A Vampire Among Us (Fred Weas...

By WeaselB3e

Alexandria Desmond was turned into a vampire two years ago during her years at Hogwarts. She is now a Seventh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 48

1.3K 41 13
By WeaselB3e

Fred placed his hands on her shoulders and pressed his lips on the top of Alexandria's head, trying to convey how much she meant to him in the small gesture. "Come on, everyone's downstairs to hear the news."

Alexandria followed Fred from his room to the kitchen where everyone was talking happily as plates floated over the table and placed themselves down before the assembled chairs. Alexandria and Fred stopped behind their empty chairs, Fred taking Alexandria's hand in his and coughing.

"Everyone, we want to make an announcement," Fred said above everyone's voices, their eyes turning on them before flashing knowing looks.

"We're getting married," Fred said, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Thought of a date?" Molly Weasley asked cheerfully along with the various cheers around the room.

"We want to do it in early fall next year," Alexandria nodded.

"Tell us how it happened," Hermione said excitedly.

Fred snorted slightly, "it's not as romantic as you think."

"I needed some medicine and as it turns out, Fred was hiding the box in his nightstand," Alexandria laughed, Fred's ears turning scarlet.

"We're all happy for you two," Arthur Weasley said with a nod.

Fred kissed Alexandria's temple before turning to his food, conversation was louder than usual as words of congratulations and wedding planning sprung up.

"Could I see the ring?"

Alexandria turned to Fleur who sat a few seats diagonally from her, Alexandria nodded with a small smile as she held out her hand. Fleur and Hermione both leaned forward to look at the ring closely. The ring was a almond shape that sat with two small hearts on either side embedded in the band and facing the central diamond.

"It's beautiful," Hermione smiled, "matches the promise ring."

"Oh I didn't even notice that," Alexandria grinned, she prodded Fred's shoulder with her own. "That's a nice touch, dear."

Fred winked before turning back to his plate, "make sure to rub it in Vic's face that I have taste later."

****

"Are we honestly doing this?"

"Hush, she requested to see you. My dad too."

Alexandria chuckled slightly, sighing as they waited on the small doorstep, "your mum always loved me more than you."

Vic rolled his eyes, "because your marks were always one letter better than mine."

Alexandria grinned triumphantly as the door opened, standing before them was a tall woman with brown hair pulled into a loose bun on top of her head. She looked at Vic and gave him a warm smile, when she looked at Alexandria she held out her arms and embraced the girl tightly--causing the air to leave Alexandria's lungs.

"My two favorite people in the world! Where have you been? I've missed you so much!" Tristan spoke fast as she let go of Alexandria, examining her face and grinning. "Come in, dad's waiting in the family room."

Tristan Ryder pulled Alexandria behind her as they walked through the small hallway, to the room at the right that opened to a big space with two couches that faced each other before a fireplace.

"Look, love! Lexibear and Vici are here," Tristan announced, holding Alexandria's hand above her head.

Nathan Ryder looked up from his book, tossing it beside him as he got to his feet with a wide smile, "my, my. Alexandria! Victor! What brings you here?"

Alexandria held up her left hand where the ring Fred had given her sparkled brilliantly in the bright fire light, Vic's parents gasped, their hands covering their mouths in shock as Alexandria laughed.

"You're not--"

"I'm not engaged to Vic, It's a friend of ours...and Vic's boss, Fred Weasley," Alexandria laughed hysterically.

Tristan took Alexandria's hands and nodded, "we're so happy for you! If there's anything we can--"

"Actually that's why I'm here," Alexandria said with a nervous smile. "I want your help....with planning? And I know there's a tradition where the bride is given away by her father...it'd mean a lot to me..." She looked at Nathan who had eyes brimming with tears. 

Tristan's eyes grew big with surprise before glossing over as she held back tears, "I'd love to," her voice cracked on the last note.

"We should hurry for our reservation, this calls for a celebration, we'll have to demand wine tonight," Nathan said, trying to discreetly wipe away a tear.

When Alexandria's parents cast her out of their lives, Vic's parents adopted her without a second thought, it meant so much to Alexandria that they still thought of her as part of the family after everything. But it also hurt--knowing that these two people accepted her like their own without a moment of doubt, but her own mother couldn't. Not even after everything.

