Love's Sorrow (Under Edits)

Por imaginary_hero

Damian Wayne has it all. Money, girlfriend, good looks, big house and fame but he doesn't seem to care about... Más

Chapter 1: Friday Evenings
Chapter 2: Winter Wind
Chapter 3: A Night Off
Chapter 4: Gotham Gossip
Chapter 5: Popularity
Chapter 6: Control Your Rage
Chapter 7: In The Rain
Chapter 8: Backstory
Chapter 9: Night of The Clair de Lune
Chapter 10: Backstage Scandals
Chapter 11: Cafe Noir
Chapter 12: Like Father Like Son
Chapter 13: work it out
Chapter 14: maybe he will be proud?
Chapter 15: Memory of Martha
Chapter 16: grayson pays a visit
Chapter 17: happy shoppers
Chapter 18: okay.
Chapter 19| Bring donuts
Chapter 20: bird bros
Chapter 21: Ethan makes enemies
Chapter 22: I promise.
Chapter 23: results and realisation
Chapter 24: all fun and games till someone loses an eye.
Chapter 25: cat videos
Chapter 26: no more gotham
Chapter 27: mary mary quite contrary
Chapter 28: mindful milkshakes
Chapter 29: Ethan's Return
Chapter 30: rivalry gets out of hand
Chapter 31: prince's and peasants
Chapter 32: grumpy grannies
Chapter 33: lucky
Chapter 34: pink and purple
Chapter 35: not the greatest
Chapter 36: north or south
Chapter 37: lets talk
Chapter 38| Pencils are sharp
Chapter 39: Damian the good guy.
Chapter 40: There was two
Chapter 41: Grieving & Gotham
Chapter 42: recover & restart
Chapter 43: The Unexpected.
Chapter 45: That damn ocean
Chapter 46| The devil's delight
Chapter 47| action reaction
Chapter 48| The beginning of the End
Chapter 49| Till the very end
Chapter 50| Ever after

Chapter 44: metu mortis

3K 98 178
Por imaginary_hero

Diana flew back, followed by the rest of the warriors. She couldn't believe what she saw. Some of the city was in rubble.

"Nonononononono",Diana said looking around at the disaster. She ran over and helped a woman to her feet. The rest of the warriors from Diana's group helped everyone they could.

Diana continued helping until Artemis nudged her . "Diana look",Artemis looked up and pointed at the palace, at the top of the city, they're was a huge hole in the front of it.

Diana looked up and panicked. "Great Hera! No!",she took off to the palace. "Mother? Elena? Anyone?",she called desperately. There was no answer.

She moved rubble out of her way and followed the trail of destruction, "mother? Elena? Please anyone?",she cried.

"Damian! Stephanie's cooking dinner tonight. She wants to know what would you like since you're vegetarian",Tim came down to the batcave. There was no answer.

"Damian? I know you're here, you're utility belt is here and you never leave without it!",Tim called picking up Damian's  belt. Once again there was no answer.

"Damian this isn't funny.",Tim wasn't impressed. Tim walked to the lab area. No Damian. He went down to vehicles Damian sometimes make adjustments to his stuff but no Damian.

He check the dinosaur, Damian studied in there sometimes. He wasn't there either.

Tim was beginning to worry. He went to the computer and turned on Damian's tracker. It said he was in the cave.

It said it Damian was beside his locker. Tim was furious. "Damian! Seriously with everything going on, playing these damn games? Seriously?! I thought you were more mature then that!",Tim stamped over to the lockers.

Diana saw her mother straight ahead of her. "Mother!",Diana ran up to her. Hippolyta coughed. "Are you hurt?",she said worried.

Hippolyta coughed again trying to tell her something. "I tried, she took us by surprise",she coughed. "But Elena",she got out. "Where is she?",Diana said in a frenzy.

Tim looked around the corner. "I swear to god Damian",he complained. Hippolyta pointed across the room. Diana's heart sank. She saw Elena laying lifeless on the ground.  Tim saw Damian on the ground.

Everything slowed up.

Diana scrambled over to Elena. Tim scrambled over to Damian. Diana turned Elena over. Tim turned Damian over. Diana saw the noticeable white blonde streak in Elena's hair. Tim saw the symbol on Damian's forearm. It looked painfully sore. The skin around it was red and sore.

Tim could have sworn Damian was dead. He put his ear to Damian's chest and listened for his heart. Thankfully it was beating.

Elena's was too. But it was light. So was her breathing. Artemis and guards ran in. "My queen!",Artemis ran to Hippolyta.

"Damian! Damian!",Tim shook him. "Stephanie!",Tim yelled. "Stephanie!",he called even louder.

"Artemis call Superman! Call him now!",Diana yelled.

"Computer, call Stephanie!",Tim commanded. The computer called Stephanie.

Stephanie had earphones listening to PATD, while making casserole. Her phone rang and rang until it rang off.

"Dammit Steph!",Tim said annoyed. Tim tried to pick up Damian. But Damian was about the same size as Tim. Which made it nearly impossible for him to pick him up. "Computer call Bruce!",Tim commanded.

Tim put Damian in the medical area.

Bruce sat in the dim lighted room. Trying to make a decision. The best one possible. He stared at Sam. His phone started vibrating. Bruce took it from his pocket. "Tim?",he answered. "Bruce, I don't know what to do! I don't know how long he's been out for!",Tim said flustered.

"Tim, deep breath what's happening?",Bruce was worried. "It's Damian, I found him unconscious, and this weird symbol is on his arm, I don't know what happened but he isn't waking up, he isn't dead though I checked",Tim sped through stuff when he was under pressure.

"Tim I caught none of that",Bruce said sighing. "Something is wrong with Damian.",Tim said slowly. "Right I'll send Alfred home",Bruce decided.

Alfred quickly went home. He checked Damian out. He scanned the symbol on his arm. It worried Alfred. "I have no idea what this is",he sighed.

"All I do know is that, this isn't our cup of tea, we need to call in people who would know something about this",Alfred decided.

"Zatana",he announced. Tim raised an eyebrow. "Wait..so that thing on Damian's arm is magic?!?",Tim was not comfortable with magic. It was unknown and Tim feared the unknown.

"It's the only conclusion, I can come to",Alfred sighed rolling down his sleeves. "Now leave him rest",Alfred said nudging Tim on. "He's gonna be okay right?",Tim asked nervously. "I'm afraid that's for Zatana to decide.",Alfred honestly didn't know.

"Anything?",Diana asked worriedly. "Dead end",Clark sighed. "Try again!",she begged. "Diana I've scanned every file in the fortress of solitude for a solution, there's nothing there",Clark tried to tell her. "I've every scripture in theimsycra searching through archives and they haven't found anything either",Diana said looking down at Elena.

Elena was hooked up to god knows what, but whatever it was only keeping her alive . Diana and Clark stood in the fortress of solitude. Elena lay on a crystal slab with some kind of casing over her. Clark had put her in a hyper sleep.

A hyper sleep was how Clark got to earth. He was asleep the entire time. It was the safest option for now.

"What are we going to do?",Diana said sadly. "Well I've come to the conclusion of 3 options",Clark sighed.

"I'm all ears",Diana crossed her arms. "We call in people who know what they're doing, Zatana or Constantine",Clark started.

"No way, Zatana and Constantine are close allies of Bruce, he'll find out",Diana said no.

"Okay....Lex Luther had the opportunity to study Circe's magic...he might help",Clark shrugged his shoulders.

"He's your arch nemesis seriously?!",Diana looked at him sideways. "What's the 3rd option?",she didn't like the first two.

"We tell Bruce everything",Clark looked at  Diana.

"All of those are terrible options Clark!",Diana said annoyed.

"Well, if we don't do something, she'll die!",Clark reminded her.

"She'll what?",Jon said dropping the ball he'd been using to play with krypton the dog.

"Jon?!",Clark jumped.

"What did you say?",Jon asked upset. Diana and Clark looked at each other sadly.

Clark sighed. "Elena's body isn't able to handle whatever Circe did to her.",he began. "Her body began shutting down so I put her in a hyper sleep for now",Clark told him.

Jon wiped his eyes. Clark went to hug him but Jon stepped away. "If Damian finds out about this..if Bruce finds out about this, if Elena dies..it's one your hands. Both of your hands",he pointed angrily at his father and Diana.

Jon took off. Clark felt a sudden guilt. "He's right Diana",he said.

"No..its on me, this is all my fault",Diana took the blame.

There was a sudden silence and both of them looked down at Elena.

Diana face turned from sadness to determination. "Where does lex Luthor hang out usually at this time?",she looked up at Clark.

"I'll go get the car Mr. Luthor",Mercy Graves, Lex's Luthors assistant said and she walked into the mountain of cars in the underground parking lot under Lexcorp's main building in the centre of Metropolis.

"All right you do that Mercy",Lex was busy on his hologram computer to care. He waited by the elevator.

The parking lot was giving Lex an unsettling vibe. It was quiet and empty.
He continued working on his hologram computer.

Suddenly Lex heard a noise. Something coming towards him. He jumped out of the way. Wonder Woman flew straight into the elevator crushing it.

Lex thought it was Superman at first. But as the dust dispersed and angry Wonder Woman stood there. She slowly walked towards Lex. "I've done nothing wrong I swear",Lex said flustered. Wonder Woman didn't say a word but the look on her face was enough in it's self.

Mercy Graves appeared behind Lex and her arm turned into a weapon. "Duck Mr. Luthor!",Mercy yelled. Lex ducked and Mercy shot the weapon. Wonder Woman easily deflected it with her bracelets.

Wonder Woman ran at Mercy, grabbing the weapon and crushing it. "Pathetic",Wonder Woman said throwing Mercy to the ground.

Diana was about to put her sword in Mercy's head when Lex Luthor piped up.
"Wait! Don't! She's a one of a kind prototype, I won't be able to replicate her hardware or software again!",he begged.

"Tell her to stand down",Wonder Woman glared at him. He sighed. "Mercy, stand down",he commanded.

Wonder Woman got off her and Mercy stood up. "What do you want?",Lex said getting up and dusting off his suit.

"I need you to come with me.",Diana said putting her sword away. "Let me guess you're putting me in prison?",he sighed.

"No, as much as I would love to but there's a bigger matter I need you to address.",Wonder Woman told him. "What's in it for me?",he smirked. "You don't die today",Wonder Woman growled and she picked him up and flew off.

"So can I get up now?",Damian sighed. "No",Alfred said looking at the symbol on Damian's arm. "I feel fine",Damian moaned. "And there is a magical symbol that god knows does what on your arm",Alfred said examining it.

Damian growled under his breath. "When's Sam coming home from the hospital?",Damian asked. "This evening",Alfred said checking Damian's scan he'd taken earlier.

"Your vitals are alright..",Alfred said looking at them. "Alright?!? They should be perfect",Damian said looking at them.

"Zatana will be here soon, she will figure this out I'm sure",Alfred sighed worriedly.

"So this the fortress of solitude huh?",Lex said looking around. "Shut it Lex",superman glared at him.

"I'm here on peaceful terms, remember?",Lex put up his hand as if to surrender.

Diana showed Lex to the room where they were containing Elena. "We need you to help her",Wonder Woman told him.

"She's very unwell",Superman said. Lex took one look at her. "Clearly",he examined her. "She's going to die if you don't help her",Wonder Woman told him.

"We're standing in the fortress of solitude and you're telling me you can't help her?",Lex looked at them.

Wonder Woman and superman looked at each other. "She was hit by Circe's magic", Wonder Woman told him. "And you've studied it", superman pointed at him.

"Even if I could help her, why should I?",he looked at them. "Do not ignore her need for help, because of our history between each other..she is human just like you Lex, and you always say you are on the side of the humans",Wonder Woman reminded him.

