Darkness Remains ( Vampire Ac...

Da maggiesings24

31 in #vampireacademy - 28.06.18 My best friend is the Queen, My lover is an ex-Strigoi, My friends w... Altro

01 - Connection
02 - Next time, remind me to say NO
03 - Just dreams
04 - Wait, are you serious right now?
05 - Deep thoughts
06 - Homecoming
07 - It isn't real.
08 - I'm okay
09 - There are still side affects
10 - Next destination
11 - It's my fault
12 - Why?
13 - Out of moves
14 - What more can I expect?
15 - Unhealthy relationship
16 - Safety first
17 - I have my reasons
18 - Buria
19 - Would you break my fall?
21 - Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

20 - Where are you?

481 21 9
Da maggiesings24

Dimitri's POV (I'm sure you saw this coming.)

The fight started and I was next to my beautiful Roza who was looking so fiercely as she fought Robert. I wanted to help her but her stubbornness won as she said the she wanted to kill him. I could not wait and watch her get hurt like that, so I was about to help her but a scream stopped me dead in my tracks. "Attack!" Robert yelled as Rose drew the stake through his heart.

"Go. To. Hell." She said between my gritted teeth. If I were him I'd be scared of her. How can someone so beautiful and sweet be this ruthless and fierce? She was like a goddess.

Robert was dead and now it was our turn.

Strigoi filled court in seconds as we started the battle. This was war. War that most of us knew that we'd lose. It's stupid but brave to show up here and fight. But I still have hope, but something bad will definitely happen tonight.

My thoughts were cut off but a punch thrown from one of the Strigoi in front of me and I ducked before it could hit me in the jaw. I kicked him in return in the stomach making him stumble a little. I tackled him down and when I had a opening I staked him. But then everything the Strigoi stopped and they were all looking at the same direction.

They were all looking at the place were Roza was standing seconds before the attack but now it was filled with brightness. It was too bright to see anything and it light up the night like the sun.

"Rose!" Adrian was now running towards the light but the force of the light brought him down as the light spread everywhere. Why did he call Rose? Where was Rose? What was happening? I couldn't understand anything.

The light spread so fast yet I experienced it so slow. As the light came to me there was an invisible force that pushed me down. I felt at peace, like there was nothing to worry about, like there are no Strigoi in court right now. Like I'm at peace. It was so calming. But all good things don't last long.

The light left us in the darkness of the night. I readied myself for a attack from a Strigoi. But to my surprise there were none.

Not a single Strigoi standing.

What was happening? I couldn't understand any of it.

I then felt my heart clench, but I didn't know why. All I know is that something happened and I have a feeling I'm not gonna like it when I find out what it is.

"No!" Adrian yelled, I turned to see what was happening and I saw him on the ground slowly getting up. He's leg was bended but that wasn't why he yelled. He had tears in his eyes as he was looking at Rose.

Roza. Oh no. Her eyes were barely open as she swayed a little. What happened? I ran to her and caught her in my arms before she could bash her head on the ground. "Roza? What's happening?" I said frantically. But she was just looking at me, not responding. I touched her neck to check for her pulse. It was there, but it was weakening.

"She sacrificed herself for all of us. It's a shadow-kissed's duty. That's what really happened to Anna." Adrian said from behind me, his voice cracking a couple of times.

No, no! This wasn't happening. Why would she do that? I know she's a guardian and wants to protect everyone but this. She killed all the Strigoi and sacrificed herself.

Now it all made sense. That book she was always hiding and reading it and the plans that she had made on paper. Non of it made sense to me then but now it was so clear. Damn it. I should have seen it before. I could have stopped this.

"Roza! Come on, stay with me. Keep your eyes opened. Look at me!" I yelled frantically. I felt like she was looking right through me. I was shaking, my hands were shaking. I couldn't lose her. Not like this. Her eyes were so heavy even I could feel them closing, but i will not let that happen. Then suddenly she looked at me.

