Chapter 18

I woke to some loud noises and just assumed it was Brad leaving which didn’t bother me much but I did feel a little empty. It was like we were doing things backwards, we had kissed even before our first proper date. I think that Brad just wanted to be traditional with me. It was pretty cute. I would have continued my train of thought but the person with their head nuzzled in my neck began to stir due to the amount of noise being made outside of my bedroom. It mustn’t be Brad if he’s here with me. 

Wait what? 

I opened my eyes to see nothing but the left side of my bedroom. I felt a heavy arm around me. I turned in to see Brad stirring slightly in his sleep. He must be a really heavy sleeper because I have moved heaps. I suddenly came to a realisation that it was probably Dylan outside making all of the noise. I ignored it thinking he would just leave to go out soon. I admired his face as he slept. Even though he had just been asleep his hair was still perfect as ever and hadn’t moved an inch. His features were even more defined in the little light coming through my blinds. I stroked his cheek lightly and he smiled in his sleep. He was so adorable. He pushed his head further into my neck and I wrapped my arms around his neck, my elbows resting on his shoulders. I admired his back and his perfectly toned muscles. I ran my hands up and down his back bone and he shivered. I started playing with his little curls on the back of his neck, where he hadn’t had a haircut in a while. I smiled to myself because he had no idea I was doing this. 

I continued like this for a while until the familiar thumping of my brother’s feet on the stairs made it’s way to my ears. 

“Chloe?” He yelled from the stairs. I panicked and looked around.

“Chloe? You up?” He yelled again. ‘Shit’ I thought.

I started whispering in Brad’s ear to wake up, trying not to be too loud. He wasn’t waking up. This boy must go into a damn coma when he sleeps. I pulled my arms away from the back of his neck and began to shake him.

“Chloe. Wake up.” He yelled again. Now was the time to really, really panic. I started to push Brad and bang my fists against his chest in an attempt to wake up. I was ready to hit him in the groin when he finally opened his eyes.

“Wake up Brad. Dylan’s out there wanting me to wake up.” I whispered in his ear.

“You’re so cute in the morning when you’re stressed.” He said, laughing.

“Brad this isn’t funny. Get up.” I whispered

“Alright, calm down.” He said stretching out and leaning in for a kiss. I pulled away and quickly kissed him on the cheek so he was semi satisfied. 

“Go Brad, now.” I demanded and he got up and out of bed.

“Chloe? Are you talking to someone? I’m coming in.” Dylan yelled. Both of our eyes widened. I got up out of bed faster than I ever had. I quickly opened my bathroom door and shoved Brad in there.

“Stay around the corner but don't close the door and don’t make yourself visible through the mirror.” I told him and stepped back into my room just as Dylan walked through the door.

“Who were you talking to?” He asked looking really confused.

“Oh I was just on the phone to Rae. Don't you have to go soon?” I asked, attempting to get him to leave.

“Yeah I was just gonna make sure you’re up before I leave. Uh also who’s jeans and t-shirt are those on the ground?” He asked pointing to the clothes Brad left on the floor. I panicked and quickly grabbed them.

“Uh they’re mine, well minus the jeans they are Daniel's from… ages ago he left them here.” I explained, stumbling over my words.

“Oh ok and I heard some swearing last night. You ok?” All suspicion had faded from his face.