed out. Why don't we get some donuts and talk about all of this?" I propose. She raises an eyebrow.

"Donuts? You know I love donuts, but now's not really the time for that. We might be in danger." She says to me like I'm a little kid.

"Chloe, do you really think we're in danger? Everything bad happened these last few days. I don't think anything worse can happen to us." I say. "I'm sure this is our second chance. It has to be. If life is so cruel that it will make us endure something worse than that storm, then maybe it isn't worth living." She just looks at me.

"Damn Max. That was intense." She says. "...Maybe we should get those donuts. Sounds like you need them too." I think we do. We're both still stressed out.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." We can just eat donuts, talk, and relax. She turns the truck on and drives onto the road.

"Hope there's a good donut shop in this small town." She says.
...............
I shove the last piece of my jelly filled donut into my mouth. These were good, but I'm sure if Joyce made us donuts, they would be one hundred times better. Chloe finished her's a little bit ago. Am I a slow eater? I never considered myself one.

"You alright? You seem super stressed and on edge." I do? Well, I am a little I guess.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just this whole week, you know?" She definitely understands. I think this whole thing is affecting her more than it is me.

"You can say that again. Too much shit has been happening." Exactly, just too much has been going on.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I don't know, overwhelmed I guess. Stressed out too. Our hometown was just destroyed. My house, your school. It's just too much." She says. I nod I agreement. She stares outside into the parking lot. A person walks up to the table and stands there.

"Max Caulfield?" A woman says. I look up and see the homeless woman, the one from outside of the Two Whales. Did I ever tell her my name?

"Hey, so you took my warning seriously? Not very many people would have believed me." She sits in the booth next to Chloe, and puts her hands together on the table. Chloe turns to her and just stares, then looks at me.

"What's uh, what's going on?" Chloe asks.

"This is someone I talked to before the storm hit. This, is Chloe" I informally introduce them.

"Hello." She says. "You're Joyce's daughter, right? Your mother is a very nice woman. Be good to her."

"Uhh, yeah." Chloe responds awkwardly.

"But anyways Max, of course I heeded your warning. You seemed like one of the only trustworthy people in Arcadia Bay. Your aura, it just felt trustworthy, you know?" I don't, actually.

"You can feel people's auras?" I ask. Chloe rolls her eyes and looks out the window again. You would think that after we saw that gypsy she would have started to have a more open mind, but I guess not.

"Yep. People usually think I'm crazy." She looks at Chloe. "Those people usually aren't very good people." She looks back at me. "You believe me, right?"

"Yeah, I do. There's no reason not to." I say. She smiles. She believed me about the storm.

"Good, good. Your aura feels not only trustworthy, but nice too-no, that's not the right word. What was I going to say?" She raises an eyebrow and looks up. She looks back at me. "Oh well, we're losing precious time doing that, well, I'm not." She says. Chloe turns her head towards the woman.

"Why aren't you losing time?" Chloe asks. She looks around the room, then leans in towards the table.

"Alright, I haven't told anyone this, but you ladies seem worthy. I can travel through time-well, only backwards." We both just sit there wide eyed. Holy shit, she can go back in time too? I don't see why she would lie to us. She's been nothing but nice to me.

"Really? You can-do that?" I pause mid sentence. She laughs.

"Yep. I can also taste colors!" She laughs even harder. "A little bird told me you could time travel. Is that true, Max?" Should I tell her the truth? I don't like telling too many people about that, but if I did tell her, I think she would believe me.
Tell the truth/Lie

(Truth) "Yeah. I just figured out I could a few days ago." She nods.

"Do you think you were the cause of that storm?" She asks bluntly. I don't know if I was the main cause, but it seems like I could have been.

"I don't know. I had visions of the storm, but I really don't know. I've been really confused about all of that this week."

"It's all certainly confusing to us, but the Native Americans get it. In fact, I'm pretty sure they predicted it."

"Do you know which tribe?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"No, I don't. But your teacher, Ms. Grant might. She was the one to teach me everything I know about the local history of Arcadia Bay."

"You talked to Ms. Grant?" I ask.

"Yep. I have deep respect for that woman. She really knows a lot about, well, everything. She had an answer for most of my questions."

"Most of them?" Chloe asks.

"She couldn't answer all of my questions about the Native Americans. She knows a lot about the ones from this area, but they're still very mysterious."

"So you're saying the Native Americans from this area predicted my situation?" She nods.

"Yeah. I'm still not entirely sure how they came up with something like that. Maybe they had someone that could do the same, and maybe they were in the same situation as you. You could be the reincarnate of that person." She says.
Go to next part

(Lie) "What are you talking about? I can't do that. Where did you even hear that anyways?"

"I am the eyes and ears of all of Arcadia Bay, my friend." She says with a smile. Maybe she overheard me talking to Chloe?

"So you know everything about the bay?" Chloe asks.

"Yep-well, I think I know a lot. A lot of people come and talk to me. Maybe they're bored or something, I don't know. But when they get to talking, I'm like their own personal therapist. Maybe they tell me these thing because I'm just some old homeless woman who doesn't matter, so people can just tell me anything and nobody else will ever know."

"I talked to you because I was genuinely interested in what you had to say. You seemed like a wise person." She smiles.

"That I am. I've made many mistakes in my time, and have learned a lot from them."
Go to next part

(Next part)
The older woman stands up and stats to walk away.

"Wait!" I shout. She turns around. "We're scared, we don't know what to do now, and we don't know what's going to happen." I say. "What do we do?"

"Just do the best you can. That's all I could do..." she walks out of the building. Chloe turns to me.

"If you end up like that in the future, I can't hang out with you anymore." She jokes. She did seem a little out there.

"Going crazy seems easy with everything that's happening." I say. A man walks up to our table and looks at the both of us.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. I would like to talk to you." The strange man says.

If you talk to the man, go to Chapter 35
If you leave, go to Chapter 36

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 70 6
AU: Minnie is convinced to come back to the school by Tenn and Violet. With half the Delta Members dead, and Lilly, she has nothing to loose. Until...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

159K 3.7K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
49.5K 1.2K 49
i had plans to make an actual Six fanfiction book, but I had lots of random ideas and couldn't think of an actual plot. So I decided to make a onesho...
407K 11.4K 79
[BEING RE-WRITTEN AS A NEW STORY] (A One Piece My Way Story/One Piece! Various Males X Reader) Beauty of a goddess, with the strength of a warrioress...