"Roza! Roza come on don't close your eyes. Stay with me baby. Please don't leave me. Not like this." I couldn't bear the heaviness in my heart. She was leaving me. And I couldn't do anything. I felt so useless, so powerless.

Her smile lightened the night again. I took her soft hand in mine and I touched my cheek with it. The warmth in that little hand made my eyes water, what would I do without her here. Holding my hand in hers. Making jokes out of everything, and those sarcastic remarks and teasing, I'd miss them the most.

"I-I love you comrade, I've never stopped and never will. And I'm sorry. I hope you'll f-forgive me for this." Her voice so beautiful yet so small and broken, she let all her tears fall. I wiped them away softly as she closed her eyes a little.

"Roza don't you dare say that. You saved everyone tonight. Every single one here. They're all breathing right now because of you. You're a legend. Everyone will know your name. Everyone." I smiled as I let the tears I was holding back fall down my cheeks like river falls. With that small yet warm hand she wiped some of my tears away. "Roza, I'm so proud of you."

Her smile grew, she was happy. that smile made me think that nothing was wrong at this moment that she was alright but what she said next was like ice cold water in the face. "Then I can die peacefully."

"No. No. You're not dying tonight. You have so much to live for. You need to stay here. For me and Lissa. For Lissa's little one. You were supposed to be its godmother. Everyone needs you. I'd be a wreck without you in my life. I can't keep on living if you're not next to me." I was crying so much. People around me were there standing also crying. And Lissa was a wreck. She fell to her knees she took her hand talking to her, but I was too numb to hear.

My Roza captured a lot of hearts. I mean who wouldn't love this girl. She's truly amazing. It one day if I have another life. I'd want to be like her, a heroine, fearless, fierce, sweet, kind, a legend.

And I had the luck, she was mine. But now I'm losing my angel, my soulmate. She's dying and I'm useless.

She started coughing so bad. "I-I love you." She said between coughs as her beautiful lips were now covered with blood. She then closed her eyes and with her eyes my heart was cut open.

"No! No!" I yelled frantically. "Roza no, please open your eyes, show me those beautiful eyes of yours. Please." Praying that she'll hear me and obey. That she wasn't dead. That she was just sleeping. She doesn't deserve this.

"Please Rose. Please." My voice died down as I buried my head in her neck. I couldn't hear a pulse and that made me cry even more.

It felt like days. It felt like I was on the ground holding her for days. But maybe it was just seconds.

I felt so alone. So ashamed that I couldn't save her. I couldn't save my loved one. The love of my life. My soulmate.

She brought me back from the dead and I did nothing to save her. I didn't have the power to do something.

"Come on Roza. You are the strongest woman I know. You can't be gone. You were always my light and my inspiration. Don't leave me like this." I now was holding her so close to me clenching her body even closer to me. Then I lifted my head and looked at Lissa.

I stared into her eyes. I saw the fear, the pain, the hatred, the sorrow, the hurt, the sadness, the anxiety – everything. None of this had to do with her amplified emotions due to her pregnancy. Lissa had lost her best friend, and I had lost the only woman I could ever love in this cruel, heartless, unforgiving world. We were both suffering from this, and we were both going to have to cope with the large – and now empty – spot that Rose had filled.

Lissa couldn't bare to look at me anymore so she turned her eyes to her best friend, her sister. She put her hand on her chest trying to heal her, but nothing happened. A cracked sob. That was all I heard from Lissa. She couldn't bring her back. There was nothing we could do.

Rose was dead.

Rose's POV (surprise!)

"We meet again." I heard a voice a voice that was familiar but it sounded like I didn't know it. A voice in the shadows. It wasn't black nor it was white. It was like I'm in the middle of the worst fog ever. I stood up feeling fine.

"Who's there?" I asked curiously, but at the same time I wasn't sure if I wanted to know who was there, or what.

