Chapter 24

Drake

I woke up around 10 the next morning, but without Nicki next to me. She must already be up, eating breakfast or something. I hopped out of bed, eager to meet her, but only after checking my phone for any calls or texts that I might've missed throughout the night.

My eyes widened at how many time Niyah had tried to get a hold of me last night.

11 missed calls.

5 texts.

Shit.

This was either really really bad, or really really good.

I forced myself to open and read every single one of the 5 texts, even though I really didn't want to.

#1 - Call me right fucking now.
#2 - Answer your goddamn phone.
#3 - Answer.
#4 - Drake, I am not playing games with you right now. You betta answer me when I call yo ass!
#5 - Call me!

There was no question on what I needed to do next.

I reluctantly dialed her number and Niyah picked up on the first ring. It was almost like she was waiting for me all night the hit her up.

"Hey, Niyah. What's u --- "

"Drake, we're through. Your stuff is outside. I suggest you come by as soon as you can before somebody else claims yo stuff as they own."

I was taken aback by her statement. Where was she coming from with this?

"Wh -- Wait, what?" I asked, my voice growing shrill. "Niyah, what the fuck? What are you talking about?"

"Drake, I know about you and Nicki. I know about what you two did."
Oh.

Yeah.

I never did tell her about getting caught with Nicki in bed by SB, because why the fuck would I? I knew she would do something like this. She's already caught me trying to cheat on her with that one girl, Mercedes, on her birthday. I had a feeling she wasn't going to tolerate Nicki and I's little 30-minute fling.

My heart was racing and I could feel little beads of sweat rushing down my face. Shit, this couldn't be happening, this couldn't be happening, this couldn't be happening...

"What... What are you talking about...?" I asked. Maybe if I played dumb, I could get out of this.

"Drake, don't you dare play stupid with me, I'm not in the fuckin' mood. You know exactly what I'm talking about."

I ran my hand through my hair. "Niyah... It's not what... We need to talk..."

"No, Drake, we don't. I have nothing more to say to you. Just come by the apartment and grab your stuff before somebody else does."

And with that, she hung up.

I flung myself onto the bed, and the last thing I remember thinking was how much trouble I had just gotten myself into.

Nicki

I looked up from my blueberry waffles to see Drake enter the kitchen, with a noticeably deep frown. I was still on a high from last night and I was kind of disappointed to see that he wasn't.

"Drake? What's... What's wrong?" I asked.

"Niyah just broke up with me," he said, faking a chuckle.

I put my hand over my mouth, unable to believe what I had just heard. Niyah and Drake broke up?

"Oh my God," I said, quickly getting up from my seat to go and comfort Drake. I pulled him into a tight hug, and he didn't hesitate to hug me back. "I'm so sorry. Wha -- Why did she break up with you?"