FRIDAY| CHAPTER 11

After eating lunch and explaining a shortened version to the others, we decided to meet up again on Friday. Everyday up until Friday was uneventful and I actually looked forward to seeing the boys again. It was strange the feeling of wanting to be around someone. They were nice people even Brad, and that was hard for me to admit.

Friday rocked around and it was in the afternoon that we had the appointment booked. We were going to go through some recording and have them practice some more recording of the song Cecilia that they had performed to me.

They came on time but none of us were really in the mood.

"Uh it's Friday Chloe can't we go out?" Tristan asked coming up behind me and putting his chin on my shoulder. He was significantly taller than me so he had to lean right down to put his head there. I moved away.

"Yeah I know I feel like that too but Dad said we have to do some recording." I told him with a sigh.

"Come on, why don't we do work at a restaurant, you know order a pizza and have some drinks?"

"Are you boys asking me out on a date?" I said jokingly. Just at that point Brad walked towards me.

"And what if we were? What would your answer be?"

"To all four of you taking me and Rae out for drinks and 'work'?"

"Yep" Brad said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"What do you say Rae?" I asked, removing his arm from my shoulder.

"Hmmm I'd have to say yes." Rae replied with a simple smile.

"You're not too good with others touching you are you Clarise?" James said, mucking around with Tristan's drumsticks.

"I just don't like people being too close to me, it raises my anxiety levels." I said quietly. It was a bit of a sensitive subject for me.

"Anyway why don't we skip work for tonight, we'll go out maybe, get to know each other a little better maybe?" Rae said, sensing things are getting a little awkward.

"Yeah, Pweeeease?" Connor begged. He was so cute, I just wanted to pinch his cheeks but instead I acted like a normal human being.

"Ugh, fine, let's go into the city."

"ALRIGHT woooo!" Tristan cheered. We all headed out to the cars. We took two separate cars. I went with Tristan, Connor and Rae. I sat up front with Connor whilst he drove. Brad and James took the other car. We drove straight to the city and got settled into a small cafe. It was really cute and close to some shopping centres and the beach.

We settled in to a booth. I was sat between Brad and Rae. Tristan sat opposite from me, Connor opposite from Rae and James opposite Brad. We all decided that we would order some drinks.

"Uh I'll just have a pint of beer," Brad told the waiter. "Chloe what about you?"

"Uh nothing for me thanks." I said to the waiter with a smile and she walked off, still eyeing Brad.

"Too sensible to drink, are you?" Tristan asked with a smile on his face.

"Nah, I'm not of age"

"Wait What?" Brad asked shocked.

"How old are you?" They all looked like it was a crime or something.

"17 but I'll be 18 next week on Friday" When I said this all the boys let out a huge sigh.

"Good because we all got a bit worried then, we thought you were gonna come out with saying something like you were 16." Tristan said.

"Nah I was still at school then, Tristan" I told him.