Signed by his daughter

By jesusshark

Chloe is the daughter of a music producer and owner of a record company. She works for the record company and... More

Signed By His Daughter
MEET THE VAMPS| CHAPTER 1
SIGNED| CHAPTER 2
COCKY| CHAPTER 3
TRENDING| CHAPTER 4
MY BOYFRIEND| CHAPTER5
RECURRENCE| CHAPTER 6
WEARING RINGS| CHAPTER 7
THE BASS PLAYER| CHAPTER 8
VULNERABLY BLOODY| CHAPTER 9
A SECURE INVITATION| CHAPTER 10
FRIDAY| CHAPTER 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
WARDROBES AND WALKING OFF| CHAPTER 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
THE MISTAKE |CHAPTER 40- PART ONE
THE MISTAKE|CHAPTER 40 PART TWO
REGRETS AND AIRPORTS| CHAPTER 41
TEARS AND SEX|CHAPTER 42
LISTENING IN AND LEAVING|CHAPTER 43
BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND BROKEN GLASS| Chapter 45
THE BIRTHDAY| CHAPTER 46
FLIGHTS AND FIGHTS| CHAPTER 47
AGAINST WALLS| Chapter 48
HICKEYS AND ABUSE| Chapter 49
RINGS AND RIGMAROLE| CHAPTER 50
SEX ON THE CAR| CHAPTER 51
DINNER AND PHONE CALLS| CHAPTER 52
MOVING IN| CHAPTER 53
BREAKFAST AND SUN BAKING| CHAPTER 54
PARTIES AND APARTMENTS| CHAPTER 55
DRESS SHOES|CHAPTER 56
HOTELS & HAND HOLDING| CHAPTER 57
COMING 'HOME'|CHAPTER 58
WAITING| CHAPTER 59
GOWNS| CHAPTER 60
MARRY HIM| CHAPTER 61
AWAKE| CHAPTER 62
KIDS| CHAPTER 63

APOLOGIES AND KOMBI VANS|CHAPTER 44

153 6 0
By jesusshark

Chloe's POV

I stand outside my dad's office, it's Monday morning. I raise my hand to the door and knock quietly.

"Come in." He yells from the inside. This is the first time I've spoken to him since I got back. He thinks I'm still sick.

"Hey dad." I feebly smile at him and look down at my feet.

"Hey honey, have you managed to see a doctor? Should you be at work right now? Why don't you go home?" He doesn't look up from his computer screen.

"Yeah, uh that's what I wanted to speak to you about. I think I should take a break from management for a while. The Vamps especially." I can feel the damn lump reforming in my throat.

"What? But honey... you requested them. Is this because of Bradley? What's he done?"

"No, it's just. I don't know." I feel my heart drop. When am I gonna stop lying to people?

"Tell me what's happening and I can help you."

"Dad, I need a break. I need something new. I need a change of scenery." Well at least I'm telling him part of the story.

"Did you two have an argument?" He finally looks up at me, meeting my eyes.

"Not really. Things just aren't amazing between us. Don't say anything to him though, nothing to do with him. It was actually my fault. I did something horrible." I feel so close to admitting to him what happened. Should I?

"What exactly happened? You need to explain so I know how to deal with this appropriately." His tone has turned to professional, but not scary. I know that I have to be mature. I can't afford to be dishonest with him, this is my job too.

"I... uh I, I cheated on Brad whilst I was away." I feel the tears creeping in and try and blink them away.

"With who?" He asks softly and I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god he isn't angry.

"Just someone I met whilst in America." I told him, not completely lying, just omitting information.

"Ok... I'm guessing he found out?" He's taking this really well.

"I told him, I couldn't keep it from him." I sat down at his desk, feeling like this chat might be a little longer than I'd anticipated.

"Ok, well. I understand. Are you happy?" And that's where he hit me. He hit me right where it could mean the world. Asking the question of whether I was happy or not.

"I was when I was with Brad. Before I fucked everything up."

