The Lost Moonlark (KOTLC fanf...

By HiddenSecrets55

Sophie Elizabeth Foster was lost. With no way to get home, no way to find her way back to The Lost Cities. No... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Two

2.4K 36 24
By HiddenSecrets55

This is for magicistheonlysight her comments keep getting reported for some reason. Hope this makes you feel better.

Unedited.

Sophie paced, as her legs and torso turned numb with pain.

She hadn't slept the night before, no matter who urged her too. She wouldn't be able to sleep, not with the pain, and not while she tried to figure out the storm inside of her. She wore her clothes from yesterday, but Kyle's jacket war wrapped around her.

Kyle should be here any minute, Sophie fiddled with the paracord bracelet. Everyone even the adults had been given one each. Sophie had started pacing when her injuries got to painful to sit still. Sophie new everyone was watching her, curiously.
"Sophie sit down." Edaline coaxed. "No." Sophie shook her head. Her injuries would start throbbing again, and the only free seat was between Alvar and Fitz. She was not sitting there. Sophie ran a hand through her hair that had turned wavey after air drying. Myth's tail thumped against the carpet, Sophie had decided to leave the tail armor off until they left.

Sophie nervously started pacing the whole room. Tam let out a sight. "Sophie. Sit." He said, her legs fell beneath her and she sat on the floor beside Myth, like an obedient dog, she sat. She glared at Tam. "You're making everyone nervous." Sophie stared at the shadow brushing her feet. Sophie took a deep breath, and stood, as her injuries started throbbing she heard a knock at the door and her knees gave out again.

She stared at the door, the knock came again and Kyle's voice made a smile brake out on her face. "Sef?" He asked knocking. Sophie was at the door in an instant. Unlocking it she threw herself in Kyle's arms. Kyle dropped his bag and wrapped his arms around her. "Hey kiddo." He said. Sophie would of cried out in pain from her injuries but she was to happy to see Kyle. His black jacket was cold, and he had a smile on his face. "How are you?" He asked as she pulled away. How was she? Hurt, scared and in pain came to mind but Sophie grinned. "One problem at a time." She said. Kyle stepped in the room, he stared around and looked back at Sophie.

"I wasn't expecting a full house." But he grinned ruffling her hair, making her smile, as her face turned red with happiness. "The more the merrier right?" He asked looking around the room again. "Is that one dead?" He asked nodding to Elwin, though Kyle cursed in nearly every sentence he seemed to be trying hard to not to in front of the room full of people. Sophie smacked his arm, "No! He's just in shock."

"And you?" Kyle asked. Sophie shrugged, "Hanging on." Kyle placed his arm around her shoulders as he looked at the others. "Well, no sense in waiting around. Let's go." He said as he picked up his bag. "Wait. Are you okay to fly?" Sophie asked. "Yeah, I drank some coffee." He said. Sophie shot him a look but picked up her bag. "Let's go." She told the others. "Yeah, Rose is expecting me back by tomorrow." Kyle said as he picked his bag up. Alden and Grady each took Elwin. The others picked up their bags.

After checking out of the hotel and returning the key card. Sophie and the others climbed on a bus. This airport Kyle had stopped at was small as usual. Sophie spotted the Firewave instantly, so did Myth. Sophie grinned and raced to the private plane, that they'd have to stuff in. Sophie opened the back to find it covered in blankets for Myth, who jumped in, snuffling around he rolled onto his armored back. Sophie tossed her bag in, and climbed over the seats into the cockpit.

"Someone's happy to be back in the Firewave." Kyle said as he opened the doors for the others. Sophie found the duffle bag in her seat, she pulled it on her lap and unzipped it to find her blue beanie. "What can I say?" She asked as the others nervously climbed aboard. "I did miss it." Kyle chuckled, "You just miss acting like you were piloting." He said as he closed the back, and the doors, before climbing in. "All gassed?" Sophie asked as she placed her beanie on. "Yup." Kyle said as he sat in the pilot's seat. "No engine troubles?" Sophie asked as she placed the headset on. "No mam." Kyle replied. "All of you buckle up back there...or those of you who can. The rest of you hang on." Kyle said as he started the plane engine. He put on his own headset on.

