APOLOGIES AND KOMBI VANS|CHAPTER 44

Chloe's POV

I stand outside my dad's office, it's Monday morning. I raise my hand to the door and knock quietly.

"Come in." He yells from the inside. This is the first time I've spoken to him since I got back. He thinks I'm still sick.

"Hey dad." I feebly smile at him and look down at my feet.

"Hey honey, have you managed to see a doctor? Should you be at work right now? Why don't you go home?" He doesn't look up from his computer screen.

"Yeah, uh that's what I wanted to speak to you about. I think I should take a break from management for a while. The Vamps especially." I can feel the damn lump reforming in my throat.

"What? But honey... you requested them. Is this because of Bradley? What's he done?"

"No, it's just. I don't know." I feel my heart drop. When am I gonna stop lying to people?

"Tell me what's happening and I can help you."

"Dad, I need a break. I need something new. I need a change of scenery." Well at least I'm telling him part of the story.

"Did you two have an argument?" He finally looks up at me, meeting my eyes.

"Not really. Things just aren't amazing between us. Don't say anything to him though, nothing to do with him. It was actually my fault. I did something horrible." I feel so close to admitting to him what happened. Should I?

"What exactly happened? You need to explain so I know how to deal with this appropriately." His tone has turned to professional, but not scary. I know that I have to be mature. I can't afford to be dishonest with him, this is my job too.

"I... uh I, I cheated on Brad whilst I was away." I feel the tears creeping in and try and blink them away.

"With who?" He asks softly and I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god he isn't angry.

"Just someone I met whilst in America." I told him, not completely lying, just omitting information.

"Ok... I'm guessing he found out?" He's taking this really well.

"I told him, I couldn't keep it from him." I sat down at his desk, feeling like this chat might be a little longer than I'd anticipated.

"Ok, well. I understand. Are you happy?" And that's where he hit me. He hit me right where it could mean the world. Asking the question of whether I was happy or not.

"I was when I was with Brad. Before I fucked everything up."

"Oh honey. Do you need a change? I feel as if you've been doing this for too long. Plus you haven't had a break. You've worked here since you were fifteen. You're only just out of school. Look, your mother and I have been talking about this lately. Just because we've realized none of our children have gone through a higher education than high school, you've barely made it through. So, maybe it would be a good idea to head off to Cambridge or King's college?" His eyes are soft and his eyebrows draw together in a concerned expression.

"That's not a half bad idea you know." I whisper, looking off into the distance. That would be a new start, and I can always come back. That's the perk of having excessive amounts of money in the family. I could leave at any time I wanted, I could get a job in a different area. But then again I love doing this, I was never forced into it. I was always given the opportunity to go to college and study whatever I wanted, I'd just always wanted to go down this path.

"Well, I don't want to rush you into this because this is the life you're used to and of course we enjoy having you around here. I just think that it might be a good idea. Plus I can't withdraw your management yet. You'll still have to fly with them in a week and a bit's time to LA for playlist live considering they're a youtube group. Is that ok? Or will it be too awkward? I know, I'll get Rae to go with you. Then it won't be so bad." He muses to himself and starts clicking on his computer, clearly organizing things right in front of me.