BREAKFAST AND SUN BAKING| CHAPTER 54

The bed is so not comfortable, I need a new mattress and probably some comfier pillows. The sun doesn't look like it's gonna make an appearance today and I don't want to either. I drag myself out of bed reluctantly and shove on some clothes. I look semi-presentable but that's all that's necessary. Nat said she'd knock on my door this morning when she was heading down for breakfast so I could join her.

Whilst I wait I pull up my laptop to see that a few people have tweeted me, telling me they've seen me around. Hopefully no one sees me when I'm dressed like this.

Tonight is the first night of partying, apparently, according to Jesse last night, I'm in for a full week of parties. It feels weird though, who holds these parties? Is it at someone's house? I'd feel weird if it were because I haven't been directly invited. This all feels so alien to me, no one knows me, it's a clean slate which is what I wanted but it's so different from high school.

At 9 Nat knocks and we walk down together. I don't exactly feel hungry but I grab some fruit salad in hope that I can force some food down. Nat leads me to the other end of the hall and we sit down with the same group as last night. Shit. I sit down next to Brett but across from me sits Jesse, of-fucking-course. He's clearly been up for hours, he's sweaty and dressed in gym gear. His hair is tied back and amongst all of it he still looks good. He chuckles as I sit down, clearly amused by my appearance. I roll my eyes at myself and turn to Brett, engaging myself in a conversation with him.

"The library here is massive, really you should come and see it after breakfast with me." He's so enthusiastic, he reminds me of my brother Daniel.

"It's that good ay? Um what about wifi here? Is that free? Because at the moment I'm using data and I would really love to not have to do that." I try and focus on Brett but I can tell that Jesse is looking at me.

"Yeah, in the drawer of your dorm desk will be the password, it changes every semester though so just keep up to date with it. Also what does your schedule look like? I'm starting some reading ahead if you wanted to join me tonight."

"Brett, you're chewing her ear off, she's new, not everyone's a second year like you." Jesse laughs, winking at me. I blush immediately.

"No, it's fine Brett I'm happy to join you in some study tonight." I nod my head, it'll be good to get into some good study habits especially this early.

"No! You're coming to the parties remember?" Alison yells from across the other side of the table.

"Yeah but maybe I need to ease myself into the parties, don't wanna go too hard too early." I try and convince her but she's having none of it.

"You'll have a good time, trust me." Jesse tries to reassure me but I'm feeling overwhelmed, is this what being a kid is like?

After breakfast I head back up to my room to get ready for the day but I am unsure exactly what to do? What does one do on O week with no classes?

Brad's POV

It's quiet in the apartment and my mind is somewhere else. The breeze is so nice as I sit on the roof, getting a little tan. I'm distracted when I hear the front door slam closed.

"HELLO?" I yell from my place, not bothering to get up.

"It's just me." Rae pokes her head out the window to say hi.

"Hey girl, how are ya?" I put my head back down and closed my eyes, enjoying the sun. I wonder what the weather is like where Chloe is.

"I'm good, mind if I join you?"

"Nah, come on up." I say, offering a hand to help her up from the window to the roof.

"Thanks." She takes it and pulls herself up, laying down next to me.