Up All Night ➸ One Direction...

By Carefree2222

"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter... More

1 : Mobs and Such (Trailer!)
2 : Trapped
3 : Paparazzi
4 : The Paparazzi Games
5 : Laughs and Limousines
6 : "Houston, We Have a Problem"
7 : Dinner and A One Direction
8 : The Ellen Degeneres Show!
9 : Wrestling 101
10 : Back To Class
11 : Challenge Accepted
12 : The Game [1]
12 : The Game [2]
12 : The Game [3]
13 : Hide And Go Cheat
14 : Ella Strauss vs. The World
15 : Mission Impossible [s.e]
17 : Candice's Corner
18 : Moments
19 : Rabid Werewolves
20 : The World's Funniest Home Twitcams
21 : Is It Me?
1D Summer Awards
22 : Tango with the Devil's Assistant
23 : Paulways In Charge
24 : Grounded
25 : We Need To Talk
Interview Questions From YOU. (Closed)
*Character Interview*
26 : Reassurance
27 : Hormones VS Kidnappings
28 : How To Seduce, Summer Evans' Edition
29 : Cruel and Unusual Punishments
30 : Tacos and Hot Bods
Book Cover & Ship Name
31 : A Taco & Some Tears
32 : In a Blink of an Eye
33 : The Reality of Things
34 : Rewind then FastForward [h.s]
Whose Point Of View?
35 : Night Changes [n.h]
36 : Jealous
37 : Little Things
38 : Begin Again
**Interview Questions**
*Character Interview (2)*
39 : Cleavage [h.s]
40 : Picture Perfect [s.e]
41 : Stone Cold
42 : Hands of Love
43 : Yours
44 : Up All Night

16 : We've Gathered Here Today...

144K 1K 222
By Carefree2222

Sorry it has taken so long. School has been literally kicking my ass. Finals are in a few days >_>

Dedicated to Dramione_97 for making me that awesome banner to the right ;D Thank you so much and for reading this story!

Like the new cover? 

E N J O Y ~

Chapter 16 : We've Gathered Here Today...

Ella's POV.

It's strange how little effort it takes to upset someone. People have to understand that what they say hurts. I never thought I'd be a victim. I never understood because it never happened to me. Now I do and quite frankly, it sucks a lot. 

People around the world, someone much like myself, is going through the same thing. What if the person already felt insecure about them self? All the comments would push them to the edge. People commit suicide over this. Why can't people understand it's wrong to judge someone without even knowing them? No, it's wrong to judge. Stop. It's as simple as that. 

Sighing, I plopped down on my bed and stared up blankly at the ceiling. I was expecting Summer to fly in through the door with her giddy mood, but she didn't. Why would she? I  practically blew her off like it was nothing. I rolled over, now laying on my stomach. Groaning loudly, I realized I was more bored than ever before.

The boys were the highlight of my day for the past week or so. Without them, I felt . . . naked? Wait, no, that's not right. I felt alive when I was with them. But admitting so, didn't mean I was going to crawl back to them! People were saying these things about me because I was with them. If I were to stop, they'd stop. 

Feeling my phone vibrate for the thousandth time today, I removed it from my pocket. I stared at the screen, deciding whether or not to answer. Harry texted me non stop and was now resorting to calling me. Do I answer? No, of course not. What would I tell him? 

Declining the call, I laid the device on the night stand beside my bed. 

"Jesus Christ, Ella! You're killing the boys out there. Harry is just about dead, actually!" Summer yelled, barging into the room, leaving the door open. 

Turning to look at her, I brought my eyebrows together. "I told you I didn't want to see-"

She placed her hand up, signalling me to stop. "Exactly why I came with a few back ups."

Back up? Who is she trying to be? Nick Fury? I swear if Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and who ever else is in that group, walks through that door, I'm getting the hell out. 

"Summer, I don't-"

"I'm not a very good listener, you should know that already." Summer stepped to the side, allowing me to get a clear view of the door. 

She should know I don't like when people continuously break me off mid sentence! That's so annoying. I really should have known better than to think she was actually going to listen to anything I say. There's no use in arguing with her. Sitting up, I leaned my back against the wall as three girls made their way into the room. "Who are they?" I wondered, sounding a bit rude. I flushed, slouching a bit. 

"Ella, meet Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie." Summer said, introducing us. 

I waved weakly at them as Summer went down the line. They were gorgeous and I wondered where  Summer randomly picked them up. Do they go to our school?

