Older Hiccup x reader- moment...

By clarinetgirl301

Hiccup x reader oneshots More

Please send requests!
Not the Only Hiccup in Town
Not the Only Hiccup in Town Part Two
Fight
Happy anniversary
Words like knifes and words like roses part 1
Words like knifes and words like roses: part 2
Words like knifes and words like roses part 3
They're wrong
A healed relationship
Too late part 1
Happy snoggletog!
I was tagged
Dragon lady
Question & A/n
One last talk
Hey guys
Not sure what exactly this is
Time to vote!
The votes are in!
Wow I guess you really are that ticklish
I can't sleep without you here
I'm not okay
Sh...You're safe now
I never meant to hurt you
A/n - younow
Drunken confessions
New story!
live
DAPGO
Going live once again
Cynthia Special (Part 1)
Special authors note
A/n - Important Information!

For Forever

2.7K 45 15
By clarinetgirl301

Yes, I am alive.
And yes, this is the song from Dear Even Hansen. (The soundtrack is just so good)

So, this is probably the longest oneshot I have ever wrote, but I'm proud of it.

And if this seems confusing, just know that this was written from 1-4am, so that might explain it XD

Fyi, I don't own anything except my writing.

Also, not sure if I need to put this here or not but I'm going to put a Trigger warning here anyway, cause this is a pretty intense song.

Normal - present
Italics - Past
Bold/Italics - Song lyrics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) walked through the woods, her hands stuffed into her pockets. She glanced up at the sky, seeing how the trees reached up, seemingly touching the space above her.

End of May or early June, this picture perfect afternoon we shared.

(Y/n) sighed as she looked back down at the path ahead of her. She kicked a rock, thinking of how just two days ago, she ran down this path with her best friend.

"Hurry up, (Y/n)!" Hiccup laughed as he ran, glancing over his shoulder at her.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" She laughed as well, smirking up at him as she noticed him look at her.

Driving the winding country rode.

(Y/n) looked up as she reached a lake, the place where Hiccup and her liked to fish for food.

Grab a scoop at 'A La Mode' And then we're there.

Hiccup grinned as he walked past the lake, turning a corner to reveal the cove, a special place between him and (Y/n).

(Y/n) smiled as she looked at Hiccup, before playfully bumping her shoulder against his, and running down.

(Y/n) leaned against a rock as she stared down at the cove. She looked around, taking a deep breath in.

An open field that's framed with trees.

(Y/n) walked down, leaning against a tree, slowly sliding down the base of the tree till she was sat on the ground.

We pick a spot, and shoot the breeze, like buddies do.

Hiccup grinned, taking (Y/n)'s hand, and dragging her over to a tree, sitting down. He smiled, taking out his journal, and sketching the scenery.

(Y/n) smiled as she watched him, and turned to lean against the tree, closing her eyes.

Quoting our favorite songs by our favorite bands, telling jokes no one understands, except us two.

(Y/n) looked away from where she remembered herself sitting, ans looked up at the cove around her.

And we talk, and take in the view.

(Y/n) scooted forward lightly, leaning back on the ground, using her arms as a pillow as she looked up at the sky. She looked over to her side, wishing Hiccup was next to her still.

"What shapes do you see, (y/n)?"

(Y/n) chuckled, "I just see clouds, Hic." She looked at the boy with a kind smile.

All we see is sky for forever. Let the world pass by for forever.

(Y/n) slowly sat up, bringing one knee up to her chest, letting out a quiet sigh. She rested her elbow on her knee, looking back up at the sky.

Feels like we could go on for forever this way.

Hiccup glanced down at his hand to see it was still intertwined with (y/n)'s. He chuckled awkwardly, and retracted his hand

(Y/n) looked down at their hands, before realizing what he had done. She let out an awkward laugh as well, mentally sighing in relief as their laughter turned real.

Two friends on a perfect day.

(Y/n) shook her head, and pushed herself up to her feet. She gave the spot one last glance, before climbing out of the cove.

We walk a while and we talk about
The things we'll do when we get out of school

Hiccup laughed as they walked through the woods once again, smiling up at (y/n) as she talked about her dreams for her life.

Bike the Appalachian trail or Write a book Or learn to sail. Wouldn't that be cool?

