Chapter 11

Nicki

I had to tell Drake about what happened with Messiah and me. You know, the whole clubbing expierience. I really didn't want to, though, because every time I even thought about Messiah, I'd get caught up in the feelings. I know I had no reason to, because I only knew the nigga a few hours. But it still hurt knowing that I was just pussy to him, you know? I was just another chick. Nothing more than another hoe at the club.

I was sure he was already on his way to Whataburger, but I was only midway through grocery shopping. The nigga can wait. He could buy me a meal in the meantime, shit. But I couldn't just leave the store, I still had things to buy. I'll probably get tons of texts from him, like "Nicki, TF is you?" or "I'm waiting, bitch" and stuff, but it's whatever.

. . .

I checked out all of my stuff, and by the time I reached my car and took off to Whataburger, I had recieved 12 texts and four calls from Drake. I had only responded to 3 text messages, and that probably made him even more mad, but I didn't care. He was kinda cute when he was mad. Kinda turned me on.

As I was driving, I decided to go ahead and respond to SB's text I had gotten earlier that day. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" he said, sounding restless.

"You wanted to talk about something with me?" I asked.

"Yes, baby, I did."

I scoffed, disgusted at what he had just called me. "Don't call me 'baby'. Just get to the goddamn point."

"Nicki, I love you, and I need you. Just come back to me, please. Please Onika, I just, I just can't even cope without you by my side. I know I may have made mistakes, but that doesn't change the fact that I love you to fucking death and I would do anything to keep you by my side. Please Nicki, just please..."

I gulped, and felt the smallest bit of sympathy for him, which was the last thing in the world I wanted to do. Lord knows he didn't deserve it. But still, as much as I didn't want to...

"SB, we can't be doing this shit again. I'm getting real sick and tired of this running back and forth between you and fuckin' hotel rooms. I'm sorry, Safaree, but I just can't anymore. I'm starting over, and I'm moving on. I think you should do the same."

I could feel hot tears running down my cheeks, and I wiped them off immediately. I wasn't gonna cry over him. Not again.

"Nicki, please, just give me another chance, you have to -- "

"I'm done with chances, SB! Don't you get it?! I can't go through with all this hurt again. I can't go through with anything having to do with you anymore. I'm done. I'm done crying over you. I'm done moving out, I'm done drinking my problems away. I'm just done."

I ended the call after that. I couldn't catch the feelings for SB now. I just couldn't...

I pulled into the Whataburger parking lot and walked in. I almost immediately saw Drake, who looked as of he was finna strangle someone. I stifled a laugh. I was turned on.

I quickly sat down in front of him in the booth he'd picked out for us, where a burger and some fries were waiting for me. He glared at me as I unwrapped my meal.

"What was so damn important?" he growled.

"So, four days ago, Rihanna and I went to a club. I told you that we were going, right?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

He nodded, his expression softening.

"Well, at the club, we each ended up taking home a guy. I took home a guy named Messiah, and she took home another guy named Lamar. We fucked and fell asleep next to each other, but when Rihanna and I woke up, these niggas weren't there. I got a text from Messiah a few minutes later saying that he left his shirt at my hotel room, and that he'd be thers to come and get it." I stopped to shove a couple fries in my mouth. "He did end up showing up, like he said he would, and asked for his shirt back. I refused to give it to him until he told me why he just left me like that. You know what he said?"