"Oh honey. Do you need a change? I feel as if you've been doing this for too long. Plus you haven't had a break. You've worked here since you were fifteen. You're only just out of school. Look, your mother and I have been talking about this lately. Just because we've realized none of our children have gone through a higher education than high school, you've barely made it through. So, maybe it would be a good idea to head off to Cambridge or King's college?" His eyes are soft and his eyebrows draw together in a concerned expression.

"That's not a half bad idea you know." I whisper, looking off into the distance. That would be a new start, and I can always come back. That's the perk of having excessive amounts of money in the family. I could leave at any time I wanted, I could get a job in a different area. But then again I love doing this, I was never forced into it. I was always given the opportunity to go to college and study whatever I wanted, I'd just always wanted to go down this path.

"Well, I don't want to rush you into this because this is the life you're used to and of course we enjoy having you around here. I just think that it might be a good idea. Plus I can't withdraw your management yet. You'll still have to fly with them in a week and a bit's time to LA for playlist live considering they're a youtube group. Is that ok? Or will it be too awkward? I know, I'll get Rae to go with you. Then it won't be so bad." He muses to himself and starts clicking on his computer, clearly organizing things right in front of me.

"Yeah, no I think that should be ok I guess." I feebly swallow and let the idea of travelling back to America where the incident happened set in. I'm gonna have to face that.

"You won't be alone, Joe will go with you, he's the one with the beard kinda, he went overseas for a while but he's back now. He's the one you were 'temporarily' replacing." I nod along to Dad's words but I don't really give a fuck to his explanation.

"Yeah, I know I won't be alone." I close my eyes briefly. "Can I go home Dad?" I sigh, feeling shitty and exhausted. I think he's right. I need to go to college, act like a kid instead of being so mature. I grew up too fast. That's no lie but that's also no excuse for cheating on Brad.

"No sweetheart I'm sorry you're gonna need to see the boys this morning to organize Playlist live. Give out schedules and measurements and such." He looks empathetically at me.

"Ok, well I'll speak to you later, love you." I stand up and swiftly kiss his cheek over his desk.

I legitimately feel nervous to be in there today. I bet he's told the boys. I bet everyone knows and they all hate me. I don't think I can live with the knowledge that Tris hates me. And James and Con, Con is Rae's boyfriend, that's so awkward.

I push my pestering thoughts to the side and walk to reception, asking the ugly blonde who was filling in for Rae today for any new files for TV879 (The Vamps' code). In return she hands over a thick file. Great. This is a lot to organize. As I walk to their room I start flicking through the file. Passports, working visa's, hotel, equipment, in-ear monitors need to be fitted, wardrobe, hair, make up, van oh my god.

I'm still looking down at the file when I push the heavy door open and everyone falls silent in the room. All four boys are standing there plus one. He's tall and has mild stubble, he looks a little rough.

"You must be Dave's daught, Clarise. I'm Joe" He steps forward and offers a hand to me. I reluctantly shake it, not bothering to correct my name.

"Lovely to meet you, we should all sit down, we have a shit ton to do and the pile is only getting bigger." I almost whisper. My face is deadpan, I'm remaining professional and serious although I can feel Brad's eyes boring into my back as I walk as confidently as I can to the table.

"It's just Chloe" I hear him whisper behind me. I pull the seat out and Joe sits next to me whilst the other boys gather around.

"Oh sorry Chloe, didn't know that's what you liked to be called." Joe corrected himself. He clearly wasn't in on this. Great how awkward is this?

"No, no that's ok you can call me Clarise or Chloe I don't mind." I try and muster a sweet tone. "Uh, anyway we have a lot to do, I'll give you a copy of this stuff but we need to discuss some things." I say, sliding the manilla folder to Joe.

"Wow, that's a thick file." Tris mumbles, his eyes wide.

"Yeah it sure is. First things first is passports. Whose passport is going to expire soon? Does everyone have one?" I say, looking down at my laptop, ready to write notes on what was needed.

"Nah I don't have one, it expired last year. Con doesn't have one either." Brad answers icily.

"Um, righto, I will need you to organise that within the next few days, we're all going to have to go to the embassy as well to collect working visas because technically you are working as you'll receive royalties for what performances you do." I start typing down what is needed.

