Chapter 17

I curled the last strand of hair and looked at my bare face. I was tempted to just leave my face like this but decided against it. I quickly got changed and zipped the dress up. It fit perfectly but I wasn’t sure about how it looked. I was doubtful that I would actually look nice in it. I put on my makeup and went downstairs to where Dylan was currently playing Fifa on the Xbox. I gathered all my stuff into a small bag. 

It was currently 5:25 so I still had five minutes to get ready. As I walked past the room Dylan was in he called me back.

“Wow you look beautiful sis.” He said, pausing his game.

“Thanks, you gonna be right on your own tonight?” I asked smiling at him.

“Yeah I should be, what about you? Where are you going?” He asked returning the smile. He looked so happy.

“I’ve got a date so I’m not entirely sure what time I’ll be home but don’t wait up.” I said quietly, hoping he wouldn’t ask who. I don’t think I actually have the guts to tell him this.

“Hmmm, a date? Will you need pepper spray for this creep or?” He asked jokingly.

“Trust me he isn’t a creep,” I said. “But I’ll take some if it puts your mind at rest.” I replied jokingly.

“Would Dad know who this mystery guy is?” He asked still smiling and raising his eyebrows.

“No he doesn’t know because do you remember my last date? He insisted on having the guy come in, he then grilled him with all these really weird questions then he made us late for our reservation. As you can probably guess there was no second date.” I said the last part with a small chuckle, reminiscing on that moment.

“Ahhahahaha yep I remember, he wasn’t too bad that guy actually.” He said, trying to hold back a laugh.

“Yeah, so it’s probably best that we leave Dad out of the picture.” I said and smiled.

“Ok then, if we have to.” He said jokingly.

“Ok I should probably go, he’ll be here soon.”

“Oh is he picking you up? Ok then I’ll see you later.” I waved goodbye after he had said this and made my way back upstairs to grab my phone. As I slowly left my room there was a knock at the door. I quickly ran downstairs but I was too late as Dylan had already opened the door. 

I walked around the corner to see Dylan looking confused. He pointed to me then to Brad who stood there in what looked like new black skinny jeans and a dark green and black plaid shirt which he left open to reveal a plain white t-shirt underneath. He had his hair perfectly done and to be honest I just wanted to run my fingers through it. It looked so fluffy.

“Wait so you’re going on a date with him?” He asked still looking confused. Brad was going bright red and was starting to get nervous. I was still out of view from Brad but I could see him perfectly. I stepped around the corner so Brad could see me. His mouth fell open immediately.

“Yep” I said simply, trying not to lose my shit in front of Brad at Dylan.

“Alright uh, have fun.” Dylan said and stepped out of the way. He seemed to wake from his little trance. 

“Bye.” I said and he left.

“You look absolutely stunning.” Brad said as his eyes scanned my entire body.

“Thank you, you don’t scrub up too badly yourself.” He smiled when I said this and I locked the door and shut it behind me. He lead me out to his car which was an old Holden LD Astra. It was old but well kept and looked nice. He came around my side and opened my door. He then walked around and got in the car himself.