Chapter 26

I walked back into room B76 and slammed down some papers onto the desk.

“Woah what’s all this?” James asked looking up to me.

“Well boys as a part of your new single being released in a month I have just been given some extra money…” I said teasing them.

“Oh come on Chloe don’t do this.” Tris whined whilst they were all sat around the desk.

“Ok, ok, ok. I was given the budget for the Can We Dance video clip.” I announced, feeling so excited. They all stood up and cheered like crazy. It had been a typical boring Friday and not much had happened. I had spoken to Jack over the week and we even went to lunch once but Brad didn’t know about it because I think it would make him angrier.

“And there’s more.” I continued once they had finished hugging me to death. “Dad said if I do a good job with this, I will become your permanent management.” I said, excitement getting the better of me. I let out a really small squeal. 

“OH MY GOD YES” Tris screamed like a little girl.

“I know.” I concluded and smiled wide.

“That’s great.” Rae said and picked up the papers.

At that moment my phone started to ring and I excused myself to step outside and answer it. It was Jack calling.

“Hey” I greeted.

“Hello my dear Clarise and how are you on this fine day?” I had to giggle at his formality.

“I am feeling exceptional on this fine day, what about you?” I smiled.

“Well I would be better if I were with you…” I just giggled nervously.

“Ok…” I replied.

“Would you consider maybe going on a very tiny, little, baby date with me?” He asked slowly.

I stood there speechless, not sure how to react.

“Um look Jack, I didn’t mean to lead you on or anything like that but I’m currently seeing someone.” I said down the phone.

“Oh ok, well who is this lucky guy?” He spoke, still cheerfully even though I could tell he was upset.

“Uh… Brad, Brad Simpson.” I told him nervously.

“Look I gotta go but I’ll speak to you later.” He hurriedly hung up. 

I was about to walk back into the room when Brad walked out. He pulled my face up to his and quickly kissed me.

“I’m so glad that you’re gonna be our management.”

“Only if I do a good job.” I told him, hoping not to get his hopes up.

“Yeah and you and I both know that you’re a perfectionist so you’ll make it so perfect that VEVO won’t know what hit them.” He reassured me confidently.

“Yeah I hope so.” I replied.

“So who were you on the phone to?”

“Oh, me? Um I was just um talking to Jack.” I mumbled his name so Brad couldn’t hear me.

“Who?”

“Jack.” I whispered. I sounded like a kid who had done something wrong and was about to be reprimanded.

“What the fuck did that loser want?”

“Don’t speak to me like that Brad.” I said quietly.