Chapter 8

Nicki

Well. I was leaving. I packed up all of my shit, threw it into my car, and sped off to find a place to stay the night. I was probably gonna stay at a hotel somewhere, but it had to be pretty close. I didn't wanna drive too long to get to StarBucks at 3.

I'm not going to lie, I was scared. I was making a new life for myself, and I didn't know what to do with it. What did this new life hold? Depression and regret? Or does it hold happiness and promise; something I have been craving for who knows how long now? What was the future gonna be like from this day on?

On the other hand, I was kinda excited too. I was starting fresh. I had wiped my palette clean, and I was actually ready to make some new mistakes, and learn from them. I was ready to meet someone new, and feel that same thing I felt with SB three years ago.

And it was fun thinking about who that someone could be.

SB

I can't believe she left. She left me for good. She was serious. She was really serious.

I sit on the couch, bullshitting myself ten times over. How could I have let her go that easily? She just left, and I didn't do anything to stop her.

I could've done so many things to stop her from leaving me, yet I did nothing. I just sat down and watched her. I sat there and watched her pack all of her stuff into some suitcases. I sat there and watched her strip her closet of all the clothes she had hanging up there. I sat there and watched her grab her keys, and walk out that damn front door. And I did nothing -- absolutely nothing -- to stop her.

And the worst part is, she didn't even say goodbye.

All she did, before she walked out that door, was look at me, with red puffy eyes, and tear-stained cheeks.That's it. No wave or anything. Just a look.

But that look, oh, that look, said things that words couldn't.

I sighed, and made my way into the kitchen, opening the fridge. I grabbed an unopened six-pack of Coronas and sat back on the couch. I turned on the TV, and cracked one open. Might as well get drunk.

That usually solves all of my problems.

Nicki

I found a hotel to stay at that was only three blocks away from  StarBucks. I checked in, and the girl gave me my keys to the room. I planned to stay here for three days, which added up to a total of $135; not too bad.

I find my room -- which is one the second floor -- and unlock it, finding a pretty large room for such a small hotel. It was really clean, too.

I set down my bags, and checked the time. It was 1:47. I should start getting ready in about 20 minutes for my first day on the job.

. . .

I was completely done getting ready at 2:21. I had my hair in a high ponytail and a black headband to go over it. I had my uniform on, and, honestly, it fit perfectly. It was boring though. I'd probably have to badazzle it later on. I had on some white Vans to match, and some black hoops to pull the whole outfit together. I had black mascara, black eyeliner, pink lipstick, and some powder on -- my basic makeup for any day. I carried the scent "Pink Blossom" with me, from Bath and Body Works.

My phone vibrated. It was a text from Drake.

Drake - So, you got the job, huh?

Me - Yup.

He replied back almost instantly. He must be completely ready, too.

Drake - Ready for me to come pick you up?