"Have you told your mother?" Tristan asked as they walked down the stone road to the best restaurant in the small village that was close to their home.

Alexandria shook her head, "she um...."

Tristan squeezed her arm slightly and frowned, "even after everything?" She made a clicking noise with her tongue, "no matter. It'll be my honor to help you....but what about your father?"

Alexandria fell silent, she knew her father would love nothing more than to be involved with the wedding but the last time Alexandria had spoken to him was that party. "I haven't spoken with him for awhile."

Tristan made a clicking noise and shook her head as they continued walking down the street.

"This boy good enough for Lexi?" Nathan asked from behind the girls, Alexandria turned in time to see Vic shrugging. Alexandria rolled her eyes slightly as they continued walking down the street.

"We want to meet him," Nathan said as they came closer to the restaurant.

"Have to make sure he's alright for our girl," Tristan chuckled, squeezing Alexandria's shoulders with a small hug.

A smile crept onto Alexandria's face, she felt as if she had nothing like this, it meant all the more to hear someone say something or just act in a way that showed how much they cared about her. "Speaking of which, there he is now," Vic's voice brought Alexandria out of her thoughts and drew her attention to the red head standing underneath the awning of their favorite restaurant.

"Pleasure to meet you," Fred smiled, holding out his hands to both of Vic's parents. "Fred Weasley."

"It's a pleasure meeting you as well," Tristan said with a smile and a nod, "well let's get inside, we can talk all through dinner."

"What're you doing here?" Alexandria whispered, taking Fred's hand and following everyone inside.

"Vic asked me to come here," Fred nodded, pulling at the collar of his button down shirt, "bloody hell this itches." Alexandria took out her wand and tapped Fred's collar which instantly folded on itself, causing Fred to sigh with relief, "thank you, love."

Alexandria nodded, putting away her wand before anyone noticed and proceeded to their destined table.

"Fred, tell us about yourself," Nathan prodded, his eyes staring intently at Fred over his menu.

"Well, I own and run a joke shop in Diagon Alley with my twin brother, I was a year ahead of Alexandria and Vic at Hogwarts....my father works at the Ministry--"

"I like this boy," Tristian sighed happily, "he's perfect for Lexi."

Nathan gave a small nod in agreement, "that remains to be seen."

"I don't intend on hurting Alexandria if that's your concern," Fred said calmly.

"Do you know about Alexandria's past?" Tristan whispered, leaning forward to keep her voice down.

"If you mean the pointed teeth, yes," Fred nodded, "and I was in love with her during that time as well," Fred's hand found Alexandria's knee, giving it a small squeeze. "I've always loved Alexandria."

Tristan gave a dreamy sigh, while Vic made a retching noise, a smile reaching his mother's eyes, "well I'm sold! I think he's the one."

Nathan gave a slight nod, smiling at Alexandria as their waitress placed five bowls of salad before them. "I think he's good enough for our Alexandria."

"I won't let you down," Fred smiled.

"We're keeping you to that," Nathan said firmly like a father figure. "Alexandria has had a difficult life and I won't allow anyone to hurt her anymore." Alexandria gave him a warm smile.

"I'll see to it that he does," Vic smirked.

"And I'll make sure to dock your pay," Fred shot back smugly.

Vic snorted, tipping his wine glass in Fred's direction as he sat back in his seat, "don't know what she sees in you, mate."

Fred chuckled slightly as Alexandria gripped Fred's knee tightly. "Well we're happy for you two," Nathan smiled warmly.

"Thank you, sir," Fred spoke softly.

Alexandria looked at Vic across the table and raised an eyebrow, trying to conceal her smile, since when was Fred Weasley polite?

*****

"So you want grey and red as your color scheme?"

"Yes, with gold touches to the center pieces for accents, I think it'd look nice don't you?"

Tristan shrugged, "I like it. We're getting the dresses this afternoon, are your friends on their way?"

"Fleur is on her way," Alexandria nodded with a frown.

"It'll be over sooner than you know it," Tristan grinned.

