Chapter 13

Nicki

"The fuck are you doing here, SB?" I asked him as he approached Drake and I. He carried the strong smell of alcohol with him. He's probably drunk.

"Nicki, can I talk to you al -- "

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, my nigga. Answer my question first. What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Doing. Here," I hissed through clenched teeth. I still couldn't believe I ran into him here, like what? I mean, he did go to strip clubs -- he said it himself -- but to be here with him at the same time and same place? Can you say bad luck or nah?

"That doesn't matter."

"Well it sure as hell matters to me. Answer my question or I'm not answering yours. Period."

He sighed, obviously frustrated.  "I was going to the strip club to get my mind off things and I saw you here, the end."

I laughed. Surely he wasn't expecting me to believe that piece of shit story.

"Right. I wouldn't believe that for a second."

"Well if you don't believe me, that's your goddamn problem, but it's true."

I scoffed, and rolled my eyes. I could tell I was pissing him off, but I could care less.

"Whatever. Now what did you want in the first place?"

"I wanted to know if I could talk to you -- "

"Well speak then," I growled in a low voice.

" -- in private," he continued.

In private? The hell did he want to speak to me in private for? I was hoping he wasn't finna apologize, because he should know by now that I wasn't gonna accept it. I was done with him. I really was. He needed to realize that.

I bit my lip. Should I...?

"Fine, let's go," I huffed, and got up out my seat. I saw Drake's eyes get wide, and before I could take off with SB, he grabbed hold of my wrist. SB and I both looked back at him in surprise.

"Nicki..."

"Drake, relax. I can handle this," I assured him. I scowled at SB before continuing. "He's not gonna do anything."

. . .

SB dragged me to a secluded corner, out of Drake's view. I jerked my arm away from him.

"Alright, I'm here. Now what the fuck do you want?" I asked him.

His expression softened as he took my hand in his and squeezed it.

I didn't pull away.

"Nicki," he started, in a calm, steady voice. In a voice that I missed so much. "I love you, ok? I love you, and I always will. Believe me, Nicki, I've tried to get over you, I really have, but as hard as I try, I can't. I've dated a few other girls for a short amount of time, but every single one of them reminded me of you in some sort of fashion. I know you've probably moved on, but I sure as hell haven't, despite how much I want to. Like it or not, I love you Nicki, and I can't change that fact. I can't. I know the last thing in the world you want to do is hear me ramble on and on, but I needed to tell you this in person. Listen, I know you still love me, I just know you do, I just need to hear you say it. Just once. Just say it, and I'll leave you alone. So Nicki," he sighed, "Do you love me?"

I was literally on the verge of tears. I really and truly was. Shit, I was about to go Niagara Falls on this nigga. But, I couldn't. At least, not just yet.

Safaree still loved me, but a question that I didn't even know the answer to, floated around in the air. Did I still love SB? Do I? I mean, here I was, willingly letting him hold my hand, and there he was, rambling on and on about how much he still loved me, and I was listening.