Harry Potter Travels To The P...

By RABrav

"You called for me professor? Is everything alright?" Harry asked. "Yes, Potter. I have a job for you. And pl... More

Ch1 - an unexpected invitation
Ch2 - A gleaming golden necklace
Ch 3 - D-Dumbledore, I er, am hon-oured to er, beinyourprescence
Ch 4 - HARRY JAMES POTTER
Ch 5 - Talking to Dumbledore
Ch 7 - Defence with the 7th years
Ch 8 - Snivellus, Detention and Map.
Ch 9 - With his white, bony fingers, he raised his wand
ch 10 - Damn, how did Parker know everything?
Ch 11 - That professor is bloody brilliant!
Ch 12 - But Harry Potter is from the future
Ch 13 - Slytherins just admitted that Griffindor was going to win
Ch 14 - Mount your brooms
1K READS!!!!
Ch 15 - Nagini can have the mudblood after you finish with her
Ch 16 - Lily's screaming and Voldemort's cold laughter
Not a chapter
Ch 17 - When and how did he get here?
THANK YOU!!!!! 😍😍😍
Ch 18 - HARRY POTTER IS DEAD
Ch 19 - We need to talk about the professor
ch 20 - A question on Patroni
Not an update..
ch 21 - My name is Harry Potter and I am from the future
ch 22 - Killed A basilisk in second year
Ch 23 - It's only because of you that I'm still alive
Ch 24 - Travelling backwards in time, bringing us back to life!
Ch 25 - The Dursleys
Ch 26 - The Zoo
Ch 27 - The letters
Ch 28 - Yer a Wizard, 'arry
Ch 29 - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Ch 30 - Written by JK Rowling

Ch 6 - Lily and James

12.7K 398 303
By RABrav

A/N
So this is the long-awaited chapter where Harry meets Lily and James! I apologise in advance for it being so short, at least I updated on time, right? And Harry will also teach the third year Ravenclaw and Hufflepufs! I know you're all waiting for Harry's lesson with the marauders, but he has to teach other year groups, too.

I'll post the next chapter sometime tomorrow, so why don't you add this book to your library and follow me, so that you get a notification every time I update? I know that you're all eager to see harry teach the marauders, and I have some good news. He will in the next chapter!!
Posted on:
17/02/18 -- 18/02/2018
RABrav

Ch 6 - Lily and James

Harry was heading back to his room when someone suddenly bumped into him.

"Oh, sorry mate," someone said.

"Potter, you need to look where you're going! And to think you're Head Boy."

Harry recognised that voice as Lily's. And if the other boy was James, these two were his parents.

"Hey, why are roaming the corridors at night after curfew? Are you a new student? I've never seen you before. And you look just like me!"

"Potter, that's no way to talk to a professor!" she hissed.

"Wait, Professor? Oh yeah I remember now, you're our new defence teacher, aren't you? Sorry professor. I didn't realise 'cause you look so young..." he trailed off. "How old are you professor?" James asked.

"Oh my God James, you can't just ask a professor how old they are." Lily smacked her forehead.

"Just turned twenty," said Harry, ignoring Lily's comment. Harry wasn't surprised at James's lack of knowledge - he saw that he and Sirius were talking through all of Dumbledore's announcements.

"Wow, that's young," muttered James.  Lily glared at him. "Bloody hell. Evans, stop looking at me like that! It's scaring me."

"Anyway, what are you both doing out of bed this late at night?" Harry asked them. If he was a teacher, he might as well do his job properly.

"Well, we are Head Girl and Boy, so James suggested that we patrolled the halls. I told him that it'll be better if we go in different directions, but he's unfortunately following me like he's my tail." groaned Lily.

"Ahh," Harry said, well aware that it was only a matter of time before his mother's feelings towards James were about to change. "Right then. I'll, well, I'll just leave you guys to it?" said Harry. "I'll get going then. See you both later in class!"

"Bye professor."

"See ya, Professor ditto-me!" James said.

"It's Professor Parker, James," Harry told him.

"Right Mr Parker. Bye!"

When Harry returned to his room, he read up on Boggarts and the Unforgivables. He was in his fourth year when Moody taught them this, but he was having to teach this stuff to seventh-year students. They must have had such a terrible teacher last year. Half an hour later, he put the book down and fell asleep.

_________________

Harry woke up the next day and was ready for his first class with the third year Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. He quickly got dressed and walked into the classroom, heart pounding slightly.

"Good morning class, I am Professor Parker," Harry began, sounding a lot braver than he felt. "Well, this lesson will be a practical one, so put all your books away. Only your wands will be needed." Harry paused.

A few curious looks were exchanged as the class put away their books. They had probably never had a practical Defense Against the Dark Arts on their first day before. Perhaps they hardly ever had one, considering that the past two teachers were probably only as capable as Lockhart. Harry wondered if their previous defence teacher had set loose a cage full of Cornish pixies or something on them, just like Lockhart had done to him.

"Right then," he said when everyone was ready. "If you'd follow me."

The class, intrigued yet confused, stood up and folowed him as he guided them out of the classroom. Harry took them to a nearby corridor, where he gestured for them to gather at the far end of a room, where only an old cupboard stood. Suddenly, the cupboard shook vigorously, surprising everyone.

