FLIGHTS AND FIGHTS| CHAPTER 47

Getting a new phone was a relief, I felt connected again. Mum and Dad have had people at my flat day and night and I'm ok to move back in, although some small modifications still need to be done. I can't worry about that now though because I'm standing in the middle of my bedroom trying to pack for Playlist live. I haven't seen Brad or any of the other boys for that matter since Rae's birthday.

"You reckon it'll be awkward?" Rae asks from my bed, looking up from her phone.

"Yep." I don't bother sugarcoating it. I know it's gonna be shitty. We leave tomorrow and I've literally been avoiding the entire event like it's the plague. Haven't been into work for the past week. I straight up told Dad I was leaving and as soon as the semester starts I'm applying for King's College and off I go. Nothing can stop me.

"Well at least I'll be there, and we've all got separate rooms but we are on the same floor. Just try and keep it professional." She suggests optimistically. Always the optimist, the lucky bitch.

"Rae I love you but how are you so cheery? Am I just meant to act like I've never met him before?" I giggle as this sentence leaves my mouth because we both know how ridiculous I'm being. A smile on her face is the most reassuring thing I've seen all morning.

"Well babe, if that's what it takes, it's time to introduce yourself to him like it's the first time, just don't get involved this time." She winks and gets up off the bed to my closet.

"Mmmm." I hum in agreeance. It's not just that I've been avoiding them, I'm embarrassed, everyone knows what's happening between us, nothing is secret in that house. I'm embarrassed that they not only all heard it but also that I acted that way. Right now, KC is looking like heaven.

"Take this." She states, throwing the lingerie piece that I bought in America at me.

"Ew why?" I can't help but laugh.

"I dunno, America might have some nice boys for you."

"Yeah sure, that's exactly what I'm looking for whilst I'm on a business trip with my semi- ex boyfriend? Is that even what he is?"

"Oh honey, the term idiot will suffice for now, he's a fool for leaving you." She replies, shuffling through my drawers again.

"Not really, I do deserve it." I try to keep my tone light hearted.

"Nah." She brushes it off, pulling out more clothes. I sigh as I look into the mostly empty suitcase. We're there for 4 and a half days and I feel like it's going to last a lifetime. I have a long way to go.

The van is out the front waiting for me, I stand in the doorway of my house and look back. Passport? Check. Phone? Check. Paper work? Check. Confidence? No where to be seen. I roll my eyes at myself and slam the door behind me, getting into the van.

"Where's Brad?" Was my greeting to the other three, Joe and Rae who were all in there.

"He's making his own way to the airport apparently." Connor responds but the other two shrug their shoulders.

"Ok well as long as he actually makes it there on time. Let's get going, it's freezing outside." I shiver, climbing in and shutting the door to the van. I settle next to Tristan who looks tired. Our flight is an overnighter, red eye to LAX. Let's see how long he's gonna hold up through customs and all that bullshit, my bet is not very long.

When we arrive it's clear I had nothing to worry about. Brad's already here. Can't see him but I know he's here. Probably can't see him because he's in the middle of a crowd of maybe 20 girls, all getting photos with him.

"Well boys, go on, join him, it's not fair he gets all the attention." Joe chuckles, pushing Connor and James towards Brad. Tristan had already started walking to him, I think he feels lost when he's not with Brad.