COMING 'HOME'|CHAPTER 58

I wake up feeling too hot. I'm snuggled into his chest and his arms are around me. This massive fucking bed and he chooses to suffocate me whilst I sleep?

His light smattering of chest hairs tickle my nose and I pull away. He shifts slightly to let me go. He must be awake already.

"Can I smell bacon?" I ask without looking up at him.

"Your sense of smell is brilliant,"

"Makes up for my shitty eyesight I guess. When did you order breakfast?" He's so on top of everything.

"About 5 minutes ago," he shrugs as if it's nothing but he must've known I was going to wake up soon. The warmth of his bare legs against mine is nice and I'm finally able to look at him.

"Good morning." He greets, smiling down at me. I suddenly feel shy again and pull the covers up to my chin, almost placing a barrier between us, bar the fact that our legs are still touching. This feels weird. It's like we've just gone on a first date together yet here we are sleeping in the same bed. I'm not even sure he's wearing any clothes and I'm too scared to lift my leg a bit to find out.

"Mornin',"

"Good sleep?"

"T'was nice. Big bed." I observe, trying to pull myself away from him. He lets me and I roll over to the other end of the bed. Much to my dismay he follows and rolls on top of me so he's straddling me. I place my hands on his bare chest, more to keep him from trying sneaky shit on me. Luckily he's wearing underwear so there's no hiding how he's really feeling which seems to be relatively calm at this point. He takes my hands on his chest as a kind gesture and I'm not mad about that. I don't want to offend him.

"Bed's massive. Imagine this in my room. It's literally the size of my room,"

"Aha that would be pretty funny, walk in and you're immediately on the bed." I giggle, agreeing with him.

"C'mon, breakfast on the balcony," He says suddenly, getting up and grabbing the plates that are neatly on a little table at the end of the bed and places them on the table outside. He then grabs the drinks and places them outside too. I marvel as he moves, keeping up his gentlemanly acts.

"Thank you Bradley, but... you're not going to propose are you?" I half smile to myself as I say this.

"What on earth would make you think I'm gonna propose?"

"I dunno, last time Rae was eating breakfast on a balcony Con proposed." I surrender, reminding him of our trip to playlist.

"Yeah nah not happening. We're a little young for that, plus I only just asked you to come home yesterday and you haven't exactly said yes," He doesn't even look up from his food as he says this but I stare at his face. I get the feeling that he's disheartened by the way that I've responded to his own behaviours but in honesty, I'm fearful of what he's asking of me. I've never cheated on someone before and I know it'll never happen again but I don't want to spend my entire life trying to prove that to him. He went to all this trouble to use the time to go through my phone.

"You think Rae and Con are too young?"

"No but we're younger than them and they've done things a little differently to us"

I don't reply to him, I just kinda grunt, almost in agreeance. He finally looks up to catch me staring at him.

"Sorry," I mumble, whilst I rub my arms. It's a bit chilly despite the sun hitting us nicely. I'm still only wearing what I wore to bed last night and I'm feeling mighty vulnerable.

"How are your pancakes?" He idly talks but I'm hardly listening, I'm taking in the view and trying to not freeze to death. It's fricken Autumn for fucks sake Bradley.