"Nothing to worry about," he said, since a few people jumped when that happened. "There's a boggart in there."

Most people seemed to feel like this was something to get worried about, and whispers spread through the room.

"Who can tell me what a Boggart is?"
A few people raised their hand - Four from the Ravenclaw side, and one from the Hufflepuff side.

"Yes, Miss?"

"Diggory sir. Selena Diggory. It's a shape-shifter. It takes the form of what we fear the most. That's what makes it so scary," she answered.

"Excellent answer that was Miss Diggory. Five points to Hufflepuff." A smirk spread across Harry's face, at the power he had over the year.

"And does anyone know the common places where you are most likely to find a boggart?" Harry asked.

Again, several hands went up, particularly from the Ravenclaw side. This time however, Harry decided not to choose the eager ones who had their hands raised, but to give the others a chance to talk. In other words, he was going to pick on someone.

He walked down the isles of desks, wondering who to pick on, when a certain blond-haired Ravenclaw who was very good looking caught his attention. He appeared to be writing a note to someone, smiling to himself, revealing his perfect teeth. He then passed it to a girl sitting behind him, who blushed and giggled shyly.

There was something familiar about this boy, Harry had definitely met him before, but he couldn't place when exactly this was.

Harry walked over to where the boy was sitting and cleared his throat.

The boy didn't even acknowledge Harry at first, and instead whipped out a small mirror to quickly fix his hair, before smiling and winking at himself with a perfect smile which could have won him the Witches Weekly Most Charming Smile Award five times in a row.

With a flash, Harry finally realised who this boy was and why he'd seemed so familiar. Harry mentally groaned and felt pretty stupid for not recognising him earlier.

Passing love letters to girls. Whipping out a mirror in the middle of class to check his hair. Smiling and winking at his own reflection, admiring how adorable he was. Blonde hair. Ravenclaw house.

This guy's face was basically screaming out the words, I am the most handsome and intelligent person in the entire world. I'm so narcissistic, arrogant and vain that I worship my own portrait every day.

"Mr Lockhart," Harry said.

The boy looked up, "Yes sir, may I assist you?"

Harry fought the urge to roll his eyes. "Yes, you certainly may assist me by answering my question."

"Sorry sir, can you remind of the question again?" he was doing that stupid, charming smile again.

Harry's lips twitched slightly, trying hard to not show how badly he wanted to burst out laughing. "What are the common places, where you're likely to find a boggart?"

Lockhart blinked for a moment, before saying, "I'm offering you the chance to take a photo with me. Usually, I'd charge 5 sickles per photo but for you professor, I'm willing to do it free of charge. Perhaps one day in the future when I'm famous, you can show it all your acquaintances, show them how fortunate you are to have clicked a photo with me. They'll all drool with jealousy, I assure you."

There were snickers in the background, but Lockhart was oblivious to them.

Harry was dumbfounded. How could a guy be this self-obsessed at the age of thirteen? Blimey, even James and Sirius can't have been this bad. Lockhart hadn't even graduated, yet was already boasting that he was bound to become famous in the future...

Harry walked away before he could start laughing, not caring whether or not he had answered the question.

"Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces," he said. "Wardrobes, the gap beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks, etc. The charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires the force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a boggart is laughter.

"Boggarts tend to stay in dark and enclosed spaces," Harry spoke, as he slowly paced around the room. "For example, wardrobes and the cupboards underneath sinks.

The charm to repel boggarts is simple, but saying the incantation alone is not enough; it needs the force of the mind. The secret to defeating a boggart is laughter.

What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find funny. We will practice the charm without wands first. After me, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" said the class together.

"Good. But the incantation alone is not enough. Now, I'd like a volunteer. Who would like to face the Boggart first? There is nothing to worry about - I'll be there to help you."

One boy in Ravenclaw raised his hand.

"Your name, please?"

"Praveen Patil."

He was obviously a relative of Parvati.
"Now Mr Patil, we are first going to try and identify the boggart. What is it that you most fear?"

He thought for a moment.

"Spiders."

Harry thought for a moment and grinned. Spiders, just like his best friend Ron.

"Well, can you imagine what a spider without legs would look like? And if it had cute big eyes, and turned into a puffy pom-pom?"

He smiled at the thought.
"Funny isn't it? So imagine that, and keep that picture clear in your eye, and shout 'Riddikulus', alright?"
He nodded.

"Ready? One, two, three!"

Harry opened the wardrobe, and out crawled a large spider.

"Riddikulus!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 15.7K 79
#1 Severussnape March 17th 2019 #1 HarryPotter January 5th 2020 "Because what I want to do is wrong... and I don't trust myself enough to be seen wit...
71.8K 1.7K 24
"You promised me that you wouldn't leave." "Tom...I never left." ~.+*+.~ Fate is Cruel. Truly. What if the dark Tom Riddle was never evil from the st...
204K 5.1K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...
1.3K 118 36
What if in the year of the Marauders there was one more girl who would be worthy of being called Marauders? How would history have unfolded then? The...