The take off was quick and flawless. Though the elves in the back panicked and clung tight to each other. The lean back made Sophie's wounds throb in pain, but she was way to happy to even care. "Brings back memories doesn't it?" Kyle asked as he pulled a pack of mint gum out of the visor, taking a piece he handed it to Sophie. "Yeah it sure does." Sophie said taking a piece she handed it back to the others who took one piece each, unsure what they were supposed to do, so they watched Sophie.  As they gained altitude, higher and higher, Sophie's ears popped, she put the gum in her mouth.

"We stopping anywhere?" She asked, as she chewed the gum. "We're gonna have to stop in Nova Scotia, to gas up, once more in Washington, then we're headed home." Kyle said. "You made a trip half way around the world in a day?" Sophie asked. "I flew through the night, and...I was going full speed too." Kyle grinned. The sound of him smacking gum sounded through her headset. Sophie glanced back around her seat to see out the window, checking the wing out of habit. The sky was greyish blue but beautiful none the less. "So want to give me any answers?" Kyle asked. "About what?" Sophie asked.

"Who you're running from, cause I can't harbor any criminals y'know, Rose being a cop and all." He chuckled. "We're running from a society called the Neverseen." Sophie said, as she pulled her journal out. Flipping through her journal, she found the page where she had drawn the blind eye at the top of the page. "This is their sign." Sophie said leaning over and showing Kyle who glanced at it. His eyebrows raising. "What'd you do? And who are they?"

"They..." Sophie glanced back at the others who were staring at her. "The less you know the better, but they were doing experiments...and not the good kind. We destroyed one of their bases and they're hunting us down." Sophie said. "Right." Kyle said, he sounded like he was trying to believe Sophie. "They're an independent organization, and quiet frankly few people know about them, and no one should...they've done some bad things, we wiped out some of their labs." Sophie said.

"And why are you guys doing it? What organization are you with?" Kyle asked. "We're in an independent organization called the Black Swan. We're trying to keep people like the Neverseen from ever surfacing to public eye."

"Alright." Kyle nodded. "You believe me?" Sophie asked. "Kid, you've never given me any reason for me not to believe you, what I don't get." Kyle said, glancing over at Sophie. "Is how you got mixed up in all this Black Swan, why you were caught in the storm, and how come you couldn't remember anything?"

"My family was in the Black Swan...it's... It's why they aren't in the picture anymore." Sophie said, she was getting as close to the truth as she could. "I was stuck into the Black Swan, without really making the decision myself. Before long I was doing missions for them, turns out I was investigating some rumors of a base in Alaska, I fell off a mountain which is how I got those bruises, I hit my head and forgot everything."

"These organizations... They are supposed to be secret and undercover?" Kyle asked "Yeah, no one is supposed to know." Sophie said, glancing at me, he laughed. "I can take a hint kid. So how do you keep winding up in different places in the world?"

"The last few times I forgot because of my fall, but it was because of missions." Sophie said. Kyle nodded. "Alright. Now these experiments. What are they exactly?" He asked.

"Demons. They only want blood shed, their creatures of chaos." Sophie stared out the window the sun shone in her eyes brightly. Pulling the sunglasses off the visor, she pushed them on, as Kyle did the same with his own. "From what I can tell, you have to decapitate them completely before they die. Even then the body still moves." Sophie said. "Now this is getting harder and harder to believe." Kyle said. Sophie shook her head, "I'd never lie to you Kyle. You know that..."

"Well I know you can twist the truth." Kyle said. Sophie groaned "Alright fine. I give up, I told you what I can...that you might believe, if I told you the rest you'd have us all put in mad houses." Sophie said. "So you've given me partly truth?" Kyle asked, not sounding angry. "I twisted the truth so your mind can accept it." Sophie said. Kyle nodded, "Okay, if that's twisted truth I don't think I want to know the rest." He said. "That's not even half of it." Sophie said as the golden sun beamed through the windows. "Yup, I'm not going to ask. I am going to ask though...is Myth an experiment?" He asked. Sophie blew out a breath before shrugging. "He is a mix breed of what we call a Bora wolf and Rouge Beast." Sophie said.

"So wolf and beast...yeah cause he doesn't look like any dog breeds I've looked up." Kyle said. "So are you all agents for this Black Swan?" Kyle asked. "Yeah...most of us, but right now we're running from them too." Sophie leaned her elbow on the cold window. Staring at the land rolling beneath the airplane. "They lied to jus about some important things so we're cutting ourselves off for a while. Besides they're a bit busy with the whole war."

