Chapter 13

I got dressed quickly and just waited in his room. I wasn’t really sure what to do. I  heard a cat meowing at the door. I got up to see where it was coming from. I walked to the doorway and saw a little orange kitten sitting there. I picked it up and carried it to Brad’s bed. I sat on the side of the bed and stroked the kitten. Suddenly Tris was standing at the door. 

“You’re allergic to it but you still let James keep it?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, what can I say? I’m a good guy.” He said, laughing and then winking at me.

“Right, what’s it’s name?” I asked, looking down to stroke the kitten again.

“Mickey.” 

“Cute”. I heard a door behind me open just then and Brad must’ve walked out because Tristan raised his eyebrows. I turned around to see Brad only wearing a towel and wet hair.

“Mate put some clothes on. It may have been a tough night last night but there is no need to do that to this poor lady.” Tris said once again in my direction. 

“Uh, I didn’t expect her to still be in her, but hey you can watch me change if ya want to.” Brad said, throwing me a cheeky grin.

“ Uh um uh.” I had no words.

“WE HAVE FOOD” Connor screamed from outside the room. Tris beckoned for me to follow him and I got up, leaving the kitten behind. I took a quick glance behind to see Brad with a disappointed look. Did he really think I was gonna stay and watch him change? Sicko.

“Hey one question before I leave.”

“What you want to know if you can touch my abs.”

“Keep dreaming Brad. Was it you who changed me last night? You know how I am with personal space… Not that it would be bad or anything… look you know what I mean.”

“I just didn’t want you to be uncomfortable so I got Rae to change you. I’m not that much of a sicko.” He said with a laugh. I felt really stupid now.

“Ohh. Right. Uh sorry but thanks.” I said and quickly walked out and shut the door. What had I gotten myself into?

I sat down at their table and started eating the breakfast/brunch that they had gone out and bought.

“Whose bed did you end up in?” Rae whispered to me.

“Brad’s. You?” 

“Connor’s. It actually wasn’t too bad because he took the floor whilst he let me have the bed.” She explained.

“What a gentleman. Brad didn’t bother to take the floor or anything. We slept in the same bed. Kinda creepy when you think about it.” I said.

“ooooh that’s strange.”

“Oh also thanks for changing me.” I said and then kept quiet because Brad had just walked back into the room, hair still wet. We spent another hour or two just chatting when I realised that I should probably head back.

“I should probably head back now. Uh would one of you be able to drive me?”

“Yeah I will” Tris volunteered. I was dreading going back to Dylan.

“Do you want to come Rae?” I asked, silently begging her.

“Uh nah I’m good I might just stay here a little longer.”

Tris and I made our way to his car in silence. Things were kind of awkward and I don’t know why.