Just A Country Girl [complete...

By 0_0samantha

When one is in an abusive relationship, usually the solution is to obviously leave that relationship. But one... More

Welcome
1. Ross
2. Reunion
3. Heart break
4. Big blue tractor
5.Everette
6. Hidden Lake
7. Fruit basket
8. Stupid teenagers
9. November weather
10. Offers
11. Accidents happen
12. The mysterious glob
13. Charity case
14. Just a nightmare
16. Bandaids
17. Third wheeling
18. Battles
19. Crack in the wall
20. Oh brother
21. Winter plans
22. Girl's night
23. Tension builds
24. The black bikini
25. Too close
26. Fireworks
27. Fell in love?
28. Bruised eye
29. Sneaky suspicions
30. Plans
31. Fake sympathy
32. Revelations
33. Trigger
34. Whole family
35. My secret battle scar
36. Learning to forgive
37. Promises
Epilogue
A/N
Update [please read]

15. Jealousy?

327 20 4
By 0_0samantha

*-*-*
Though I'm not getting many reads, I'm still going to stay true to my book and to me because this was something I've been wanting to do, I hope you enjoy and ignore the typos and mistakes.
*-*-*

"Happy Thanksgiving!" I say walking into the kitchen smiling at a very charming Cole. It had been a week since my 'nightmare' incident. I was now healed to the point where I could get out of bed and walk around and do simple activities. Yes, it still hurt, but the pain was minor and it shouldn't be long until I'm completely healed and pain free.

Cole has been nothing but good to me since I've been staying. He's fed my animals every day and would make sure that I was happy while I was staying. He took my secret rather well and I was very relieved of how he handled things. He was always ranting about how I was good enough to try and make me believe that I was and I've heard him talk so much about it that I'm starting to believe that I do deserve somewhat a good life with the right man.

"Happy Thanksgiving to both of you." He smiles referencing to Benny and me. I pat Benny's head and go to make him something to eat.

"What's today's schedule?" I ask from in the kitchen as I pour some dog food into the bowl for Benny to eat.

"Well, for tonight's supper, I've invited my cousin and a friend of mine." He announces.

I had been planning to spend most of my day in the kitchen preparing for dinner and slave over the oven all day.

"My cousin should be here soon actually." He says to my surprise.

"What?" I ask incredulously. I didn't look presentable at all. I was wearing sweatpants and one of Cole's sweatshirts. I rush out of the kitchen.

"I look awful I need to change before anyone gets here." I say before a hand catches mine and pulls me back.

My chest hits Cole's, making us seemingly closer. "No you don't, you look great." He smirks. I step back.

I point an accusing finger. "Ahh, Cole, if I weren't mistaking, I'd say you were flirting with me." I smirk jokingly. He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Whose to know? Anyways, you look good in my shirt, but if you insist on changing then be my guest." He says shrugging.

"I am your guest." I smirk running out of the dining room and to my bedroom to get dressed. I pick out a red sweater with leggings and boots. I curl my hair and hurry and put makeup on. Deciding to get out of my comfort zone I added red lipstick to my makeup look to match my sweater. I added to the look by wearing some silver jewelry that I owned. After taking a once over in the mirror I had decided that I looked presentable and walked back out of the room and into the kitchen where I found Cole sitting and talking to a lady that seemed to be my age with jet black hair and green eyes that matched Cole's.

When they noticed my presence Cole took a double take at my appearance before gathering himself to speak.

"Juliet, this is my cousin Evelyn." Cole informs me. I smile.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." She reaches a hand out for me to shake. She had a strong southern accent, but Cole's was stronger.

I take her hand in mine and greet her politely. "Nice to meet you too, Evelyn."

"I was just going to the kitchen to prepare dinner, you are more than welcome to join me and your help would be appreciated." I chuckle.

"Those were my intentions, dear." She smiles at me and makes her way into the kitchen leaving me and Cole behind in the dining room.

"Behave yourself." I smirk at Cole teasingly. He smirks back.

I walk into the kitchen where Evelyn had already prepared pans.

"So, I hear you live right next door." She says making conversation. I nod.

"Yeah, I do."

"Well, I just have to say this, you're really pretty." She smiles.

"Thank you." I chuckle. "You're really pretty as well." I say. She smiles.

Both Evelyn and I slaved over the oven and cooked for a great portion of the day. We were constantly talking throughout the making of tonight's supper. I hadn't had the chance to spare Cole any of my thoughts, so now I wondered what he's been doing all this time.

I walk out of the dining and into the living room. "Hey Cole, what have..... Oh, I'm sorry for interrupting." I say blushing as I stumble upon Cole and another man with long black hair having a somewhat serious conversation.

"No, it's okay." He says as I turn back to leave. "Wait," he stops me. I turn back around waiting for what he has to say.

"Juliet, this is Dathon, he's my bestfriend." I smile sheepishly at the man with long black hair. He had grey eyes and freckles staining his nose and cheeks, he had a sharp jawline and one dimple on his right cheek. He smiled.

He got up with his hand extended for me to shake. I take his hand. "Hello," I greeted shyly.