"Summer told us about your situation. The four of us decided we'd have a little chat with you. Without the boys, of course. We declared this as our girl time." Eleanor spoke, her accent surprising me.

I squinted my eyes at the red headed friend of mine briefly. Perhaps Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie were strangers that Summer decided to tell her problems to and made them talk to me. Or maybe I'm completely wrong. 

"How do you three know the boys?" I asked, eyeing the three of them where they stood. 

"I'm Liam's."

"I'm Zayn's."

"I'm Louis'." They said after one another. 

I really wish they'd spit it out! "You're their what?"

"Girlfriends, Ella!" Summer yelled, throwing her hands around frantically. 

My mouth flew open. I really didn't know anything about One Direction. I'm sure fans out there, possibly in this building, know more about them than I do! They may even know where they are right this second. Wait, no, this place would be flooded with girls and I'd be severely annoyed. 

"Now that's settled, let's get this therapy session started, yes?" Perrie asked, taking a seat on the floor. "Gather around everyone."

Therapy session? Did everyone think I needed a therapy session? Some time to myself is all that I wanted and I get this. 

The others joined her, begging me to have a sit, motioning me over. 

Sighing dramatically, I crawled off my bed and took a seat in between Summer and Eleanor. All I know is, we better not hold hands and sing songs. 

"Two months ago, I was receiving death tweets," Danielle started to say, glancing around everyone in the circle. "It was horrible, but I had Liam there to defend me."

"The only advice I can give you, Ella, is to not ignore your friends. They are here for you no matter what and will defend you against the horrible people of twitter. Being alone thinking about it won't make the situation better." Perrie told me.

I nodded."I thought being away from the boys would end it all. I hated seeing all those things people said about me when they don't even know me."

"They're just jealous, love!" Eleanor shouted, laughing. "The best thing to do is ignore them and move on. There's no way we can please everyone, but why would you? You weren't created to make them happy. Those girls aren't true fans. If they were, they'd want the boys to be happy with any girl they're with whether it is their girl friends or just acquaintances."

"Don't let them get in the way of you enjoying you're time with the boys. They're fun lads. From all the pictures I've seen, I'm sure you've been having fun with them." Danielle said, smiling. 

I chuckled along with Summer, remembering the paparazzi game we played. 

"You're all absolutely right." I said, nodding my head. "It just hit me so hard. One minute I was so angry and the next I was so sad. When one person says something, you don't make a big deal out of it. When there's tons, it really hits you."

"People really don't think about how words can affect someone. All this has been going on for such a long time. The best thing to do is just ignore and go on. There's nothing you can do to make the situation better-"

"Maybe just find out where they all live and tell them off will do," Eleanor said, breaking me off. 

The room filled with laughter.

That, by far, was the best idea I've been given all day. People really had to understand that a few words can really hurt someone. Was that what they aimed to do? We're all just like them. A human being with feelings.

I stared blankly at a spot on the floor. Talking about all this with someone that's actually been through it helped. They're dating the boys so I could only imagine the hate they got or are still getting. What would bashing girls that hung out with One Direction do? It's pointless and the boys don't appreciate it. The worst thing someone can do is to bring another person down. Happend to me and I now know how to not let it get to me any longer. It all started with Twitter and will end with Twitter. I'm deleting my account!

I smiled, feeling a bit better. I was so ready to blow up the world after all that, but I think it deserves another chance. 

"How are the boys doing?" I questioned, glancing at everyone in the circle. 

"Worried, I'd say. Harry looked like he was going to have a mental break down." Danielle answered. 

By all the texts and phone calls, I'd say so myself. He was obviously worried, beyond worried even. It was nice to know he cares. But who wouldn't? I'm Ella Strauss!

Just kidding. I'm not anyone special. 

Standing up, I clapped my hands together and placed a cheesy grin on my face as I stared down at the girls. "Who's ready for the tea party?"

Summer scrunched up her face, nodding her head no. "No thanks, grandma."

The others laughed at her words.

"I'll-"

The sound of masculine screams broke me off. The boys ran into the room, Nerf guns in hand and had them aimed at the five of us. I small laugh escaped my lips. We're so screwed, no use denying it. 

My eyes landed on Harry. My heart sank at the look of the sad look on his face. Meeting eyes with him, he dropped his gun to the floor and made his way through the others to pull me into a hug. 

"Are you alright?" He asked, tightening his grip around my waist. 