Lex sighed and held the bridge of his nose he looked at Elena. "I'll need a pen and paper",he said sighing. Wonder Woman and superman looked at each other.

Superman grabbed a paper and pen and handed them to Lex. Lex wrote down a list and handed it to superman. "What's this?",superman asked. "The list of stuff I'm going to need if you want me to save this girl.",Lex crossed his arm.

Superman read it. "I can get these within an hour",he said and sped off.

"So tell me a bit about my patient",Lex said getting to work. "Well, her names Elena Smith and she's from Gotham",Diana said watching Lex.

Lex stopped and looked at Wonder Woman. "That wouldn't be the same Elena Smith that was going out with Bruce Wayne's son, who's meant to be dead?",Lex raised an eyebrow.

"She didn't die I saved her",Diana crossed her arms. "She's been kept on paradise island, safe from harm",Diana informed him. "I can see that went well...",Lex rolled his eyes.

"If I had left her in Gotham, the lunatic Joker would have killed her off months ago",Diana did not like his reaction. "I assumed she had a family?",Lex asked.
"Well..yes she did",Diana looked away.

"And you kept her all to yourself?",Lex smirked. Diana didn't like where this was going. "What are implying?",she glared at him.

"I'm just trying to comprehend why you'd separate a young girl from her family and never tell them she's been alive the whole time",Lex spoke the truth. Diana said nothing.

Lex's smile widened. "I get it now", he turned to her. "Get what?",she said trying not to sound nervous.

"You feel left out",he smiled. Diana looked at him worriedly. "I've no idea what you're on about",she looked away.

"Oh come on, batman has all his robins, which he treats like his sons. He's raised them like his own, and I think the newest robin is his blood son, and superman has superboy, and who do you have? I guess you've had Wonder girls before but they were already grown up when they became your sidekick. But I see what you did...you took Elena and made the excuse it was for the 'best' or she'll be 'safer' away from her family and with me",he smiled.

Diana clenched her fists. He was right. "Oh didn't that blonde wonder girl quit recently?",he added. He was talking about Cassie Sandsmark. Her eyes widened. Cassie had recently left the role of wonder girl, she wanted to give college her full attention.

"Don't worry I won't tell",he said getting back to work.

"Quite amazing really.",Zatana said holding Damian's forearm. "Look, just tell me is it bad or good?",he asked bored. "I have no idea what this thing says",she smiled. Alfred and Damian sighed. "Is there anything you can do?",Alfred asked disappointed. "I can tell you a few things about it",she looked at him.

"This language is one of the forgotten languages of magic, one of the oldest, so old that they stopped using it. Only old users of magic can use it.",she explained. "It's also European", she added. "Like Scandinavian?",Alfred asked. "Oh no no I studied Celtic and Scandinavian magic, this is more Mediterranean..",she looked at the symbols.

"Like Greek?",Damian raised an eyebrow. Zatana looked at it again. "Actually..that's right this is Ancient Greek..and the only sorcerer I know from around there is-",Zatana was interrupted. "Circe",Alfred sighed slightly angry.

"Circe?",Damian didn't know who this was. "Circe is a powerful witch, one of Wonder woman's most feared enemies.",Alfred explained. "Well I don't recall ever coming in contact with this witch",he said annoyed. "You did say Tim found you unconscious with this burnt onto your skin?",Zatana asked. "Well..yeah I did",Damian said embarrassed.

"She could have easily visited you and put that symbol on you and then wiped your memory of it",Zatana looked at him. "That's impossible, no one can wipe my memory",Damian said cocky.

"Master Damian this isn't the time for your narcissistic personality to get the better of you",Alfred sighed.

Before the conversation could be continued, there was knock on Damian's door. It was Tim. "Sorry to interrupt...but Sam and Bruce are home",he told them.

Damian quickly jumped out of bed. "Master Damian calm down!",Alfred wasn't able for all this stress. Damian ran out past Tim, down the flights of stairs and into the hallways. "He's excited..",Zatana said surprised. "He takes a large amount of responsibility for Sam..",Tim said.

"And Sam is?",Zatana asked. Alfred and Tim looked at each other sadly. "Sam is the brother of Elena..",Alfred started. "The girl Damian loved..but she died a few months ago,",Tim continued. "He had no family left so Bruce took him in",Alfred added.

Zatana looked at them. "Oh..right",she felt uncomfortable. "I don't know how long left we have with Sam",Tim sighed. Alfred looked at him. "What do you mean by that?",Alfred was confused.

Tim realised Bruce hadn't told Alfred that he was considering giving Sam back to his mother for Sam's safety. "Bruce didn't tell you?",Tim asked. "Tell me what?",Alfred  didn't enjoy when Bruce kept things from him.

Tim told him. Zatana decided it was time for her to leave.

"Master Bruce!",Alfred said angrily coming down the stairs. "Alfred?",Bruce said surprised by Alfred angry greeting.

"Is it true?",he said staring at Bruce. "Is what true?",Bruce was confused. Alfred looked down and saw Sam holding Bruce's hand. Sam still had paper wristband around his arm from the hospital. "We'll speak about it later",Alfred didn't want to discuss the matter in front of Sam.

"How are you feeling?",Damian asked. "My skin is still itchy.",Sam pouted. "The doctor gave me some medication to give Sam over the next week or so, that's should bring down the inflammation",Bruce told them. "And how are you?",Bruce looked Damian.

Damian held out his forearm. Bruce gave a very worried look. "Does it hurt?",he asked thinking it would be painful. "It burned for awhile but it's fine now",Damian sighed.

"Did you get a tattoo?",Sam asked seeing Damian's arm. "Yes I did",Damian lied. "Why?",Sam said looking at the weird design. "I don't know",Damian admitted.

"So what's the plan? Are you going to sue the school?",Damian asked implying about Sam's school and how they where to blame for this. "I have a meeting with the principal this Tuesday ",Bruce said. "I'll take them to court for child neglect if I have to.",Bruce was determined.

Alfred could see Sam was beyond tired. "I  think it's bedtime for you Sam",Alfred looked at Sam. "I'm not tired",Sam lied. "Damian do me a favour and put Sam to bed, I have to have a word with your father",Alfred raised an eyebrow at Bruce. Damian was put out by this. Damian had never put Sam to bed before, hell he'd never put anyone to bed before.

"How did you end up eating a peanut butter sandwich?",Damian asked walking along side Sam. "I don't know",Sam lied.

"Sam, Alfred gave you a plan cheese sandwich",Damian looked at him. "I know..",Sam looked away. "Sam..Don't think I'm dumb because I can assure you I am not dumb..what are you not telling us?",Damian raised an eyebrow.

Sam was becoming upset. "N-nothing",he said frowning. "Whatever it is, you can tell us..we're in this together",Damian reassured Sam. Damian decided to drop the subject for now, but he'd try again tomorrow. They got to Sam's room.

"Where do you keep your nightwear?",Damian asked. Sam raised an eyebrow. "Your 'pyjamas'",Damian realised his vocabulary was too advanced for Sam.

Sam walked over and took out his pyjamas from a drawer. Sam put them on himself. Damian sat on Sam's windowsill on watched Sam take care of himself. Sam was about to get into bed.

"Ahem",Damian crossed his arms and looked at Sam. Sam looked at him. "Teeth, wash them",Damian reminded him. Damian followed Sam into the bathroom. Sam pulled out his step to stand on so he could reach the sink. He stepped onto it and Damian put toothpaste on Sam's toothbrush for him.

"On the count of 3, start brushing for 2 minutes",Damian got his stopwatch out on his watch. "1,2,3 start",Damian pointed at Sam.

Sam brushed vigorously, every few seconds looking at Damian. "And stop",Damian told him.

Damian helped Sam into bed. "I have to give you this, to help get rid of that itching",Damian showed a bottle of medicine. Sam looked at it then at Damian. "I don't like medicine",Sam moaned. "You're not meant to like it, but you're meant to take it anyway",Damian rolled his eyes.

Sam closed his mouth tight. "Sam, seriously?",Damian sighed. Sam shook his head. "Fine if you won't take this..I guess the only other option is to give you an injection of the medication while you sleep",Damian smirked.

Sam's eyes widened. "If I take it, you won't give me an injection.",Sam begged. "You won't need the injection if you drink this",Damian looked at him.

"Fine",Sam pouted.

"Goodnight Sam",Damian said leaving.

"Promise if I tell you won't get mad?",Sam suddenly blurted out.

Damian turned. "What?",Damian couldn't believe it. "If I tell what happened in school you promise you won't be angry",Sam said nervously,

"I can't make any promises but tell me",Damian told him.

"There's this group of kids in my class..they aren't nice.",Sam started.

Damian pulled up a chair. "Go on",Damian prompted him. "They like to make fun of me",he said quietly.

Damian wasn't impressed. "They push me all the time,that's how I got the bruises on my arm",Sam pointed at the faded bruises. "And how I cut my knees, they tripped me in the playground",Sam pointed at his knees. "And they swapped your sandwiches?", Damian said angrily.

"I didn't see them so I don't know if it was them.",Sam wasn't sure.  "I'll kill them all",Damian said coldly. "We'll talk more in the morning",Damian nodded and left.
"Goodnight Damian",Sam called.

"Goodnight Sam",Damian called back.

"Any luck?",Diana looked at Lex. "For once, yes I think I've done it",Lex said proudly. "Really?",Diana said surprised. "Yes, all I'm missing is one last thing",he looked at Diana.

"Amazonian Blood",he smirked.

"Excuse me?",Diana raised an eyebrow. "Let me explain this to you",Lex began.

"Elena's DNA, her entire system is human or was anyway, the amount of power she's been given is overwhelming, her body isn't strong enough to become immune to it but amazons have a unique tolerance to Circe's magic. If I mix her DNA with an Amazons she should be able to have a chance of fighting it off.",Lex explained.

"Is that possible?",Diana asked. "Of course it is, I'm Lex luthor I created the first superboy mixing mine and supermans DNA, this is child's play",he scoffed.

"So would you be a dear and get some blood from one your Amazonian counterparts",Lex turned back to his computer.

"Wouldn't mine do fine?",Diana questioned. Lex looked back at her. "I've studied your DNA once or twice before and you have more then just Amazonian blood your have blood of Zeus in there too",Lex leaned back.

"I know, but would that not be better?",Diana asked. Lex smirked. "If I take your DNA she'll have the same powers of you.",he told her. "She can learn to use them",Diana looked at him. "And in theory, it would make you to blood related.",Lex smiled. Diana looked at him when it hit her. "Is that even possible?",she asked.

"I'd be taking your DNA and adding it to hers, of course it will make you blood related.",Lex rolled his eyes. "But yes it would be better if she had the blood of a god in her, I'm she'd have a greater chance of fighting and becoming immune to it.",he admitted

Diana held out her arm. "Do it",she said. "You sure?",he looked at her. "If it saves her, do it",she said convinced.

Lex took out a needle. "This may hurt since normal needles don't work on you",he shrugged his shoulders.

"I'll cut of their hands while they sleep",Damian shouted. "No you won't",Bruce told him. "I'll tie rocks to their feet and throw them off the side of the harbour and into the sea.",Damian snapped. "No you won't",Bruce told him again. "I'll stuff peanut butter down their throats and let them choke",Damian said infuriated. "No. You won't",Bruce told him again.

"How dare those little pathetic rats bully Sam", Damian said walking back and fourth. "I'll murder them and their entire families.",he schemed. "No ones killing anyone",Bruce need Damian to calm down.

"Well if we don't act first, they'll kill Sam",Damian was planning ahead. "Damian they're 5 and 6 year olds", Bruce reminded him. "Tt, when I was 5, mother had me take out a fleet of her best assassins",Damian said with pride. "That's not something to be proud of Damian",Bruce looked at him. "Well, My point is, just because they're children doesn't excuse their actions",Damian said angry.

