It's a Battlefield : A Dricki...

De BunzMinaj

Nicki has been with SB for three years, and their spark is long gone. Every night he doesn't get home until 2... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Questions for the Characters
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 8

1.7K 46 7
De BunzMinaj

Nicki

Well. I was leaving. I packed up all of my shit, threw it into my car, and sped off to find a place to stay the night. I was probably gonna stay at a hotel somewhere, but it had to be pretty close. I didn't wanna drive too long to get to StarBucks at 3.

I'm not going to lie, I was scared. I was making a new life for myself, and I didn't know what to do with it. What did this new life hold? Depression and regret? Or does it hold happiness and promise; something I have been craving for who knows how long now? What was the future gonna be like from this day on?

On the other hand, I was kinda excited too. I was starting fresh. I had wiped my palette clean, and I was actually ready to make some new mistakes, and learn from them. I was ready to meet someone new, and feel that same thing I felt with SB three years ago.

And it was fun thinking about who that someone could be.

SB

I can't believe she left. She left me for good. She was serious. She was really serious.

I sit on the couch, bullshitting myself ten times over. How could I have let her go that easily? She just left, and I didn't do anything to stop her.

I could've done so many things to stop her from leaving me, yet I did nothing. I just sat down and watched her. I sat there and watched her pack all of her stuff into some suitcases. I sat there and watched her strip her closet of all the clothes she had hanging up there. I sat there and watched her grab her keys, and walk out that damn front door. And I did nothing -- absolutely nothing -- to stop her.

And the worst part is, she didn't even say goodbye.

All she did, before she walked out that door, was look at me, with red puffy eyes, and tear-stained cheeks.That's it. No wave or anything. Just a look.

But that look, oh, that look, said things that words couldn't.

I sighed, and made my way into the kitchen, opening the fridge. I grabbed an unopened six-pack of Coronas and sat back on the couch. I turned on the TV, and cracked one open. Might as well get drunk.

That usually solves all of my problems.

Nicki

I found a hotel to stay at that was only three blocks away from  StarBucks. I checked in, and the girl gave me my keys to the room. I planned to stay here for three days, which added up to a total of $135; not too bad.

I find my room -- which is one the second floor -- and unlock it, finding a pretty large room for such a small hotel. It was really clean, too.

I set down my bags, and checked the time. It was 1:47. I should start getting ready in about 20 minutes for my first day on the job.

. . .

I was completely done getting ready at 2:21. I had my hair in a high ponytail and a black headband to go over it. I had my uniform on, and, honestly, it fit perfectly. It was boring though. I'd probably have to badazzle it later on. I had on some white Vans to match, and some black hoops to pull the whole outfit together. I had black mascara, black eyeliner, pink lipstick, and some powder on -- my basic makeup for any day. I carried the scent "Pink Blossom" with me, from Bath and Body Works.

My phone vibrated. It was a text from Drake.

Drake - So, you got the job, huh?

Me - Yup.

He replied back almost instantly. He must be completely ready, too.

Drake - Ready for me to come pick you up?

Me - Yea, but I'm not at the apartment with SB.

Drake - What do you mean?

Me - We kinda maybe sorta broke up? I don't know. I'm just not living there anymore, I moved out.

Drake - Oh, wow. Ok, then. You'll have to explain it to me more in detail later, though.

Me - Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Drake - Anyways, where you at?

I told him the hotel I was staying in, and I gave him my room number. He said he'd be there in about fifteen minutes, and I said ok.

To pass the fifteen minutes it would take him to get here, I watched Judge Judy. Ah, this woman is QUEEN, I swearrrr.

True to his word, Drake was here in fifteen minutes, and we both walked side by side to his truck. We both hopped in and buckled our seatbelts, and Drake pulled out of the hotel parking lot.

Once we got on the road, he groaned anxiously.

"So, Nic, tell me what happened between you and SB," he begged, and I sighed, reliving the memory I was trying hard to forget.

"I went home to him at like 8 to sort out a couple of things I had said to him over the phone, and I ended up kissing him while he was apologizing for everything after I made him feel guilty. Then I pulled away, and kinda opened up to him and told him that I was done, and I started packing all of my shit and I left.He didn't chase after me."

Drake sat there in the drivers' seat, processing all the information I was feeding him. I think he saw this coming. I think he knew, deep down, that we weren't gonna make it.