"Ok how do we do that?" James leans forward on his chair, sounding concerned.

"We'll have to take a day trip to the embassy, all of us." Joe steps in to reply before I can.

"Yeah, I'll get us all to go in later this week, I'll send out an email as to when we're going." I add onto Joe's reply.

"What if we're busy though, like we can't just drop everything because that time is convenient for you." Brad quips, leaning back on his chair. His arms are crossed and his chin raised slightly. He's gone into asshole mode, yay.

"Couldn't care less, if you've got other plans you'll need to cancel them. This isn't just my job, this is your job too. I'm not gonna hold your hand." I answer, my lips form a hard line and I clench my jaw. The boys look from Brad to me, back to Brad, clearly waiting for a snarky reply which I am too. It never comes, he just looks more pissed off. I hold his gaze across the table and he looks pissed. So am I now.

The silence is awkward and Joe senses this, moving on.

"Ok so we need to organise date of leave, equipment and techs. Brad, James, Connor, all three of you will share one guitar tech, Chloe could you please organise someone to be their tech? And Tris we'll have a drum tech for you. "

"Yep no problem, also boys you'll be given a range of guitars to pick from, pick one and tell me so I can organise for that one to be at the venue waiting for us, we're not taking anything with us except for some of Tris' drums. Tris, sadly you will be playing with what we usually get you to play on, we can't change that." I offer a small smile to him and he returns it. He looks sincerely across the table at me. Maybe he doesn't know...

"And what happens if we don't like any of the guitars?" Brad pipes up. God he's salty. I stare at him, clearly annoyed and all the boys look at him, shooting him daggers.

"Then you can stop being so spoilt and suck it up." I raise my voice and my left eyebrow.

"Righto." He sighs, and rolls his eyes. Joe looks inquiringly at me and I just shake my head in reply to him, acting like I have no clue what's happening.

"How long is this gonna take?" Brad rolls his eyes. We're about 2 hours into filling out paper work and organising their trip.

"Mate Clarise is putting so much trouble into organising this for you, she doesn't have to do this but she is. How would you feel if you had to do this all by yourself?" Joe responded since I couldn't. I was on hold to the venue organisation team. I frowned at Brad and shook my head at him.

"It's gonna take as long as it takes." I whisper back at him harshly. I understand that his kid is hurt but christ that doesn't call for being an arse. I'm really close to leaving them to their own devices right now.

Brad's pov

God only knows why the fuck I'm here. Is this truly necessary? It's Monday morning and we all received a call from our sub manager Joe. He made it very clear that we had an obligation to be in the studio today. None of us know why. Hopefully he'll announce to us that Chloe's quit being our manager. I wouldn't be too disappointed if that were to be the outcome. I lock my car and try to ignore the massive key mark running down the driver's side. Opening the front door, I keep my sunglasses on. Heading to the main reception desk I spot an attractive blonde. I flash her a quick smile and something inside me sparks as I realise I'm single. I'm actually allowed to do that.

"Hey there." She gives me a cheeky smirk and I return it.

"Hey, I'm here for a meeting with Joe." I say confidently.

"I'm guessing you're a member of The Vamps?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, ya know, only the lead singer." I wink and let out a small laugh. She blushes and looks down at her computer, clicking away furiously.

"Yep, you're free to go straight on through."

"Awesome thanks, wait also one more thing..." I trail off and she looks expectantly at me. "Is Chloe in today?"

"Umm, let me check." She frowns and looks back at her computer. "Yeah she's signed in but current whereabouts is unknown, I can call for her if you need?" She says, feigning innocence.

"Nah, that's alright. Thanks anyway. I'll see ya 'round." And with that I turn away. Of course she's here, I will be so mad if she's working with us.

Walking into our room I spot Joe, our sub manager. I haven't seen him in at least 6 months.

"BRADLEYYYY." He races over to me and engulfs me in a massive bear hug.

"Joe, mate how are ya?" I smile up at him.