"Ill go into the school and talk with the teachers and they'll call the parents",Bruce said trying to be civil.

"Father, they knew Sam was allergic to nuts! They knew it could kill him.!",Damian thought his father wasn't taking this seriously.

"You don't think I know that?",Bruce said slightly irritated. "If this happens again, there will be serious consequences",Bruce wasn't kidding. "If you play mr. Nice guy it will happen again",Damian was having none of it.

"If anything happens to Sam, you won't be able to stop me",Damian threatened. Bruce's glare was uncertain.

"I need to tell Alfred, on that note where is Alfred?",Damian looked around. "Gone to bed.",Bruce said clicking on the bat computer.

Damian gave a confused look. "It's not even midnight?!",Damian didn't understand. "We may have had a slight disagreement",Bruce didn't look from the computer.

"You two had a fight?!",Damian laughed. "It must have been something really bad if Alfred decided to call it a night",Damian was intrigued but found it funny.

Bruce turned to Damian. The face Bruce made, caused Damian to regret his joking. Bruce looked upset more then angry.

"Whoa, father I was joking..I mean everyone fights, like I've had to get used to you and mother fighting I mean it hurts but It's normal",Damian thought Bruce was upset over his fight with Alfred.

Bruce sighed and pointed at the bat computer. "I was going to tell you later",Bruce sighed sadly. Damian looked up and read the email on the bat computer.

"It's from Elena's mother?",Damian said reading it. He stepped back when he saw what his father meant.

She wanted Sam back.

"Now there's a few things we need to discuss before I give her this", Lex said holding up concoction he'd brewed.

"First of all, Circe's powers are always linked to emotions. Meaning so are Elena's. As long as she doesn't have a complete meltdown like she's really really sad or really really angry, you have nothing to worry about, but non the less she's a 16 year old teenage girl so the ol hormones maybe an issue going forward",he stated.

"So what if she does become upset?",superman asked.

"Well...then everything backfires, Circe's power will become immune to the Amazonian DNA and we will be back to square one. But this time I won't be able to help you.",he admitted.

"And she'll start to die again.",he added.

"But it will be much slower, it'll take a few months for her to wear out", he told them.

There was silence.

"So are you sure you're okay with this?",he asked.

"We don't have much of a choice",Diana admitted.

He injected the needle into Elena's neck. Then into her arms and her spine.Lex stood back.

Jon, Diana, Clark and lex all stood waiting for something to happen.

"Is something meant to happen?",superman asked. "Wait for it...",Lex watched.

Elena's eyes shot open. She sat up quickly gasping for air. "Oh great Hera",Diana said stunned. Elena looked down at her hands shaking. Then she turned and saw superman, superboy, Wonder Woman and Lex luthor staring at her.

"Gah!",she jumped with the fright and fell off the crystal slab. "Anddd she's back",Jon sighed.

Elena rubbed her head. "How do you feel?",Lex helped her up. "Weird? What happened?",she was completely clueless. "It's a long story",Diana smiled.

Elena turned to Diana. "I'm sorry",Elena said. "You don't have to be sorry I'm the one who should apologise this is all my fault",Diana hugged her.

"Now since everyone's happy..may I please go home now?",Lex luthor asked. "Thank you lex. Under all that toughness you are a good man.",Clark told him. "I'll remember that the next time you're beating me and my inventions to a pulp",Lex sighed.

"What do you mean he has to go?!",Damian yelled. "His mother wants him to be there when Samuel, Sam's father dies", Bruce explained. "I think that's a very immature thing to do, I thought a child wasn't meant to traumatically scarred for the rest of his life",Damian yelled infuriated.

"I was going to take him to his mother anyways", Bruce admitted. Damian was shocked. "You were what?!?",he nearly screamed. "Damian keep your voice down",Bruce said rubbing his head.

"Why? He's happy here!",Damian didn't bring his voice down if anything it went up. "I don't know how to raise a 5 year old!",Bruce yelled back.

"You've done a damn good job of raising the 4 of us", Damian yelled. "You were all half raised by the time I got to you, including you", which broke Bruce's heart.

"The child needs his mother, and what time is left with his father, Damian",Bruce tried to make him see. "Believe me, if I had the chance to see my parent again I'd-",Bruce was interrupted. "We know, you'd take the chance",Damian always knew.

They're was a silence. "He's all I have left",Damian said quietly. Bruce looked at Damian. "I've had such little joy in my life, she brought some and now she's gone, and now Sam's gone to",he looked up at his father with his sad lonely eyes.

"Damian..",Bruce remembered Damian's upbringing. "Never mind I'm gonna go break some drug dealers nose",Damian took off.

"I suggest you stay on the island for a little longer",Diana said as Elena pinched herself and she didn't feel a thing. The two were back on the island. "Elaborate on 'longer'",Elena sighed. "Until you've learned how to deal with your news strengths",Diana said. "And to make sure I'm in the clear and not dying anymore?",Elena added. 

"That as well",Diana said.

Megaera ran in. "Elena!",she said holding a book. "I think I know why a streak of your hair turned that colour",she explained.

Megaera flipped through the pages. "It says hear 'when blonde hair gets a lot of sunlight it can become lighter'",she read out load.

"Don't think that's it",Elena sighed.

"You were kissed by angels?", Megaera started. "Nope",Elena said.

"You are related to the sun",Megaera read another theory. "Don't think that ones right either", Elena shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh how about this one?, The gods play a game and choose two contestants, one from the living and one from the dead, the one from the living will have hair "blonder then sunlights rays" and the one from the dead will have hair "more red then hades blood" the two fight it out until one is defeated, if the living contestant wins the world stays bright, if the dead contestant wins the world goes dark and evil has its choosing",Megaera called out.

Elena looked at Diana then at Megaera with a concerned look. "I don't know where you got that, but that's the most randomist thing I have ever heard",Elena admitted.

Diana left Elena and Megaera for mans world. Elena and Megaera watched. "You think I'll be able to fly?",Elena asked watching Diana fly. "Unpredictable",Megaera answered.

"You're taking this all very well",Megaera turned to her. "Whatcha mean?",Elena asked. "You heard Diana, you were dying! And if you don't keep your emotions in check you could die!",Megaera freaked.

"When you put it that way..",Elena twisting a flower in her hand nervously. "Of course I'm terrified",she looked at Megaera. Megaera could see Elena was scared. "My whole life has been turned upside down",she added. "I went from someone who knew how to play the piano to Damian fricking Wayne's girlfriend to  a dead girl to the first fully human girl to live on this island to a dead girl again and now I'm an actual amazon with this hidden power that can kill me, and in theory I'm now Wonder woman's blood relation, if that's not complicated I don't know what is",she said angrily.

"Wait go over this again with me, you're making this sound more complicated", dick said.

Bruce sighed. "I'm taking Sam tomorrow morning back to his mother and father, how is that complicated?",Bruce asked.

"I'm also confused about the fact that Damian hasn't spoke to anyone other Sam since you told him",dick added.

"That's why I need you to stay here while I fly out with Sam.",Bruce explained. Dick took a bite out of his apple.

"Damian ain't coming with you?",dick asked. "Are you kidding, he won't let Sam go, beside I need him here while I'm gone",Bruce explained.

"Keep Damian busy and take his mind off the whole topic while I'm gone",he added.

"Why me?",dick wondered. "Because you're the last person left that he'll actually listen to", Bruce admitted.

"Damian is picking Sam up from school today and walking him home",Alfred announced.

Bruce turned around. "By himself?",Bruce asked. "Yes, he asked specifically for just him to do it since it his last time",Alfred said slightly sad.

"I didn't see any harm in it",Alfred shrugged his shoulders.

Damian waited for Sam to come out from school. He had his sleeves slightly rolled up and realised the symbol on his arm was quite visible so he quickly pulled down his sleeves to hide it. A"Damian!",Sam called excitedly at the sight of Damian waiting for him. He ran to Damian. "Hello Sam",Damian smiled slightly.

All the other kids started pouring out of the school. Sam looked across the yard and spotted the boys that had been bullying him. He tugged Damian's shirt. "That's them", he pointed at the group of 6 year old boys as the pushed a little girl to the ground and one stole her school bag and threw it across the yard.

Damian glared at them. One looked hauntingly familiar. One boy seemed to be running the show and the rest followed like parrots copying the main boy's every move. The boy had blonde hair, like Sam's   but Sam's was curly and was a good length, this kids had it cut tightly and spiked up and had tanned skin, but lighter then Damian's.

Damian sworn he'd seen him before.

And he had never been so right. The kid turned and ran at none other then Ethan summers. The boy jokingly punched Ethan and Ethan pretended to be injured.

"You've got to be kidding me..",Damian growled. "What's the kids last name?",Damian asked. "Summers",Sam said and Damian was not impressed.

Ethan was now much taller then Damian. He wore the Gotham city community high school uniform, since he'd been kicked out of the academy. This school was for the normal average working families.

The boy looked at Sam and stuck his tongue out at him and Sam gave a very disgusted look back at him. Ethan followed his brothers eyes and saw Damian.

Damian death glared him and held Sam's hand tightly. Ethan smirked. He took his brothers hand and walked over to Damian.

"Long time no see",Ethan laughed. Damian didn't say a word. "Oh come on! What happened was in the past! Don't tell me your still holding onto that grudge?",he smirked.

Damian just glared at him. Making it obvious that he was still holding a grudge. Ethan's little brother stared at Sam. Sam was very uncomfortable. "How many brothers do you have? Like 100?",Ethan joked.

Sam looked up at Damian. Damian was about to snap. "We're leaving",Damian didn't want Sam to see him beat Ethan to a pulp.

He began to drag Sam away. "Oh come on!",Ethan called. "I heard Elena would think you've got not guts!, she wouldn't like you being rude, but in her good manner she'd forgive you, and that's probably what got her killed",he teased.

Damian closed his eyes and kept walking with Sam. "You're as horrible as your brother! You hear me? Don't say my sisters name again or I'll-I'll-!",Sam yelled at Ethan. "Enough Sam",Damian said quietly. "I'll just put peanut butter in your sandwich again, this time I'll put twice as much so it should keep your mouth shut for good!",the little boy shouted at Sam. Ethan fell around laughing.

Sam realised Ethan's brother had put the peanut butter in his sandwich and now had confirmed it.
"Damian! He did it! Ethan's brother did it!",he yanked at Damian's arm. Damian just kept walking. "Damian listen to me! He was saying mean things about Elena",Sam said getting upset.

Damian stopped. Sam was panting from walking at Damian's fast angry pace. "Damian! I wanna go back!",Sam moaned.

"It doesn't matter",Damian said walking slower. "I don't get it",Sam was confused. "It doesn't matter what they say or what they think",Damian explained. "He's gonna be in school tomorrow! He's going to hurt me again",Sam said worried. "No he won't",Damian said quietly.

"You won't be in that school ever again",he said even more quieter.

"The flight leaves at 9am tomorrow morning. ",Bruce said zipping his suitcase closed. "I'll be gone for 2 days at the most",he added. "I want to come with",Damian begged. "I need you in Gotham",Bruce didn't look at him.

Damian glared furiously at his father. "Don't look at me like that, its out of my hands",Bruce still didn't looked at him. "Nothing is ever out of your hands father",Damian walked out.

Elena faintly remembered what Hippolyta said before Circes attack. She was showing her some kind of mirror gifted to her from the gods.

Elena was curious. So she went back to it with Hippolytas permission.

"Show me Samuel Smith my father",she requested. She had her fingers crossed that he was still alive.