And deep down, inside me, I knew we weren't either.

"Wow, Nicki," he said nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sorry."

I fake a small smile. "Don't be. We all saw it coming," I say truthfully. He didn't disagree.

It still hurt though, thinking about him. I mean, of course I'm going to think about him, I just broke up with him this morning, but I just hope this emptiness in the pit of my heart goes away soon. It's eating me alive. I miss him already.

I shook those mourning thoughts out of my head, and told myself to get excited. I had anticipated this all day, and I'm not gonna let some silly little thoughts ruin it.

"When does our shift end?" I ask Drake, curiously. Maybe I could go out and do something fun tonight. Maybe I could call up Rihanna, my best friend since tenth grade, and go out to the club tonight, to get my mind off things.

Yeah, that sounded good.

"7:00, why?" he answered.

I whisper a quiet yes.

"I wanted to go out tonight," I explain.

"Ah," he replied, as StarBucks came into view. My stomach twisted itself into knots, and my palms got sweaty. Drake noticed my sudden change in emotions, and entangled his hand in mine. He gave it a slight squeeze.

"Hey," he said, parking the car right in front of StarBucks. "You'll do fine. I know it, Onika Tanya Maraj."

I smile, and nod. "I know I will."

. . .

We exited StarBucks at 6:50. Mr. Stevens, our boss, let us go ten minutes early because business was finally slowing down. 6:25 and forward, we only had two more customers.

Drake and I hopped into his truck, and before he started the vehicle, he looked at me, amused.

"What?" I ask, confused. The fuck does his ass want now?

"You liked working at StarBucks, didn't you?"

I look him in the eyes, trying to maintain a straight face, but fail. I roll my eyes.

"Ok, ok, ok, Aub, yes, I liked working at StarBucks. You were right."

He chuckled to himself, the way he does when he proves someone wrong.

"I know you did. I told you so!"

I laugh. "Come on, get driving. I told you before, I wanna go out tonight!"

. . .

Drake dropped me off at the hotel, and right when I bursted through my front door, I got my phone out and dialed Rih's number. It rang three times before she picked up.

"Hello?" she answered. I smiled to myself. I missed her voice.

"Rih," I sang into the phone.

"Well, look who we have here! Nic! I haven't spoken to you in forever!"

I giggled. "I know, Rih, but I wanted to ask you something," I admit.

"Ask away."

"Do you wanna go to the club with me tonight?"

"Wait, what?" she asked, obviously confused.

"The club, Rihanna, do you wanna go to the club with me tonight? To just, you know, have fun?" I explain hopefully.

"Girl, you couldn't call at a more convenient time. I'll be ready in an hour."

I beam. "Ight, girl, see you in a bit."

I strip off my work uniform and slip into tight black dress with gold spikes on the shoulders. It showed off my curves perfectly and my it made my ass look two times bigger. It pushed up my boobs a little, too. I threw on some black high heels with gold spikes to match. As for accessories? Three gold rings, gold bangles, and some gold hoop earings. My makeup still looked good, but nevertheless, I did a couple touchups. All I did with my hair was straighten it, and I was ready.

I popped a couple mints in my mouth, just in case, too.

I looked myself over in the mirror, and smiled, overly satisfied. I looked hella good. Imma have boys all over me tonight.

Then again, I don't want a guy that's just looking for midnight sex, which I'll probably end up with since I'm going to a club, but still. I might find a decent guy, you know? I mean, I'm not gonna find my one true love tonight -- hellllll nah -- but I want something a little more than a one-night stand.

Just then, my phone buzzed.

Rihanna - Aye, you ready?

I smiled.

Me - Yeah, what about 'cho ass?

Rihanna - Yup. You gone come pick me up? Or nah?

Me - Sure, where you at?

She gave me her address, and I was off to pick her up.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

302K 5.5K 93
These are all of the oneshots & miscellaneous postings (i.e drafts, ideas, etc.) from my original blog fuckyes-dricki.blogspot.com! Most of these are...
What I like about you De HM

Ficção Adolescente

476K 11.1K 39
Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she isn't popular and isn't really a big fan...
25.8K 1.7K 19
𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐣 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐥�...
54.1K 1.6K 44
Sequel to 'It's Only The Beginning' A miracle brought them together but can that miracle keep them together or will they crash down like an Avalanche?