"Feeling good to be home. How about you boys? God look at you all go. I'm so happy to be here." Joe is absolutely ecstatic. We all are. We stand in a circle just chatting until the door is pushed open and she walks through. She's wearing black pants that stop at her ankles, a pair of small heels and a loose navy button up blouse. I hate it, I hate that she can walk into the room and my hands become sweaty. She's not yours anymore Brad. I still can't help from looking at her. Her hair is pulled back into a hair tie and she's worn her glasses, a rare occurence for her. The atmosphere immediately changes. I don't feel uncomfortable but I don't exactly want to greet her. She looks up from her folder and Joe walks over to her. She looks slightly confused. She's got that look about her, that look of pure innocence. She's so young, we both are.

Joe introduces himself to her and she takes his hand. I pick up on the fact that he calls her Clarise. No one calls her that. I can... but no one else. She doesn't correct him, she just goes along with it.

""Lovely to meet you, we should all sit down, we have a shit ton to do and the pile is only getting bigger." She replies and it pisses me off. As we walk towards the conference table I pull Joe's arm.

"It's just Chloe." I whisper to him but he has to make a big deal out of it. She brushes it off but it still makes me feel weird. I can't help but stare at her. She used to be mine. I used to be able to stand up from the chair I was sitting in and grab her by the neck and kiss her as hard as I wanted to. I could sleep with her every morning, now I've got nothing. Just thinking about her makes my chest feel heavy. I can't deal with these emotions so it just makes me shittier.

I'm generally not all that interested in what's happening but I feel like she has too much control. I just want to be done with her. She's always had so much control, not just over my job but over my emotions and she still does. I can't just stop loving her...

Eventually we're able to leave. We all stand up and I'm first to try and escape but no such luck.

"Bradley, stay back, I have something for you." She says sternly. Something for me? What the hell? I roll my eyes and nod at the others as they file out of the room. Finally it's just us two but it feels weird, there's different types of tension floating around. Sexual and angry.

"Here." She reaches into her bag and pulls out an envelope. I take the envelope and it takes me a second to comprehend it.

"A cheque?" I frown at her as I look up from reading the piece of paper. It's from her account, for £12,000.

"For the damage Jack did to your car, I'm sorry for that. I hope that can cover it." She says, professionally.

"Don't want your money. That's more than my whole car's worth." I mumble, tossing the cheque onto the table and crossing my arms. I lean back and rub my chin, unsure what she wants from me. Is she trying to buy me back?

"I don't care if you want it or not, it's yours. Do with it what you like." She replies nonchalantly. She looks mildly annoyed with me.

"I don't need your money." I snap back. I'm well off now we've released a few things but I'm by no means doing amazingly.

"It's not about that." She clenches her jaw.

"About what?"

"I'm not buying you back, fuck that, I'm just helping clear my conscience." She looks off out the window, avoiding eye contact. She picks the envelope up and hands it back to me. I struggle to take it but eventually do.

"Yeah well it'll take a bit more than that to clear your conscience." And with saying that I tear the cheque in half then half again. Fuck this. I toss the remains onto the table and leave her looking pale and hurt. Turning around, I sarcastically salute to her and leave.

Chloe's POV

Well fuck that. How rude. How dare he. I know I was over generous with the cheque but I wasn't trying to be offensive, I just wanted to show him that I wasn't gonna leave him with a damaged car, I know how much he loves it. I take a deep breath and slump down into my chair. Going and studying sounds better than ever now.

As I head back to my office I have an idea, one he can't refuse. I pull up my laptop and start searching the web.

Finally I find what I want after at least an hour of searching. A pale blue VW Kombi van. I immediately contact the seller and receive a steep price. But if there's something that will never stop me is the price. I immediately attached my father's bank account details and purchased it. I contacted the seller so I could pick it up today. It was an hour's drive away so I'll take a train like the rest of the population.

"Hey, Dad, I've just bought a car, I'm gonna travel to go get it, need anything here?" I poke my head in quickly to his office, hoping to cut this conversation short.

"Yes I saw that you had bought something, I'm glad to hear you're spending my money wisely Clarise."

"Oh yes, always." I flash him a quick smile.

