QingYu: A Wuxia Tale (Going T...

By ginaddict

A young man with a dream... A Captain with a mission to fulfill... They will meet and form a bond that no one... More

A Boy With a Dream
A Chance Encounter
At the Crack of Dawn
A Walk with A Keeper
Protector
In One Room
The Shadow
Questions and Rumors
Desk
Ambush
Poison
Savior
Bedridden
Fall in You
Flirting
The Spy
Night of Thoughts
Personal Assignment
The Hitch on the Plan
The Accomplice
Border in SiChuan
Home
Strange
Operation: Seduction
Sleeping Separately
Aftermath
A Mad Bull in the Fence
Armory
Shell Shocked
Liar
Hiding Spot
Missing
Embrace in the Dark
I Want You
Innocent
Cherry Bloosoms are Romantic
Concern
Half Truths
Future Plans
Play and Change of Heart
Badly Touched
One Rainy Morning
Lemon Scented Oil
Locked
I Love You
Dream
Arrival
Premonition
The Defense Specialist
Exterminate
First Move
Witness
The Second in Command's Past
Behind the Attack
Immovable
Ally in the Workshop
One Down
Humiliated
Strategist
Beaten
Confirmation
Fever
Prohibited Cure
Unconciously
Fully Recovered
Heaven
Unexpected Meeting
Suspicion
Counter Plan
Locations
Poisoned Darts
Departure
Distraction
Unstoppable
Shattered Worlds
Unstoppable vs Immovable
Broken
Enough
Lost
Weak
Trapped
Pull
A Different Choice
Decided
The Calm Before the Storm
Battle Ready
An Attack
The Original Shadow
Fallen Warrior
The Force Beyond the Border
Prison Cell
The Woman from the Border
Our Fate
Sunset
General Wang
Nightfall
Demand
Afforded Choices
Sunrise
The Aftermath of Revenge
Swords
Ending
Search
Found
Lovers
Complete
Love will Reign

Warning

2.4K 134 6
By ginaddict

(Jiang's POV)

I found Qing in near the uniform unit's bunk. Under the bare cherry blossom trees. Why my friend is here? I have no idea but finding Qing just sitting there and looking lost gave a pinch in my heart.

"Qing," I called his name as I stopped in front of him. "Your father..."

"I want to die Jiang." Qing looked up with deadliness in his eyes. "Or force my mind to forget everything that happened today. Can we start this day all over again?" He asked in the same desperation as Mei after my lover saw his uncle died.

"Qing ah," I crouched in front of him. Qing closed his eyes and bit his lower lip.

I have never seen him like this. We have known each other for fifteen years now. We were playmates, study mates and comrades. I just entered military before him and Wei but the three of us are friends and I have never seen Qing this helpless.

"I killed his uncle. I called him a liar then I left him to escape the truth. This day...I want to start it again. But the gods won't grant my prayers

Qing wiped the angry tears on his eyes, "What should I do to bring back time? All I want is to go back to this morning. I will not let Dayu go and we will run away together. No need for clothes or to pack any other stuffs. We could just run away together..." he sniffed.

"Qing," He looked at me again. "We all want to turn back the time at one point in our lives. To undo a mistake, to redo the glory, to experience that feeling again. But we can't and we have to live on. We have to so we can see tomorrow, because maybe tomorrow will be a lot better than today."

"Anything could be better than today." He countered. At least he is not crying anymore.

I doubt it but I didn't voice that out, instead I said, "Beyond the forest is a clear field, filled with SiChuan army doubling our size. Governor Feng is ready to raze snd burn this place to get back at General Zong, his mortal enemy."

Qing's eyes widen.

(Qing's POV)

"Are you being serious?" I asked Jiang.

He nodded, "I have my sources. I even saw it myself that's why I just came back to hear the new Master General's, your father's, order. We are to attend the burial ceremony for General Zong,"

I scoffed at that. "No. They don't need me to bury that man.

Jiang nodded. "I don't want to attend too. You know my father's opinion on the man and I share my father's opinion. But you, will you really disobey your father like this?"

Jiang's father is a counselor to the Emperor who opposes the plan to spread the military force on the country. Jiang's father's main concern is the livelihood of the people of China and not war.

I nodded, "I won't know what I will do if I force myself to attend that burial." I said honestly.

Jiang sighed, "Then what should we do? About the invasion of Governor Feng's army tomorrow?"

