The Second Potter

By topaztiger15

What if James and Lily Potter were hiding something about Lily's pregnancy? What if Harry had a twin that no... More

A Rather Dramatic Entrance
Talks In The Hallways
Umbridge Takes Over
Fatalities
A Trip to Malfoy Manor
When Your Mom is More Popular than You...
Teacher's Pet
Awkward Interactions
Summer Magic Tricks
Secret Meetings
Secret Meetings Pt 2
Three Weeks Later
Celebrations and CONFRINGO!
Explanations
A New Year with New Secrets
Battles of Inner Thoughts
Stuck at Home with Polyjuice
Misinterpreted Feelings
Changes
Holidays
Hidden in the Closet
Finally Free
Paradise
Save Me from Myself
Not Over
Epilogue
Thank You!
New Book!

Her Favorite Spot

3.1K 85 11
By topaztiger15

Spells used in this chapter:

Aberto (Uh-bare-toe) - A spell presumably used to open objects such as doors or windows.

Accio (AK-ee-oh) - This charm summons an object to the caster, potentially over a significant distance. It can be used in two ways; either by casting the charm and then naming the object desired, or by pointing your  at the desired object during or immediately following the  to "pull" the target toward the caster; in either case, the caster must concentrate on the object they wish to summon in order for the charm to succeed. The caster doesn't necessarily need to know the location of the target if they say the name of the object to be summoned.

Aguamenti (AH-gwah-MEN-tee) - Produces a fountain or jet of water from the wand tip.

Remus sighed before Apparating to Phoenix' 'favorite spot'. He was sure this was where she was, especially after what had just happened. As Remus arrived at the old park, he searched around for her. His eyes finally landed on Phoenix - who was sitting on the top of the monkey bars with one leg dangling over the side and the other cradled into her chest - who was overlooking the skyline.

Remus started walking over to her as she glanced behind her to see who it was. "I thought I might find you here!" Remus called.

Phoenix faced the skyline again and sighed, "Well, you found me." Her voice was so broken and so quiet, you could barely hear her.

"Nix, come on," Remus said as he tugged on her foot, "talk to me."

Phoenix laughed, "What do you want me to say, Remus?" Remus sniffled and looked at his feet. "Sirius is dead, okay! And there's nothing we can do to bring him back."

"There is one thing." Remus mumbled.

Phoenix perked up. "What is it?"

"I'm not going to tell you, because you can only use it once. Even if you try to use it again, it won't work."

"Remus, what is it?" Phoenix asked, eager to see her family again.

"It's called the Resurrection Stone," He explained, "it's one of the-"

"-Deathly Hallows, I know," She interrupted, "you and Sirius told me the story a million times."

Remus gave her a warm smile as he climbed up to the top of the monkey bars and sat next to her. "We had some good times." He smiled. "Even in Azkaban."

"Yeah, if you call going to prison for talking with your caregiver, sharing a cell wall with your estranged cousin-aunt-person, and getting frequent visits from the Dark Lord himself good, then yes, it was fantastic." Phoenix retorted.

"You know what I mean, Nixie." He playfully bumped her shoulder and smiled, "we had good memories and fun times."

Phoenix snorted, "Yeah, like the time Sirius and I opened all the doors and windows in the house to play a prank on you when I was sick." Both of them smiled, recalling the memory.

"Nixie, you need to be quiet if you want to pull this off." Sirius said as he ushered a five year old Phoenix under the table in the living room of their flat (British word for apartment).

"Okay, fine," Phoenix giggled, "I'll be quiet now."

Sirius smiled at her and glanced at the window, "Now do you remember the spell?" Phoenix nodded her head eagerly. "Say it for me then."

"Abarta!" She said as she reached for Sirius' wand.

Sirius held his wand out of reach and looked down at the young witch, "No Little Wolf, it's Abarto!" Phoenix looked confused so Sirius expanded on his thought. "When you perform a spell, you have to pronounce it right or else it won't work." She looked up at him, soaking in every word he was saying and wanting to learn more.

"Can I try again Sirius?" Phoenix pleaded.

Sirius grinned and nodded, "Yes, try one more time and then we'll see if you're ready for me to call Remus in."

Phoenix nodded excitedly and spoke the spell like Sirius had taught her. Sirius handed her the wand and then called Remus into the room. Phoenix started giggling and Sirius had to hold a finger to his lips. She copied what he was doing and Sirius winked at her. Remus walked into the living room and looked around for Sirius and Phoenix.

"I wonder where they could be..." He said playfully.

Phoenix closed her eyes and held the wand close to her face before whispering, "Abarto!"

The front door opened, followed by the windows, then a few of the doors upstairs opened as well. "Bloody hell!" Remus muttered.