"No, you're free to go darling, have fun." He laughs.

"Will do, thanks dad"

"Ah what am I gonna do with you?" I hear him mumble as I turn to leave. I'm happy that he's not upset with me purchasing a car with his money, it's not like I don't have my own but it would seem strange to the bank if a sudden 30,000 pounds left my account.

Jumping off the train helped me to breathe a sigh of relief. I quickly shifted my way onto the platform.

"Hey mate, I'm Clarise, I'm here to pick up the car." I state, shaking hands with the middle aged man.

"How are ya? Car's just back here. I've filled out most of the paper work, I just need you to fill in the rest so the car can be in your name and all." He smiles back at me, leading me into his backyard.

"Yeah about that, I need to put the car into someone else's name, it's a present kind of." I try and explain but I feel like I'm getting no where.

"Um, so long as it's not illegal and you have this person's details that shouldn't be a problem I don't think." He frowns as he pulls the paper work out. I walk around the car and check it out. It's in immaculate condition, nothing could be changed.

"Mind if I start her up?" I ask, poking my head out the driver's window.

"Nah love that's no problem." He winks at me. Ew, that's weird. Twisting the key in the ignition the car comes to life. It's rhythm is steady and I can tell it's well looked after.

"Ok, all seems good, I'll just fill out some forms?" I look at him, feeling a little awkward in his presence.

"Yeah no problem love, come on in."

"Oh no really, it's ok I probably have to get going soon anyway." I fake laugh, shoving my hands in my back pockets.

"Really honey, it's no problem." He winks once again. God he's giving off creepy vibes. I nod my head and agree to go inside. As soon as I walk inside he locks the door. Ok red flag right there. Do I run? No, I'm sure it's just a general safety thing, everyone locks their doors. I'm just being paranoid. I join him at the kitchen table and put my head down, filling out the forms.

"Ok all done, I'm going to go and photo copy them so I have a copy too, you just hang tight darlin." He whispers, standing too close to me.

The second he leaves I stand up and silently walk to the back door. I attempt to open the door but the lock won't budge. What the hell? Has he locked it with a key? No. It must just be jammed. I jimmy it a little and it still won't open.

Panic sets in, I take two bobby pins from my hair and pull them apart, sweating because my time is running out. I'm just lucky I know how to pick locks. After years of living with my dad I had to find some method of sneaking out.

Finally a small click comes and I am able to open the door. I consider just legging it out of here. I've paid for the car but legally it's not mine. No, I have to stay and do this for Brad.

Leaving the door unlocked I close it and return back to the table just in time.

"Weren't trying to escape were you?" he laughs, giving me an eery smile. Oh wow. My sweat just turned cold. Oh fuck, he must know. I don't answer, I just look sternly at him. Now's the time to hold your ground.

"Now now now young missy don't tell me you're out here all alone?" He continues, placing the papers on the table and moving too close once again. Our noses are almost touching. I can smell his breath, it's not pleasant.

"No, I'm here with my dad, he's waiting for me actually." I feel my heart pick up and I know it's now or never. I start to prepare myself for some self defence when a strong squeal is released from what seems to be underneath me. He immediately steps back and looks panicked.

"Fuckin' hell, it's nothing to worry about lovely, it's just the cat." He tries to reassure me but I see something beyond it, there's something in his eyes. It tells me he's lying. I can feel the ground beneath me lightly vibrate, as if someone were pounding on the floor with all their might.

"I'm leaving now." I straighten up and make myself appear larger than I ever could be. I reach for the papers on the table but his hand on my wrist stops me.

"Not so fast, what makes you think you can just leave a lonely old man here." He continues.

"Let go of me now." I whisper as threateningly as I can possibly muster. I think I've fooled him.

"Now now, no need to be like that. Don't get testy with me dear." He smirks as he loosens his grip on my wrist. I pull the papers swiftly and turn quickly. I don't run because this will only make him agitated but instead I make my way to the door in one quick agile movement. I slide the door open with all my force and don't bother shutting it behind me. I speed walk to the van and as soon as I'm in I start the engine.