"War?" Kyle asked. "Just the norm Kyle." Sophie said. Kyle cursed good naturedly smiling. "You sure are weird Sef." Sophie cursed him back, with a smile. "I sure am." Sophie was sure Kyle rolled his eyes as he laughed. "Get out of here." He said. Sophie looked out the window and wrinkled her nose. "Nah I think I'll stay in, for a while longer." Sophie added an unkind name at the end but it made Kyle laugh, "You'll be a sailor yet." He laughed. Sophie laughed. "What about a pilot?" She asked. Kyle reached over and tugged on his old jacket. "You've already got the jacket and the words...you'll still need practice flying." He said. Sophie smacked his hand away. "Hands off my jacket."

"It was my jacket first." Kyle laughed as he pulled away. "Well it's not any more." Sophie said. "That much is clear." Kyle said. "You should get some rest, you look like your exhausted...or was that just makeup under your eyes?"

"No....I... I haven't been able to get any sleep lately." Sophie said quietly. "Well just try. Have one of your friends throw a blanket up here." Sophie glanced back, "Biana throw me the blue blanket." Sophie said. Biana tossed Sophie the dark blue blanket that was next to her. Sophie caught it. "What is it with you and blue?" Kyle asked. Sophie grinned as she wrapped the blanket around her. "It looks good on me. Heck any color looks good on me." Sophie said in the cockiest voice she could muster. "Look at that attitude, you and Rose are going to be picking on me for the rest of your time in Alaska." Kyle sighed.
"Probably." Sophie agreed as she leaned back in her chair.

"Anyway I can bribe you not to?" Kyle asked. "No way! Making fun of you is constant entertainment for us." Sophie said. Kyle groaned. "I was afraid of that." Sophie smiled but she found herself drifting off.

~

Sophie watched as the green forestry passed under the plane. Washington state was beautiful in it's own cloudy way. "You okay?" Kyle asked. Sophie nodded. "Yeah...I've just been thinking."

"You know I don't know a lot about secret organizations and wars, but I know an internal war when I see one." Kyle said. Sophie sighed, "Oh just...troubles." She wasn't about to admit in front of everyone that she was trying to decide two brothers. Everyone in the back seemed to nervous in the plane to sleep. Kyle had been introduced to them all, but they seemed unsure about talking to a human. So they all sat in the back quietly. "I'm thinking several things Sef, so do you want to clarify anything?" Kyle asked. "Noooo." Sophie said lowly. "Okay so it's clearly boys." Kyle said. Sophie hurried her red face in her hands. "I'll tell you one thing. Boys are trouble so don't get involved." Kyle said.

"I'm so not having this talk with you...or anyone else for that matter."

"I'm just saying guys are trouble." Kyle shrugged though he seemed to enjoy Sophie's embarrassed state. "You don't think I already know that?" She asked. "I swear I could probably list names, about all the guys that have caused me problems." Sophie said. "Well you are a cute girl, so my advise, is stay single and free, it'll make you happier." Sophie laughed. "Kyle I'm pretty sure that's just you being happy being away from Alena."

"Nearly five months and I haven't regretted the decision yet. Now don't try to change the subject." Kyle said. "I would really like to not talk about this." Sophie said. She knew everyone in the back was listening to them. "But I'm bord and need some entertainment." Kyle said. "So let's talk. Who is it?"

"Absolutely not!" Sophie said glaring at him. "Oh come ooon...alright give me a hint."

"You don't even know the-" Sophie clapped a hand over her mouth blushing. Kyle's mouth popped open in surprise. His laugh started as a low rumble before bursting out. "Oh dear dear Sef, you've got troubles."

"No way!" Sophie said sarcastically, her face still burning. "I had noooo ideaaaa." She said holding out her words. Kyle was still laughing. "Shut up!" Sophie said smacking his arm. "Are you kidding?! No way! I finally get to mess with you!" Kyle said. "Now let's see...you have never blushed as red as that so I'm guessing-" Sophie leaned over and pressed her hand to Kyle's mouth. "I will hurt you." She threatened. Kyle's eyes slid over to her. Sophie jerked away. "Did you just lick my hand! You-" Sophie called him some names she had heard him use. "Don't distract the pilot!" Kyle smirked. Sophie wiped her palm on the seat. "I will highjack this plane and toss you out if you say one more thing." Sophie threatened.

