Chapter 10

4 days later...

Nicki

Rihanna called me up yesterday and told me that I could come and stay with her and Chris as long as I needed to at their house, and I wasn't about to turn her offer down. Free rent, free food, free wifi... What more could I ask for? I tried to make it sound like I was hesitant about her offer, like I didn't wanna "trouble her", but to be honest, I started packing right when she gave me the option. Literally.

Oh, and by the way, if you didn't already put two and two together, Rih and Chris are already back together; no surprise there. Rihanna moved back in with him two days ago, but it's not gone be long 'fore she leaves him again.

Right now, I'm driving over to her and Chris's house, to get settled in. I took today off from work, too, so I won't have to stop suddenly and pick up later. No doubt I'll get tons of texts from Drake, asking where I am, and why I'm not at work. 

I pull into the driveway of a beautiful two-story house, where Rihanna is waiting for me on the porch. Her face lights up when she sees my car, and she rushes out to meet me.

"Hey!" she exclaims happily as I get out of my car and hug her.

"Hey!" I said as I pulled away.

She looked really good; definitely better than she did four days ago. Getting back with Chris really did her good. As her best friend, though, I hated her being with him, because of the way he treated her. But, she was happy with him -- well, most of the time -- and I wasn't finna ruin her good mood.

"You ready?" she asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I smiled big and nodded.

"Cool," she said, and grabbed some of my bags out of the trunk of my car, while handing me the others. "Me too!"

She led me into their house, and my mouth dropped in awe. It was way nicer than I expected it to be! I expected it to look almost exactly like SB and I's apartment; broken glass on the floor, beer cans and bottles laying around everywhere, crooked pictures on the walls. I thought that maybe since they had the same things going on as SB and I, they lived in the same conditions.

But I was so wrong.

"Rih, this place is beautiful," I said as she led me up the stairs to my room.

She laughed. "Thank you, we try," she said honestly.

We got to the top of the staircase and she showed me around my room. It was nicely sized. It was more than I really needed.

"Oh my Godddd, Rih," I exclaim, and pull her into a huge hug. "Thank you so much, you don't know how grateful I am."

She laughed and pulled away.

"Imma let you get settled in. Meet me downstairs in the kitchen when you're done, ok?"

I nodded, and she left me to unpack.

SB

I don't know why the hell I keep thinking Nicki is coming back. She's obviously not. I guess I have to win her back, because I've come to realize that I'm absolutely nothing without her. I needed her to keep me sane. I loved her, I really and truly did, and with all my heart. I just didn't know if she knew that.

But how would I win her back? For starters, I ain't even know where she is. I mean, I could text her, but I'm almost 100% sure that she wouldn't tell me. Why would she? Oh well, it's worth a shot.

I got out my phone and composed a new message to Nicki.

Me - Nicki, where are you? We really need to talk.