But she soon took that back. The mirror showed her father or what was left of him. Elena could hardly recognise her own father. He was half the weight he was last time she saw him. His skin was an awful sickly white. His eyes had sank into the back of his head. Elena's eyes filled up with tears. Then she remembered she had to control herself. She ran off.

Megaera couldn't find Elena. She checked everywhere. She was beginning to worry. She asked around. A bunch of women said she'd just been with them helping repair some buildings after Circes attack.

She went to the harbour and a woman said she'd helped her prepare the boats to go fishing that morning. But refused to go fishing with them as she didn't like the sea.

Soon she had the entire island practically searched. The sun was beginning to go down. Megaera finally found Elena up on a hill by herself. She watched Elena from a distance.

Elena held a large stone in her hand. She tighten her grip on the stone. It began to crack and soon she had crushed it. She turned to the larger rock she had been sitting on. She picked it up. She found it weightless but an average human wouldn't be able to budge it. She seemed frustrated by this and put the rock down.

She sat on the rock again and put her head in her hands. Megaera slowly walked up to her. "You've been missing all day.."Megaera started. Elena didn't turn around. "Leave me alone Meg..",Elena sniffed. "I'd prefer to comfort you..",she smiled.

She sat down beside Elena. "You wanna talk?",Meg smiled. Elena didn't say anything. "Like you said earlier...its complicated.",Meg added.

Elena looked up at her. "I just wanna go home",she cried quietly. "I want to be with my family, I want to go to school again, I want to see Damian again, is that too much to ask?",she cried. "Well at this current moment...yes",Megaera shrugged her shoulders. Elena laughed slightly. "I hate you..you know that right?",Elena joked. "Figure of speech?",Megaera questioned.

"Elena, Diana isn't doing this because she hates you..she's doing it to protect you",,Megaera reminded her. "I know",Elena sighed. Megaera put her arm around Elena. "I'm coming with you when you leave, I want to travel and study man's worlds cultures",Megaera smiled.

Elena couldn't believe what she'd just heard. "Really? You'd come with me?",she asked.

"Of course! You can show me around",Megaera laughed. "You and Steph would get along great! And we could go shopping and do everything together",Elena dreamed.

Megaera was excited as Elena. "Yes together",Megaera promised. The two laughed until the sun was down entirely.

"Stay beside me Sam",Bruce said as the two of them walked down a street in London.

Bruce had found out that, the American government moved Elena's parents to London from Sweden. He didn't know why and this pissed him off.

Sam was so excited. He skipped and jumped over puddles. This was an adventure in his eyes. He didn't know why he was here.

"Are we there yet?",he asked for the 7th time. "No, we will be soon",Bruce answered. "Where are we even going?",Sam skipped. "It's a surprise", Bruce hadn't told him.

"Why was Damian and Alfred sad when we left?",Sam asked. "Damn you're an observant kid",Bruce mumbled.

It was a dull day in London. The sky threatened to rain. Sam and Bruce came to a small cafe, across the road from the Holy Trinity Hospice.

Before they could go inside, Bruce saw Elena's mother waiting inside for them. The past months had not been kind to her. For a young woman she had a grey streak in her hair. She was very tired, you could see it in her eyes. The stress of losing Elena had aged her and Elena's fathers current state didn't help.

She saw Bruce outside and she quickly came out to them. When she saw Sam she grabbed him and hugged him tightly. "Mom?!",Sam was in disbelief.

"Oh my baby oh my god you're okay thank god you're okay I've missed you so much.",she cried.

Bruce stood back he didn't want intrude in the family reunion.

Sam was in shock. She held his head in her hands. "look at you've gotten so big!",she laughed as she sobbed.

"Where did you go?",Sam asked crying. "That's doesn't matter, all that matters is that I'm back okay?",she cried.

"Where's dad?",he asked looking around, he'd always been close with him. Elena's mother froze. She swallowed nervously.

"Can I see him?",Sam asked. "Not now, visiting hours are over.",she smiled weakly.

She stood up and smiled at Bruce. "Thank you mr. Wayne, you really are a great man",she smiled.

"Please Bruce will do fine",he insisted. "Are you staying?",Sam asked Bruce.

Bruce bent down to his height. "I have to get back to the boys and Alfred",he announced. "Can mom and dad come visit us sometime?",Sam asked. His mother looked down at him confused.

Bruce got what he meant. Sam didn't realise this was the last time he'd be seeing Bruce.

"I'm afraid you're staying here with your mom",Bruce broke the news. Sam's face showed his response. "But I want you to stay with me to",he became upset.

8 months of living with them, Sam had found a new home and new family. Bruce didn't know how to react to Sam's statement. Neither did his mother.

"Elena is back in Gotham, I want to visit her like Damian does",his eyes filled up.

Elena's mother looked away bitter at the sound of her daughters name.

"Sam I gotta go, you'll be good okay?",Bruce felt horrible. "Nono please don't leave everyone has gone away from me please don't leave to",he cried holding Bruce's coat.

Bruce didn't know what to say. He remembered being the very same way to Alfred after his parents died. He saw a lot of himself as a child in Sam.

Bruce looked up to Elena's mother. She was crying, as expected. "Look could you stay the night and we'll figure it out in the morning.?",she sighed tiredly. Bruce could hear her heartbreaking over the fact that her son wanted to be Bruce more then her.

"I own the hotel down the block, I'll stay there for the night",Bruce decided. "I'm on the rotation tonight to watch Samuel so-",she wiped her eyes. "He can stay with me",Bruce finished. She smiled sheepishly. "You can see dad tomorrow morning, pumpkin okay?",she smiled at Sam.

"So Bruce has left you a list of objectives he needs done while he's away",dick said leaning against the bat computer. "You can start with a sweep of the harbour to make sure there's no illegal importing or exporting, the you can make your way to riddlers area of Gotham and make sure his goons are behaving themselves after that there's been issues with inmates at the asylum, just check with security if they need help, Jon is meeting you there and then both of you are heading to metropolis for the investigation about Lex Luthors disappearance a few days back, although he's back we still need answers and he refuses to talk so finally you can-",dick heard a vehicle take off.

He sighed. It was Damian, he'd taken off. "He didn't take note of any of that did he?",he looked at batcow. "Moo",batcow chomped down on some hay.

Damian had his own mission in mind.

"Move it lady",Ethan shoved his way past an old crippled woman as he walked out of a convenience store. He was annoyed, his fake ID didn't work out so he couldn't get any cigarettes or alcohol so he got a supply of sugary sweets to last him the week.

Ethan had strayed away from home for a few hours. The constant silence from his busy overpaid parents had become unbearable, and his bored little brother hogging the flat screen with his video games.

His patents didn't even notice he was gone. He didn't care anymore, he'd stopped along time ago. His parents just didn't have time for kids. His father was a huge real estate agent that owned housing estates all around Gotham including Elena's old one. His mother was a lecturer on economics in French in a few fancy universities.

And yet he couldn't pass his English class test.

A beggar on the street looked up at Ethan. His sign said 'spare change or food?'. The man had a little boy beside him probably his son. They were freezing. They had a beaten up can in front where people could drop in some money. Ethan had about $48.27 change in his pocket and he certainly wasn't stuck for it and if he'd any heart he'd give it to them.

But of course Ethan summers is the Joffrey Baratheon of this entire story.

He kicked the can as if it was a soccer ball sending it sky high. The man watched as the coins flew everywhere most of them falling into the drain and down into the sewers. "No!",the man cried as he tried find what was left.

Ethan sniggered as he walked on sucking on a green apple flavoured lollipop.

The man sat back down by the wall with kid and sighed sadly. He picked up the beaten can and placed it back.

Ethan whistled as he felt his ego boost by a mile. He passed an alleyway and as he passed something swooped in from a rope kicking him into the alleyway.

It was a very angry Robin.

Ethan went flying into a pile of trashcans. Ethan didn't know what hit him. But when he looked up he was greeted with the white eyes hooded robin.

"Ethan Summers",he growled. "Robin? What the hell do you want ?I ain't killed no one",he said getting up. Robin kicked him down again. "Dude what's your problem?!?",Ethan shouted.

"Your days of picking on people are over.",he said glaring at him. "Oh please, batman sends you to deal with kids, it's very proving that he trusts you.",Ethan nagged.

"You motivated Lola Franklin into her psychotic mind set! Instead of helping her you pushed what was left of sanity away causing her to rampage Gotham academy, plant bombs all over Gotham...and murdered Elena Smith.",Robin explained.

"That's BS, she was hangin out with Joker he drove her nuts like he did to the Harley Quinn girl",Ethan denied. "Yeah but you knew she was hanging with the joker..you knew everything..you could have stopped her",Damian pointed at him.

Ethan kept quiet. "She told you everything..about the bombs about her plan to kidnap Elena Smith",Robin snapped.

"I told her it was a bad idea I didn't think she'd go through with it okay?!",Ethan yelled.

"No it's not okay Elena Smith is dead because of you",robin snarled.

"She had it coming! She always was in the middle of everything!",Ethan shouted panicked.

"Like the time you tried to hurt her and you got your ass kicked?",Robin got closer.

Ethan moved back. "H-how do you know about that?!",Ethan asked.

"This is batman's city and I'm his robin. I know everything and everyone in this city",Robin got closer and he took out his katana.

"Well if you're batman's robin you won't kill me cuz he doesn't kill",Ethan said looking at his sword.

"I don't think he'll mind if I get rid of one small rat",robin said smirking.

There was no where for Ethan to run. "I-ill..I'm-m warning you- I'll-",Ethan stuttered. "You'll what? Lock me in a room like you did to Damian wayne, try to hurt me like you to Elena smith, get your little brother to put peanut butter in a kid whose allergic to nuts sandwich?",Robin told him.

Ethan was in shock. Robin thrusted his sword toward Ethan's head. Ethan flinched knowing it was the end of his wicked line. He closed his eyes shut.

Nothing happened. "TT coward",robin scoffed. The sword had pinned Ethan to the wall through his hood of hoodie.

"Told you, you wouldn't kill me, if anything you're the real coward.",Ethan just couldn't keep quiet.

Robin sighed. "I'm going to give you a choice, admit to everything you did, apologise and stop your freakish brother from bothering Sam smith, or deal with the worst thing you'll ever face",Robin gave him a choice.

"I'm not apologising for any crap",Ethan said trying to get free of the sword. Robin smirked. "You're right I won't kill you, I've sworn to batman I'd never kill anyone again",he started.

"You got that right looser, now let me go",Ethan moaned. "So you're going with option 2?",robin asked. "Ugh what are you gonna do, call your mommy?, Ethan teased.

"He doesn't need to I'm already here",a voice said from the darkness. Robin smirked and crossed his arms.

This was going to be interesting

Talia dropped down from the roof top followed by 4 assassins at each side of her. "You must be Ethan Summers",she smirked. Talia was draped in league of assassins armour.

"What the hell is this?",Ethan said looking at the men dressed in black at either side of Talia.

"This is the option you choose",Robin shrugged.

"Deal with him",Talia ordered. The men closed in on Ethan. "Get away from me! I'm warning you!",he cried.

Talia and robin walked out of the alley leaving a screaming Ethan with the ninja guys. "I see you took up my offer",Talia smirked. "You did say if I ever needed a hand",robin shrugged.

"You could have easily dealt with him",Talia looked at him. "Believe me he's tougher to crack then he looks mother, plus father would ground me",robin admitted.

"Well he won't bother you or that Sam boy again",Talia reassured him. Robin looked down. "Sam's gone as well",he sighed sadly.

Talia put her hand on Damian's shoulder. "You are stronger then this my son",she smiled.

"My lady what should we do with him"?",the men came out holding a ghost once called Ethan.

"Kill him",Talia ordered.