I scrunched my forehead as I think. "Wei?"

"I will warn him. Governor Feng's army outnumbered us at least three to one. We will not win this war and frankly, I don't like fighting fellow soldiers from different province," Jiang said.

Me too. Plus I won't sacrifice the lives of the soldiers in this camp just for some silly pride of protecting this camp.

I am starting to hate this base. First, the way it was founded from the gold my father and General Zong acquired by raiding those border villages. Second, the way I learn how far my father's ambition will take him.

And last, the lost of Mr.Shu, Dayu's uncle.

This place might held the happy memory of me meeting Dayu but I have a bad feeling that this is also the place where I could lose him forever.

If I will not take some actions for him to forgive me for killing the one who stood up as a parent for him, I think losing Dayu will be a great probability.

But how? Where will I start asking Dayu for his forgiveness when I don't even know where he is.

"He is in that field. Together with Governor Feng," I said as it clicked in my mind.

I close my eyes in despair. Dayu is with the Governor of the place where he grew up and trained as an assasin. Governor Feng protect  the assasin known as "The Shadow". That's why Dayu always goes back to SiChuan after every mission.

It all clicked now.

And Governor Feng hates General Zong and this base. After the way the former Master General besmirched the Governor's name and reputation in front of the Emperor, resulting in the Emperor almost not supporting the SiChuan province, leaving its people dying in famine, it will be understandable if Governor Feng will be mad enough to raze and invade this base.

HanZong Military Base is General Zong's pride. The first base he founded. This is also my father's pride.

Dayu will want to burn and level this place, with the way he hates my father.

My hands pulled the strands of my hair. I don't see any peace in sight.

"What should we do?" I asked Jiang. I can't think anymore. My mind, I think, just about had it with everything that happened today.

"Save as many as we can. Starting with the innocent helpers." Jiang answered.

Of course. Mr.Shu's helpers. They have to be prioritized. They have no training although I am starting to doubt that all of them are as innocent as what they seem.

I saw helpers helping Dayu before. And I think helpers helped my lover, I refuse to think of him as my former lover, we are not over yet, to take Mr.Shu's body out of this camp.

"What else?" I asked Jiang again.

"Save as many soldiers as we can. Wei, of course, had to be warned. And convince as many captain as we can to convince them not engage in a fight against Governor Feng's superior army." Jiang added.

That makes sense. It will be a waste to try and defend this place if we are outnumbered and the chance that we will die if we fight is too high.

"When do you think they will attack?" I asked Jiang.

(Dayu's POV)

As I felt the midnight hour passed, I stood up and look at Governor Feng.

"Gather your army, we will attack now." I said.

"But Dayu," Governor Feng gave me a surprised look.

I smirked, "Don't be alarmed, my dear Governor. I just want you to gather your forced and scare them first. I will even personally give the warning to them. The one and only warning they will get from us,"

Governor Feng nodded his understanding of my plan, "What about Mei?"

"Mei will understand it once we are stationed outside the base. He will know what to do as my cousin is smart. If not, I can always send a message to him, nothing too hard about that. But I want to scare them and see them scramble in fear. Those officials inside that base are all cowards. They will give me what I want as long as I put a little fear in them,"

"If you are sure," Governor nodded to his commander to give the order for the army to get ready to move out.

"I am," I look at Uncle Shu's grave. I know, after today, it will take a long time for me to come back here and visit him.

I have a war to win. A war against myself. A war against General Wang.

And a war against my own heart and desires.

I have to finish everything today. Before my resolves weaken and my plans changes again.

I close my eyes and remind myself again.

It's not for you, Jian Yu. Happiness is not for you. Take what you need and leave.

Kill General Wang and run away.

That is your punishment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 585 4
Lan Wangji is the son of a rich business man Lan Qiren. He's rude, stubborn, arrogant and spoilt brat. His father pampered him a lot since childhood...
3.3K 152 13
YU who feels tired of his life meets Sam who is also tired with his life. Having almost the same fate, they accidentally meet on the Bridge that nigh...
30.6K 1.6K 122
After a terrible accident that she'd rather forget, Casey Leung abandons her life in Canada and boards a river boat in China. Reaching to touch the r...
1.3M 63.5K 159
Wang Qing is a modern prince in China. Heir to the throne and the most eligible bachelor of the land. But he doesn't want to submit the woman he love...