Fix Me | Phan High School AU

Bởi dilswhisk

Dan Howell is your stereotypical popular kid. Phil Lester struggles with depression and lives in an abusive h... Xem Thêm

Under Editing
Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Three and a Half (Filler)
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve (Filler)
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Character/author Q&A
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Q&A Answers
Fanart

Epilogue

1.1K 73 169
Bởi dilswhisk

A/N: This is it, the last chapter.

I'm pleased to say that between Fanfiction.net and wattpad, this story has gotten over 100k views, 4.2k votes, and 7.8k comments!

Also, this story is around 60k words long, meaning that it qualifies as a novel. I pretty much wrote a novel at the age of 15 hOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!

Now, for the final chapter of Fix Me:

Ten years later, Phil's POV

It was a pleasant Day in the Lester flat. Rays of sun shone through the windows, giving the room a cheery glow.

Dan and I were cuddled up together on the couch, going through an old box of photos Mrs. Howell had dropped off.

"Oh my gosh, look how young we were!" Dan exclaimed, holding a photograph of us at our high school dance, "We look like bloody fetuses!"

"Please don't ever say 'bloody fetus' again," I plucked the photo out of his hand, examining it.

Dan was right; we almost looked like different people. Dan's fringe was much shorter now, partly due to the fact it was always curly. Both of us had grown a few inches as well; Dan was the same height as me now.

"You looked so emo" Dan pointed to my long, dark fringe.

"I was emo." I laughed, dropping the picture back in the box.

Much had changed in the past decade, and not just our hairstyles.

Being the high school sweethearts that we were, Dan and I had gotten married only three months after graduating. Unsurprisingly, we were told by many people to wait until after we graduated from university-Dan's parent's included-but we were both too impatient.

It was a small wedding, close friends and family only. My mum managed to get a few days off of work to come and visit, which was especially nice.

We decide not to have a honeymoon. Instead, we spent our extra cash on something a bit more permanent: an apartment.

It was shortly after moving in that we realized one of us needed a real job, not the small tasks we had been picking up here and there. And so I went to university to pursue a career.

Four years later, I had graduated with a degree in graphic design and found a job making video games.

Dan, on the other hand, didn't know what he wanted to do. He had teetered between majoring in either coding or photography for months before finally deciding not to go to college at all.

Shortly after his quarter-life crisis, he got a job writing for an online blog about problems in today's society and how we can fix them. The pay was low, but between our careers it was enough to get by.

"Have you talked to Alec and Leo recently?" Dan asked, resting his head on my chest.

"Not since last week," I pulled another stack of photos out of the box, "They're so busy wedding planning that they haven't had time to catch up."

Dan chuckled. "I know the feeling."

I was about to switch topics when a memory popped up in the back of my head, something I hadn't thought about in a long time.

"Hey, Dan?"

"Mhm?"

"Did you know Alec used to have a crush on you?"

Dan pushed himself up, looking down at me in surprise. "He did?"

"Yeah, he was pretty embarrassed about it too," I laughed, reaching up to brush the hair out of his eyes.

"How did you know about this?" Dan inquired, seemingly flabbergasted.

"Seeing as we were dating at the time, he felt pretty bad about liking his friend's boyfriend, so he fessed up one day when we were hanging out."

Dan laughed softly. "Wow...I guess his feelings disappeared after Leo came into the picture?"

"I assumed so."

Dan laid back down on my chest, and we continued browsing through photos.

"Do you think Val will ever settle down?" I smiled down at a glossy photo of our friend.

Val had changed more than any of us. She had gone through a pretty wild phase in her senior year of high school; she even got in trouble with the law once or twice. It was never anything too serious, usually just disturbing the peace with one of her parties or something like that.

I don't know what changed in her, but after she left for S.C.A.D. (Savannah College of Art and Design), she cleaned up her act. She was still the spunky, live-in-the-moment kind of girl I knew in school, but she had matured. She didn't dye her hair bright colors anymore; she usually kept it a silvery-brown. Her clothing style had morphed from edgy to classy, and she was rarely seen without four inch heels on. This was something I found rather unfortunate considering how many times she had nearly broken one of my toes with them. (Not on accident, either!)

After graduating college and returning to England, she started working with a fashion company and even started her own clothing line. She was undoubtedly the most successful out of the four of us. However, her love life was a different story.