Ethan started crying. "No please no I've learnt my lesson I swear!",he begged for mercy. The man took out a blade and put it to his throat.

"Mother no!",robin demanded. "Men never change my son",Talia reminded him.

"I called you to teach him a lesson not to kill him",robin reminded her.

She contemplated for a moment. "Ugh fine, take him to his home ",she ordered.

Ethan grabbed onto Robins arm. "No please where are they taking me? Please help me!",he ripped robins sleeves as the men dragged him away. "I've learned my lesson I'll be good from now on.!",he cried as the men took off with him.

Robin looked at the symbol on his arm through the ripped fabric.

Talia spotted it.

"What's that?",she said grabbing his arm.
"Nothing",he yanked his arm away quickly and hid it under his cape.

"Show it to me",she demanded.

Robin knew there was no fighting the matter. He slowly gave her his arm.

"Where did you get this?!",she studied it. "Don't know",Damian shrugged his shoulders.

"I should have never let you stay with your father",she said panicked. "Mother we're still figuring out what to do about it",Damian hadn't seen her like this before.

"My child, this symbol, I've seen before",she explained. "Your point?",he asked. "You need to get rid of it.",she commanded.

"Yeah I know that I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it",robin rolled his eyes.

"It's Ancient Greek",Talia glared at it. "Knew that",Damian sighed.

"No wait...it's Amazonian",Talia realised. "Wait seriously?",Damian said surprised.

"Have that Wonder Woman take you to her island, they will know everything about this",Talia told him.

Soon Talia left, and promised the same offer, if he needed anything she'd be there. She was trying her best to make up for what she'd done and it was very obvious.

Robin took another look at his symbol worriedly. Maybe he should be more alarmed by this but frankly he wasn't.

The little boy coughed and the her father snuggled him up beside him. The same pair that Ethan had kicked their only money into the sewers.

He was worried they wouldn't last the upcoming winter, all of gotham's shelters were overflowing as it was.

Robin appeared. The little boy gasped. Robin had four blankets, two hot meals, a coat and 2 hats.

"Hello",he tried to look friendly.

After the man had thanked Damian for the millionth time, and Damian had apologised for what Ethan did, Robin dug into his utility belt and took out a check book.

"I'm afraid this is all I have right now",he handed it to the man. The man was in complete shock. "Kid, I can't take this",he felt bad. "No you need it more then I do",robin refused his return. The man started to cry.

"It should be enough to get you started on your feet",robin said and he took off. The man thanked him again. He'd given him $1000. He didn't think his father would mind.

Robin returned to the manor and handed dick a list as he walked by. Before dick could give out to Damian for not doing what Bruce had left him he looked at the list. All of this jobs Bruce had given Damian had been done.

"Oh for cryin out loud",dick couldn't believe it.

"Shh",Elena's mother looked at Sam as they walked down the deathly quiet hall.

Bruce walked behind them, taking in the area around him. The hospice was too quiet even for Bruce, it made him unnerved.

Doctors and nurses passed staring at Sam sadly. They hated the thought that a child so young had to be in such a place.

They came to Sam's father's room. Bruce didn't dare to go another step...neither did Sam.

Suddenly the confidence had disappeared and Sam was left shy and nervous when he saw what remained of his father lying in a bed hooked up on machines that Sam had once seen in the hospital bay of the bat cave.

Samuel tipped his head sideways and saw Sam. His eyes lit up. "Hey kiddo",he smiled weakly.

Claire slowly tugged Sam along into the room. Sam just stared. "You've gotten so big",he laughed softly.

"Come ere kiddo",Samuel opened his arms. Claire lifted him into the bed with Samuel. "Oh man I've missed you",he put arms around Sam. Sam curled up beside his dad. "I missed you too",he said quietly.

Claire left them for a few minutes alone. She went outside and stood with Bruce. "This will drain Samuels energy.",Claire sighed. "I don't think he'll mind",Bruce admitted.

"Sam really likes you",Claire smiled weakly. "That's an over exaggeration",Bruce didn't want to admit.

"Samuel is making me ask you this",she crossed her arms. Bruce looked down at her. "..where is Elena's...grave",Claire's voice cracked. "Wayne cemetery, where my parents are buried",Bruce reassured her. "And Damian's mother...",Bruce added, that's what he told everyone.

"Oh I didn't know",Claire was surprised by the last part. "It's okay, it's a touchy subject for Damian",Bruce wanted to drop it.

"He's requested to be you know ...buried beside her",she said nervously. "You don't even have to ask Claire",Bruce knew what she was hitting at.

"Ugh I hate even talking about this",she said looking in the door at Sam's and his father. "I understand",Bruce really did.

There was silence. "You should have seen his face when he found out Elena had died",she sighed sadly looking in the door.

"His little girl..my little girl..murdered at the hands of a once school bully",she had an angry touch in her voice.

Bruce understood her pain.

"I better head off",Bruce thought he was becoming an obstruction.

"Just wait a moment",Claire smiled but it was the saddest smile yet.

"Samuel wants to speak to you",she said.

"I miss Elena",Sam sighed quietly. "I know buddy,me too",Samuel said softly.

"I know your sick",Sam said feeling his dads boney hand.

"You've always been to smart for your own good",he coughed laughing.

"I know you're going away",he looked up at his dad. "I don't have a choice",Samuel said quietly. "Neither did Elena",Sam added.

Samuel stiffened. "Everyone's leaving me and I don't know why",Sam explained. "When Elena died, you and mom left me but Bruce and Alfred took care of me",he added.

"We didn't have a choice buddy, we hated that we had to leave you",Samuel felt horrible.

"It's okay I forgive you",Sam pouted.

"Promise me something",Samuel said beginning to get upset.

"Promise me you'll be good..promise me you'll be a good person",he said squeezing Sam tightly.

"Like batman?",Sam added.

"Yeah like batman",he laughed through his tears.

Claire took Sam out of the room.

Bruce sat down beside Samuel. "Ha last time we met I do believe I was vomiting in a bathroom",he coughed.

"Samuel I-",Bruce was stopped.

"Take this",he said picking up a brown envelope as if it was a brick and handing it to Bruce.

"What is it?",Bruce asked.

"He's a good kid and he deserves a good life with a father",he said weakly.

Bruce looked down at the envelope and back at Samuel. "Samuel I can't I wouldn't",Bruce knew what it was.

"We've signed the papers all you need to do is sign it",he coughed.

Bruce was speechless.

"Protect him with your life",Samuel added and held out his hand. "It's been an honour meeting such a man like yourself Bruce Wayne",Samuels voice was gravely.

Bruce shock his hand. "The honour was all mine",he said smiling faintly.

"No one will ever hurt Sam, I can promise you that",Bruce swore.

Sam ran in and chatted with his father for the last time.

"I've been offered a us government job, the head of a nurses unit for an operation called 'suicide squad' and I'll be based here in London, no place for Sam...so you take care of my baby like he is you own or god help me Bruce Wayne",Claire threatened.

Bruce was genuinely afraid of Claire.

"Oh and congratulations",Claire tried to lighten up.

Bruce raised an eyebrow. "Selina Kyle and I've kept in contact or should I say Selina Wayne?,she looked at him

"We aren't married yet",Bruce nearly cracked up. "Haven't told my boys yet",he added nervously.

Sam skipped out. "Love you daddy!",he called waving back at his dad.

Samuel waved gently as he tears fell from his eyes. Sam had never called him that it was always dad because Elena always called him dad.

Claire bent down and held Sam's face. "Be good for Bruce",she warned.

She hugged him goodbye. "Love you",she said kissed the top of his head one more time as Sam took Bruce's hand and they left.

~~
The sunlight was getting to strong for Elena to ignore. She moaned annoyed and slouched out of bed and did her usual morning routine.

She fixed her hair into a ponytail and looked in the mirror. She noticed a few changes. Her eyes had turned from her father's greyish blue eyes to an ocean blue, similar to Diana's.

She wasn't impressed. She was becoming more of an amazon then a kid from Gotham everyday. She couldn't understand what lex Luther had done.

She looked again and spotted her scar under her eye. It was a slight red compared to her skin. It had stopped healing so Elena had come to the conclusion that it wasn't going away anytime soon.

She could see the icey blonde streak in her hair that scared her.

She sighed sadly and took the news clipping she had of Damian standing proudly with the titans that Jon had given her. She smiled hoping that soon enough she'd be able to see him again, then a twist in her stomach caused her to relapse.

What if he didn't like Elena anymore?
What if he was freaked out by Elena now?
What he'd forgotten her and moved on?
What if he didn't accept her?
What if had a girlfriend?!?

She hadn't thought of that. Now she wished she didn't.

Later on that morning, Megaera and Elena sat in the palace library, Megaera's second home. "Hold still! Elena!",Megaera laughed. "I am staying still!",Elena said turning.

"How the Hera am I meant to capture your portrait if you keep giving me frontal view?!",Megaera said dropping her pen. Megaera was a scripture and as a scripture she had collect as much data as possible and write it into a book, currently Megaera was writing a piece on Elena and was drawing her so in the future the amazons would have an idea of what she looks like.

"I'm not done so stop fidgeting",Megaera said trying not laugh. "I'm trying!",Elena said moving again. Megaera flipped the pen. "Okay let's take a break",she said completely done with life.

"Had Elena come for breakfast?",Diana walked in, in her Wonder Woman gear. "Yes, 2 hours ago and she's currently in the library with Megaera.",Hippolyta answered.

"Oh",Diana said surprised. "Off to man's world?",Hippolyta asked. "Afraid so, I don't when I'll be back",Diana sighed.

"Maybe you should take young Elena with you?",Hippolyta wondered. "Not happening",Diana looked away. "It is her world, she should be given the right to protect it",Hippolyta raised an eyebrow. "It's to dangerous, she's already cheated death once",Diana looked at her mother.

"But now things are different, she's different, more then we understand, more then she understands",Hippolyta sat back.

"What's that meant to mean?",Diana glared.

"You made her our blood, so start treating her like our blood.",Hippolyta reminded her.

"Only in theory",Diana added. "Still blood is blood",Hippolyta looked at her.

"You want to give me a reason, why Ethan summers checked into arkhams youth counciling last Thursday?",batman said as the two sat in the batjet.

Robin pouted. "Dammit I'm dead",robin said to himself. "He must have realised he's troubled",robin smiled guilty.

Batman gave him an unconvincing stare.
"Not buying it huh?",robin looked at him.  Batman shook his head.

"Ugh fine I ambushed him and threatened him",Damian told the truth. "So why did your mother get involved",batman knew everything.

"She wants to save our relationship? So she may tagged along.",Robin told him.

"So you two bonded over beating a school bully?",batman said.

"Well..yes",robin realised how odd that sounded.

Batman sighed. "You get a lot from me..but that..that's your mothers side",batman said simply.

"How long more?",Damian asked trying to change the subject.

"Another 5 to 10 mins",batman told him. "But first I need to make a call",he said connecting to his communicator.

Diana's communicator went off. It was batman. She accepted the call.

"Bruce, I'm just leaving now for the watchtower",Diana reassured him.

"That's not why I was calling",he told her.

"Oh is everything alright?",Diana asked. "I need a favour",Bruce said bluntly.

"I need you to grant me access to your island",Bruce announced. Diana nearly choked. "Bruce it's forbidden",she told him. "Then how come Clark and Jon have been on the island a few times in the past months?",Bruce smirked.

"Justice league work",Diana panicked. "I thought it was forbidden",Bruce reminded her. Diana sighed annoyed at the fact he was using her own words against her.

"Please Diana this is serious, I never ask you for anything",Bruce told her. He wasn't wrong.

"Fine. I'll make the island visible for 5 minutes if you're not here in five minutes you're on your own",she could feel the worry creeping onto her.