Phoenix gasped quietly, "He said a bad word!" Sirius started chuckling and Phoenix quickly joined in as her small giggles filled the room. Remus looked under the table and saw the two guilty suspects. He smiled and joined in on the laughter because Phoenix' giggles were so contagious.

"I remember that day," Remus said, smiling. "I loved the fact that Sirius was so convinced that you would be a Grim Animagus. He was so sure."

"Yeah, it's weird how he did that I guess. That was a good day." Phoenix said as she took her wand out of her boot and glanced at the empty bird bath in front of her. "Aguamenti!" The bird bath was soon filled with crystal clear water as Phoenix fiddled with her 13" holly wood wand with a dragon heart string core.

"I miss your little giggles, they were so cute and contagious." Remus said smiling. Phoenix snorted and nodded in agreement. After a minute, Remus spoke again.

"Nix..." Remus couldn't find the words to properly form the words he wanted to say.

"I know Remus." She mumbled.

Remus was a bit surprised, "You do?"

"Yes," She admitted and looked up at him, "I know it's not over."

Remus sighed and wrapped his arm around her. "It's almost over."

"I hope so." Phoenix started tearing up and soon, Remus had pulled her into a hug as she buried her face in his chest. "I can't believe he's gone, Remus."

Remus caressed the back of her head and rubbed her back. "I know, Nixie. Neither can I." His voice broke in the middle of his sentence as tears started to fall from his eyes as well.

"Do I have to go back to Hogwarts?" Phoenix asked as she started to calm down.

Remus sniffled and wiped his eyes, "Yes darling. Harry will be needing his twin right about now." Phoenix sniffled and accidentally dropped her wand.

She looked at her wand, then back at Remus and shrugged. "I'll get it later."

"Well, I don't want you snapping your wand so...Accio!" Phoenix' wand floated up to Remus' hand and he handed it back to her. "Shall we go?" He asked. Phoenix took a deep breath and nodded. Remus held out his arm for Phoenix to take, which she did, and twisted his wand as they Apparated back to Hogwarts.

Remus just so happened to Apparate to the courtyard, where Harry was sitting, picking at a few leaves. When he heard the rustling of leaves behind him, he looked up. When he saw Phoenix, he abruptly stood and ran to his sister. He tackled her in a hug and she struggled to keep her balance.

"I'm so glad you're alright." Harry muttered.

From behind them, they heard Remus say, "I'll be going now." And turned around. Phoenix broke apart from Harry and wrapped Remus Lupin in a tight embrace as he kissed her forehead, "Be good." He said as he let go of her and gave Harry a hug as well. Then, he Apparated away.

Harry turned back to his sister and pulled her into another tight hug, "It was a dark day for me too."

"I almost killed her Harry." Phoenix muttered.

"I know, I almost did too." He admitted.

Phoenix' breath hitched in her throat as the twins just stood there embracing each other until a voice halted them. "It's like having your parents back at Hogwarts," Professor Snape called from across the courtyard. Harry and Phoenix pulled apart and looked at the professor, "Except there isn't any kissing." Phoenix had to hold in her laughter and Harry snorted trying to keep his laughter in. "That got annoying after a while."

"Do you need something Professor?" Phoenix called.

Snape started walking over to the twins, "Yes. It's dinnertime. Come." Harry and Phoenix followed Snape as he turned and walked back into the castle. As they neared the Great Hall, they could hear students murmuring and chatting amongst themselves. Snape walked in and continued to the front while Harry and Phoenix hesitated and stayed behind.

They both took a deep breath and walked into the room. Everyone stopped talking and looked at them. Phoenix stopped in her place, thinking people had found out that she almost killed someone. But then Neville and Ron stood up, gesturing for Harry and Phoenix to join them - of course Phoenix couldn't but she sat across from them at her table. They were in the same spot at the different tables so that they could turn around and talk to each other during dinner.

All throughout dinner, Phoenix could fell Draco's eyes on her. But when she looked up and made eye contact with him, he quickly averted his gaze. Phoenix turned around often to talk with Harry until dinner ended and everyone went back to their dormitories. Phoenix was out of the Great Hall before anyone, making it a point to get to her room before anyone got there.

When she did, she changed into her pajamas, did her nightly routine, and climbed into bed. By that time, people started filing into the Slytherin dormitory. She closed her eyes as her roommates saw that she was 'sleeping' and left her alone. "We're here if you need to talk, Phoenix." Crystal offered.

"Thanks," Phoenix replied softly. She let her tired self overtake her and fell into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.7K 25
Harry didn't only have a godfather but also a godmother. A godmother who was sent to Azkaban for betraying his parents, James and Lily Potter. A godm...
28.8K 733 34
My story is a little different from others. "Of course that's why he knew what to give you Harry!" Hermione tells him. "Who is that? Jayden Potter...
1.2K 30 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...