Chapter 27

Drake

All that was running through my head was Nicki loved me.
Nicki loved me.
Nicki loved me.
I couldn't even deny it if I wanted to. It was clearly written on this piece of notebook paper I was holding in my hands.
This was crazy.
Not that I didn't expect her to do something like this after last night. I mean, it was my move -- kissing her like that. She was probably really confused.
I know I would be, too, if I was in her shoes.
But none of that mattered. What mattered was how I was going to respond to this situation.
But the problem was, I didn't even know how I felt about it. How was I supposed to tell Nicki where I was at if I didn't even know that information?
I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, trying to think of what I could say, what I could do. She had stated her feelings clearly; now it was my turn.
I just needed some time.

Nicki

My heart raced as I wondered about Drake and the note.
Had he seen it yet?
What did he think?
Does he feel the same way?
Does he love me, too?
Or did I just completely ruin everything?

I sighed. I needed to do something to get my mind off of this. I crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and started the shower. As I waited on the water to heat up, I couldn't keep my mind from wandering again.
I needed him to tell me he felt the same way. I needed it. I had already embarrassed myself once and I really didn't want to go through that again. I just needed SOMETHING from him. Anything. Even if he said he needed to think about it. I mean, that wouldn't be the best response, but it's better than nothing. At least that would mean he had something to think about, yano?

I stuck my hand into the shower to check and see if the water had gotten hot yet.

Ah, perfect.

I slipped off my clothes and hopped in.

Rihanna

I woke up around 10, feeling somewhat well-rested, but starving. I rolled out of bed and made my way into the kitchen. Cereal sounded good. I grabbed a bowl from one of the cabinets and decided on some Fruit Loops. I poured the cereal in first, then the milk (you know, like a normal person) and started eating.

I went into the living room, hoping to watch some TV as I ate, but instead, I found Drake still on the couch. He wasn't asleep though; he was sitting up with his head hung over his shoulders. It seemed like he was studying something.

"Hey," I said tentatively.

He turned around quickly, disturbed.

"Oh, hey Rihanna," he said. He seemed relieved that it was me and not somebody else.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked, slipping into the armchair across from him.

"Nothing."

I noticed that he had a piece of notebook paper in his hand. Light scribbles of writing covered it, front and back. At first, I wasn't sure what it was, but then it hit me like a ton of bricks: Nicki's letter. She had actually done it!

"What's that? In your hand?" I asked. I didn't want him to know that the letter was my idea.

"Why you being nosey?" he asked jokingly.

"I'm not being nosey!" I exclaimed. "I'm just wondering."

He studied me for a second before speaking again.

"Well, actually," he said, handing me the note, "I need your help. I don't know what to do."

I obviously had to act like I didn't know what the paper was. I flipped it over, front to back and back to front, "examining" it.