"We'll be there in two",Bruce told her. "Wait two? I thought it was just you?",she freaked and Bruce cut off.

Diana turned to her mother slowly. Hippolyta looked at her. "Not my problem",she said putting her hands up. "Mother!",Diana moaned.

"You dug this hole for yourself now you fill it in!",she said standing up.

Diana ran to the library. But she walked in slowly to look more calm.

"Diana hey! Heading off?",Elena smiled seeing her in her Wonder Woman gear. "Actually not for another while",she smiled awkwardly.

"Elena stop moving!",Megaera said trying to capture Elena's eyes.

"Actually, Elena my mother needs you for a moment",Diana looked away. "I'll go and see what she wants.",Elena was overjoyed that she didn't have to sit still anymore.

Megaera gave up.

Diana waited for Elena to be far down the hall before she returned to her panic.

"Megaera I need you to take Elena into the city and keep her away from the palace for the entire day",Diana came up to her. "Of course your grace, may I ask why?",Megaera said cleaning up her pens.

"Damian and his father are is coming",she told her. Megaera's face dropped. "We can't let her know there here, they'll be war literal war Megaera",Diana expressed the seriousness.

"What would you like me to do with her?",Megaera panicked. "Anything",Diana said. "Take her to the blacksmiths and have some armour made for her, that should keep you busy",Diana had an idea.

"Okay how long do I have till they arrive?",Megaera asked. "Abouttt 1 minute and 4 seconds",she smiled.

"So where are we going?",Elena asked.
"Oh Diana has a few errands for us to run",Meg smiled as the two walked down the step onto the main beach.

"Oh",Elena said bored. "Maybe after we can head back to the palace and I can play a piano piece for you ",Elena wondered.

"Um well see we have a lot to do so we shall see",Meg said nervously looking up waiting for the jet to pass over.

"Damian, be on your best behaviour here okay? I understand you're a growing boy and I understand that you probably..look where you know you're not meant to...when it comes to women..but don't do that here unless you want an island of immortal Amazonian warriors looking for your head. ",batman said awkwardly.

"Father, I have eyes for one women and one women only and she's gone",Damian said coldly. "I respect your loyalty",batman sighed as they began to reach the island.

Elena heard the a jet in the distance as she and Megaera stood by the shore.

Megaera panicked. "Meg, you hear something?",Elena turned to her.

Megaera could see the jet and panicked, she pushed Elena into the water. "What noise?",Megaera said laughing awkwardly.

The jet in the shape of a bat flew over Megaera but Elena couldn't see or hear as her head was too busy in the salty water waves.

The jet landed in the palace courtyard. The amazons guards came to greet it followed by Diana and Hippolyta.

Batman and robin came out and the guards gave them looks of disgust.

Elena coughed as she has swallowed some water. "What- the hell?!",she said furiously and coughing.

"Oops! I'm so sorry Elena!",Megaera said helping her up. Elena looked down at her tunic and it was drenched.

"Now I have to go back to the palace and change!",Elena said agitated. "No! You'll dry in the sun",Megaera reassured her.

"Meg, there is sand on me where there shouldn't ever be sand",Elena pouted implying her discomfort.

"Okay okay lets go to the blacksmiths",Megaera smiled. "Blacksmiths?! Why the blacksmiths?!?",Elena said annoyed and confused.

"Your grace",batman bowed in the presence of Hippolyta. Robin looked at his father and copied him.

"I welcome you two, to our island. Enjoy your stay while it lasts and I hope you find what you're looking for but I warn you, I want you off my island but the end of the day.",Hippolyta told them.

"Of course",batman nodded.

"Your are Diana's guests, so she will be your guide for the day",Hippolyta smiled at Diana.

Hippolyta left with her queens guard.

"Now what's that favour?",Diana came up to Bruce. "Show her Damian",batman looked at robin.

Damian sighed annoyed and took of his glove and rolled up his sleeve.

"We need to find out what this is and we need to find a way to get it off him",Bruce looked at Diana.

Diana looked at it and studied it. "We've been told by multiple sources that it's Amazonian",Damian added.

"I've never seen anything like this",Diana said studying the pattern.

"It's Circes",batman told her. Diana looked up. "What?",Diana seemed worried.

"Why didn't you show me this sooner?",she asked. "We've been busy",robin answered.

"Come with me",Diana showed them the way through the palace. They came to the main hall and there was a piano in it. Robin caught it in the the corner of his eye.

"A piano? Why would you need a piano? Amazons don't play the piano?",Damian questioned. "We are always learning new things",Diana kept walking.

They went through the halls to the library. "The answer lies somewhere in here",she as they saw the rows and rows of shelves of scrolls and books.

"You've got to be kidding",robin moaned seeing the amount of information they would have to search through.

"Isn't there a librarian or something?",Damian added. "The less the amazons know you're here the better",Diana said beginning to look through.

"Better get reading", Bruce sighed.

"Meg, I'll be back in no time just let me change",Elena said feeling itchy.

"Oh shush",Megaera told her. "What can I do for you?",the blacksmith smiled. She saw Elena in soggy clothing. "Your grace you must be frozen",she put a blanket over Elena.

Elena was confused. "You called me 'your grace?' I'm not royalty",she assured her. "I heard, you are Diana's blood yes? Does that not make you Queen Hippolytas relation.?",the blacksmith asked.

"Only in theory",Elena wasn't giving up her origins. "Still you will be treated like a princess in my workshop",the blacksmith smiled.

"Elena needs battle armour",Megaera spoke up. Elena turned. "I do?",she was confused. "Diana gave me the order to take you here and have some armour made",Megaera smiled.

"Still doesn't explain why you pushed me into the bloody sea",she hadn't forgotten.

The blacksmith smiled excitedly. "Let us design an armour and base it off your culture and amazons culture! It will be my finest work since Hippolyta's shield",she was inspired.

Elena was kind of excited to finally have her own armour.

"Anything?",Diana shouted from the other side of the library.

"Unless you count the 46 volumes of the medusas history and fate useful I'd say this is going swell",Damian sighed as he looked the scrolls and books piled around him.

"Keep looking",Bruce said reading a script.

"This is pointless!",Damian said tiredly. "Even my grandfathers library's and archives were smaller then this",robin said getting up.

He went over to a table where someone had been writing. He looked at the half finished book.

The ink was fresh and so were the drawings. Damian studied the drawings. He realised he recognised the face. It was Elena's.

"Father come here",Damian beckoned. "Find something?",batman walked over.
He pointed at the page. "That's Elena",Damian looked up at him.

"That's impossible",Bruce wasn't convinced. "I've been drawing and painting her for months..I know the shapes of Elena's face and details",Damian couldn't believe it.

"Find something useful?",Diana came over. She nearly died when she saw what they were looking at. Before they could turn the page to read all about Elena, Diana snatched the book.

"Hey! What is that?",Damian asked frustrated. "It's nothing important to you",Diana told them.

"Diana",Bruce looked at her. The look he gave was a real passive aggressive one.

Diana sighed. "It's just Aphrodite",Diana looked at them. Batman and robin looked at each other. Not believing her.

Diana pulled out another book of Aphrodite and opened it to a page of her and compared the two.

"See it's just some goddess research",Diana reassured them. "Then Elena looked an awful lot like Aphrodite",batman said surprised.

"Of course she did, she was practically a goddess",Damian walked away and continued searching, he was beginning to feel that awful sadness again.

"You sure you want to wait through the entire process of making your suit?",the blacksmith wondered. "Well maybe we could-",Elena was interrupted.

"Nope we are staying right here, Elena needs to be here to make all the right decisions so her armour turns out perfect",Meg butted in.

Elena sighed. Boredom was her worst enemy other then Circe, joker, Ethan and Lola at the moment.

Damian and Diana and Bruce were still searching. Damian was giving up hope.

"So what's your favourite piece?",Elena asked Megaera.

"Loves Sorrow",Meg smiled.

"Your just saying that because it's my favourite piece",Elena laughed.

"No it really is I love when you play it on your piano",Megaera told her. "Mine used to be loves joy, but when I lost Damian..it became loves Sorrow, it was his favourite",she said sadly.

Megaera put her hand on Elena's. " you didn't loose him",she looked at her.

The blacksmith came out. "I'm done",she said with black smudges on her face.

"Already?",Elena said getting up. "I used bits of Diana's past armours so it saved me some time",she explained.

Elena put it on. Megaera stood back. The blacksmith put her hands on her hips proudly.

Elena had a silver shoulder pads on each of her shoulders. A deep purple corset with silver lining. She had the Wonder Woman symbol on her belt. Then she had purple leggings with and silver going through it with silver knee pads.

"I love it!",Elena said looking at it. "It's perfect!",Megaera said. Elena took the small sword Diana had given her and put it her belt.

"I'm afraid I couldn't make you bracelets like Diana's",the blacksmith sighed. "It's alright",Elena didn't mind at all. "They were made by Zeus's blacksmith, crafted from nth metal",she told her. "They have the power to reflect and contain energy",Meg added.

"I must show Diana and Hippolyta",Elena said excitedly.

Megaera freaked. "Wait! No! You can't!",Megaera grabbed her. "Why?",Elena turned confused. "Because..", Meg wasn't t good at lying.

She saw women heading to the battle arena. "There's a sparring session in the battle arena",Megaera told her. "Oh really?",Elena said looking in that direction.

"Yeah you should test out your armour there!",Megaera smiled. "That's a good idea meg! Let's go",she said jumping.

"Thank you so much",Elena told the blacksmith as she she ran off. "Of course anything for the Hippolyta's bloodline",she waved.

Elena gave an uncertain face at the sound of that as she ran towards the arena.

Elena was up fourth. First up was a tall red head. Similar to Artemis but was much more slender. Her hair was plaited into two braids and she wore and entire set of rare armour. She had a spear with a blade that could go right through you.

She won her sparring session. "Who's she?",Elena asked. "New, haven't seen her here ever, she must be from the farming district south of the island",Megaera fixed her glasses.

A few women spotted Elena in her new gear and came over to her and complimented her. "You look just like Diana when she was younger",one said.

Finally Elena was up. She was against a blonde woman. Her skin was a lovely brown and she had green emerald eyes.

"Does Diana know you are sparring?",the woman asked. "Um no",Elena said nervously. The woman laughed. "You are just like her",she smiled.

Once again Elena was being compared to Diana. She didn't know how she felt about that.

Elena took her sword out. The woman had a whip. They began. Elena's only tactic was to avoid the whip at all costs.

And she did. She back flipped over it, she skidded under it. She jumped over it. Soon she had the sword pressed against the woman's neck.

"Well done",the woman said proudly and panting.

Elena smiled sheepish.

The red headed woman smirked at the sight of Elena's skill. "I will fight her next",she decided.

Megaera wasn't sure this was a good idea.

"You",the red haired woman pointed at Elena. "Spar",she looked at her.

"Oh uh okay",Elena smiled.

They began. Elena more or less trying not to get killed by her. "You seem calm",the woman said swinging her spear.

"Don't have a choice I need to be in control more then you know",Elena said swooping under her spear.

The woman seemed annoyed. "What's your name anyways?",Elena asked. "You should know we've met before",the woman swung her spear.

Elena looked at her. The woman to advantage of Elena connecting the dots.

She jabbed the spear in the direction of Elena's chest. But instead of stopping like you do in sparring. She actually went to stab Elena. Elena caught the spear. The woman pushed down on the spear.

"What are you doing?!",Elena said seeing how close the blade was to her chest. The woman didn't answer. "This is a sparring session not a full blown battle!",Elena yelled.

She kicked the woman into the stomach sending her back. Megaera realised things had gotten out of hand.

