The Boss

Oleh Shauna_shay

Cold. Iced. Frosty. Aloof. All compatible, making the perfect package. That was the aura he dispersed. His... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Sweet ole' Mr Richards
Bitter young Mr Richards
Taking a Stand
Mr Richards vs Me
Nightly Adventure
Trapped
Meeting Kade
A Ladybug
I think I'm fired
Unbelievable
Aftershocks
Mr Steele
Regret or Euphoria
A Mole
The Hunt
Suspicions
Playing the Game
Captured
Discovered
Hope
Déjà vu
Assistant (x2)
Getting Help
Problem Solved
A Touch of the Past
A Bit of Truth
Tears
Reign vs Rain
A New Life
Dear Miss Rosa

Transferred

6K 211 8
Oleh Shauna_shay

I walked inside the department. Eyes gazed at me out of curiosity while some looked simply uninterested. I looked around the building. Cubicles were rowed down on the floor. I put a smile on my face and got my acting in place. If I do this, it had to be the right way.

I walked to the main office and knocked before waltzing in. I didn't bother to wait on a reply.

"Excuse me Miss, you can't barge in here like that," a weighty looking man said to me. I scanned his physique. He was overweight almost to obesity. His bulging stomach could hardly fit inside the suffocating shirt around it. With his tiny head, it almost looked like the body didn't match. Perspiration soaked his shirt in wet patches. I resisted the urge to gag.

Instead, I giggled out.

"Forgive my intrusion dear sir, I wasn't really thinking. You see, I could've sworn you told me to come in," I chided twirling around my brunette hair.

"Well, you certainly heard wrong. I will excuse this behavior this one time. Now, who are you?" He asked pointedly.

"Oh, where's my manners. Forgive me, Miss Rosa Jones," I extended my hands, "at your service sir."

The burly man got up from his chair. It was quite slowly really, and a tad bit amusing. His weight looked like it would bring him down any minute now. He proved me wrong though, because he was up on those....

...what do you call those?....

... humongous feet.

Oh well.

"I heard you were coming, didn't expect you this soon. I'm Mr Perkins and I must say, you have an impressive file for a...," he looked for a word.

"Beautiful, spontaneous, delectable person," I added to his thinking, "or do you prefer loudmouth, ill-mannered and quite frankly bold person."

He looked at me with wide eyes. A broad smile made its way to my face. "I prefer the latter one actually, I mean, who likes to be perfect." Disbelief was evident on his face. He took a few seconds before he sighed and turned around.

"Come, have a seat," he said to me walking to his chair. I plopped down on the chair ungracefully and popped the gum I was chewing in my mouth before resuming chewing again. "It is within my knowledge that you've been transferred from the accounting department. Why is that so?" He inquired.

I clicked my tongue, "They think I'm more expertise in this field."

He nodded his head. Taking up a black phone, he dialed a number. "Come to  my office right now," he said before hanging up and placing the phone in its holder.

A few minutes later a knocked sounded from the other side of the door.

"Come in,"  the man said almost breathlessly.

That man is in need of some serious exercise, loosing some acres will do him justice because certainly pounds will look like he isn't even trying. Man!

I turned around to a woman entering the office. She looked around my age but more slender and taller than me. She walked up to us. While she walked gracefully, her healthy blonde locks swept about elegantly in the light wind. Her green eyes wondered over to me for a second before looking at Mr Perkins.

"Miss Rosa Jones, this is Annabeth Jordan."

We looked at each other, both studying the flaws and perfections accentuated to one another. As if satisfied with what each other saw, a smile broke out on our faces the same time. I stood up.

"Pleasure to meet you," I said holding my hand out.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine," she stated in her sugary voice.

"Miss Jordan,  I'd like you to show Miss Jones around along with her work area, B22." Mr Perkins inputted.

"Will do sir," she nodded.

"You both may go," he told us.

We turned around and walked to the door. I turned around, "Oh and sir, before I go I must say, you have a very appraising tummy before you." I spun around a left closing the door behind me. I didn't have to look back to see the face of the wet, patched filled man.

The blonde before me sputtered out before bursting in fits of laughter. I smiled at the melody flowing out her mouth. She was truly a sight.

"Oh my God, your something else Rosa, I can tell we'll get along just well."

"I couldn't have said it better myself," I commented as we trod off from the burly man.

"As you know, this is the logistics department. We're all about finding solutions to the most difficult problems around. It is not much, because most people today don't like thinking. Oh well," she sighed, "glad to see your onboard."

I smiled at her.

As we walked down the blue cubicle, she started discussing the necessities of what basically is done around. She showed me the people who will be good friends and those who are too uptight.