(Y/n) let out a huff of a laugh, shaking her head at herself. They all seemed pretty pointless now.

There's nothing that we can't discuss.

Hiccup took a deep breath as their laughter ceased, and they made their way out of the woods.

(Y/n) looked up at him as she noticed he was starting to get nervous.

Like girls we wish would notice us, but never do.

(Y/n) shut her eyes, stuffing her hands into her pockets again as she could hear the words that had, unknowing to him, broke her heart.

Hiccup smiled reassuringly at her before starting to talk about another failed attempt to get Astrid to talk to him.

(Y/n)'s smile slowly vanished as she listened to him talk. She gave him a fake smile whenever he looked at her, but whenever he looked away again, her frown would return.

He looks around, and says to me:

(Y/n) opened her eyes again, looking up at the path ahead of her that would lead to one of the valleys of Berk.

'There's nowhere else I'd rather be.'

Hiccup placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling a bit at her.

(Y/n) gave him a weak smile in response, thankful for the small reassurance.

I say: 'Me too.'

(Y/n) shook her head at her own stupidity, and continued to walk, pushing her hair out of her face as she did.

And we talk and take in the view.

Hiccup grinned as they pushed back a branch, revealing a bright, wide, valley.

He turned to (y/n), and smiled, before taking her hand again, dragging her out to a hill in the valley.

And we just talk, and take in the view.

(Y/n) sat down on the hill, closing her eyes as she felt wind blow through her hair.

All we see is sky for forever. We let the world pass by for forever.

Hiccup grinned, and looked down at the incline the hill made. He smirked misheviously, and lightly shoved (y/n), sending her rolling down the hill.

(Y/n) let out a joyful laugh as she rolled down, looking back up at Hiccup as she reached the bottom.

Feels like we could go on for forever this way.

(Y/n) looked down at the hill, and smiled a bit, bringing her knees up to her chest, leaning her chin on them.

Hiccup grinned, before jumping down, laughing as he rolled down.

This way.

Hiccup yelped as he crashed into (y/n), who had just stood back up, sending them both back to the ground.

All we see is light, for forever. Cause the sun shines bright for forever.

(Y/n) looked up at the sky, before her glance caught the view of a towering tree not to far from her.

Hiccup chuckled, getting up, quickly helping (y/n) up as well. He smiled at her, "Are You alright?"

(Y/n) laughed, "I'm fine!" She said, her voice still loud from her excitement.

Life will be alright, for forever this way.

(Y/n) stood up, taking in another deep breath, turning her head to take another glance at the valley around her.

Hiccup smiled, laughing as he nodded, "Good." He said, before looking at something over (Y/n)'s shoulder.

(Y/n) tilted her head, the smile still on her face.

Two friends, on a perfect day.

(Y/n) let out a sigh, and made her way down the hill, shutting her eyes again as she stuffed her hands into her pockets.

And there he goes, racing towards the tallest tree.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as Hiccup ran past her, and she swirved around to see what he was so excited about, "Hiccup, where are you going?"

(Y/n) looked up at the tree as she made her way over to it. She bit her lip, and looked back up at the sky.

From far across the yellow field, I hear him calling, 'Follow me!'

(Y/n) looked over to where she remembered Hiccup standing, waiting there for her.

(Y/n) laughed, and broke into a run after him, stopping beside the boy. She looked up at the almost massive tree in front of them.

And there we go, wondering how the world might look from up so high.

(Y/n) grunted as she climbed up the branches, staring up at the top of the tree where she had sat before.

Hiccup's eyes gleamed with excitment as he jumped up, and started to climb. He looked down at his friend, and held a hand out for her to try to help.

(Y/n) stared at it, before she smirked, and grabbed it, pulling herself up to start climbing as well.

One foot after the other.

(Y/n) shut her eyes in concentration as she balanced on a branch, jumping up to grab a higher one.

Hiccup grinned at (y/n) as they climbed, "Race ya!"

(Y/n) laughed, "You're on!" She exclaimed, before trying to climb a bit faster.

One branch, then to another.

(Y/n) paused her movements, looking out at the field. She glanced at the ground, before continuing on.

Hiccup smiled as he watched (y/n) climb. He let out a chuckle, before attempting to catch up.

I climb higher and higher.

