Butterfly | Park Jimin [Book...

By cityhearts

BOOK 2 OF PAPER CRANES [COMPLETED] Maybe she finally decided to put herself first; maybe he finally learned... More

0: Butterfly
1: Art Exhibit
2: Bad Dream
3: Oppositions
4: Missing Link
5: Kitchen Moves
6: Illegal
8: Acquaintance
9: His Heart
10: Drowning
11: Professional
12: Box
13: Missing
14: Questions
15: Persistent
16: Speculations
17: Atrocity
18: Wounds
19: Coffee
20: Artwork
21: Gift
22: Night Sky
23: Fall
Epilogue
hmmm?

7: Frustrations

7.2K 594 248
By cityhearts

I might have not noticed it myself, yet by the day my mother had raised her inquisitions, I had figured that my vexation had been leaking out of my gestures and actions for the days that had passed.

Instead of triggering any unnecessary suspicion from her, I simply lied and told her I was frantic over the fact that I might be out of place.

As expected, she reminded me of the several times I had involved myself with parties and mingled with socialites. I was then partly scolded for my low confidence, and she gave me a full lecture of how there was nothing I need to be insecure of.

But that wasn't exactly the case, and well, she need not to know. My mother could be a private investigator, and she would quickly catch on it with a simple slip of my tongue, so I intently nodded throughout her lesson without arguments.

Though I was actually upset. Knowing my mother, she would always think about it and worry about me.

Well, at least it was better for her to worry about this, than that.

"Are you trying to disintegrate my arm?"

I let out a small yelp, only realizing that I had been clutching on him tightly, as if my life depended on it. Except that I actually felt like it did.

"Sorry."

I loosened my grip, debating on whether I should just let go of him completely as I was not confident that I wouldn't go back to tightening my grasp again.

But before I could slip my hand away, Jimin took my hand off his arm and held on it instead. I lifted my gaze, bemused with his action.

"If you feel way too uneasy, you could just hold my hand then. Saves me the trouble of fracturing my arm."

I pushed my lower lip into a small pout and dropped my gaze on the shiny marbled floor.

"I'm really sorry."

Jimin snorted humorlessly. "Chin up, Haneul."

"Sorry about that."

"And stop apologizing."

"Oh, okay."

A cold air of awkward silence ensued us, with the sound of classy jazz music and echoey chatters to fill the background.

Mr. Bun held his event in his extravagant penthouse. It was divided into a roofed area, and a totally open space with a swimming pool. The tint of the lights were a mix of royal blue and champagne gold that reflected through the glass walls.

Everything was admirable and aesthetically pleasing, however my heart just couldn't stay at ease.

"Don't worry, we can leave right after we meet him." Jimin brushed my hand with his thumb. He must've noticed how tense my every move was.

"Jimin," I whispered, not meeting his gaze. "You aren't a dangerous person right?"

It was a stupid question, but just a shot to tranquilize my system.

Jimin lightly pulled my hand down and I halted on my tracks. He stood in front of me with the faintest smile, free from any form of malice.

"Have you finally learned your lesson after all these years to be cautious? Have you finally realized that you need to watch out for yourself?"

I curiously stared at him, pursing my lips before I shifted my gaze elsewhere. Jimin traced a finger on my hairline, brushing a strand away from my face, his touch burning through my skin.

"Or are you just like that because it's me?" Jimin chuckled and led the way again, still holding my hand.

Heaving a sigh, I followed his lead, just a step behind him.

"No," I breathed out as an answer. It had nothing to do with him, and I hope he'd stop thinking so. But my voice only drowned in the crowd's noise.

"Come here." He slowed down, pulling me cautiously to his side with our elbows touching. "Mr. Bun might seem like a show-off in his parties. It always has to be extravagant. But people who know him personally could tell immediately that this is just his artistically expressive side."

"I see." I wanted to slap my face for the shallow answer.

"Those who try to get in his circle think that they need to show off themselves to get his approval. Ironically, Mr. Bun prefers simple people. He judges them with what he always calls the inner art of the heart and the soul."

Jimin smiled to himself and continued with his monologue despite my passive answers as we meandered through the area. I mentally thanked him, seeing as he was just making an effort to distract me. Or at least that was how I understood his actions.