Fleur arrived an hour after breakfast was over, with a sigh Alexandria followed Tristan to the first bridal shop they could find. Alexandria cringed at all the frilly dresses they looked through, she was never one for fancy frilly dresses, but she always had to have them for her parent's parties or other occasions.

"Oh, this one would be perfect!" Fleur exclaimed as she pulled a satin dress from among a rack of identical looking dresses, it had lace on the sleeves and along the sides, Alexandria shrugged.

"I was thinking of cream....or champagne colored," Alexandria mused as she looked around the room of dresses.

Fleur and Tristan continued to pick out various dresses that showed off Alexandria's figure that she was going to have to try on as Alexandria lazed around the room. She headed to a rack of various lace dresses, her fingers rubbing the material between her fingers as she looked around until her fingers passed over satin material. Alexandria paused, running her fingers over the delicate material and pulling it off the rack.

"Try these on, right  now!" Tristan barked behind Alexandria, making her jump slightly, "I like that one, bring it with you." The girls pushed Alexandria into a changing room

Alexandria sighed, looking at the seven dresses she was forced to try on, without a word Alexandria began to undress and picked the first one of the pile. It had a simple shape, hugging her hips and going down to the floor, there were no sleeves but it had a silver sash around the waist.

"We can do better guys," Alexandria whispered to herself, moving on to the next.

The second was all lace and nothing much different than the first, the third hugged her waist before flaring out with mounds of tulle making it hard to move. After three more, Alexandria had picked two maybes but everything else was a definite no. Until she came to the dress she had picked for herself.

It was pure white with a high collar made of white lace that showed her skin until it reached her chest, The dress sparkled in the light from the beading that was handstitched into the fabric until it reached her knees and fanned out like a mermaid tail to the floor. The back was the most shocking feature, completely opened and coming down to a point at the small of her back where a silver sash with beading sat around her body. Alexandria grinned, this was the dress, she knew it.

"Well come on! Let us see what you've decided on," Fleur said, pounding on the door.

Alexandria opened the door, both girls gasped and nodded their approval, "Fred will never be able to keep his hands off you in that," Fleur snickered.

******

"I heard you found your dress."

Alexandria nodded, wrapping her arms around Fred's arm and moving closer to him on the loveseat with a heavy sigh, "you'll love it."

"You could wear jeans and my jumper and I would love it," Fred kissed her forehead.

"I wish you'd told me that before I went and bought the dress then!" Alexandria prodded Fred's knee with her big toe.

Fred chuckled, "I thought you already knew."

"Please tell me you two aren't going to move in here after you're married," Vic groaned as he placed a sandwich on the coffee table and inserted himself on the loveseat between Fred and Alexandria, "because I don't think I can handle that. On one hand you can use the silencing charm and be perfectly happy together, but this-" Vic made a circular motion to mean their position on the small couch, "this needs to stop or I'll vomit."

Fred snorted, snatching Vic's sandwich from the plate and taking a big bite, "personally, I was really looking forward to living with you, Vic."

"Did you just take my food?" Vic's voice was dark.

"Did you want a job with very little responsibility?"

"The second you two are married, I want you gone," Vic hissed.

"You'd miss us," Alexandria prodded Vic's arm, resulting in Vic shaking his head.

"So much for the bigger cottage with the suite specifically for you then," Fred winked at Alexandria who chuckled.

"My own suite?" Vic thought it over for a moment.

"As our live in maid though."

"I'm not going to be someone's maid!"

Fred laughed slightly, grabbing at Vic's sandwich again.

"Let's just play some games," Vic muttered. "Best two out of three wins ten galleons?"

"You're on," Alexandria and Fred chorused together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 61.5K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
128K 4K 51
"Alarick Von Stein. Master of the vampire kingdom of Europe. My Father or so I thought. I was a half breed, what they hated most. When a vampire has...
124 10 6
Clara Clearwater has been in love with her longtime best friend, George Weasley, since the fourth year. Now, in her sixth year and his seventh, she s...
950K 27K 42
A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION BOOK ONE ❝Lucy wasn't sure of many things. She wasn't sure exactly when she'd discovered she was a witch. She wasn't sure...