(Y/n) felt like she had been climbing for ages, but that feeling comforted her. It gave her more confidence in what she was about to do.

(Y/n) grinned down at Hiccup, and playfully saluted him, before continuing to climb.

I climb until the entire sun, shines on my face.

(Y/n) finally stopped, letting herself rest on a branch. She looked out at the valley, and then up to the sky, shutting her eyes.

Hiccup smiled at her as she held down a hand. He grabbed it, and pulled himself up, using her branch to push him onto a higher branch.

(Y/n) laughed, "Hey, that's cheating!" She exclaimed, before she heard something that sent a strike of fear through her.

Then I suddenly feel the branch give way.

(Y/n) kept her eyes shut, and allowed herself to slip off of the branch.

Hiccup's eyes widened as he saw (y/n)'s branch snap, and he reached down to try to grab her hand, only succeeding in his fingertips brushing against hers.

I'm on the ground.

(Y/n) groaned as she landed on the ground with a loud thud, tears instantly springing to her eyes. Only they weren't all of pain. They were of disapointment.

(Y/n) opened her eyes slowly, seeing everything blurry.

My arm goes numb.

(Y/n) winced as pain ran through her arm, and she let out a sob, shutting her eyes again.

(Y/n) looked down at herself as she slowly sat up. Nothing seemed to be wrong.

I look around, and I see him come to get me. He's come to get me.

(Y/n) reluctantly sat up, holding her arm still as best as she could. She glanced at her surroundings, not a single person in sight. Not even her dragon.

Hiccup jumped down from the tree with speed he didn't even know he was capable of. He landed next to (Y/n), and looked her down and up with wide eyes, "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

And everything's okay.

(Y/n) got to her feet, and began the long trek home where she knew she would end up having to explain herself.

(Y/n nodded slightly, "I'm fine, I think." She said, moving her arms and legs to make sure she wasn't lying.

All we see is sky for forever. We let the world pass by for forever. Buddy, you and I for forever this way.

(Y/n) tried hard to quiet her sobs as she walked, not wanting to be crying when she reached home.

Hiccup sighed in relief, pulling her into a tight hug, "You scared me." He mumbled.

(Y/n) smiled a bit, and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

This way.

(Y/n) looked around at the woods, and took in a shaky breath as she ducked under a low hanging branch, revealing her village.

Hiccup pulled away, letting out another sigh, "We should get back." He said, helping (y/n) up to her feet.

(Y/n) nodded slightly, looking down in slight dissapointment that the hug had ended so quickly, but looked back up at him with a smile.

All we see is light, 'Cause the sun burns bright
We could be alright for forever this way.

(Y/n) cringed as she walked into her house, the door making a louder noise then she wanted. She made a mad dash up to her room, shutting the door.

Hiccup pushed a leaf out of the way for (y/n) as they arrived back at the village, bowing mockingly.

(Y/n) only laughed, shaking her head in amusememt, walking away, Hiccup rushing to catch up to her.

Two friends.

(Y/n) sat down on her bed, glancing at a window. She saw Hiccup's hut, which sat across from her's and sighed quietly.

"Hey, Hiccup!"

Both (y/n) and Hiccup turn to see Astrid walking towards them.

Hiccup gained a nervous smile, "H-Hey Astrid." He stammered out.

True friends.

(Y/n) shut her eyes, tears sliding down her cheeks as she turned her head away from the window.

"I was thinking, I want to give us a try." Astrid grinned at the boy, making him light up.

"Really?" He asked in excitement.

Astrid nodded, and grabbed his hand, before they both started to walk away.

"See you later, (y/n)." Was his remark as he passed his friend, distracted by the blonde haired axe weilder next to him.

On a perfect day.

(Y/n) got under the covers, curling up as tightly as she could without causing herself anymore pain, and shut her eyes.

(Y/n) watched Hiccup walk off, her head tilted. She looked down at her hands, before making her way into her house.

She took one more glance at the two, before shutting her door.

For forever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I honestly cannot believe I just did this. It's literally 3:40am where I am right now, but I had to get this done XD.

This was a song oneshot to 'For Forever' from the play 'Dear Even Hansen'.

Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 244 23
Some oneshots about Dream of the endless x reader
687 21 22
Tommyinnit angsty and fluffy one-shots for the soul!
324 7 29
collection of x reader oneshots