Nevertheless, had there been other reasons, it was helping me and that was what mattered.

Jimin spotted Mr. Bun amidst the people gathering around him and we wasted no time to approach him. As usual, it was merely small talk with Jimin acquainting me and Mr. Bun.

Despite Chaerin's absence, he seemed pleased whilst we talked with him.

Minutes later, Mr. Bun had to entertain his other guests and we excused ourselves. And all I had in mind was that we could finally leave as there were no other reasons for us to stay anymore.

"Are you really sure you don't want to take a bite or get a drink before we leave?" Jimin asked as we stepped inside the lift.

To be honest, I was famished. But I'd feel better if I could just head home already.

I sported a small smile and nodded. There was a tint of disapproval and confusion in his eyes, yet he dropped it off and we left the venue without interruptions.

Massaging my temples, I stared outside the car window, the street lights flickering as we drove by. My eyes were getting milkier by the second. I forced myself awake.

"I don't mind if you sleep."

At the mention of sleep, a soft yawn escaped my lips. I raised my hand with a small wave, as if to signify that it was fine before I let it drop back on my side.

"Don't tell me you're doubting me," he surmised.

"It's not that."

"You're being very suspicious," he commented flatly. "Should I be worried?"

"It's nothing," I deadpanned.

Jimin suddenly stepped on the break and my head snapped to him, completely startled. Did I do anything wrong?

"Stay here." He opened his door and climbed out of his car. "Don't open unless it's me," he added before shutting it close.

No coherent thought came to my mind and I was left speechless. I simply followed him with my eyes as he passed in front of his car and entered a 7/Eleven.

Did he just walk in a convenience store in a suit?

That question aside, I realized I was actually left alone inside his car, surrounded by darkness, lightly brightened by the streetlights.

I dug my phone out of my purse and went through my contacts, prepared for whenever I might need to call anyone for help.

Stop being paranoid, Haneul!

"Aish. This is stupid." I buried my face in my hands, murmuring noises just to let out my frustrations.

It sucks how it had been months since then, yet the memory crawled beneath my veins, daunting me every time, that it had slowly affected my whole lifestyle.

Why am I allowing it?

Huffing a deep exhale out, I patted on my cheeks. A knock on my window caught my attention, and glancing outside, it was Jimin.

I rolled the window down.

"Come outside for a while," he said.

Although perplexed, I unbuckled my seatbelt and obliged. A shiver pulsed through my body the moment I stepped out. And my long-high off shoulder royal blue dress wasn't helping me battle the cold.

My shoulders tensed when something warm draped around them, relaxing later on after figuring out that it was only Jimin's coat.

"It's al—"

"Here," he cut me off, tossing a round object and luckily, I was quick enough to catch it. "Eat. I'm sure all those deep thoughts made you hungry."

"Egg bread?" I smiled instinctively and he nodded, taking a bite on his own food.

We stood there, leaning on the hood of his car, eating in silence. But this time, it was comforting.

I had no idea with what was going on in his mind, and my mind was too exhausted to think anymore. So for now I could only be thankful about it.

probably confusing and all, but you'll understand soon, I promise!

on another note — DO YOU ALL KNOW HOW MUCH MY HEART SWELLS WHEN YOU GUYS THANK ME WHENEVER I UPDATE? like I feel really mushy I have the best readers ever, you make writing really enjoyable for me and I feel very much appreciated 😭 thank you for patiently waiting for updates! take care and stay healthy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 255 16
"You froze my heart like this fucking world" a j.jk short post-apocalyptic story angst warning start: around july 2020 end: 08/06/21
190K 8.6K 27
Book II for 'You read fanfics about me?' one shot. "When we first met,I had no idea you would be so important to me" "Everyone say...
91.8K 3.9K 61
"Sometimes, love comes in the least expected place, in the least expected ways." A Namjin FanficπŸ’œ Started: May 1st, 2019 Completed: April 2nd, 2020 ...
8.4K 410 24
- where jimin and jungkook send messages to each other by a paper airplane - when jungkook moves to seoul to attend school, many begin to bully him...