HOTELS & HAND HOLDING| CHAPTER 57

I can't help but smile. He squeezes my hand and I feel a tingle down my spine as he removes his hand from mine and places it on the small of my back, guiding me out.

"Do you mind if we take your car? Mine's not so fancy." He chuckles. I can't help the laugh that spills out and reach into my clutch, retrieving my keys and giving them to him. He immediately unlocks the boot, placing my suitcase in and with long strides, unlocks his car and removes his overnight bag, putting it in the back of my car with mine. I watch the way he moves, totally encapsulated by how he looks. He walks with so much confidence, it's clear he feels good.

He comes over to me, opening the car door and I slide in. He scoops up the part of my dress that hangs out and places it on the floor by my feet. A quick smile is thrown my way before he shuts the door and jumps into the driver's side.

"Shall we go?"

"I thought you'd never ask," I reply, giggling like I'm 15. It's like we're playing a game, playing a part, as if we're an extremely rich couple that has nothing better to do with their lives but spend them out in London. Speaking of, I realise it's going to be a long drive to London... I didn't anticipate the possibility of it being awkward.

"How have you four been?" I decide to begin the conversation, hoping to ease the tension.

"Dull. We haven't been awfully busy but we're prepping for the tour which is exciting I guess," He sighs mid-sentence "It's been a bit strange without you there."

"Yeah, it's been a bit strange not being there. I've been waking up every morning in a bed that isn't mine or yours..." I let the last bit slip, quickly covering my mouth with my hand. He draws his eyes from the road and smirks at me.

"It's ok, I know what you mean," He reassures me.

"Yeah... I dunno, it's odd to move to a completely different life. It's so different. It's really a world away." I'm quick to move on from my slip up but he doesn't seem to mind.

"We've all felt that way. It will take a little getting used to I guess."

He rests his left hand on his knee, right palm driving for him. I simply can't drag my eyes away from his beauty, he's so gorgeous and I almost feel bad for staring but I can't stop myself.

"I know, it's strange to see me like this but we never did anything luxurious. And it is your birthday today so I thought I'd treat you to something. I know how much you enjoy dressing up like this."

"You know me too well Bradley, I feel like a different person when I'm dressed like this, in an expensive car, with a man of expensive taste" I murmur, looking out the window. The lights are so gorgeous and we've only been driving for about 15 to 20 minutes and the sun has already dropped. The clouds are heavy in the sky, typical England weather. But the lights grow more abundant as we inch closer to the city. It's beautiful.

"What's on your mind?" He asks, making me look back at him. I no longer feel awkward or fearful to be staring at him, it's like he's mine again and I feel like I can admire him just for tonight.

"The lights. They're so gorgeous. It's almost Christmas time."

"My favourite time of year." He comments, shifting his hand to the gear stick. We're in the right lane so there's no need for him to speed up, he's already doing 100km/h.

"Me too. Do you usually get this fancy at this time of year?" I mimic his smirk as I say this.

"Nah not usually, just a special occasion for us to dress up I suppose." He shrugs and I see that his hand is moving again, too fearfully. It goes to shift further my way but at the last second, he seems to back out, aware of my stare. I avert my eyes, not wanting him to be discouraged from doing whatever he's been confident in doing this past hour.