In fact, she hadn't been romantically involved with anyone since high school; not unless you count the occasional one-night-stand.

"I don't know," Dan muttered, twisting his wedding band around his ring finger, "She's juts so involved with work, she doesn't think about things like that."

"I guess so," I dropped my stack of pictures back in the box, and was about to close the lid, when one caught my eye.

It was a photo of Dan an I curled up together on a couch- in a position almost identical to the one we laid in now-both fast asleep.

"Look," I held the photograph where Dan could see it.

He smiled at the photo. "When was that?"

"Val's nineteenth birthday party, remember? We spent the night at her house."

"Oh yeah, that was a fun night..."

"I'm surprised you remembered anything from it considering how wasted you got," I grinned, poking Dan in the side.

"Oh please," Dan swatted my hand away, " I wasn't that drunk!"

I raised an eyebrow, "You bent a paperclip into a circle, proposed, and then started crying when I told you not yet."

Dan looked up at me in shock. "And why the hell did I never hear about this?"

I shrugged, "Never came up in conversation, I guess."

Dan rolled his eyes, reclining onto my torso. "I don't know why I put up with you..."

I laughed mirthfully, "Well, I am pretty incredible."

"Yeah, incredibly annoying.."

"Oh shut up!"

Dan pushed himself up, leaning forward so he was only an inch or so away from my face. "Make me."

I grinned, shaking my head. "Really Dan, that's all you could think of?"

Dan shrugged innocently. "I mean it worked, didn't it?"

Rolling my eyes, I placed my hand of the side of Dan's jaw, pulling him into a kiss.

Although ten years had passed since Dan and I met, his kiss was something that would always stay the same. I slid my hands around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

"I'm so glad I married you," Dan muttered, biting his lip in a grin."

I smiled lovingly at my husband. "As am I, Dan Lester."

Still sleepy from staying up late, Dan cuddled up to me, burying his face in my chest.

..

I was starting to think that Dan had fallen asleep until he spoke up. "Phil?

"Hm?"

"Thank you,"

I looked down at Dan in confusion. "For what?"

"I became a better person after meeting you," He muttered drowsily.

"Yeah, I guess you were a bit of a douche before..."

Dan gave a dry laugh, "I was, wasn't I? But seriously, thank you. You always go on and on about how I made your life so much better but I feel like I really need to emphasize the impact you've had on me. I had changed for the worst in the years leading up to when I met you. I drifted away from my family and my real friends, I bullied people for the fun of it, I hooked up with different girls pretty much every weekend. Hell, I didn't even like having sex with them, I just enjoyed the feeling of popularity it gave me."

"Dan..." I stroked back his hair, gently twisting the curls around my finger, "You're a much better person now."

"I know, and it's all thanks to you," Dan smiled, intertwining our fingers.

"You fixed me."

The end

A/N: Thank you so much to everyone who has read, commented, or voted on this fanfiction. Without readers, this would literally just be a word document.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, because I sure enjoyed writing it.

I do have some more fanfics I'm going to be working on, so you can go follow me and look at those if you want! (#spon lmao)

It would be a lie to say I'm 100% happy with this story, particularly the earlier chapters. Maybe one day I'll go back and edit them. There wouldn't be any drastic changes, just some grammar/spelling corrections and maybe adding some time skips between chapters so they don't fall in love in two days lmao.

I don't think there will be anything as satisfying as clicking the "complete" button in the story setting oml. This has been such a cool experience, writing this, and I love seeing all of y'all's comments! (Though I will admit it's a bit depressing to have a line like "I want death" and getting 153 comments saying "Same")

Quick question, does anyone who started this when I first began uploading still read it?? That would be cool

I could literally go on for the length of a full chapter just talking about how happy I am that this book ended up being successful, but I'll stop here.

Also, if anyone wants to be friends, shoot me a DM :)

Once again, thank you, and I hope you all have a lovely day.

P.S: Shout out to everyone who read this super long author's note, you're the real MVP *fist bumps you all*

-dils_whisk

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.2M 54.3K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
842K 19.1K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
4.2K 99 18
A normal night for dan. Computer,computer, phil, and now shower. He wakes up at 3:06am hearing glass breaking. Dan later comes to find out phil got k...
137K 3.2K 61
Steve gets a hell of a surprise from Bucky.