Chapter 12

Saturday night...

Nicki

Tonight is the night of Niyah's birthday party, and, unexpectedly, I was sorta excited. I had almost completely gotten over what had happened with Messiah, and it felt good moving on.

Yesterday I got payed and LAWDDDD, I can't even tell you how happy I was to have all that money in my possession. It might not take so long for me to get enough money together so I could buy my own apartment, after all, and if that didn't motivate me, I don't know what would. Still, I was planning to take  a lil' more than a hundred dollars with me to the strip club; some for drinks, and the rest for the strippers, of course. From what I've heard, these were top-notch strippers, and earned over three thousand a night. Sounded like my kinda job...

I checked the time. 7:43 PM. Drake would be here to pick me up around 9, so I figured I might as well start getting ready.

First I took a nice, long relaxing shower to calm the nerves. I used some of my brand new body wash that I got from Bath and Body Works, which I have been meaning to get for a while now. When I got out, I wrapped a towel around my hair and rubbed on some of my new lotion to go with the body wash, and then I went to my closet to pick out tonight's outfit. I didn't want anything too revealing or too sexy, but I didn't want to be exactly modest either. I settled on a simple black strapless dress that complimented my curves perfectly. To match, I put on some black stilettos and a couple black and gold rings. For a finishing touch, I put on a pair of gold hoops.

I dried and straightened my hair, and also sprayed some hairspray, just in case. My hair sometimes didn't agree with me, and I didn't wanna take any chances.

Finally, I put on some makeup, and when I was done, I looked absolutely amazing. I may have looked better than I did last time I went to the club, which said a lot. I admired myself in the mirror for a couple more minutes, before checking the time. 8:56. Drake should be here any minute.

I strutted down the stairs, into the living room, to find none other than Rihanna and Chris making out on the couch -- no surprise. They obviously didn't hear me walk in, so I cleared my throat and they both looked up. Rihanna smiled, her cheeks turning a bright red.

"Hey Nicki," she giggled, and I smiled. You couldn't help but love Rihanna to death.

"Hey Rih," I said, sitting down in an extremely comfortable armchair.

Chris got up off the couch, and rubbed his hands together. "Imma go get a glass of water." He looked irritated, and I had a feeling that it was because I interrupted him and Rih's makeout session. Iono why he mad tho. If you gonna get pissed that I walked in on you, go somewhere private and do it, shit.

"Ok, bring me back some wine," Rihanna said.

"What kind?"

"Surprise me."

Chris left the room, leaving just me and Rihanna.

"So, where are you going tonight, all dressed up n' shit?"

"Strip club for Drake's girlfriend's birthday."

She nodded. "Ahhh, you mean the tall cute lightskin that you always hang around with? You guys would be adorable together," she cooed. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Yeah, I don't think so."

"No, I'm serious!" Rihanna exclaimed. "Deny it all you want, but when you guys are exchanging rings at the alter, I won't say I told you so."

I scoffed. "Pshhhh. Never gonna happen." I thought for a moment. " ... And even if it did, you sure as hell wouldn't be invited to the wedding."

She smirked. "If you say so..."