Kyle's smile was wider then the Cheshire cat's. "I know who it is." He sang. "That's it." Sophie pulled her iPod out and turned on the music through the speaker. To her horror 'You Belong With Me' came on. Sophie skipped it quickly, only for one love song after another come on. She cursed and turned on her 'Angry' playlist. Kyle however was red faced as he tried to keep from laughing, but he shook with the effort. Sophie let the metal music fill the plane as she glared at Kyle. "I'm sorry.." He said as he burst out laughing. Sophie turned away and pulled the new headphones from the glove box, she plugged them in and pulled off the headset, and put her headphones in.

Kyle wiped away tears of mirth from his eyes, after a while. "Okay sorry. I won't tease you anymore, you have to admit that was funny." He said. Sophie pulled out her headphones acting like she hadn't heard. "What?" Kyle shot her a look. "I'm not repeating myself Sophie." Sophie turned off her iPod and placed it in the glove box. "To bad, I just might tell Rose a littl-"

"No. I'm sorry okay?!" Kyle said in panic. Sophie smirked. "That's what I thought." Kyle called her a few names under his breath and Sophie returned them with her own. Sophie placed her headset back on. "I really should throw you out of the plane y'know..." She said glancing down at the ocean beneath them. She looked back at the wing and froze, she felt her eyes widen. She cursed, before speaking as calmly as she could, "Just to be sure...you can land on the water right?"

"Yeah, why?" Kyle asked. Sophie nodded, as she pushed the blanket off of her. "Just curious if you could get me if I fell." She said as she slipped off her jacket. "Whoa! What are you doing kid!?" Kyle asked grabbing her arm as she unbuckled. "There is an experiment on your wing." Sophie said, as she shoved a flare gun in the waist band of her jeans. "What?!" Kyle asked glancing back, he paled and swallowed. "Let me try shaking it. Everyone grab hold of something, and so help me Sophie you open that door I will personally make you go sky diving." Kyle said as he straightened in his seat.

"There is only way to get rid of these things Kyle." Sophie said as she checked to make sure the long knife from the last demon was still in her belt loop. Kyle cursed. "Sophie Elizabeth you listen to me. My plane my rules, you sit your butt down and stay there!" Kyle said as he tilted the plane. Sophie clenched her stomach, as her stomach throbbed. "Kyle Whitaker you listen to me!" Sophie said, "that thing will follow us until it's dead." She cursed at his stubbornness as he tried to shake the demon clinging to the wing of the plane. "That's the things they're making?!" Kyle asked as he tried his best to shake the horned beast. Sophie had been sure she had killed the one in New York, which only meant one thing. The Neverseen had created a whole army of dark elves.

"It's not shaking!" Kyle said as he tilted the nose of the plane upward. "Everyone back there hang on." Sophie clutched her seat as he started twisting the plane in circles faster and faster, as it shot up in the sky. "Not working!" Sophie said, clutching her seat. "Wait for it." Kyle said, he slowed and cut the engine of the plane. "Since when were you a bloody stunt pilot?!" Sophie shouted as she heard the elves in the back scream, as the plane started free falling. "I said wait for it!" Kyle snapped as he started the engine again. Jerking the plane out of the free fall it shot up in the sky again, then a sharp nose dive he evened out. "It's still there!" Grady called. "Alright Kyle. You tried your way, I try it mine." Sophie said before shoving the blade of the knife in her mouth, and shoved the plane door open, and jumped onto the wing. Ready to defend her family, she faced the demon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 243 9
When Sophie Foster is kidnapped by the Neverseen, the entire Elvin community believes she's dead. For almost a month, her family and friends attempt...
456 44 13
The Neverseen have kidnapped Foster and somehow the successfully broke through her mental blockade. They erased her memories and sent her back to the...
15.3K 278 38
DISCONTINUED AND BEING REWRITTEN with minor plot changes (and with much better writing - hopefully) Newer version can be found on my profile. Thank y...
24.5K 367 34
Sophie and Fitz finally confess their love, which makes some people *cough* Keefe *cough* jealous. But, when the Neverseen kidnaps Sophie, Keefe must...