Chapter 19

For my impatient chummy xx

Before I even knew it, it was Thursday and I was in the middle of packing for SITC. I was so excited because this was the first time I have ever been able to travel with any of my bands. Usually Dad insists that I stay at the studio and organise SITC then I relax and look back on all the hard work I’d done but this year it was easier to do and I had the help of Rae. 

I pack clothes for the warmer weather because the S doesn’t stand for nothing. I had only seen the boys briefly on Monday because I was really busy with their paper work and organising make-up and hair. I trust them to do their own hair but who knows what might happen. I can just imagine getting a call 10 minutes before they go on from Tris, crying because his hair isn’t sitting right. I laughed at the thought and finished packing.

I made my way downstairs to where Dylan was sitting, watching Tv. I sat down beside him and helped myself to some of his food.

“So I never got to ask you but how’d your date go with… what’s his name again?” Dylan asked pretending to be bored but we both knew he cared more than he was letting on.

“Hmm? Oh Brad, yeah it was…” I chuckled at the thought then realised I should probably answer him. “It was good.”

“Second date?” He asked way too quickly.  I shrugged my shoulders but it was the truth.

“That means yes doesn't it?” He asked, eyes wide

“No it means maybe. He asked for a second but I didn’t say no and I didn’t say yes.”

“Well that’s a bit cocky of him isn’t it?”

“He’s trying.” I whispered.

“Mmmmm sure.” He said, sounding unsure.

“I’m going to go and finish my packing, will I see you tomorrow or?” I asked getting up to leave.

“Oh nah I’m going out tonight but I’ll see you when you get back from SITC”

“Ok I’ll see you later.” I said and walked back upstairs. I was glad I was leaving because that was usually all our conversations ever were nowadays and it was awkward. I had most of my stuff packed away into my boxes, ready to move out but I still needed to move clothes so I started on that.

It was about 3 in the morning when I stopped filling boxes and went to bed ready for the next day.

It was 12:30 PM when I entered the studio to see people running around everywhere. I was lead out the back with Rae to find that their tour bus had even had a logo printed on. I sighed, knowing the boys would love it.

By 1:30 we were all on the bus and getting ready to leave.

“Guys sit down we need to go now.”

“Sorry but I just can’t get over how sick this is.” Connor said, motioning to all of the bus surrounding him.

“Yeah guess what? It’ll be even better if you sit down then we can get going.” Rae told him, giggling at his childishness. He blushed and sat down next to her. It was so clear that something was going on between them. I hope it wasn’t clear that I had gone out with Brad, especially because I don’t want to hurt Tris.

After an hour of bad jokes and awkward moments the bus pulled over at the hotel. We all pulled our luggage and I went in to check in.

“Uh there should be a reservation for 6 rooms?” I asked, knowing that the others were staying on the bus.