Elena stood up annoyed with the woman's spear. "You wanna play dirty?, then let's play dirty",Elena snapped the spear in two and threw it away.

The woman pulled out two small daggers.

"She's going to hurt her!",Megaera told the guards.

Elena dodged, kicked, punched and jumped around the woman, doing her best to make her submit.

The guards ran into the arena and pulled the woman away from Elena. But the woman flipped them and threw another one.

Elena punched the woman into the face and she dropped the two spears. "No weapon no problem",Elena said throwing the spears away.

Megaera was biting her nails for fear of Elena's life.

The red headed woman was on her knees on the ground. Elena walked over slowly. "I don't know what's up with you but give up",she stared at her.

The woman laughed quietly and created a dagger in her hand using magic. Elena saw it happen.

Elena kicked the woman's hand and the dagger went flying. "You rely too much on your magic Circe",Elena pointed her sword at the woman.

"I have no idea what you're talking about",the red headed woman played it cool. "You broke character when you made that dagger appear",Elena explained.

There was a pink poof of glittery smoke.

The red headed woman revealed hers of as Circe. The women gasped and two guards ran to tell Hippolyta.

Circe made them float. "You can't tell her yet",she smiled.

Elena immediately swung her sword at Circe. The sword hit Circe and cracked into pieces. The vibration went up into Elena's hands and made them sting.

Circe was pissed with Elena. "Why aren't you using the powers I gave you?",she asked. "Powers? What?",Elena said confused.

"You haven't even let yourself fully transform",she said angered at the sight of only one icey blonde streak in Elena's hair.

"What are you talking about?!",Elena said annoyed.

"When I hit you with that spell, I gave you the powers that you should be using and getting use to!",she yelled.

"But it nearly killed me!",Elena said annoyed. "Oh grow up! Magic comes with a cost! One life over 7 billion! I think we can live with that",Circe shouted.

"You would eventually die after you fight what's coming!",Circe added. "What's coming?!? What the bloody hell is coming?!?",Elena's was becoming upset.

"Well the simplest way to put it, is that a living entity of everything evil is coming to make earth a living nightmareish hell for the next 10,000 years and only you can stop it with the powers I gave you",Circe explained.

"That's not helpful?!? I don't want these powers! Take them back! Give them to someone else",Elena panicked. "Sorry but You're heart is the only one pure enough",Circe broke it to her.

"So it's time you woke up to your responsibilities!",Circe yelled. "I need time!",Elena begged. "Hoho nope I gave you time sweetheart, now it's time for you to get down to business, so I'll help you get on your feet",Circe shrugged her shoulders.

Elena didn't understand.

Artemis and a bunch of soldiers ran into the arena. "Elena get away from her!",Artemis yelled.

Circe turned to Artemis. "Let's start with you then",she smirked. Circe pointed her finger at Artemis and turned her to stone.

"NO! ARTEMIS!",Elena screamed. Circe then turned the soldiers to stone.

Elena stood back in the complete fear. Circe turned back. "I over heard Lex Luther saying to you if you got too mad or upset your powers would reactivate",she smirked.

"That's means I'll just wreak havoc till your powers come back, and don't worry I'm very good at wreaking havoc",she smirked.

"Everyone out of the arena!",Elena said.

Circe zapped and shot bolts at the arena, tearing it apart. Elena was panicking, she didn't know what to do.

"This is all some kind of trick",Elena was convinced.

Either way Elena had to stop Circe. She picked up a bone arrow and shot arrows at Circe as she walked towards her.

"Leave them alone!",she yelled furiously dropping the arrows because they were obviously not working. Elena was beginning to get tired.

"She's still not angry enough",Circe said to herself.

"Make me!",she teased.

Circe picked up a piece of rubble and pulled it towards Elena but Megaera pushed her out of the way. The piece of rubble kept coming and hit Circe.

"Meg?!? Get out! Run!",Elena said getting up. "We need to get Diana!",Megaera said getting to her feet.

Elena fell to the ground again. "Elena? What's wrong? Get up!",Meg pulled her up. "I'm fine I'm fine just go",Elena said tired.

"I'll go get her",Elena decided. "No no you can't",Megaera knew she'd see Damian. Elena was trying to control her breathing. "Then you go get her!",Elena moaned.

Megaera was conflicted. She could go, but batman and robin would come and help and Damian would see Elena.

"I-I",Meg was shaking.

"Tell her",Circe stared at them.

"Tell me what?",Elena asked confused.

"Go on tell her",Circe smirked.
"I wanted to tell you but I had to stay loyal to Diana, I'm so sorry",Megaera's eyes were watering up.

"Meg?",Elena was so confused.

Megaera just looked at Elena sadly and Circe was hoping this would be enough to make Elena angry or sad enough.

"Damian's on the island.",Megaera said whimpering.

Elena's face went rigid.

"Diana is with him, batman is here too, they're in the library, I was told to take you out of the palace and keep you busy."Megaera confessed.

Elena's breathing sped up. "Why didn't you tell me?!?",she started crying. "I swore to the princess-",Megaera felt small.

"You were my friend! My only friend! You knew how badly I missed him and you kept this from me!",Elena screamed.

Circe could see it wasn't enough. "It's still not enough!",she shouted loudly and her eyes started glowing.

She threw a bolder at Elena sending Elena flying into the wall. Elena hit the wall and fell to the ground.

She coughed as she held her side. She had definitely broken a rib.

"Elena!",Meg cried.

"Fine, you know what Elena, I've down everything I can to make you snap, you're tough I'll give you that",Circe admitted.

"You've left me no choice, looks like I'll just kill the Damian boy and that should definitely set you off",she said beginning to float towards the palace.

Elena thought the world would end. "No-please!",she coughed and she tried to get up but she fell.

Megaera ran over. Elena tried to attack Circe but Megaera held her back. "Elena please! Stop! You're hurt! She'll kill you!",Megaera held her.

"No she'll kill Damian! Let me go! Let me go!",Elena cried and tears fell down her face.

"I should have told you I'm so sorry",Meg blurted out.

Circe stopped and turned around. She saw how close Megaera and Elena were.

She had an idea.

Circe turned back towards Elena and Megaera.

Megaera stood bravely in front of Elena. "Don't touch her Circe or you'll have the wrath of Wonder Woman to deal with",Meg warned.

"She calls you Meg",Circe looked at her.
"She said you were only friend",Circe added.

Megaera knew what she meant.

"You're just as important to her as the boy is",Circe raised an eyebrow.

Elena wasn't sure what was happening.

"I either kill the boy or Megaera",Circe decided.

"Neither!! Please Kill me, just don't hurt them",Elena coughed weakly.

Circe picked up Megaera by the scruff of the neck.

"Don't you dare!",she said furiously.

"It's for a better cause",Circe looked at her.

"Damian needs Elena and Elena needs Damian, she will live without me",Megaera  said shaking put was never so certain of something in all her life.

"That's not true! I can't live without you!",Elena said in a frenzy.

"I'll make it quick",Circe decided quietly.

Elena finally got to her feet and she went straight to punch Circe letting out a frustrated scream.

Sadly Circe caught the punch and sent Elena backwards, giving Circe the time she needed.

Elena couldn't get up.

Circe stuck her hand into Megaera's chest and grabbed her heart and stopped it from beating.

Megaera started choking.

Elena gasped at the sight and screamed. "MEGAERA",Elena scrambled over.

Blood began to flow from her nose and she began choking on her own blood.

Finally Megaera stopped breathing.

Circe dropped her to the ground. Megaera's lifeless body collapsed like a doll and her eyes wide open staring at Elena. The last bit of life left Megaera.

Everything slowed up as Elena picked up Megaera's head. Elena started saying she wasn't mad at Megaera for not telling her but it sounded like someone else was talking as if Elena was drowning. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening.

A great tremor overtook her as she realised Megaera was really dead. Elena had never seen a dead person before. Never held a dead person.

She could hold the heartbreak no longer and she sat at Megaera's side, holding Megaera's delicate tanned hand tightly . She was in a disheveled heap her new suit in pieces her hair a wreck and blood and mud covered her, as her grief started to pour out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. She headed over sobbing.

She closed Megaera's eyes under the glasses she'd given Megaera. Her hands shaking.

Circe felt a slight guilt but quickly shook it off.

Circe began to walk away, she'd done enough damage.

Elena's grief suddenly turned to uncontrollable angry rages and clenched her fists till her nails pierced her palms.

She looked up slowly at Circe and angry steaming tears fell from Elena's face.

That's when something literally snapped in Elena as if she didn't care for life or death. All she saw was red.

Circe had done it. Elena had woken the power that Lex had contained. Her eyes glowed a light gold and another strip of her hair turned the icey blonde.

"CIRCE",Elena screamed so loudly that everyone on the island heard it, including Diana and Batman and robin in the library.

A light beam shot into the sky sourcing from Elena.

Damian looked at his father and Diana ran out into the hall way that gave view of the light beams from outside. Hippolyta and the queens guard ran into the hallway in a panic.

They all saw the light beam.

Suddenly the most awful pain started in Damian's forearm. He rolled his sleeve up and saw his symbol was glowing. His father saw it as well and looked at Damian and could see Damian was in pain, it stung like high hell and Damian yelled in pain and fell to his knees.

"My queen my queen!",a voice called out. It was a guard from the battle arena, they were badly injured and tired. "You must hurry! We are under attack from Circe!",she cried.

"Again?!",Hippolyta looked at Diana.

"Come we must go to the battle arena and face Circe",Diana decided.

"I don't think you'll have to",Damian admitted. "And whys that?",Diana asked. "Because she's heading this way",Damian pointed at the sky as Circe was coming right at them but she had been thrown.

She crash landed into the hallway and everyone moved and took cover. She coughed. "Run-the girl", she got out tiredly.

Diana understood. "Girl?",batman asked.
Who the hell could throw Circe that far?

"Mother take the boys to a safe place",Diana commanded.

"We're not going anywhere, we shall fight whatever, whenever",robin put his foot down.

"My island,my rules now get inside the library",Hippolyta grabbed robin by the ear and pulled Bruce by the cape into the library. "You need to be safe, don't come out till I tell",Diana warned.

Something flew in and landed as fast as the flash and the dust from the shaken rubble rose into the air.

Diana ready to fight. As the dust cleared, light gold glowing eyes could be seen and the Elena stepped out.

It was vividly clear that she was overwhelmed with anger, and upset as tears rolled down her cheeks but she was looking for blood.

Diana saw her and her heart sank. "What had she done to you Elena?",she said worried.

Elena's eyes were set on Circe. She grabbed Circe by the throat and lifted her off the ground with one hand. "I'll make you suffer for what you did to her",Elena said her voice not sounding like her own.

Diana took out her lasso and wrapped it around Elena's wrist. She pulled it, forcing Elena to let Circe go.

Circe held her throat, coughing.

Elena looked furiously at Diana. "Stay out of this!",her voice boomed.

She went for Circe again. But Diana got in her way. "Elena stop this",Diana halting her.

"Move Diana",Elena boomed again.

"I can't let you do this",Diana said calmly.

"She killed Megaera!",Elena screamed.

Diana turned back to Circe with a horrified expression. For a moment Diana was willing to help Elena tear Circe apart.

But she quickly shook that off and came to her senses.

"I can't let you bring yourself to her level, you're better then this",Diana said softly.

"Plus Damian is at the other side of that door and I know I should have told you but you don't want him to see you do this",she said getting closer to Elena.

Elena stopped and looked at the library doors.

"How do I calm her down?",Diana whispered to Circe. "Deep breaths should bring her back to her senses", Circe coughed.

"Deep breaths Elena",Diana smiled. Elena's breathing calmed down. Diana wrapped her arms around her. "Shh it's okay",she comforted her. "This is all my fault",Elena cried. "None of this is your fault",Diana reassured her.