"So that's Ben," her eyes pointed to a brown haired fellow who was talking to a girl, "don't ever get with him, he's a real flirt and would dump you by the end of the day if he gets what he wants. The person beside him is Natasha, a real bitch, if you ask me. She basically believes she rules the place because she's on the boss's good side."

The person she was speaking about was a blonde just like her only more makeup clad. Her skirt was above mid thigh and her blouse hid nothing for the imagination. One thing was certain, I didn't like her already.

"The person on the over there, the one in the red sweater is Aria. She's really nice and has this passion for talking. Trust me once that girl starts, there's no stopping her." The girl this time had black hair. I couldn't really see her because her back was to me. "That person over there is Roger. You don't have to worry about  him hitting on you or anything of the sort, he's gay and very sweet. That body of his, is to die for, it's really too bad he's gay." She pouted. "Oh, you see that person there, at the far corner, that's Stephanie. She barely talks and when she does you have to listen really good to hear what she's saying. No one really knows anything about her. I tried to get to know her but she's not the one to open up. She supposedly doesn't speak English much. Anyways," she stopped, "this right here is your cubicle, B22. Mine is six cubicles down if you need me." I looked at the area. It was small compared to what I usually have but I guess it'll do. I mean, it's not like I'm picky or anything. "Come on, let me show you the rest of the floor," she chirped.

I walked alongside her down the floor. She continued to show me the persons around. The coffee room, the cafeteria and the bathroom. She said the was also a photocopying room but it's been out of service for a while now and it's a good thing they don't need it much.

"That room right there is Mr Duncan's office. It's always locked and he hardly comes out. It's like it's a top secret place or something. They say he'll be retiring soon and almost everyone in here who's been here long is vying for that position. Do get me wrong, even I want it because I think I'm capable enough to do the job," she sighed out, "who knows who will get it. They say the person is hand chosen from the man upstairs, the head. What's his name again," she thought. I resisted the urge to shout it out. "Oh yea, Mr Richards. I barely even know him. Haven't even catch a glimpse of him but from what I've heard he's a hot piece of specimen."

If only you know.

"Okay, enough chit chat about me, what about you, why did you transfer?" She questioned.

"How did you know I was transferred?" I cautioned.

"Rumor spreads around here like wild fire. Trust me, everyone within ear reach knows," Annabeth said.

I nodded my head slightly, "I'm here on official business."

Her eyes mirrored confusion.

I laughed out, "I'm just joking. Mr Steele said I had more expertise in this division than the rest. He said that I could accomplish great things here."

Her eyes held relief when she heard I was joking. "Oh, well thank the Lord for Mr Steele or else I would have never met you."

"I myself, couldn't agree with you more," I said to her smiling.

"Come on, let's get to work. After all, I want to impress the man up top if I want that position."

I agreed with her and headed back to my cubicle while she went back to hers. I sat down and spun around for a while getting comfortable. Something I always tend to do. After, I got started on the work Annabeth showed me to do.

It wasn't complicated of any sort to me. Instead I found it really easy to do. If I could thank one person for this, it had to be Seb because he taught me everything I know. He had pushed me into doing everything when I was lost. That way my mind was always occupied with everything else to think about what had happened. Each time things got easier to do he would give me a challenge that would give a struggle. But I was sure to pass that challenge because it made me happy. It always gave me a sense of relief. It made me feel like I was worth something.

Some might say why a girl so expertised like me would choose this job. I don't know myself why I interviewed (I guess I was trying different job areas out) but I definitely know why I stayed. This place made me happy. It gave me another home, another challenge. I was grateful for Richards Inc.

I grabbed the files as soon as I was finished with them and headed to Annabeth's cubicle.

She glanced up when she saw me. "Finished already?"

I nodded.

"They weren't lying when they said you were more expertised in this division," she smiled at me. I just smiled back at her. "Okay, let me finish this up and then we can get another task and after we can go for lunch."

I nodded. "Sounds like a good plan."

• • • • • •
Have you met someone who you just clicked with instantly before?

Vote and comment.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

57.5K 1.1K 20
"I missed you Kay" he said seductively in my ear. I bit my lip to pressures the shudder that was about to erupt. I wouldn't fall for his tricks. Not...
203K 10.7K 49
❝You feel so good, 𝐌𝐬. 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧.❞ He moans in my ear before arching me on his desk. I tried to keep my moans at a minimum, but he felt incredible...
1.6M 47.3K 42
#1 - Office love #12 - Secrets * * * "Such a pretty mouth should not tell any bad words. Next time you c...
8.8K 751 22
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...