Inhaling his scent, I smiled. "I'm fine, Harry. Don't be such a baby."

Pulling away, his dimple was now clearly visible. "Good, cause now I can do this."

I stood, confused. He winked, backing away from me and grabbed his gun again. Getting back into the line with his band mates, Harry flicked his nose lightly.

It's almost as if that was a signal to-

Without any warning, we were all pelted with the bullets. The five of us girls screamed as they came into contact, the boys laughing loudly at our reactions. 

"You guys suck!" I shouted over the noise, doing my best to dodge them. I failed. They continued on endlessly.

Times like these is what makes me happy. The boys were utterly ridiculous, but it's what I loved about them. 

"Cease your fire, men!" Louis yelled in a deepened voice. 

The guys listened, placing their guns onto their shoulders and took a good look at us. Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie stood on top of my bed, shielding their faces. Summer, on the other hand, stood in the middle of the room with her eyes shut closed. 

What's that gonna do? She'd be the first one dead. I can't exactly be talking, though. 

"Ladies, we've come to escort you out of here and take you else where. Is that understood?" Louis asked us, keeping up his sergeant facade. "Don't put up a fight."

I rolled my eyes, snorting. "You run in here, shoot us, and then expect us to leave with you?"

"Exactly, love," Harry said, smirking. 

I narrowed my eyes at Harry before bolting towards the door. Not making it very far, I crashed into someone hard, falling to the floor. "Shit," I muttered. Glancing up, I met eyes with a broad shouldered, buff man. He stared down at me, a hard look on his face. 

"This is the girls dorms, sir," I whispered.

"Hello, Ella. I'm Paul," the man said, reaching his hand out towards me. 

Raising an eyebrow, I took it. In a swift motion, he lifted me up to my feet. "And who are you, Paul?"

He glanced around, leaning in towards me a bit. "One Direction's management and security. Do you know where they are?"

The boys were so dumb for sneaking out. I can only imagine the trouble they are in. "I have no idea," I heard myself say. I mentally slapped myself for lying. 

"Ella, it's rude to- Paul?" An Irish voice filled my ears. "Oh shit."

Turning around, I cursed under me breath and led Niall and Paul into the dorm room. The second the others noticed him, their smiles faltered as they dropped the guns to the floor. Paul closed the door behind him and stood in the center of the room. 

Why do I feel like I'm in deep shit when I'm not even in this?

"Congratulations, lads," Paul started to say, a smile playing at his lips. "You've manage to slip through my fingers twice. It won't happen again." Tearing his eyes away from the boys, he glanced at all of us. "From here on out, I'll be directing this circus. Everything fun will be planned by me. Tomorrow you're all booked for an interview."

I pursed my lips. "Have fun with that, guys-"

"I mean, you're all booked for an interview, Ella." Paul told me, smiling. 

Is this guy on drugs? I, Ella Strauss, don't do interviews. What could this person possibly want to ask me? I'm just a girl wanting to finish college in one piece, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen without any difficulty. How can I even go to school now? My name is all over the freaking internet for hanging out with the world's hottest boy band. 

 "On a day we don't do something bad, I promise Paul is more cooler." Harry whispered loudly, intending to let everyone hear. 

Paul shot him a look. "I don't mean to be harsh, but I've got to do what I've got to do to protect all of you. Even if you added a few people to my list. We're just lucky girls aren't forcing their way into this room right now."

If girls were forcing their way into my room, I'd be severely annoyed.

"When you said we're all booked for an interview, does that mean Ella and I have to go?" Summer wondered, raising her hand. 

"Yes."

She dropped her hand to her side. "Who is the interviewer?"

"Candice. She's the host of 'Candice's Corner'. She begged to interview all of you," he answered. The room went completely silent. Paul looked around before taking in the sight of Liam's, Zayn's, and Louis' girlfriends at their side. "Hello, ladies and welcome to the circus!"

With all this stuff going on, I sure as hell feel like I'm in a circus. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 921 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
1.6M 15.4K 199
What's it called? That's what they are! I just really love 1D and writing about my bizarre life. YOU SHOULD READ THIS...or not. idrc :) ~~~~~~~~~~...
3.8K 53 27
I watched as the love of my life ran out of the door with tears streaming down her face. There was hurt laced in all of her precious features.It hur...
98.2K 244 18
Hiiii, so it's May 1st 2014 and I'd like to say that this story is really, really cringy. I wrote this when all of us were 'carrots' soo it's bad. Re...