Diana looked Elena up and down at her armour. "It suits you", Diana smiled.

Diana could see Elena was drained. "Go and rest",Diana smiled.

"What are they saying?",Hippolyta wondered as she had her ear to the door .

Damian held his forearm. The pain was beginning to subside. Batman knelt down beside him. "How is it?",he asked. Damian took his hand away from his forearm. The glow of the symbols was beginning to dim.

"It's never done this before",Damian winced.

Elena looked at the door. Diana knew what she meant. "You're not ready, neither is he you will see him again Elena I promise you that",she held Elena's face.

Diana had two guards take her by each arm and take her to Elena's room.
Elena limbed to her room, she took a look back at Circe giving her death glare sending a message that they're fight was not finished.

Diana took a deep breath.

"Believe me my involvement is forced",Circe said getting up.

"She's just a child",Diana spat.

"A child with a heart of gold, the one who will save us", Circe added.

"Get out before I behead you myself",Diana said infuriated.

"It was nothing personal, this time anyway",Circe said and she disappeared.

"You can come out now",Diana opened the door of the library.

"You better have a good explanation for this",Bruce crossed his arms.

Diana ignored him. "I need to get to the battle arena",Diana said leaving.

"You stay here and keep searching",Diana added.

"Let us help", Damian said getting up.

"Damian stay down",his father said.

"No screw this if there is people to be saved, I'm going to help",Damian knew his time on the island was precious.

They headed to the battle arena, including Hippolyta.

Hippolyta couldn't believe the horrific scene that lay in front of her. It's was like a battle field maybe worse.

The 40,000 year old arena in bits. Dead and injured innocent amazons lay on the rubble.

Amazons had began helping. Damian was horrified by it and quickly got to work.

Diana came across Megaera.

Elena had covered Megaera's face with some fabric and had crossed Megaera's hands as if she was sleeping. "Mother!",Diana called. Hippolyta came over to Diana and Damian and Bruce followed.

Hippolyta took the sheet from Megaera's face. "Great Hera",she said, her voice quivering.

"You asked for a librarian earlier, that was our librarian",Diana said sadly.

Megaera's nose had blood crusted from it and her mouth had blood crusted as well.
It would make anyone shake at the sight of it.

Damian knelt down beside her. "Who was she?",he asked. "Megaera, a woman of knowledge",Diana said moving into the next body.

Damian found it strange that an amazon had black rimmed glasses?

He could have sworn he'd seen them before.

Damian gently but the sheet back over Megaera's face.

Diana then saw Artemis. "No..",she said in disbelief. She ran over. Artemis concerned expression plastered on her face for the rest of eternity.

There were over 30 dead and about 60 injured.

For the first time in many years, the sky turned a dark grey and the rain began to come down lightly. Damian looked up.
Same weather as Gotham.

"A storm?",Diana wondered. "Hera is weeping for her daughters, killed in cold blood on the land she promised them peace and safety",Hippolyta explained.

Later that evening, Elena sat at the edge of her bed. She was staring out to sea as it rained outside.

Oh how she missed Megaera's advice, her witty jokes and her lack of knowledge of man's world and Megaera had only been dead for a few hours.

Elena had never felt so guilty and alone in all her life.

She wanted to leave. Go as far away as possible and live out what remained of her life. Since what she'd heard, there wasn't much left.

That hurt to, that since this weird powers thing was back she now was going to share the same fate of her father.

She wondered if Damian was still on the island. They were so close yet so far.

She could run to him and jump into his arms, but then Diana would loose her friendship with batman.

Elena had done enough damage to everyone's lives.

She needed to take her mind of everything, before her head exploded. She always had a medium for that.

The piano.

She went to her door and she could hear two guards murmuring to each other.

"Poor child",one guard said,
"I know, she's lost so much",the other said.
"Should I go to the kitchen and get her something to eat?",one said,
"That's a good idea, but our duty is to guard Elena, so if another guard passes we'll ask her to fetch something from the kitchen",the other said.

Elena was not up for eating.

She knew they were guarding her but they were also there to stop her from leaving aswell. They didn't want Elena wandering the palace while batman was here. She could see their point. But she was still gonna wander the castle.

Elena's wounds had healed. By themselves. She grabbed a light blanket and tied her hair up.

She hopped off the balcony to the ground, stealthy. She went to the main hall with the grand piano, Diana had gotten her for her birthday. The hall was empty. Which was uncommon and rare.

She knew loves sorrow off by heart.
Damian was in the east wing of the palace, he'd never hear her. Although the guards from outside her door would definitely hear her.

She had about 2 minutes till they'd come.

So she began,

Damian couldn't get Megaera out of his head. He took out a small sketchbook and from his memory he tried to draw what she'd look like if she was alive.

He was at the end of the east wing. He heard the piano. He immediately knew it as loves sorrow. But he thought it was in his head.

But it wouldn't hurt to see who was playing it.

The guards heard it. They looked at each other. One opened Elena's door to see if she was there and she wasn't.

"Oh no",the looked at each other.

Elena could only think of Megaera,and how she would stand beside the piano and watch Elena play and then would try to play and would be completely off key.

Then the two would laugh. Elena stopped. She couldn't play anymore, her hands were shaking.

"In here!",the guard shouted to the other.

Elena jumped up. She did not want to get caught.

It had stopped raining outside so she ran out of the palace.

Damian got to the main hall first. No one was at the piano. He was pissed, someone must be messing with him. The curtains blew in the wind. Damian wondered maybe they had gone outside.

The guards ran in. They weren't impressed when they saw Damian. "Get back to the east wing",one said coldly. "Where is she?",the other said looking around.

Damian didn't want trouble with the amazons. "They went that way",Damian pointed in a random direction, sending them in a random goose chase.

They glared at him and took off.

He went outside.

Elena went down the steps to the beach. The same beach, Megaera and her had been on that morning. She looked behind and saw no one was following her.

She looked out at the ocean. It was calming itself. The stars were vividly clear and the moon was just about visible.

Elena was never a fan of the sea. It was to big. But her mother had grown up by the ocean. That's where the lullaby had come from.

The city lights were slightly dimmed. Elena noticed the fireflies floating around.
She only ever seen them on the island never in Gotham.

Damian noticed fresh footprints in the sand as he went down the steps quietly.

He heard singing.

He knew that voice any where.

Elena strolled along the beach singing a song, Megaera had taught her once.

Warning this is the new Steven universe song 'escapism' don't listen if you don't want spoilers.

Damian couldn't believe it. She hadn't noticed him, she was in her own world. But Damian was seeing Elena. He knew the difference between the one he'd seen in his head and the one in front of him. She wasn't dead. He didn't care how or why he just cared that she was okay.

"Elena?",he said softly holding out his hand.

Elena turned around. Her eyes weren't the same colour as before but he was certain it was her. She gave Damian the opposite reaction of what he expected. Her face turned to complete fear.

She backed away, her panic was now visible.

"Elena it's me Damian",he took of the mask slowly revealing his blue/green eyes.

(some people say they're blue others say they're green, recently comic artists have been colouring Damian's eyes as blue, you guys choose which colour personally you like. )

Elena did say anything. Her eyes were wide open in fear. She quickly glanced at the stairs.

"Elena?",Damian suddenly was worried about her. She wasn't acting normal.

"Diana θα είναι τόσο αναστατωμένος, τι κάνεις εδώ ;! φύγε!",she yelled crying.

She sped off up the stairs to the palace.

"Elena wait! Please!",Damian panicked as he ran after her.

Elena thought to herself. 'Why was she running from Damian?, she wasn't ready, too much had happened in the day. She just wanted peace.

She kept running.

"Elena whatever it is I can help you!",he called.

She ran into the main hall. She looked around for a place to hide. The room was to open planned.

She ran into the hallway. Damian ran in and only got a small glance of her turning a corner.

"You know me Elena I won't hurt you",he said gently.

He turned the corner. There was no sign of her. Elena put her hand to her mouth to quiet her breathing as she was right above him on a railing in the ceiling.

Batman and Wonder Woman turned the corner talking. "Damian what's the matter?",Bruce asked.

"Diana call your guards, your soldiers! Elena is somewhere in this palace!", he yelled.

Bruce and Diana looked at each. "Elena smith?",Diana looked at him.

"No, Elena of avalor, of course Elena smith!",he said sarcastically frustrated.

"Damian..",bruce sighed.

"I'm telling you! She's here! I saw her",he pointed at the direction he'd came.

"Damian, you mentioned to me that you'd seen Elena before in your head",batman sighed.

"No but this time she's real I swear!",he knew he sounded crazy and desperate.

Bruce put his hand on his shoulder. "It's okay I know you're still sore over what happened, we're heading home now",Bruce reassured him.

Damian suddenly began to doubt himself. Maybe it was his head?

"Just to be sure I'll send a search party out for a look",Diana smiled.

"Thank you",Bruce thanked her.

"I'll meet you at the jet in 5 okay?",batman nodded. Damian nodded shamefully.

He sadly walked away, as his hope disintegrated.

Elena's blanket dropped from the ceiling. "Oh crap on crackers!",she whispered.

The blanket made light whoosh sound. It was enough to make Damian turn.

He knelt down and picked it up.

He looked around then he looked up. But Elena was gone.

The blanket had little stars on it. It was soft and light, handmade. He kept the blanket.

Damian came out to the jet where Hippolyta and her queens guard stood.

She nodded at Damian and thanked him for his help.

"Did you find what you seeked?",she asked.

"No",Damian sighed and rolled up his sleeve, showing her the symbol.

She took his forearm.

"This is a bonding symbol",Hippolyta said. Batman turned.

"Bonding symbol?",Damian questioned.

"Yes, you have been bonded to someone, as their protecter.",Hippolyta explained.

"So what does that mean in the long term?",batman asked.

"He may never be called to his duty, but if he is, there is nothing that can be done",Hippolyta added.

"Who am I bonded to?",Damian wanted to know.

"No clue, only Circe knows that, as she was the one who performed the spell",Hippolyta admitted.

"So what do we do?",batman asked

"Live your life normally",she advised.

"Thank you for your hostility and the advice",batman thanked them.

"Anytime",Diana smiled. "But don't come again",Hippolyta smiled.

Damian the remembered something. "I'll be right back.",he ran off as batman boarded the jet.

He came to centre of the city where tributes were being made to their lost sisters from earlier that day.

A candle had been lit for everyone who had died.

Women sobbed and prayed at the tribute. "My deepest apologies, but which candle is Megaera's?",he asked respectably.

The women looked at each other . Then one piped up. "There",she pointed at a candle.

"May I leave this here?",Damian showed them the drawing of Megaera he'd done.

They looked at each other again. "Of course",they respected his kindness. He placed the sketch by the candle.

He began to walk away and flipped through his sketchbook. He found a sketch of Elena. He tore it out gently. He turned to the women again.

"I know she didn't die today, but she died for no reason at the hands of greed and madness and I loved her..so may I leave this here to?",he said shyly.

The women saw Elena. They were confused but they understood men were complicated. They nodded. "Thank you",he said leaving the sketch beside a flower.

Elena lay down on her bed and curled up. Everything hurt. Mentally and physically. She began to cry as she felt the loneliness set in. 

metu mortis- Latin for fear of death.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

205K 6.3K 132
"The Evil King's Physician's Favorite Concubine" is an online novel of the rebirth romance genre. The novel was signed and authorized to be serialize...
542K 9.5K 55
oneshot book that is filled with ateez ships
650K 32.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
5.9K 160 11
Ban, the Fox Sin of Greed finds his soulmate out in the forest. He can't decide if she's making his life better or worse & now drama follows them eve...