"Sorry to be straightforward, but you look absolutely gorgeous. Red definitely is your color." I tilt my head down letting my hair fall in front of my face so that he couldn't see the appearing blush that was now making its way onto my face.

"Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself." I chuckle looking back up at him as he was looking down at me with a flirtatious half smile. I blushed. I look back over to Cole who has an emotion swirling in his eyes that I couldn't exactly put my finger on and detect.

I turn my gaze back to Dathan who's eyes never left my face. "May I have the pleasure of sitting next to you during supper?" He asks showing a charming smile.

"That would be nice." I smile politely. He nods a satisfied smile playing on his lips as he makes his way into the kitchen, leaving me to be alone with Cole.

"Well, your friend is sure the flirtatious one." I chuckle. Cole's face remains blank.

"Whatever," He says in a bored tone. I arch a brow.

"You okay?" I ask resting a hand on his bicep, I could feel his body tense.

"Yeah, maybe you should return back to the kitchen." He says with no emotion. I purse my lips.

"but," I start. "I came out here to talk to you." I smile sheepishly.

"Well I don't wanna busy you." He shoots a little rudely. What did I do? I ask myself.

"What's wrong?" I ask confused of why the sudden change in attitude.

"Nothing, really, leave it. Go back to the kitchen and busy yourself." He say kind of coldly.

"Actually, I'm gonna go back home." I say harshly not needing his attitude today or ever. I walk out of his front door slamming it slightly. I eye the four wheeler that was still in his yard and contemplate getting on it. When the door opens and I see Cole walking towards me, my hesitation left, I jump onto the four wheeler starting it.

"Wait!" Cole yells at me with guilt in his eyes. I roll mine and speed off on the four wheeler towards my house. I'd be careful this time.

I make it to my house in literal no time. I stop the four wheeler and make my way over to the door before looking back over to Cole's house and seeing that his car is gone. I roll my eyes as I see Cole's car making its way into my driveway.

I wait for the car to stop and for the rude man to exit the vehicle.

"I'm sorry." He says immediately after he gets out of the car.

"Why were you being so rude in the first place? If there's a good reason please notify me, because I really don't understand." I say leaving a hand on my hip.

"I didn't like how he was being so flirtatious with you." He admits.

"What's the problem in that?" I ask as he starts approaching. "I don't know?" He answers.

"Look, I really am sorry for being rude back there, please, let's just head back and sit next to me, not him." He smiles a guilty smile.

"What's wrong with sitting next to Dathan?" I ask incredulously.

"He's to much of a man whore, he's my bestfriend, yeah, but I don't trust him with the people I care about; you." He explains.

"So, what, him wanting to sit next to me means that he wants me in his bed now?" I ask annoyed.

He shrugs his shoulders. I throw my hands in the air incredulously.

"Or," I start. "you're just jealous." I smirk. He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever," He sighs. "are you coming back or what?"

"Yes," I answer. "but, I get to sit next to Dathan." I finish. Cole smacks his lips displeased. "Juliet," He sighs.

"Yes?" I answer nonchalantly.

"Please?" He pleads annoyed.

"Okay, but your the one whose telling him that he can't get his wish because you wanted me all to yourself." I tease, he smirks.

"Sure, princess." I blush and he notices it giving a chuckle. I roll my eyes and hop back onto the four wheeler.

"Wait, you're not actually riding that back to the house, are you?" He asks incredulously.

"Yes, that a problem?" I ask challengingly. He smirks back walking over to me.

"No, not at all, but I'm driving." He whispers into my ear making me shiver then hopping on in front of me.

"What about your car?" I ask.

"We'll get it later." He answers. "Now hold on tight." He says. I clutch my arms around his waist to hold on. I could feel his sculpted body from under my touch. I blushed, but was thankful for the direction he was facing, so that he couldn't see my girlish blush.

He started the four wheeler and sped down the field. I tightened my grip to his waist to insure my safety as we rode. We stopped in front of his house and got off the four wheeler. His hair was tousled from the wind rushing through it.

We went back into the house. "Where were y'all?" Dathan asks as we come in.

"Talking," Cole answers. "and she's sitting with me, I hope you don't mind." Cole smiles.

"Wait, are you two dating?" He asks pointing to us both.

"No." I answer. He shrugs and walks back into the kitchen.

"I think I should go help out in the kitchen." I say to Cole. "I'll join." He says walking next to me while I enter the kitchen.

So, there we were. All four of us in the kitchen preparing the food together. After we were done with the food we all sat down together to eat the delicious food we spent all day making. After dinner we all sat down and watched a movie.

Evelyn and Dathan left soon after one another leaving Cole and me to have the whole house to ourselves. The real thing I was thankful for was Cole. He'd been nothing but good to me. He's the angel that saved me and has kept me happy.

There I was slowly falling for him without realizing it.

*-*-*
I'm not to sure about this chapter really... but here you go :) <3
*-*-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...
2.3K 86 27
William and Juliet were high school friends. It was the typical he loves her, she loves him, everybody knows but them. Something happens and Juliet j...
20.9K 381 40
"Go change, Dear Juliet," he stood, holding out his hands and pulling me up. "Dear Juliet," I smiled widely, "I like that." "From now on you shall be...
151K 3.9K 32
"𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...