"Has it been that long so you'd forget me Rosie?" Then the clarity hit me. I knew exactly who he was and it wasn't something I expected. Well when you're dead you should expect things like this.

I turned around to see if he's behind me but there was no one. "Mase?"

"The one and only." Then he stepped out of the fog and as I saw him I threw my hand around his neck hugging him so tight.

"I missed you Mase. Everyone missed you so much." I hugged him once more and he spun me in his hands. "Where are we? Am I dead?"

"Well technically no. You're somewhere in between so they sent me to be the guide. You are dead in that world but Lissa's trying to bring you back and your body is fighting with the spirit. And they gave you one more chance at life for what you did." He smiled, a smile that I missed so much. "What you did was amazing and an incredible fact that that Rose logic isn't as logical."

"Hey at least I saved everyone." We both laughed.

"And Rose I'm sorry for that jump scare at the bathroom I didn't mean to scare the living crap out of you. I thought that you wouldn't react like that. You even scared me." And at that I smirked.

"Wow. I'm a legend. I even scared a ghost." We laughed again and I hugged him one more time. "Sorry Mase I'd love to stay and chat but they won't make it without me." He chuckled.

"They can barely live with you Rose Hathaway. And tell them I said hi. Plus I'm not planning on seeing you here in near future so don't you dear die again. You scared me." Mase smiled sadly. But his expression told he was hiding something from me.

"Well that's a promise I can't keep." I hugged him and we said our goodbyes as I was sucked into darkness. Darkness. Darkness. The same thing I was battling for so long. Now Lissa and I wouldn't be dealing with any of it because of my little stunt earlier.

Lissa's POV (sorry for the change in POV's but I want you to now what was happening in the meantime while Rose was dead and unconscious.)

She was gone. And I couldn't believe it. I can't think of I way to live without her in my life. She's my best friend, my sister, and now she's dead. My both hands on her chest trying to heal her but nothing was working. She's been dead for more than 4 minutes. And that wasn't good.

I was crying so hard. My brain just couldn't process the fact that she was gone. That she wouldn't make a sarcastic joke right now. That she wouldn't make us all laugh like we used to. And she won't be all protective like she always was.

I had a feeling like she was fighting to be alive even if she was not with us anymore.

All the thoughts that were running through my head made me forget that I suddenly felt a beat. Not once, twice, it was a heartbeat and I could feel it slowly going back to normal. My hands were shaking. What if I'm hallucinating maybe it's the spirit and darkness, after all that's what killed Rose.

But then I felt something reconnect inside me.

"Dimitri! Dimitri!" His head flew up from her neck. His cheeks with dry tears and his eyes were holding different emotions.

"What's wrong?" He looked at me with concern. He thought there was something wrong.

"Something right. She has a heartbeat." I screamed and he had hope in his eyes for a moment but it slipped under a mask of blank.

"Your majesty she can't hav-" he's voice faded away when he heart that soft heartbeat. He closed his eyes his mouth forming in a small smile. "She's alive. You saved her."

"She did a whole part in the progress herself." His smile grew even bigger looking down at the love of his life, his soulmate.

"Let's get her to medical care."

See I said I won't kill her off, just a little bit. But I was crying my eyes out while writing this and the last part. 

Hope you like it.

Love you guys

-M.H. 🌹🔫

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

156K 3.2K 44
Nov. 5, 2021 update: restricted (mature content) chapters published as a separate work have been unpublished and won't be accessible. ****ALTERNATE...
4.7K 90 1
What happens when Rose Hathaway's heart, soul and spirit are broken by Dimitri?
29.7K 1.2K 56
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. Set in the Vampire Academy Moroi/dhampir world. Alternate ending. What if the MÒnă never tried to claim Lissa? The cabin wou...
34.6K 781 21
After Lissa/Rose restored Dimitri from being strigoi. Dimitri opens up to Lissa but ignores Rose(After he broke up with her)Lissa sides with Dimitri...