Chapter 22

Nicki

It was 10:00 in the morning when I woke up on the living room couch. I looked around to find Rihanna sleep on the ground with only a small pillow and a baby blanket to cover up with (and I mean like, a legit baby blanket. It was a baby blue with litte butterflies all over it). I chuckled to myself. Oh, she was a mess.

I got up off the couch and headed into the kitchen to fix myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes. As I ate, I thought to myself how fuckin' good I slept last night. Like I didn't wake up once. I felt like I had gotten a full nights' rest, which was something totally new. Damn, that weed really was magic.

Before long, Rihanna came into the kitchen, looking just as well-rested as I did.

"Good morning," she said, grabbing herself a cherry Pop-Tart out of the pantry and popping it in the toaster. "How'd you sleep?"

I sighed happily. "Fucking amazing! I feel, like, totally refreshed. Was it the weed...?"

Rihanna nodded. "I told you that shit was magic, my nigga."

Her Pop-Tart popped out the toaster and she quickly put it on the plate and sat down at the kitchen table with me.

"Any word from Chris?" I asked her.

"How would I know? I haven't checked my phone since last night," she said. "Any word from Drake?"

I thought for a moment. "I don't think so... But I guess I could go and see."

I ran up the stairs to my bedroom and pulled my phone off of its charger. It lit up and I gasped at how many calls, voicemails, and texts I had from Drake.

8 missed calls.

5 voicemails.

6 texts.

I listened to all of my voicemails first.

#1 - "Hey Nicki, it's Drake, I just... I really need to talk to you... Call me back when you get the chance. Bye."
#2 - "Hey, it's me again. I really need to talk to you. Please please please get back to me."
#3 - "Call me, ok?"
#4 - "Nicki, please get back to me ASAP... It's super important. Ok, bye."
#5 - "Me again... Since you're not answering, I'll call you back later... Please pick up."

Then the texts.

#1 - "Call me."
#2 - "Call me."
#3 - "Call me."
#4 - "Please answer."
#5 - "Nicki, this is really important. Please call me."
#6 - "Answer."

I really was starting to get worried. It obviously was important. I mean, he tried getting a hold of me for like, two hours straight! I had to call him back.

I dialed his number and he answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Drake..." I said. "You wanted me to call you?"

"Yes. I need you to meet me at Whataburger. Like, right now. Can you make it?"

I scoffed. "Drake, I -- "

"Great! See you there!" he said, before hanging up.

I sighed. Well, I guess I really didn't have a choice.

I stomped down the stairs, calling out to Rihanna, "Rih, I'm going out to meet Drake at Whataburger, he has something to tell me! I'll be back later!"

. . .

"So, what's up?" I asked Drake, who had made it to Whataburger before me.

"Ok, Nicki, I know this is way past due, but just please bear with me, ok?"

I raised my eyebrow. Where was he going with this...?

He sighed before continuing. "Nicki, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for all the hell I've put you through since that night. I know what I did was wrong, and that I never should have made that move on you. Everything that happened was my fault, and I just want to apologize for putting a huge dent in our relationship. I'm sorry, Nicki. I really and truly am. And I honestly don't expect you to forgive me, because the stunt I pulled was beyond unacceptable, but I just wanted to get this out there. I've really been thinking, and like... Damn... It really wasn't right for me to try and have sex with you just because I feelt sympathy for you... I initially wanted to make you feel better, but I ended up making it worse. God, Nicki, I'm so fucking sorry. You didn't deserve the shit I put you through. I'm sorry. So sorry."

I felt a pang in my chest as tears brimmed my eyes.
No crying, I thought, as I blinked them away.

"Drake, I -- I don't know what to say..." I stuttered.  "I'm... I'm so torn..."

"And I don't blame you, Nicki. I would be too, but I just want you to know that I really and truly meant everything I said, ok? I just want things to go back to the way they were. I want us to be how we used to be... Can we?"

I will admit I was thinking about turning the nigga down, but then I realized how heartless that would be. Like here he was, pouring his heart out to me, and I was gonna have to nerve to say no? Like damn.

I smiled and pulled him into a big hug and squeezed him as tight as I could. A couple tears rushed down my face, but they were happy tears.

"Of course, Drake," I said, looking back up at him. "I seriously can't turn down an apology like that."

. . .

Drake and I spent the rest of the day together, and it felt like nothing had ever happened between us. Even though we totally avoided talking to each other for, like, a month or two, it felt like we never stopped communicating. It amazed me.

We went to the movies to see Beyond The Lights, which I've been dying to see ever since I saw the trailer. Then, after that, we stopped to get a bite to eat, and then -- like the gentleman he is -- he drove me home. We made small talk as we drove.

"Yeah, like, I've always known Rih's been into weed, but I've never really saw it as a very good thing -- but goddamn, I've never ever slept better in all my life. Like it was amzing. And I woke up refreshed and happy and... It was just really nice, you know?" I said in respone to Drake asking if I'd ever smoked before. "What about you? Have you ever tried it out?"

He shook his head. "Nah."

"But isn't Niyah into weed?" I asked.

"She was," he said, "but she kinda lost interest after a while."

"You guys never smoked together?"

"I'm not all into that stuff, Nic..."

"Well," I said, "neither was I, but it turned out to be amazing. If it's ok with Rihanna, maybe you, her, and I can all smoke together. It'll be so much fun!"

Drake shook his head as he pulled into Rihanna's neighborhood. "I'm really starting to think you're a bad influence," he said, and I laughed.

"Goddamn, nigga, you're just now starting to realize that?"

After a couple more sarcastic remarks from both Drake and I, he pulled up to Rihanna's house and stopped the car.

"Thanks, Drake. I had a great time," I said as a got out of the car.

"No problem, Nika. I'm just glad that we're all good now," he said.

I giggled. "Yeah," I said. "See you tomorrow! Oh, and tell Niyah I said hey!"

He promised he would, and sped off to his own apartment. I smiled to myself, overly excited that everything was normal again.

~

Sorry if this chapter was boring.
10 comments?

xx Kylie