I quickly slam the door and look back to see him running towards me looking shocked. He locked that door intentionally. He has something in his hands. My bobby pins. I smirk at him. Dirty old man. I begin to roll out of his backyard and onto the street. I roll down my window to see him chasing me on foot outside. He is suddenly stopped by another dull scream from inside the house.

Something inside is chilling me to death. Heading into the service station I fill up the tank that is almost empty. The more I think of it the more I feel uncomfortable and uneasy about the situation I just encountered.

As I pull out my wallet to pay my phone buzzes and an unknown number is calling. I don't answer because something deep inside me is telling me that there's something not right about someone calling my number. Working in the business I work in- I don't give out my number to many people, even clients that I sign will receive my work phone number.

I pay and scuttle out, eager to drive back home. I feel paranoid the entire time. I can't stop looking in the rear view as a black Audi follows me along the high way. This is a highway after all, not really any reason to be worried right?
I change lanes just to be sure and say a silent prayer for the ability this van has to move. The Audi doesn't follow an I'm grateful. It's just paranoia, I know it is but I can't help it. I'm on edge.

After what feels like ten years of driving I pull into the underground garage of Brad's appartement. I pull out the registration papers and a pen. On the back of one of the papers I scribble "sorry x" with the neatest handwriting I can muster and place it on the front windscreen so as it's the first thing he sees. I pull out the pre-written cheque from my back pocket and place it on the driver's seat.

I open my texts to Brad and compose a quick one that reads.

"Garage now, your keys are in the ignition"
He replies almost immediately with multiple question marks and I know that's my queue to leg it out of here.

I decide to walk home. It will give me time to think. He's spoken about it before, how much he admires the classic style of a Kombi van. Well this can be my going away present because anyone is ludicrous if they think I'm going to stay here. I just need to make my way through LA without bumping into the Janoskians who might be there considering they're a youtube group too. Hopefully they won't turn up.

As I let my mind wander my phone buzzes and my heart skips a beat I swear. I pull it out of my pocket with the hopes that it's Brad calling me but with no such luck it's the unknown number from earlier. I decide to take a deep breath in and answer.

"Hello?" I don't sound confident.

"Clarise ay?" My blood turns cold, I know who this is. 

"What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing, just making sure things ar-" The line cuts out. I feel scared. More frightened than ever. What if he's here? Around me? NEAR ME? My fast walk turns to a run as I make my way home at double time. I consider calling Brad but think against it, he probably wouldn't answer anyway...

Brad's POV

As soon as I read the text from her I jump in the lift. I don't question it until I'm slowly descending and decide to send some question marks. Is she gonna be down there? As soon as the doors open I run out to see an empty garage, just filled with cars. No one is here. Directly out the front of the elevator is a pale blue Kombi Van with 'sorry x' on the windscreen. I pull the note off and read it through. This car's in my name. Now that I think about it the text said keys in the ignition. The door is unlocked and sure enough there are keys there. This can't be real. She bought me a goddamn car. This doesn't make anything better but something inside me softens because I know she was thinking of me. I know that she listened when I spoke to her.

I contemplated jumping in the van and heading over to her place. It's so tempting to just go over there and try and put things back to how they used to be. But I can't I need to stand my ground on this and accept that she hurt me and there's not much that can change that.

Instead I shoot her a text.

"She's beautiful, just like you, thank you."

The text sits there just like me in the driver's side of the van. It goes unanswered. I'm confident that she's received it but her not replying leaves an empty place in my heart. God I hope things will get better for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3.8K 125
•sequel to 'Instagram'• Love is incredibly powerful; sometimes love can test you when you least expect it to.. The Vamps/Brad Simpson
36.8K 864 97
Chloe moves into her new apartment with her friends Rebekah, Sophie and Hannah to try and start a new chapter in her life, her past has not been grea...
3.7K 170 17
When you get stuck in a venue with your bestfriend, her Little sister, your Little sister, a band called 'the vamps?' And with a murder?!? Will they...
202K 3.1K 43
Vamps imagines and preferences, enjoy! Vote. Comment. Fan.